Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did not see this covered. You can get up to $100 promo credits if you bought any Samsung smart TV

http://tvapps.samsungrebate.com/ and enter your TV serial number and model. get an email immediately with the promo code. Chose the Netflix promo and got 12 months free (saved $96)
vinnny likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 02:04 PM

Liked: 10

I have the 32 inch version of this tv which I got over black friday. I can't for the life of me update the firmware to 1118 the download fails every time be it wired or wireless at 59%. I have already updated to 1117.4 via the usb method off the website but the 1118 version isn't available to download yet. Why does it keep failing? And when will it be posted to the samsung website? Thanks!

post #813 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 03:41 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0e18207 View Post

I have the 32 inch version of this tv which I got over black friday. I can't for the life of me update the firmware to 1118 the download fails every time be it wired or wireless at 59%. I have already updated to 1117.4 via the usb method off the website but the 1118 version isn't available to download yet. Why does it keep failing? And when will it be posted to the samsung website? Thanks!

Is it saying error 801 or something?

It would not successfully download the update on mine either. I disconnected from my wireless network and reconnected. It was able to download and complete the update after that. I am not positive that was the solution because I'd tried different network configurations and even with a wired connection but it still failed. It took quite a few tries before the update completed.
post #814 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What PANEL SYMBOLS am I supposed to look for on the UN60F6300(or 55") box?

SO1, WO1, TO1, WTF1!!!

I appreciate all the info here, but sometimes it does just drive me crazy. Now I am paranoid about buying the wrong TV with the wrong panel, or looking for one box with the right panel # on it.

But, I would rather be a smart shopper, than an uninformed one.
post #815 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmak View Post

Did not see this covered. You can get up to $100 promo credits if you bought any Samsung smart TV

http://tvapps.samsungrebate.com/ and enter your TV serial number and model. get an email immediately with the promo code. Chose the Netflix promo and got 12 months free (saved $96)

Thanks ! ! ! Just got my $100 credit smile.gif

For anyone else that does this, make sure you put Dec 8 or later as a purchase date (I purchased mine in Oct but put Dec 8) cool.gif
post #816 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 07:06 PM

!!! STOP OBSESSING OVER WHO MAKES THE PANELS !!!

I've had a UN60F6300 with a HS01 (Sharp) panel since July and I LOVE IT!

It's not a Samsung panel - it's a Sharp panel and it's STUNNING!

Get a grip people, life is way too short to be stressing about something so trivial!

G44
post #817 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 07:28 PM

Liked: 16

^^^

I hear you, I got samsung panel, even though the picture quality looks stunning, during dark scenes I see flash lighting from the edges, no way I am going to return my TV for this, I think it is a limitation of LED technology. Again as mentioned earlier, I have compared the picture quality to sony 60" 550A and it is soo much better. 

post #818 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmak View Post

Thanks ! ! ! Just got my $100 credit smile.gif

For anyone else that does this, make sure you put Dec 8 or later as a purchase date (I purchased mine in Oct but put Dec 8) cool.gif

Ditto on date. Looks like they took down the site over abuse at slickdeals. This deal is advertised on 3rd party sellers too so hopefully it's not over.
post #819 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabih786 View Post

Thanks for letting me know about that 5ghz is supported. Have you noticed any sluggishness or drops at certain distances away from the router. I'm hoping there are no issues to my bedroom tv which is about 30 ft from the router

It all depends on your environment.

FYI, 5 GHz Wi-Fi does not offer increased bandwidth, it is just transmitted at a higher frequency (like a radio station with a higher frequency). It may perform better due to the 5 GHz band being less crowded, but depending on use conditions your results may vary. If you have the option, try both and see which works best for you. 5 GHz may lose signal strength through walls more than 2.4 GHz.

Of course, a wired connection will always give you the best performance. I would recommend going wired for video devices whenever possible, especially for users that play local file via the network (DLNA, Plex, etc.) When ethernet is not feasible, Powerline or MoCA are possible alternatives. I've also heard that wireless bridges often perform better than the built in Wi- Fi radios in electronics devices.
post #820 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty55 View Post

!!! STOP OBSESSING OVER WHO MAKES THE PANELS !!!

I've had a UN60F6300 with a HS01 (Sharp) panel since July and I LOVE IT!

It's not a Samsung panel - it's a Sharp panel and it's STUNNING!

Get a grip people, life is way too short to be stressing about something so trivial!

G44

...then I guess you wouldn't mind if the Ferrari you just purchased had a Toyota engine in it rolleyes.gif
post #821 of 2154 Old 12-13-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabih786 View Post

Thanks for letting me know about that 5ghz is supported. Have you noticed any sluggishness or drops at certain distances away from the router. I'm hoping there are no issues to my bedroom tv which is about 30 ft from the router

FYI, 5 GHz Wi-Fi does not offer increased bandwidth, it is just transmitted at a higher frequency (like a radio station with a higher frequency). It may perform better due to the 5 GHz band being less crowded, but depending on use conditions your results may vary. If you have the option, try both and see which works best for you. 5 GHz may lose signal strength through walls more than 2.4 GHz.

Of course, a wired connection will always give you the best performance. I would recommend going wired for video devices whenever possible, especially for users that play local file via the network (DLNA, Plex, etc.) When ethernet is not feasible, Powerline or MoCA are possible alternatives. I've also heard that wireless bridges often perform better than the built in Wi- Fi radios in electronics devices.

This^ I have an Asus AC66U router along with a WD My Net AC Bridge hooked up to the tv's Ethernet and there's never a hiccup the connection smile.gif

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2
post #822 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post

Ditto on date. Looks like they took down the site over abuse at slickdeals. This deal is advertised on 3rd party sellers too so hopefully it's not over.

yep yep yep . got hulu free for a year , slickdealers went nuts trying to trade codes and crashed site, I love a deal but those people would ship their mom COD to make a deal ( Wall Street Reference ) eek.gif
post #823 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 01:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 821
Quote:

...then I guess you wouldn't mind if the Ferrari you just purchased had a Toyota engine in it rolleyes.gif
Very poor comparison. Youre not buying a Ferrari. Its barely a midlevel Samsung. And there isnt that much difference between the Sharp and Samsung panels. Some people with Sharp panels are very happy and some with Samsung panels have had issues.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #824 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Very poor comparison. Youre not buying a Ferrari. Its barely a midlevel Samsung. And there isnt that much difference between the Sharp and Samsung panels. Some people with Sharp panels are very happy and some with Samsung panels have had issues.

I was just making a point that if you purchase a Samsung tv, one may expect to have the main part of the tv made by Samsung, not by a competitor. Just like you wouldn't expect to have a Toyota engine in a Ferrari even though Toyota makes a good engine...
post #825 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:

I was just making a point that if you purchase a Samsung tv, one may expect to have the main part of the tv made by Samsung, not by a competitor..

Following your line of thinking Vizio would be bankrupt because they sub-out all their panel manufacturing. Instead, Vizio is one of the fastest growing TV manufacturers on the planet.
post #826 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Following your line of thinking Vizio would be bankrupt because they sub-out all their panel manufacturing. Instead, Vizio is one of the fastest growing TV manufacturers on the planet.

Your totally missing my point. Some Samsung tv's come with Samsung panels and some don't (not like Visio that sub-out all their panels as you say). If I'm buying a Samsung tv and I know they DO make tv's with Samsung panels then I would want a Samsung panel. I'm not going to go back and forth with this on this thread, if you want we can discuss this by PM.
post #827 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 821
The real point is its a global economy. Practically all companies outsource now. There are probably parts from 10 different countries and 75 companies in your car.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #828 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand11 View Post

Hi All, joined the AVS forums to discuss clouding issues I'm experiencing with my recently purchased UN55F6300. I'm not sure what to do, if I should just return and get my money back and hedge my bets on a different led tv, go plasma, call Samsung and see if they can address this issue, or what. Would love anyone's take on this issue and any advice on how to handle.

I attached a couple (bad) pictures of the screen to give you an idea of the clouding. The one with the flash isn't the best due to the flash's reflection off the screen, but you can see the clouding pattern. The darker one makes it look REALLY bad which is a product of me taking the photo in a completely dark room with no flash and a low quality camera phone, but again shows you the clouding. It's not that insane in an all-dark room, but much more noticeable than if I had lights on obviously. The one with the flash is close to how it looks in a room with a couple lights on (not super bright). In both images, although the screen looks blue, it was black and the clouding parts were grayish. The blue is a product of the crappy camera phone.

This is actually my second F6300. The first one had more noticeable flashlighting on the left side which I found unacceptable so I returned and exchanged for a new unit and this is now the current issue. This new unit's clouding is certainly less intense than the flashlighting was, but I can still notice it when the screen goes black like during end credits of a movie for example. This issue happens with dark scenes from any input or source (cable box, blu-ray, dvd, xbox). I swapped around inputs just in case but same problem.

I'm not expecting Plasma/OLED level blacks, but for $1000ish I think it's reasonable to at LEAST get a screen that can evenly display an image. I don't trust the notes I've seen on the net about rubbing the screen or tapping the affected areas, I feel like that could make the problem worse. 

Obviously I'm within a return window right now, but as we all know moving a 55in TV in box is a royal pain. Furthermore, I'm concerned that this is about as good as I'll get as it seems to be a consistent problem with LED TV's in general, even pricier ones. Sucks because I have a 3-year old 40" Samsung LCD (not LED) tv that produces an even image (not as good with colors/shadow details/contrast as this 6300 though, not even close). The only thing I have against getting a plasma is that this tv is in a larger room with a few west-facing windows so if I'm watching during the day, I know I'll be hating the washed out plasma screen. I'd say 80% of my viewing, however, is during dusk/evening.

I'm dealing with the same thing here. Should I exchange it or not? I'm going back in forth on the decision. It appears a few people in this thread listed that they aren't getting any clouding but I take that with a grain of salt without seeing any pictures. Honestly, I'm even noticing it in some "not super dark" scenes. I'm wondering what the impact of rubbing or massaging would be. This is the first I've heard of that so I'm not even sure what the procedure would be for that. Anyone else care to chime in on their experience? Also, my set is a WH04 version.
post #829 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 09:32 AM

Liked: 17
I've the 75" version, and it has pretty distinct flashlighting from all 4 corners.
The clouding isn't so bad, and I can see neither during any tv watching.

The worst time is when my receiver's menu is on (Denon), not as bad anytime else.

Also debating whether to do anything or not. Being a 75" wallmounted, it's not exactly a walk in the park taking it down and putting up another one, or two, or,.....

The problem too is the next higher model (6400) is $1000 more than what I paid for this one.
post #830 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 10:22 AM

TiVo DVR w/Samsung "Smart" 6350?

Is anyone using a TiVo DVR with these HDTVs?  Way to configure the TiVo unit with its CableCard to be known to the TV as the set-top device and the TiVo remote functionality from the Samsung remote (version with Netflix button row)?   Alternately, suggested Harmony remote model to control the SmartTv and TiVo.

Also, any comments about the TC and FiOS apps on the TV -- good/bad/indifferent and do the apps include cloud based DVR functions?

Thanks

post #831 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 11:21 AM

NewYork1 TiVo DVR w/Samsung "Smart" 6350?

I have a UN75F6300 and connected TIVO Premiere (4) with cable card via HDMI1 (STB). I did not set up the Samsung remote for STB. I use a Harmony 650 and programmed them to the "Watch TV" button. I have the TV RF connected to OTA antenna and the TIVO is connected to both cable and antenna.
Everything works great--can put in cable channels 2 thru 900 as well as antenna OTA like 4-1, 14-1, etc.
Don't know about TC , FiOS and apps. As name implies, am an Old-Timer and mainly just watch some programs and sometimes record some.
Hope this helps--Let us know,
post #832 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Which panel do you have ?

Sorry for the late reply, it's a TH01

post #833 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyraxus View Post

I'm dealing with the same thing here. Should I exchange it or not? I'm going back in forth on the decision. It appears a few people in this thread listed that they aren't getting any clouding but I take that with a grain of salt without seeing any pictures. Honestly, I'm even noticing it in some "not super dark" scenes. I'm wondering what the impact of rubbing or massaging would be. This is the first I've heard of that so I'm not even sure what the procedure would be for that. Anyone else care to chime in on their experience? Also, my set is a WH04 version.

My WH04 has the same, I noticed the similar effect in 60" sony 550A as well, I think its a limitation of edge lit LED,  I started maintaining some ambient light in living room during night time, it helps masking this issue and my eyes are not feeling tired. So in my case I am not exchanging my TV just for this issue

armand11 likes this.
post #834 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:

I see some people saying the rubbing method works, but that really seems iffy to me. You're putting pressure on an object that's not build to handle that, seems like a risk that could make things worse. Just my opinion, but I think this just all boils down to ****** QC from Samsung. Yes, these aren't the top models we're talking about, but they still charge $1000+ for them and I think it's reasonable to expect a good viewing experience. I have a TH01 version, not sure what the differences are and frankly don't care as they're all still a Samsung TV with their warranty.

If it bothers you enough, I say return it or exchange it...or try calling Samsung but I've heard that's a long annoying process. Depends on if you feel you'll learn to live with it or if it's a real problem. I'm on the bubble myself.

post #835 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork1 View Post

TiVo DVR w/Samsung "Smart" 6350?

Is anyone using a TiVo DVR with these HDTVs?  Way to configure the TiVo unit with its CableCard to be known to the TV as the set-top device and the TiVo remote functionality from the Samsung remote (version with Netflix button row)?   Alternately, suggested Harmony remote model to control the SmartTv and TiVo.

Also, any comments about the TC and FiOS apps on the TV -- good/bad/indifferent and do the apps include cloud based DVR functions?

Thanks

My Config

Coax ---> TIVO Roamio ----> Samsung 6300 HDMI 1 (STB)

Samsung 6300 (Optical out) ----> soundbar 

I am in need of

1. Tivo Remote to change channels, change input source and other DVR functions

2. I need samsung 6300 remote to play with Smart Hub and other TV controls like picture options and etc

3. Need sound bar remote to control volume / mute

What a royal pain :-), I too look for a recommendation

post #836 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pness91 View Post

Does anyone know how to delete/clear the recently enjoyed content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxb11 View Post

In the browser?

No.  I viewed some pictures from a USB key.  Now those pictures are seen on the 'Recently Enjoyed Content' screen.  The fourth icon at the top 

Quote:

From page 48 of the user manual:

"You can delete the history information about recently viewed channels, content and applications.
Screen Menu > Smart Features > Remove viewing history > History"

I've tried to do this, but the Remove viewing history option is greyed out.  

post #837 of 2154 Old 12-14-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

Thanks for your response, I understand how 2.4 and 5.0Ghz work

I live in a condo building, and have tons of interference on all 2.4 channels (1 6 11), currently I'm able to get a link speed of 144 Mbps. For me to actually get 300Mbps on my current laptop (2009 mbp) I'd need to go wider channels, which I can do on the 5 ghz spectrum because of the amount of channels available. There is no need for me to buy into the AC hoopla right now because none of my devices support it, and theres no way im gonna be using USB sticks for wireless.

I have already scanned my area with inSSIDer and netstumbler to see which channels are less congested. I have all my devices hardwired that can be (living room TV, xbox, printer etc) onto a gigabit network. Plex has been fine actually from my laptop to the tv's over wifi. but of course, until i get a 5 bay NAS, this setup will have to do.

Either way I'm excited for my new router to finally arrive, so sick of this old linksys

sig
post #838 of 2154 Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 AM

The theatre room in our home is a long way from a wireless router. I've tried so many routers it's silly. This was the device that solved all those problems for me. Now I have four home theatre devices all connected through it, including a UN75F6300.

http://www.amazon.com/Livewire-Powerline-Network-Kit-200Mbps/dp/B003VWY0VY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387116151&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+powerline
post #839 of 2154 Old 12-15-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:

I can accept minor cloudiness on an ultra thin edge lit LCD, but my UN55F6300 version WH04 (which was cloud free out of the box), is now displaying severe flashlighting from the upper left corner that extends to the center of the screen. This flashlighting is visible even during not so dark scenes, and no amount of adjustment of the picture settings will remedy it. As much of a PITA it is to box up a 55", I have decided after 8 days of ownership to exchange it.
post #840 of 2154 Old 12-15-2013, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just hooked up my new UN46F6530 with my new Marantz NR1604 AVR, with cable, Tivo, BluRay, DVD/CD multi-disc and phono all as inputs to the AVR. The one item I have not been able to get working yet, though, is the TV audio via the ARC. I have the HDMI output from the NR1604 plugged into HDMI-2(ARC) on the TV, using a High-Speed Ethernet-capable HDMI cable (have tried 2 different ones). On the TV sound settings, Receiver is greyed out (I can select "external speakers" or "TV speakers"), and I see no setting on the NR1604 to tell it to use the ARC channel as input for TV Audio. The PDF manuals for both units are very vague about ARC, making it sound as if it is "plug and play"

I realize I can use an optical digital sound cable, but was really hoping not to. Would appreciate any ideas / guidance the team here might have. Thanks.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page