Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 2246 Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Just bought the 60" version of this set, being delivered in a week. This thread is so long, just cant read it all. Anything I REALLY need to know about this set, like any major problems that a lot of people are having? How do I know what version firmware is in it? I have never upgraded firmware in anything I have owned, dont know how to. Sorry to ask such a general question as "anything important that i should know", but if there is, tell me please!!! LOL

Bought a Sammy soundbar for it too, not the cheaper one, the better one. I do have wifi setup in the house, just had it done last week. No wifi devices, this will be my first one believe or not!! I want to use Netflix and YouTube for sure, and look into apps. Apps will be new to me, dont even have a phone with apps, I have been a dinosaur!!!

When you enter the Menus, under Software Update, it will list the current firmware version to the right of the Menus. 1120 and 1121 are problematic with Netflix and or ARC. All else is fine.
yankeeman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post

Hi to everyone. I found this thread using Google. I have a problem with the new Netflix app 4.005. When i try to open Netflix, it shows black screen for one second and then returns to TV source (or whatever source was selected). Is this the same issue you have been discussing here?

I found that Netflix has posted a notice about this issue > https://help.netflix.com/article/en/node/11982

Has anyone contacted them about this? What did they reply?

I'm not from US, so there is no point for me contacting them. They have told many people from Europe that this is their new region checking and not a problem with the app. I highly doubt this because it seems that you are having the same problem on US TV's and the same app works great on my Samsung bd-f6500 blyray player.

If you ever find out how to get it working again please post the solution.  It has been so long since I had Netflix working on my TV I can't remember when it was.  Well over a month ago.

Gunnlar likes this.
post #1893 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblancrt View Post

If you ever find out how to get it working again please post the solution.  It has been so long since I had Netflix working on my TV I can't remember when it was.  Well over a month ago.

There is a workaround if you are ok with using the old v3 app.

Change your Smart Hub to a country where there is no Netflix app available. It is important to open Smart Hub and wait until it deletes US apps and installs local apps. This is the only way to delete the v4 app (Resetting Smart Hub does not actually delete the apps).

Then change your Smart Hub to UK and it will download the older v3 Netflix app that works.

Now set Auto update apps to off, otherwise it will download the v4 again as soon as you switch back to US Smart Hub.

Then switch back to US. Your Netflix app (v3) should work now. Don't update it!

If you don't know how to change Smart Hub region then check this guide > http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/06/21/how-to-changing-your-samsung-f-series-tvblu-ray-country-app-store/

Just out of curiosity, what TV model do you have and what firmware version?

Samsung UE65F9000ST + SEK-2500U/ZG (European firmware v1141.6)
post #1894 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:

There is a workaround if you are ok with using the old v3 app.

Change your Smart Hub to a country where there is no Netflix app available. It is important to open Smart Hub and wait until it deletes US apps and installs local apps. This is the only way to delete the v4 app (Resetting Smart Hub does not actually delete the apps).

Then change your Smart Hub to UK and it will download the older v3 Netflix app that works.

Now set Auto update apps to off, otherwise it will download the v4 again as soon as you switch back to US Smart Hub.

Then switch back to US. Your Netflix app (v3) should work now. Don't update it!

If you don't know how to change Smart Hub region then check this guide > http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/06/21/how-to-changing-your-samsung-f-series-tvblu-ray-country-app-store/

Just out of curiosity, what TV model do you have and what firmware version?

Hello,

Thanks for the information.  I have tried a similar solution before but I didn't know to switch to a country where there is no Netflix app available.  That is probably the step that would have helped me.  I have switched to the UK and back to US again, and several other countries, but I always had the Netflix app available.

I finally called Samsung within the last hour, let them snoop around in my TV, and reset the SmartHub.  It's finally working.  So if you are still having this problem, even though it's annoying to stay on hold and be passed around from one department to another, just call them.

post #1895 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Hello,
Thanks for the information.  I have tried a similar solution before but I didn't know to switch to a country where there is no Netflix app available.  That is probably the step that would have helped me.  I have switched to the UK and back to US again, and several other countries, but I always had the Netflix app available.

I finally called Samsung within the last hour, let them snoop around in my TV, and reset the SmartHub.  It's finally working.  So if you are still having this problem, even though it's annoying to stay on hold and be passed around from one department to another, just call them.

Glad to hear it's working again. I'm still curious when the next Firmware arrives if it will actually fix anything this time.
post #1896 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Was wondering if you ever got netflix working again.  I was told by Netflix that they had a ticket with Samsung about this problem a week and a half ago.

It's now  been three weeks since I've been able to use Netflix on my TV.  It stopped working when I updated to version 1120 and doesn't work with version 1121 either.

I finally gave up and called Samsung.  I hate being on hold and going through pointless steps that you know will not solve your problem.  But if your Netflix app still won't open just call them and give them remote access.  I saw all kinds of service menus and they reset my SmartHub remotely.  After that it works.  So just put up with waiting on hold and let them snoop around in your TV.

post #1897 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

Glad to hear it's working again. I'm still curious when the next Firmware arrives if it will actually fix anything this time.

Don't know but I'm afraid to accept their updates.  This is why on my phone I always backup my apps before downloading an update.  I don't know of a way to do that on my TV though.

post #1898 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:

Don't know but I'm afraid to accept their updates.  This is why on my phone I always backup my apps before downloading an update.  I don't know of a way to do that on my TV though.

By the way I now have the same problem as stated here before, that is, when I exit Netflix the source changes to TV.  Oh well, I can just change it back.  Better than no Netflix for over a month.

post #1899 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:

By the way I now have the same problem as stated here before, that is, when I exit Netflix the source changes to TV.  Oh well, I can just change it back.  Better than no Netflix for over a month.

And that issue still remains on mine. I'm away from home every other month (airlines) so it's not bothering me at the moment.
post #1900 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

When you enter the Menus, under Software Update, it will list the current firmware version to the right of the Menus. 1120 and 1121 are problematic with Netflix and or ARC. All else is fine.

Thanks. I fit is one of them, how do i get new firmware? Sorry, never had a tv like this before.

never take life seriously
post #1901 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 07:27 PM

This may have been posted somewhere else, not sure. Our 75F6300 tv just sent us a text message on the screen while we were watching the news that Samsung will no longer support or provide paid applications through the app service as of March 26th i believe was the date. Freaked us out for a second, but it won't affect us because we will never use or purchase a paid app. Anyone else get the same message?
post #1902 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

This may have been posted somewhere else, not sure. Our 75F6300 tv just sent us a text message on the screen while we were watching the news that Samsung will no longer support or provide paid applications through the app service as of March 26th i believe was the date. Freaked us out for a second, but it won't affect us because we will never use or purchase a paid app. Anyone else get the same message?

Saw it on their website, but paid no attention to it.
post #1903 of 2246 Old 03-13-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

Thanks. I fit is one of them, how do i get new firmware? Sorry, never had a tv like this before.

Assuming your TV is connected to the Internet, Menu/Support/Software Update/Online
yankeeman likes this.
post #1904 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:

I finally gave up and called Samsung.  I hate being on hold and going through pointless steps that you know will not solve your problem.  But if your Netflix app still won't open just call them and give them remote access.  I saw all kinds of service menus and they reset my SmartHub remotely.  After that it works.  So just put up with waiting on hold and let them snoop around in your TV.

Unfortunately i can't do that, i'm not in US. As far as i know, there is no remote support in Europe.

So the new v4.005 app works for you after they reset the Smart Hub remotely? Thats interesting... I have reset my Smart Hub countless times and it does not fix the problem. I will check the service menu if there is a way to reset it from there.

Just to confirm that we have the same issue. If you opened Netflix app, it displayed a black screen for a second and then returned to previous source?

post #1905 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM

Liked: 10

Just Bought the 6350 and LOVE IT. I have a newbie question. When using the Samsung remote, when I first got the tv upon turning the tv on it went right to the station. Now it goes to the menu screen. What can I do to make it go right to the station again?

post #1906 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately i can't do that, i'm not in US. As far as i know, there is no remote support in Europe.

So the new v4.005 app works for you after they reset the Smart Hub remotely? Thats interesting... I have reset my Smart Hub countless times and it does not fix the problem. I will check the service menu if there is a way to reset it from there.

Just to confirm that we have the same issue. If you opened Netflix app, it displayed a black screen for a second and then returned to previous source?

Hello,

My symptoms were a little different.  When I tried to open the Netflix app it would just show a blank or black screen.  However it would stay that way until I pressed the smarthub button, or perhaps some other buttons.  The return button would not get it off of the blank screen.

My Netflix version is now 4.0051.

I too reset my Smart Hub many times and it had no effect.  However I could see the menus which they were accessing on my screen and they selected to restart or reset Smart Hub.  Afterwards it worked.  So I suspect that they did a more thorough reset than is available in the normal menus.  However, since I don't have access to the service menus I can't say for sure what was different.

Now I am curious and want to find a way to the menus which I saw.  I'm sure I will search around and find it cause....I'm always curious about my tech.

I think that if you could reset it from the same menu which they used it would probably work.

post #1907 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Hello,

My symptoms were a little different.  When I tried to open the Netflix app it would just show a blank or black screen.  However it would stay that way until I pressed the smarthub button, or perhaps some other buttons.  The return button would not get it off of the blank screen.

My Netflix version is now 4.0051.

I too reset my Smart Hub many times and it had no effect.  However I could see the menus which they were accessing on my screen and they selected to restart or reset Smart Hub.  Afterwards it worked.  So I suspect that they did a more thorough reset than is available in the normal menus.  However, since I don't have access to the service menus I can't say for sure what was different.

Now I am curious and want to find a way to the menus which I saw.  I'm sure I will search around and find it cause....I'm always curious about my tech.

I think that if you could reset it from the same menu which they used it would probably work.

Getting into service menu is easy, but i'm not sure i want to post it here... Its dangerous, if you change something by accident, it can brick your TV.

In service menu there are: "Apps reset", "Apps Update" and "SVC Reset". Does any of these sound familiar?

post #1908 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:

Getting into service menu is easy, but i'm not sure i want to post it here... Its dangerous, if you change something by accident, it can brick your TV.

In service menu there are: "Apps reset", "Apps Update" and "SVC Reset". Does any of these sound familiar?

I couldn't read everything because it wasn't on the screen very long.  At one point there was a very long drop down menu.  I believe that they selected Reset Smart Hub from there.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Also, I do have a different model TV.  I posted this question originally here because someone else, who seems to have given up on Netflix now, had the same problem as I did.

post #1909 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:

I couldn't read everything because it wasn't on the screen very long.  At one point there was a very long drop down menu.  I believe that they selected Reset Smart Hub from there.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Also, I do have a different model TV.  I posted this question originally here because someone else, who seems to have given up on Netflix now, had the same problem as I did.

Perhaps I shouldn't say it was the service menus.  But that's what it looked like to me.

post #1910 of 2246 Old 03-14-2014, 09:13 PM

From chat with Samsung - Bruce: Samsung Paid Applications will no longer be available via Samsung Apps; however, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, RedBox, Vudu, HBOGo, etc, are the free apps available from Samsung and they remain on your TV.
post #1911 of 2246 Old 03-15-2014, 05:40 AM

Hi, I have completely same problem. Did you solved it somehow? Netflix starts for a sec and then it returns to the TV source.

post #1912 of 2246 Old 03-15-2014, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttsample View Post

From chat with Samsung - Bruce: Samsung Paid Applications will no longer be available via Samsung Apps; however, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, RedBox, Vudu, HBOGo, etc, are the free apps available from Samsung and they remain on your TV.

Does that include YouTube too?

never take life seriously
post #1913 of 2246 Old 03-15-2014, 08:58 AM

Netflix questions:

When I opened Netflix this AM, I have the menu and the 'guide' for categories of what I might want to watch.  But ever box in the listing is gray and if I click on it, nothing happens.  It is like netflix itself is not loaded, just the interface?  It did show I was/am connected to the internet when I first logged in, so that should not be the issue.  Anyone having this issue?  Any thoughts?

I can open Netflix, and the new (to me) interface with an add for a show is at the top and then below is a list to see what is on.. recently watched, top picks, etc.  

Is there a way to not have the add show load, or click something like 'no thank you' so I can have more of the screen to see the guide for what I want to watch?

I have seen the app message run across my screen.  I wish they would run it twice.  It starts so suddenly that I usually do not see the first words so it was disconcerting to wonder if we were losing access to ANY apps for a few days.  I'm glad to read the accurate info here.

Michelle

in Seattle, USA

post #1914 of 2246 Old 03-15-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldogmom View Post

Netflix questions:

When I opened Netflix this AM, I have the menu and the 'guide' for categories of what I might want to watch.  But ever box in the listing is gray and if I click on it, nothing happens.  It is like netflix itself is not loaded, just the interface?  It did show I was/am connected to the internet when I first logged in, so that should not be the issue.  Anyone having this issue?  Any thoughts?

I can open Netflix, and the new (to me) interface with an add for a show is at the top and then below is a list to see what is on.. recently watched, top picks, etc.  

Is there a way to not have the add show load, or click something like 'no thank you' so I can have more of the screen to see the guide for what I want to watch?

I have seen the app message run across my screen.  I wish they would run it twice.  It starts so suddenly that I usually do not see the first words so it was disconcerting to wonder if we were losing access to ANY apps for a few days.  I'm glad to read the accurate info here.

Michelle
in Seattle, USA

I haven't heard of this exact issue, but it seems this TV, Firmware and Netflix just aren't playing well together. I highly recommend resetting the Smart Hub for 2 reasons, 1. it might fix it and 2. I'm going to recommend Remote Service with Samsung (and they're going to have you perform it then anyway) as this have proven to be one of the few methods to resolve Netflix issues....
post #1915 of 2246 Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 AM

Thanks. for the smart hub reset.  I will keep it in mind if it happens again.  I logged out and came back in a bit and they now show up.  So it seems to have been a glitch between Netflix and the tv.  

I did just experience the issue of when you click out of a window, it pops you out of the cable and to the tv/antenna which requires you to re-choose HDMI.  An annoyance and it should not do that, but at least we can get back in.  But it does defuse one's interest in using the apps.

Michelle

post #1916 of 2246 Old 03-16-2014, 08:55 PM

If you look on the Samsung website, the 6300 and 6350 do have a couple differences.

post #1917 of 2246 Old 03-16-2014, 09:08 PM

Question: I just purchased the Samsung 6350 Smart TV. I watched a couple movies (WMV format) through their USB 2 ports. I noticed a bit of "choppiness" in the pan scenes. I was using a USB 2 flash drive but realize not all are the same. I also used a 3' USB extension cable but don't know its rating. After researching USB 2/3 flash drives, I'm in the market for a Sandisk extreme 3 flash drive (overkill with a USB 2 port, but thinking ahead for the future). I will also purchase a USB 3 superspeed 3' extension cable.

I called Samsung and asked them about the problem. Their response was "we don't recommend you view movies through a USB port". Interesting since they label their USB ports for different functions, one of which is for "movies". Am I wasting my money. Is this just something one lives with when watching movies this way?

post #1918 of 2246 Old 03-16-2014, 11:23 PM

Has anyone bought a sound bar for their Samsung 6350? I really like the Sony but I'm not sure if you can control the sound through the Samsung controller or if it will turn on and off at the same time the TV turns on or off. I know the Samsung sound bar is compatible with the above feature, although I like the bass sounds of the Sony better.

post #1919 of 2246 Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcyberdoc View Post

Question: I just purchased the Samsung 6350 Smart TV. I watched a couple movies (WMV format) through their USB 2 ports. I noticed a bit of "choppiness" in the pan scenes. I was using a USB 2 flash drive but realize not all are the same. I also used a 3' USB extension cable but don't know its rating. After researching USB 2/3 flash drives, I'm in the market for a Sandisk extreme 3 flash drive (overkill with a USB 2 port, but thinking ahead for the future). I will also purchase a USB 3 superspeed 3' extension cable.

I called Samsung and asked them about the problem. Their response was "we don't recommend you view movies through a USB port". Interesting since they label their USB ports for different functions, one of which is for "movies". Am I wasting my money. Is this just something one lives with when watching movies this way?

The processor in this tv doesnt seem all that fast. it has trouble playing streaming video at anywhere near the quality of other devices like a game console, bd player or roku. any of those devices should be able to play a movie via a flash drive and do a much better job than this tv.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #1920 of 2246 Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

The processor in this tv doesnt seem all that fast. it has trouble playing streaming video at anywhere near the quality of other devices like a game console, bd player or roku. any of those devices should be able to play a movie via a flash drive and do a much better job than this tv.

Hasn't been my experience. Streaming looks fabulous on all of my 6 series.
bwaldron likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page