Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 2191 Old 01-11-2014, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried both using both the AV and 3 components cables. I swap the red / blue / yellow cable aroung.
Same problem."Resolution Not Supported. Change the resolution of external device"

I take this same DVD player and plug into my friend's TV using the same 3 component cables. It works there.

So, the problem is with my new Samsung TV component input plugs, rigth? I cannot find any software setting for this video component setting with this Samsang TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 2191 Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Get an HDMI bluray player for about $35 and be done with it.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #1173 of 2191 Old 01-11-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by young707 View Post

I tried both using both the AV and 3 components cables. I swap the red / blue / yellow cable aroung.
Same problem."Resolution Not Supported. Change the resolution of external device"

I take this same DVD player and plug into my friend's TV using the same 3 component cables. It works there.

So, the problem is with my new Samsung TV component input plugs, rigth? I cannot find any software setting for this video component setting with this Samsang TV.

I take it that this is an older DVD player with no HDMI? With the DVD player hooked up to something else try changing the output resolution, i.e. if it's 480i change it to 480p, etc..... Worth a shot.....

And look for a deal on a new Bluray player in the meantime as 007 suggested smile.gif
post #1174 of 2191 Old 01-11-2014, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yes, on your friends tv, check the resolution. It may be set to 480p, while the Samsung only supports 720p and higher on component input.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #1175 of 2191 Old 01-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by commish_ffl View Post

Just turning on my 6350 from Costco. I have a WorldBook NAS with an internal DLNA server on it. The TV finds the DLNA server without issue and seems to playback all formats fine. I noticed others have mentioned issues with audio syncing, but I haven't sat down to watch a movie yet, so I don't know.... One issue I am having is that I am unable to issue any Pause/Rewind/Fast Forward commands for any of my file types... .avi, .mkv, .mp4, etc.. I can only play and stop. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I use DLNA to play files from my computer running Serviio and similarly I am not able to rewind or fast forward from any of the video containers I have tried (. TS, .mp4, .mpg, .wmv, .avi). Same issue with .m4a audio files, though I can pause most of the files I have tried. I was able to rewind and fast forward a few music .mp3 files I tried.
post #1176 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeffreyxnothing View Post

Can someone link me to the page for the best calibration settings for this TV? I'm getting the 65'

Did u return the sharp?
post #1177 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 06:13 AM

HI all I am thinking of getting this TV can anyone tell me any known problems with this TV in particular with the boards I had a 2010 model Samsung and it looked great I woke up New Years Day and half the picture had gone dark.idid a quick google search and apparently it was a big problem I told myself that I wasn't going to buy another Samsung so I bought a sharp and I'm just not that happy
post #1178 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjdmc720 View Post

HI all I am thinking of getting this TV can anyone tell me any known problems with this TV in particular with the boards I had a 2010 model Samsung and it looked great I woke up New Years Day and half the picture had gone dark.idid a quick google search and apparently it was a big problem I told myself that I wasn't going to buy another Samsung so I bought a sharp and I'm just not that happy

Can't blame you, it would require a ton of reading on this forum to get all the information....

In a nutshell, clouding can be an issue, viewing angle is a problem for some, some complain the screen is too glossy for the room they have it in. I personally have only experienced weak wifi on one of my three 6300's and the clouding is minor on all of mine, and viewed in the real world, with ambient light and the world happening around it, I don't notice it unless the screen is uniformly one solid color. ie black.
post #1179 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

Can't blame you, it would require a ton of reading on this forum to get all the information....

In a nutshell, clouding can be an issue, viewing angle is a problem for some, some complain the screen is too glossy for the room they have it in. I personally have only experienced weak wifi on one of my three 6300's and the clouding is minor on all of mine, and viewed in the real world, with ambient light and the world happening around it, I don't notice it unless the screen is uniformly one solid color. ie black.

thank you for the information. how is graininess? I basically just use my DirecTV genie or stream Netflix and on my sharp I was watching Breaking Bad last night and started noticing some ghosting.and I just cannot seem to get the colors correct.
post #1180 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:

thank you for the information. how is graininess? I basically just use my DirecTV genie or stream Netflix and on my sharp I was watching Breaking Bad last night and started noticing some ghosting.and I just cannot seem to get the colors correct.

I have two house with a combination of es6100, F6300 and F6030 televisions. All three have a very similar picture with the 6030 having a slightly better picture than the rest. I do mean slightly. At one home, I'm using Fioptics Cable and the picture is quite good. Netflix and Amazon streaming are absolutely amazing on these sets, better than cable. Time Warner is in the other home and the cable picture quality is still above average, despite my loathing of TWC. All TVs have weaknesses, but the 6300 when you take the time to adjust the settings properly, will yield a pretty stunning picture for an edge lit.
post #1181 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:

I have two house with a combination of es6100, F6300 and F6030 televisions. All three have a very similar picture with the 6030 having a slightly better picture than the rest. I do mean slightly. At one home, I'm using Fioptics Cable and the picture is quite good. Netflix and Amazon streaming are absolutely amazing on these sets, better than cable. Time Warner is in the other home and the cable picture quality is still above average, despite my loathing of TWC. All TVs have weaknesses, but the 6300 when you take the time to adjust the settings properly, will yield a pretty stunning picture for an edge lit.

thank you for taking the time to give me this information and the fast responses much appreciated.I think I am leaning towards returning my short and getting this TV can you post your calibration settings or give me a link to some.
post #1182 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:

thank you for taking the time to give me this information and the fast responses much appreciated.I think I am leaning towards returning my short and getting this TV can you post your calibration settings or give me a link to some.

I'm at the office right now, so I don't have access to my actual settings. There are plenty of them posted in the thread we are in, and those are the ones I used as a baseline. Just browse through a few pages and you will find them.
post #1183 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM

OK thank you
post #1184 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

I use DLNA to play files from my computer running Serviio and similarly I am not able to rewind or fast forward from any of the video containers I have tried (. TS, .mp4, .mpg, .wmv, .avi). Same issue with .m4a audio files, though I can pause most of the files I have tried. I was able to rewind and fast forward a few music .mp3 files I tried.

I have the same setup. For all file types I have successfully used the remote's the "Enter" button to access Play/Pause and to turn off subtitles in the settings menu. I have also used the "info" button to access rewind (remote's left arrow key) and fast forward (the remote's right arrow key).

post #1185 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 09:00 AM

I am using Serviio 1.4 and ffw/rew works. FYI you can also control the seekbar directly. Press Info and select the magnifying glass icon.
post #1186 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaganoush View Post

I am using Serviio 1.4 and ffw/rew works. FYI you can also control the seekbar directly. Press Info and select the magnifying glass icon.

I didn't know about the seekbar. Thanks for the tip!

FWIW on my remote the magnifying glass icon is accessed through the remote's "Enter" button.

post #1187 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post

I'm not able to fast forward or rewind via serviio or plex either but all my formats play via dlna (over wireless) with no issues.

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
post #1188 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 AM

I am looking for a service manual for the UN40F6300 set.  I was able to get into the service menu, but the calibration options don't seem to stick when I exit the menu.  Does anyone have a lead on that piece of information?  I know that this panel is very calibrateable...  I was able to dial in the color balance well, but the gamma was off considerably.  I need to know the correct places to set color balance for each of the "tone" settings.

Thanks for the help,

nbonini

post #1189 of 2191 Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaganoush View Post

I think the last Serviio I tried was 1.3 I will try 1.4.

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
post #1190 of 2191 Old 01-14-2014, 12:26 AM

Got a UN55F6350 for Christmas the TV was purchased from Costco.
The box says version WH04
The menu says 55A1AF3S

Did we ever confirm if Samsung has somehow made it so the menu always shows the letter A making people think they have a Samsung panel when they might have something else. If the menu is correct I assume I have a Samsung panel.

I didn't even know about this whole Samsung lottery I was just looking up calibration settings because I wasn't happy with my picture quality and came across this whole lottery thing.

If I could find the CEO for Samsung I would fill up three water bottles one with Sparkletts one with tap water and one with toilet water. Then I would slap a Samsung label on the water bottles and ask he CEO to make a choice.
post #1191 of 2191 Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkpie View Post

Had a 55 6300 briefly with a Samsung panel. Clouding was very mild, could not notice it with content. Blacks were good, no flashlighting. BUT, DSE was bad with hockey, with two distinct brighter areas the main gripe. Viewing angles also were some of the worst I have seen. The picture would start to wash out at one end of the screen if you were on either end of the couch. People seem to obsess over panel type, but it appears getting a Samsung panel doesn’t provide much assurances of a good picture.

Your right, I had two in the service manual that both showed it was samsung panel but my 2nd is much better.

Both service menus were reported as samsung but the box codes were different. My first set also washed out more quickly, and had night and day worse clouding to this one. I also have not noticed any DSE and i watch hockey every evening on my set, so im lucky.

Someone on the previous page even said they have had 3 different UH02 code sets and the 3rd was much better then the other two. You are not guaranteed anything by getting a samsung panel, even then you have to weed out the bad ones. But im happy my 2nd unit is a samsung with very few issues.

I assume on less expensive models less quality assurance goes into these.
post #1192 of 2191 Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbleu View Post

Got a UN55F6350 for Christmas the TV was purchased from Costco.
The box says version WH04
The menu says 55A1AF3S

Did we ever confirm if Samsung has somehow made it so the menu always shows the letter A making people think they have a Samsung panel when they might have something else. If the menu is correct I assume I have a Samsung panel.

I didn't even know about this whole Samsung lottery I was just looking up calibration settings because I wasn't happy with my picture quality and came across this whole lottery thing.

If I could find the CEO for Samsung I would fill up three water bottles one with Sparkletts one with tap water and one with toilet water. Then I would slap a Samsung label on the water bottles and ask he CEO to make a choice.

Yes it is a new generation Samsung Panel, I like you analogy :-) Samsung should stop playing games with their panels

post #1193 of 2191 Old 01-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Well....I gave the 65"  6350 about 6 weeks to "clear up it's act", to no avail. Interrmittent clouding and edge bleed lighting from the left side were just more than I could bear.

returned it to Costco and expected to exchange it for same model BUT...when I started talking to various "gear heads" around the TV's, they sold me on upgrading to the 7050 series.

This panel states version code TH02...and that's supposed to be a Samsung S-PVA,  but I gotta tell you, I see  little to NO difference in the previous 6350 AU Optronics  panel I had before.

Soooo, if you're fairly satisfied with your display and don't sit in a dungeon, don't really sweat the small stuff.

Clouding and edge bleeding were just more than I wanted to endure.

This 7 series panel is better in those regards, but has had some quirks of it's own.

Considering the refresh rate at 240Hz, I was surprised I did not see better motion handling, but there are other settings that I need to look into before make any judgments.

I must now sign off from this thread and move onward but I wish you all the best in your analyses.

BTW....anyone know of how to access the service menu on 7 series ????

Different remote control w/o numbers???

Thanks all !!!

Michael

post #1194 of 2191 Old 01-14-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Goddamn. Why is the UN32F6300 still worth $600? I can get a 2014 40" Vizio for $450. Is there a 2014 model of this coming? Anyone know how much input lag it has?
post #1195 of 2191 Old 01-15-2014, 12:03 PM

I have a Samsung UN60F6300 from Costco few months ago. Sorry, I meant F6300, not F5300.

I have this Smart TV connected to the internet via slow WiFi to AT&T. I want to download PLEX app.

I only found around 20 default apps, and found around 30 app when I click Samsung App store button.
How do I get all the other available app titles available online for this Smart TV? In particular, I am interested to download PLEX app for this TV.

Thank you.
post #1196 of 2191 Old 01-15-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:

I have a Samsung UN60F5300 from Costco few months ago.

I have this Smart TV connected to the internet via slow WiFi to AT&T. I want to download PLEX app.

I only found around 20 default apps, and found around 30 app when I click Samsung App store button.
How do I get all the other available app titles available online for this Smart TV? In particular, I am interested to download PLEX app for this TV.

Thank you.

You might try the F5300 thread, they probably know more about the available apps for that model.
post #1197 of 2191 Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM

Sorry, I meant UN60F6300, not 5300.
post #1198 of 2191 Old 01-15-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:

I have a Samsung UN60F6300 from Costco few months ago. Sorry, I meant F6300, not F5300.

Thank you.

Just search for Plex and it will show up I wasn't able to see it till someone in a previous post said you have to type it in the search and I was able to install it.

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
post #1199 of 2191 Old 01-15-2014, 03:37 PM

milkk, thanks. I only see 18 app. Also when I click "Samsung Store", there are also only 20 app shown. I do not see any button to search app?

I think when I frist get this TV, there were more app shown, but now seems to disappeared.

Also, I am not able to turn on the Samsung Smart Hub (its just show "function not available"?
post #1200 of 2191 Old 01-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
So, I just picked up the 65" version of this TV and discovered something weird that you guys may or may not already know about. (Didn't read the entire thread, sorry.)

I was testing input lag on this TV with the Leo Bodnar device and I was consistently getting 55ms with Game or PC mode enabled. I found it odd that I was getting that score when DisplayLag.com reports the F6300 series as getting 42~46ms on average.

I then saw my firmware was version 1113, so I pulled 1117 down from the Samsung website and updated via USB.

Checked my input lag again and it was 46-47ms on Gamemode and 42ms on PC mode (source set to name "PC") with firmware 1117.

So, any gamers may want to make sure they're running the latest firmware.

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page