Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2101 of 2319 Old 06-02-2014, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Our 75F6300 tv developed a problem whereby after the TV has been on about 20 mins, a single line of green pixels appears from top to the bottom of the screen about 4" in from the right side.

initially we thought it was the hdmi port as it went away when we changed out the cable. Nope, don't matter what cable, the line come back a few mins after picture is on. The line is present on all sources as well as the built in samsung screen test. Got a service call scheduled. they tell me I need a whole new panel, of course they are back ordered. Oh yes, theSamsung call center is in Manilla Phillipines, the folks on the phone are hard to understand, speak very fast. Will post an update when I have something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2319 Old 06-07-2014, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Did you ever get an answer to your power cycling problem?  My 6500 is doing the same thing - 6 months old.

Thanks

post #2103 of 2319 Old 06-07-2014, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please need calibration for ps4 Thanks
post #2104 of 2319 Old 06-09-2014, 12:53 PM

My TV does the same thing. My guess is that the latest update 1200 has something to do with that. I have even reset the TV and no change. Other than that I have no complaints. I will probably call Samsung tech support and see if they have received any complaints about this.
post #2105 of 2319 Old 06-11-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlland View Post

My TV does the same thing. My guess is that the latest update 1200 has something to do with that. I have even reset the TV and no change. Other than that I have no complaints. I will probably call Samsung tech support and see if they have received any complaints about this.

Any word from Samsung? My set is not yet 8 months old and the issue started immediately after update 1200.
post #2106 of 2319 Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hello,
I just spent 30 minutes looking for something I know is already in this thread from many months ago. I don't think the search function is optimized for a "one big thread" situation. So, I will just ask the question...

I have two of these TVs - a 60" and a 32". Both are connected to cable boxes. One powers up to whatever channel the cable box is set to. The other powers up to a page of recommendations with the cable box's channel displayed in a small window. Pressing the enter button on the remote makes that channel go to full screen just like the first TV. Where is the option to set that option. I want set the second TV to act just like the first one. I can't find this earlier in the thread because I don't know what to search for. I just remember that it was asked and answered earlier. That is when I set the first TV to work the way it does now, but I forgot what the option is called and where it is located in the menus.

Thanks.
post #2107 of 2319 Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Smart Features, On TV Settings, Auto Start = Off
ahartfie likes this.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2108 of 2319 Old 06-14-2014, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodzinsky View Post
Smart Features, On TV Settings, Auto Start = Off
Thank you. That did it.
post #2109 of 2319 Old 06-17-2014, 02:44 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I bought my 55f6300 back in October, and remember reading a lot o fissue with surround sound setups.

I'm looking at finally buying some surround sound speakers.....what are the limitations I need to be aware of. Does a surround sound setup work without special trickery?
post #2110 of 2319 Old 06-17-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingoFresh View Post
I bought my 55f6300 back in October, and remember reading a lot o fissue with surround sound setups.

I'm looking at finally buying some surround sound speakers.....what are the limitations I need to be aware of. Does a surround sound setup work without special trickery?
The key to surround sound is the AVR you use. The speakers, while important for the actual sound, aren't what drives the "trickery". You will not get true Dolby / DTS surround without going into an AVR. I have the Marantz NR1604 (1605 just coming out), and absolutely love it. Very easy to set up, calibrate and enjoy, at a very modest cost.

Rick Brodzinsky

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2111 of 2319 Old 06-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

I think the most common issues reported here related to surround sound would be the following:
1) sound sent to HDMI inputs on the TV generally will not pass through in surround
2) use of ARC (Audio Return Channel) can be frustrating with some surround receivers (My old Denon inappropriately changes inputs after booting.)

My recommendations to avoid these issues would be the following :

1. Get an AVR with enough HDMI inputs for all of your external sources ( cable/sat box, Blu-ray, etc.) so you don't need to use the TV's HDMI inputs for anything but your AVR.

2. If possible, get an AVR with at least one optical input to use instead of ARC to get surround from the TV's apps and/or tuner.

Last edited by Vampidemic; 06-17-2014 at 07:01 AM.
post #2112 of 2319 Old 06-19-2014, 04:23 AM

Liked: 0
first time posting here and a stupid question for anyone to answer....does this model tv support 1080 24P ...24P film mode?
post #2113 of 2319 Old 06-19-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade72 View Post
first time posting here and a stupid question for anyone to answer....does this model tv support 1080 24P ...24P film mode?
Yes no problems but you need a blu-ray player with 1080 24P film mode.
post #2114 of 2319 Old 06-19-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampidemic View Post
I think the most common issues reported here related to surround sound would be the following:
1) sound sent to HDMI inputs on the TV generally will not pass through in surround
2) use of ARC (Audio Return Channel) can be frustrating with some surround receivers (My old Denon inappropriately changes inputs after booting.)

My recommendations to avoid these issues would be the following :

1. Get an AVR with enough HDMI inputs for all of your external sources ( cable/sat box, Blu-ray, etc.) so you don't need to use the TV's HDMI inputs for anything but your AVR.

2. If possible, get an AVR with at least one optical input to use instead of ARC to get surround from the TV's apps and/or tuner.
Everything I watch is through the TV itself, either Netflix or DLNA.

So I need an AVR with an optical input? What other ways could I have surround from the TV itself?
post #2115 of 2319 Old 06-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Everything I watch is through the TV itself, either Netflix or DLNA.

So I need an AVR with an optical input? What other ways could I have surround from the TV itself?
I'm not clear if you are inquiring about alternatives to AVRs or alternatives to optical.

ARC (Audio Return Channel) is the alternative to optical. With an ARC capable AVR, you connect a single HDMI cable to the receiver from the TV. That cable serves as input and output (video input from any sources plugged into the AVR and audio output from the TV to the AVR). The problem with ARC is that it requires HDMI-CEC to be enabled. Each manufacturer brands and implements HDMI-CEC a little differently, so there can be interconnectivity issues with no solution other than to buy a different component or turn HDMI-CEC off.

If you are looking for something other than an AVR, there are also Home Theater in a box systems (typically a DVD or Blu-ray player built into a receiver bundled with crappy speakers). There are also a few soundbar systems with surround satellites, but soundbars most often do not have true surround (that doesn't stop the manufacturers from trying to convince you that the sound will surround you, but unless you get discrete 5.1 or 7.1, the effect is not the same).

Last edited by Vampidemic; 06-19-2014 at 09:36 PM.
post #2116 of 2319 Old 06-19-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
ARC (Audio Return Channel). With an ARC capable AVR, you connect a single HDMI cable to the receiver from the TV. That cable serves as input and output (video input from any sources plugged into the AVR and audio output from the TV to the AVR). The problem with ARC is that it requires HDMI-CEC to be enabled. Each manufacturer brands and implements HDMI-CEC a little differently, so there can be interconnectivity issues with no solution other than to buy a different component or turn HDMI-CEC off.
Dang, this is more work than I expected.

So despite having no external video sources, I would still need to buy an AVR.

I was really just hoping I could plug speakers directly into the TV, more or less.
post #2117 of 2319 Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
APP Auto

This may of been asked before.

I am trying to get audio when using my amazon streaming app via the TV.

I am using the Anthem MRX-300 reciever. It does not have ARC (Audio Return Channel)

Right now I am using the TV speakers in order to get sound but want it thru the surround speakers.

Tried using component cables but that didnt seem to work. I am sure its a simple fix.

thanks
post #2118 of 2319 Old 06-20-2014, 10:37 AM

Use an optical digital cable from the TV to the AVR, if the AVR does not support ARC

Rick Brodzinsky

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2119 of 2319 Old 06-21-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
So what is the consensus on firmware 1200, yay or nay? I just checked and see it available but am gun shy since the Netflix screw up. From the updates notes, the fixes look good but I see several mentioning a power cycling problem.

Anyone out ther running 1200 and NOT seeing the power cycling issues(or any others for that matter)?

Thanks.
post #2120 of 2319 Old 06-21-2014, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My tv started doing something funny recently. My wife said it wouldn't turn on yet the red light would just blink. She had to unplug it for a couple minutes then it worked afterwards. If happened to me tonight. Strange thing was that even after bring unplugged, the red light was still on. Until I started unplugging random hdmi cables. After unplugging one of them it finally shut off, could be a timing coincidence of the capacitors discharging or it could be due to the hdmi arc connection to my samsung soundbar.

I have the 46f6300. Fw 1200 I believe.

Sucks this started now. I'm almost at a year of owning it. Glad I bought it on the Amex.
post #2121 of 2319 Old 06-22-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is anybody using this set to stream content locally (i.e. from a Windows Media Center PC?).

I've got a 60F6350 we bought from Costco before Christmas -- have it hooked up to the "house" network (it's wired, not WiFi). We use it all the time for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon video and it works fine. When I play a movie from my PC, it'll run for 30-40 minutes and then just stop.

Anyone else running one of these with a Windows Media Center PC as a content server?
post #2122 of 2319 Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatanka01 View Post
Is anybody using this set to stream content locally (i.e. from a Windows Media Center PC?).

I've got a 60F6350 we bought from Costco before Christmas -- have it hooked up to the "house" network (it's wired, not WiFi). We use it all the time for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon video and it works fine. When I play a movie from my PC, it'll run for 30-40 minutes and then just stop.

Anyone else running one of these with a Windows Media Center PC as a content server?
I don't usually use WMC to serve the files, but I watch files on my TV served locally from a Windows machine running Serviio and have not had that issue. Is the computer still awake once playback stops?
post #2123 of 2319 Old 06-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't usually use WMC to serve the files, but I watch files on my TV served locally from a Windows machine running Serviio and have not had that issue. Is the computer still awake once playback stops?
Yes, the computer's still awake (it's running 24/7). Serviio, you say? Might have to look into that (not opposed to trying something else). Thanks!
post #2124 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 01:25 AM

Quote:
I'm not clear if you are inquiring about alternatives to AVRs or alternatives to optical.

ARC (Audio Return Channel) is the alternative to optical. With an ARC capable AVR, you connect a single HDMI cable to the receiver from the TV. That cable serves as input and output (video input from any sources plugged into the AVR and audio output from the TV to the AVR). The problem with ARC is that it requires HDMI-CEC to be enabled. Each manufacturer brands and implements HDMI-CEC a little differently, so there can be interconnectivity issues with no solution other than to buy a different component or turn HDMI-CEC off.

If you are looking for something other than an AVR, there are also Home Theater in a box systems (typically a DVD or Blu-ray player built into a receiver bundled with crappy speakers). There are also a few soundbar systems with surround satellites, but soundbars most often do not have true surround (that doesn't stop the manufacturers from trying to convince you that the sound will surround you, but unless you get discrete 5.1 or 7.1, the effect is not the same).
I re-read this and realized I was not being clear.

I was not familiar with any of this terminology, but basically would like to avoid having an AVR, i.e. a seperate device that I need to plug speakers in.

It sounds like the easiest issue might be a soundbar that does discrete 5.1 or 7.1, do these exist?

Otherwise, is there any way to have true surround without an avr?

I really don't want to have to deal with the HDMI-CEC problem....
post #2125 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, the computer's still awake (it's running 24/7). Serviio, you say? Might have to look into that (not opposed to trying something else). Thanks!
I think a lot of people use WMC, so not sure why you are having this issue. I think there is a WMC thread where you might want to ask about this.

I like Serviio though, it has remuxing and transcoding features that increase compatibility for playback.
post #2126 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 AM

can someone please explain to me what is the hdmi arc port on the back of the tv....I know it is for audio purposes but is this an input or output from the tv?
post #2127 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I re-read this and realized I was not being clear.

I was not familiar with any of this terminology, but basically would like to avoid having an AVR, i.e. a seperate device that I need to plug speakers in.

It sounds like the easiest issue might be a soundbar that does discrete 5.1 or 7.1, do these exist?

Otherwise, is there any way to have true surround without an avr?

I really don't want to have to deal with the HDMI-CEC problem....
Well, you need something to decode the audio and amplify the speakers. There are separate processors and amplifiers, but that does not sound like what you want.

Sound bars are the most common option for space saving, but sound quality wise, they are not equal to a good AVR with a great set of speakers.

Not sure what other options might be in that general category, would suggest looking in the audio forum. Just keep in mind that if you ever might add a separate component. (example Blu-ray player), it would be best to have an AVR.
post #2128 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:

WMC is not true DLNA, although it can work fine with the DLNA standard it can be hit and miss.

I run Serviio and it is the best in the business in my book. Free, fast, works every time, very easily configurable with many options. I love having thumbnails and not having unnecessary label folders to go through.
post #2129 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just wanted to chime in on my experience...

I have the UN65F630, so far so good. Apps like Amazon prime are slow. Image quality is good, apart from some apparent edge lighting and random blotches when the screen is dark.

Something I've also noticed recently, is the audio gone when turning the tv on. I need to see what version of sw I have.
post #2130 of 2319 Old 06-23-2014, 03:04 PM

Could someone recommend an AVR that works well with the F6300 series?

My criteria is:

• Not "smart" no built in apps, don't like paying for redundancy
  • A modest price good quality, offers true surround
  • Powers up and down when TV does, keeps up with switching inputs on TV (don't want to ever have to fiddle to get sound).
  • Allows wireless(bluetooth?) speakers. Don't want people tripping on cords.

Is this possible?

Last edited by JingoFresh; 06-24-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page