Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

Old 03-30-2014, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Could my onkyo 5.1 be the cause of these lines on the screen? I don't see the lines on the test picture or on the menu screens. Samsung is sending a tech or Thursday hope it's an easy fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 05:26 PM

Liked: 11
Alright so in the grand scheme of things for the price I got my 46 inch for I can't complain...but I have to ask if anyone whose compared the picture quality of the built in apps to say, a PS4 let alone my Chromecast see the drastic difference in PQ?

I've already calibrated the picture quality to a near T...but the built in apps look washed out. But games, blu ray and apps outside of anything but Samsungs smart hub look like I have the brightness or contrast up too high.

Anyone have a fix? It's like their apps ignore whatever settings I input. Two movies don't look alike :/

I know some will say it's just netflix/mvo you can't complain about PQ compared to blu ray but the quality difference is really that drastic....
Old 03-31-2014, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I am enjoying 52 inch except for one thing. Netflix will freeze up after three hours of viewing, why is that? Gets kind of frustrating having to logout, and refresh the connection just to finish watching a movie or show. Some days Netflix will quit after only and hour viewing. I have updated to the latest firmware and still having the same problem.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Honestly, it sounds more like your isp or your router than a tv or netflix problem. I have 30+ Mbps connection and never have problems.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:03 PM

Just bought the 40 inch version.  I am trying to connect the tv to a Bose Series III surround system using the optical audio cord (using the TV as the source).  I am unable to get sound to work (I have turned off the internal speakers, ect.)

Has anyone set this up before?

Thanks.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 PM

Try using hdmi 2 it has the audio return channel.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:50 PM

Hello all. I just purchased the same tv: un60f6350afxza at Sam's. It was a return and I got it for 1/2 price of a new one. I could tell it had been hung on a wall before it was returned. The problem it has is a flash-lighting effect in the bottom right quarter of the screen. It looks like the back lighting has come loose and piled up in the bottom right of the screen lol. Maybe that was why it was returned. Anyway there is no warranty on these returns. Otherwise it has a beautiful picture an the light spots only show in transitions between commercials. Has anyone else experienced  this? Sorry if I hijacked this.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Just purchased the Samsung UN60F6350AF from Costco and trying to determine the best picture setting. Any suggestions from other users would be appreciated.

With the HDMI connection, should you use the HDMI1, 2, 3, or 4 connector?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:03 PM

Technically you can use whichever HDMI port you want.  The STB is for your "Set Top Box" from your cable company.  The TV picks up my TIVO but has limited functional control over it in my setup.  HDMI 2 I believe has your ARC or "Audio Return Channel" which basically is a new way to eliminate a separate optical audio feed useful for some newer equipment.  HDMI 3 and 4 don't have these special features, just standard HDMI inputs.  Again, any can be used if you just want a plain HDMI connection.

I haven't tried many of the settings in this forum.  I suggest simply starting at page 1 and quickly paging through till you see settings posted.  Bookmark those pages then go through them to see which works best for you.  I will soon be trying a few settings provided here on earlier pages.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Where is the firmware download???
Can some please post a link to 6300 firmware update. I went to support and I see manuals etc but no firmware. I went on chat with Samsung and they don't know why a firmware is not there. Mine is 1116.
They also said the 1116 is the last firmware.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztaf View Post

Just bought the 40 inch version.  I am trying to connect the tv to a Bose Series III surround system using the optical audio cord (using the TV as the source).  I am unable to get sound to work (I have turned off the internal speakers, ect.)

Has anyone set this up before?
Thanks.

If you use the optical it will play audio only on AUX. Its in the manual, and you will have to into settings to make a change. Its in the manual section dealing with the optical connector.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztaf View Post

Hi aztaf, double check the optical cable doesn't have any small protective plastic caps at the end.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Can someone explain HDMI-CEC to me? Here's why I ask. I have two F6300 series TVs. The main TV is a 60" while the seconds is a 32" in the kitchen. The kitchen is above the family room where the larger TV is located and we almost never watch both TVs at the same time. I therefore, bought a HDMI splitter and drive both TVs from a single cable box. The IR blasters from both TVs sit in front of the single cable box. This arrangement has worked out well so far - until yesterday. I wanted to watch a Blu-Ray movie. The Sony Blu-Ray player is connected HDMI 2 on the main TV. (Nothing is connected to HDMI 2 on the Kitchen TV. The cable box is connected to HDMI 1 on both TVs via the splitter.)

When I turned on the Blu-Ray player, the TV automatically switched to HDMI 2 and displayed the Blu-Ray output. So far so good. However, I later found out the kitchen TV also turned on and set itself HDMI 2. Of course, nothing is connected to its HDMI 2, so it sat there telling whoever might be in the kitchen there was no input. I proceeded to watch the movie on the big TV. After 15 minutes, the Blu-Ray player turned off by itself. I thought it might be a fluke and turned it back on and resumed watching the movie. 15 minutes later, the same thing happened. This repeated every 15 minutes. I didn't go up to kitchen, but I assume the small TV was tired of sitting there with no input and turned itself off. I assume that caused CEC commands to be sent telling the Blu-Ray player to shut down. I know I can turn off auto shutdown and probably turn off CEC altogether, but I don't understand how the "I'm turning off" message gets to the Blu-Ray player that is only connected to the *other* TV. What am I missing? It would have to come from the 32" TV to the splitter and then be fed back to the 60" TVs HDMI 1 and then resent from the 60" TVs HDMI 2 to the Blu-Ray player. By the way, the 60" stays on when this happens. Sometimes it switches to HDMI 1 while other times it stays on HDMI 2 and complains that the signal went away.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hello. In my country going from a UNF6300 75 HDTV to a UNF6400 75 HDTV cost you $1000 more. Other than the 3D feature which I don't care, I see basically the differences are that the 6300's CMR is 240 and the 6400's CMR is 480 and that the 6400 also has a feature called microdimming.
Is the CMR difference (240 vs 480) noticeable and useful enough to spend the extra $1000 along with the microdimming option. When watching fast paced action movies or playing video games would there be a difference? Which HDTV creates more "Soap Opera Effect"? Any more guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by obonillaf View Post

Hello. In my country going from a UNF6300 75 HDTV to a UNF6400 75 HDTV cost you $1000 more. Other than the 3D feature which I don't care, I see basically the differences are that the 6300's CMR is 240 and the 6400's CMR is 480 and that the 6400 also has a feature called microdimming.
Is the CMR difference (240 vs 480) noticeable and useful enough to spend the extra $1000 along with the microdimming option. When watching fast paced action movies or playing video games would there be a difference? Which HDTV creates more "Soap Opera Effect"? Any more guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

No. Probably not.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:08 PM

Looking for recommended Samsung UN60F6350AF settings.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goadman View Post

Hello all. I just purchased the same tv: un60f6350afxza at Sam's. It was a return and I got it for 1/2 price of a new one. I could tell it had been hung on a wall before it was returned. The problem it has is a flash-lighting effect in the bottom right quarter of the screen. It looks like the back lighting has come loose and piled up in the bottom right of the screen lol. Maybe that was why it was returned. Anyway there is no warranty on these returns. Otherwise it has a beautiful picture an the light spots only show in transitions between commercials. Has anyone else experienced  this? Sorry if I hijacked this.

I have the 75" version. When I first mounted it to the wall above my fireplace, it had some flashlighting in the lower left corner. It wasn't noticeable at all during program viewing, so I ignored it. A few days later I went to mount my center channel above the tv, but there wasn't enough room, so I had to take the tv back down so I could lower the wall mount. We placed the tv face down on the bed in my bedroom while I was working on the mount.

When we put the panel back up on the wall, I was shocked to see that the flashlighting was gone. Could the removal and reinstallation of the panel or placement on the bed have had an effect? I honestly don't know. It could have been just a coincidence.

If you can't return the panel for a trade in or refund, you might try the "rubbing method" mentioned earlier in this thread ~ YMMV. I was planning on trying it myself when my home theater installation was complete, but I don't need to anymore. Even if it didn't work for me, like I said, during normal viewing I didn't notice it at all, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
...good luck with it.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budley007 View Post

I have the 75" version. When I first mounted it to the wall above my fireplace, it had some flashlighting in the lower left corner. It wasn't noticeable at all during program viewing, so I ignored it. A few days later I went to mount my center channel above the tv, but there wasn't enough room, so I had to take the tv back down so I could lower the wall mount. We placed the tv face down on the bed in my bedroom while I was working on the mount.

When we put the panel back up on the wall, I was shocked to see that the flashlighting was gone. Could the removal and reinstallation of the panel or placement on the bed have had an effect? I honestly don't know. It could have been just a coincidence.

If you can't return the panel for a trade in or refund, you might try the "rubbing method" mentioned earlier in this thread ~ YMMV. I was planning on trying it myself when my home theater installation was complete, but I don't need to anymore. Even if it didn't work for me, like I said, during normal viewing I didn't notice it at all, so it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
...good luck with it.
I had a similar experience with the 65". There was a large 'splotch' in the middle of the screen that was highlighted/brighter than the rest. It was barely noticeable when the screen was active, and painfully noticeable when the screen was black (but not off, obviously). Using a lint free cloth, I GENTLY gave the screen a wipe and it disappeared. It seemed like the front of the screen was touching whatever the immediate next layer is on the panel, and giving it a little nudge is all it took.

.sal
Old 04-04-2014, 07:22 PM

Loving my un55f6300, but how can I get thumbnail images to show when using dlna?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello everyone.I have had my eye on this set for awhile and thinking of picking it up.I have read the Cnet review and they say the set Produces relatively light black levels.Is this the case?And does the backlight turn completely off when the screen goes black like the old sammy sets?My Sammy UN46B6000 did this.Very annoying,Thanks.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid33nyc1 View Post

Hello everyone.I have had my eye on this set for awhile and thinking of picking it up.I have read the Cnet review and they say the set Produces relatively light black levels.Is this the case?And does the backlight turn completely off when the screen goes black like the old sammy sets?My Sammy UN46B6000 did this.Very annoying,Thanks.

Yes, the black levels are pretty light. I'm struggling with them. Yes, the backlight does turn completely off (on some models) but this can be defeated by going to Movie mode.

This tv is weird though. Black levels are kinda light, but when I calibrated it, Blu Rays looked REALLY good. Not quite the pop of a good Sony or a plasma, but better than my previous Sammy. However with other sources, the picture is worse than my old Sammy (a 2008 A530). Streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOgo look awful. HD cable looks slightly better. All of them pale in comparison to Blu Ray. My old Sammy didn't have that problem. Blu Ray looked pretty good, but the other sources, while worse than BD, were still pretty nice looking. Not so with my 6300. It's frustrating.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Old 04-05-2014, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post

Yes, the black levels are pretty light. I'm struggling with them. Yes, the backlight does turn completely off (on some models) but this can be defeated by going to Movie mode.

This tv is weird though. Black levels are kinda light, but when I calibrated it, Blu Rays looked REALLY good. Not quite the pop of a good Sony or a plasma, but better than my previous Sammy. However with other sources, the picture is worse than my old Sammy (a 2008 A530). Streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOgo look awful. HD cable looks slightly better. All of them pale in comparison to Blu Ray. My old Sammy didn't have that problem. Blu Ray looked pretty good, but the other sources, while worse than BD, were still pretty nice looking. Not so with my 6300. It's frustrating.

All of my Streaming Apps looks incredible, in fact, as good as Blu Ray in some instances.. My experience hasn't been the same....
Old 04-06-2014, 12:51 AM

I went and picked up the set at samsclub because of the 90 day return policy.I am really waiting for the new vizio M series to drop.I figured to give the Sammy a try in the meantime.Went and fired up the CNET settings at it looks pretty good.The black levels can be a bit light.Very minor clouding not to noticeable and streaming hulu plus and netlix in hd look great.I have a 30mb line so not problem there.Will continue to play around with it,nice so far

Old 04-06-2014, 02:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Playig with the tv tonight, i really got that deep black level by turning the HDMI black level to low, but now it seems to be crushing blacks, so i still need to play with it.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Old 04-06-2014, 11:09 AM

Hi everyone, been a long time since I've posted on the forums but I just picked up the 75f6300 from Costco and had a few questions. First, right out of the box, the pq seems pretty good. Haven't made any real changes to settings. Just put it on movie mode and turned down the backlight to 4. Panel is a UH02. Is this panel a samsung panel? I will be connecting a dtv stb, ps4, and Mac mini all via hdmi ports.

1. What's the best way to check for clouding and flashlighting? So far I haven't noticed any clouding or flashlighting but have only viewed during daytime hours with minimal natural light and ambient light.

2. I plan on using my ps4 as my main bluray player and for gaming. Is it best to have game mode on for both movies and gaming? Also should I calibrate settings specifically for the ps4? On my previous Sammy, I used the same calibrated settings for my ps3 and my dtv stb.

3. Can anyone recommend some calibrated settings for me until I can obtain a calibration disk? Just as a starting point and I can tweak them as necessary.

4. I'm planning on purchasing a soundbar until I can purchase a full surround system and receiver. From reading through the thread, I'm confused as to whether we can use the optical connection or if it has to be via hdmi. I want the soundbar to work when watching tv, playing ps4 and watching movies, and when using the Mac mini.

Thanks in advance! I've been reading through the thread but there's so many posts, so any assistance would be appreciated. So far loving the tv!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

All of my Streaming Apps looks incredible, in fact, as good as Blu Ray in some instances.. My experience hasn't been the same....
Me, too. My Netflix and Amazon Instant look fabulous - just as good as my directv HD. I've tweaked the Movie settings quite a bit and added bias lighting. Looks amazing, I think. I've never had clouding, flashlighting or any noticeable issues and I have the 50 inch non-Samsung panel ( for what it's worth).
Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is anyone here a ice hockey fan? I'm wondering whether these sets exhibit any DSE (dirty screen effect) and whether they handle the motion well... Any feedback would be much appreciated! biggrin.gif
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 PM

Been playing with the 55F6350 a bit more since i just picked up the sony BDPS3100.I watched some old movies, the Dark knight,TFormers Dark of the moon,Quantum of solace and WOW these movies look great.Very impressed and Still using the CNET settings.I have TWC and the Pic quality can vary.Some channels look great and others look ok.The cable line in my apt is old and needs to be replaced so that could be the cause.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdip View Post

Is anyone here a ice hockey fan? I'm wondering whether these sets exhibit any DSE (dirty screen effect) and whether they handle the motion well... Any feedback would be much appreciated! biggrin.gif

I'm a hockey fan with the the UN65F6350. I have no problems with motion handling (I have "Auto Motion Plus" disabled -- I would see occasional blurring of the puck motion when it was set to Clear), but I do see a small amount of vertical banding ("dirty screen effect") when the picture pans horizontally against an essentially single-color background (e.g. hockey). It's not terrible, and I've adapted so that I notice it less than I did initially. Moving from a 50" plasma this was a little disappointing, but the bigger screen size helps make up for it -- and the PQ of the set is very good overall.
jdip likes this.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post

I'm a hockey fan with the the UN65F6350. I have no problems with motion handling (I have "Auto Motion Plus" disabled -- I would see occasional blurring of the puck motion when it was set to Clear), but I do see a small amount of vertical banding ("dirty screen effect") when the picture pans horizontally against an essentially single-color background (e.g. hockey). It's not terrible, and I've adapted so that I notice it less than I did initially. Moving from a 50" plasma this was a little disappointing, but the bigger screen size helps make up for it -- and the PQ of the set is very good overall.

Thanks for the feedback!

I was worried I would hear about the DSE. I actually have a PN60F5500 plasma which also shows the DSE/banding when panning across the ice like you said. I'm sending it back because it bugged me a lot, along with the overwhelming reflections and glare from it during the day and am getting this LCD TV.. Hopefully the new TV won't have too much DSE.

Do you have clouding and/or flashlighting on your panel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect