Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 2179 Old 07-21-2014, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Instability after 1200 firmware?

I have a 55" 2013 model (sorry I don't have the specific model # available right now). A week or two ago I saw a firmware update available and applied it. It may be a coincidence and some other factor, but apparently since then I can only watch Plex or Netflix for between about 20-50 minutes without it locking up in some manner. Sometimes Netflix just starts buffering and fails, sometimes Plex just stops responding to the remote control, sometimes the TV just turns off. Blurays from an external (Samsung) player play fine all the way through. We don't use any broadcast TV channels right now so i can't speak to that.

This is on a wired network connection, and the network seems otherwise healthy. If I plug my Chromecast into the TV, I can watch Netflix or Plex all day long.

I see a few mentions of similar issues on this thread, but if it were as predominant a bug for everyone as it is to me, I think the thread would be blowing up. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2179 Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

Just got the 46'' 2013 UF6350 model and still trying to optimize the picture quality. A few questions for this forum, and I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

1. I have manually downloaded on my laptop a zip file of the 1200 firmware update. How can I update my TV? (flash-drive?). Is the update a necessary improvement?

2. Picture quality already looks amazing. However, in darker scenes (either during Bluray playback or gaming on my PS4). I sometimes notice a veeeery faint vertical black line on the center right of the display. I am pretty sure that's how the TV panel is (it's not something that needs to be repaired) but are there settings I can optimize to reduce this effect? It can mostly go away under Dynamic Settings but I would prefer not to have those because I feel a lot of image detail is lost due to the high contrast levels.

Thanks!
post #2163 of 2179 Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangaceiro View Post
Hello,

Just got the 46'' 2013 UF6350 model and still trying to optimize the picture quality. A few questions for this forum, and I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

1. I have manually downloaded on my laptop a zip file of the 1200 firmware update. How can I update my TV? (flash-drive?). Is the update a necessary improvement?

2. Picture quality already looks amazing. However, in darker scenes (either during Bluray playback or gaming on my PS4). I sometimes notice a veeeery faint vertical black line on the center right of the display. I am pretty sure that's how the TV panel is (it's not something that needs to be repaired) but are there settings I can optimize to reduce this effect? It can mostly go away under Dynamic Settings but I would prefer not to have those because I feel a lot of image detail is lost due to the high contrast levels.

Thanks!
As far as the firmware update is concerned that is done internally by choosing menu, support, then software update.
post #2164 of 2179 Old 07-24-2014, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Done with the 60" F6300....

Hello,

Well, as with many people who come here looking for information about new TV's, I find myself back here again.

I bought a UN60F6300 early last year. It took about a month an a half to notice the first issue.

The TV had developed 9 dead pixels almost in the center of the screen. I was able to outright replace the TV due to some nice sales associates at Sears. At the same time the manager had allowed me to buy the 5 yr. warranty on this TV. A month or so after the fact.

The replacement TV took about 3-4 months to develop its issues. The speakers started vibrating badly in Anything above 8 volume in HD.. and to make matters worse, the screen developed a large back spot that had increased in size to about 12" across by 8-10" in high right above the Samsung logo.

The panel was separating, as I was told my the Tech from Sears that came out.

Well, they decided to replace the panel and the speakers. That didn't work.

Amazingly enough, the New panel, out of the box, had a black mark very, very similar to the 1st, almost dead center of the screen and about 1/2 inch in size. (This makes 1 TV with dead pixels, 1 TV with a giant back spot, and 1 replacement panel with a near identical spot but smaller - 3 panels total all are SHARP panels. The Tech said SHARP panels have a lot of issues.) And 60" panels from Samsung are SHARP panels.

*Sigh*

After about a month and a half, the TV was deemed a lemon and not worth investing any more money in. But not before they came back to replace the 2 boards on the back of the tv to try and fix the audio (as I was told). It did not fix the problem. That was repair #3 and the 4th was to be scheduled to replace the panel and the speakers, yet again.

Sears needs 3 trips out to replace something under warranty and a 4th repair scheduled before they will give back your money.

Well, I got my money back as a credit last night and I'm here to find it's replacement. I still have 4 years of warranty left on whatever TV I choose.

It's replacement in 2014 is the 60H6350 but I'm thinking that I might go up a series or so to see if I can elude these issues. Maybe they are made better?

I am going to stay with Samsung, as I like their TV's and staying LED. I was thinking the 60" of the H7150 line. Is there a line between the H6400 and the H7150 that Sears sells? Right now the screen is matte but I do like the fact that the 7150's have the ultra clear panels..

So, any thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Justyn

Samsung UN60H7150
Samsung LN46C650
Samsung LN40D630
Toshiba 65HM167
post #2165 of 2179 Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiti View Post
I have a 55" 2013 model (sorry I don't have the specific model # available right now). A week or two ago I saw a firmware update available and applied it. It may be a coincidence and some other factor, but apparently since then I can only watch Plex or Netflix for between about 20-50 minutes without it locking up in some manner. Sometimes Netflix just starts buffering and fails, sometimes Plex just stops responding to the remote control, sometimes the TV just turns off. Blurays from an external (Samsung) player play fine all the way through. We don't use any broadcast TV channels right now so i can't speak to that.

This is on a wired network connection, and the network seems otherwise healthy. If I plug my Chromecast into the TV, I can watch Netflix or Plex all day long.

I see a few mentions of similar issues on this thread, but if it were as predominant a bug for everyone as it is to me, I think the thread would be blowing up. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Jesse

Same thing here. 55" 2013 model with WH04 samsung panel. I use the netflix app and the built in DLNA receiver to view movies from my XBMC server. My netflix shows usually start cutting out after around 1 to 1.5 hours of playing. I have to reboot the TV and resume where it left off. Same with the XBMC connection.

This was present in the 2 firmware's before 1200, I thought upgrading to 1200 would fix it. It's did help a bit, but the problem continues. It's like there's a memory leak in the apps.
post #2166 of 2179 Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello, I have a 32F6300 that I use to play video games both with my PS4 and my PC. Could anyone of you be so kind to direct me to a place where I can find picture settings for these display to get the best results PQ wise? So far I have found the suggested settings of the site lcdtvbuyingguide http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/...-settings.html BUT would like to know if there are better settings out there. Thank you very much!!
post #2167 of 2179 Old 08-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We just got a UN60F6300AF and when you try to use the Web Browser, it is SLOW....like unbelievable, slower than dial up AOL in the mid 90's

did a firmware update, and it's up to date now, but still SLOW AS CRAP. i hate it.

anyway to make it faster on the web?

it's USELESS and infuriating as it is now.

Last edited by 04ctd; 08-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.
post #2168 of 2179 Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Question New Samsung H6400 just replaced my DOA one ... quick question:

Luckily, this new one works. But, for anyone who has a H6400/H6300 out there, please help me on this:

The stand attachment seems to be fine, nothing is stripped. However, on the underneath of the stand, there is one screw that is preinstalled, and is vertically situated, going up into the center of the stand.

Just to make sure all was tight, I tried to tighten this one, too, but it just keeps turning. And, it seems to not be connected to any part of the stand's swivel mechanism.

Although the tv sits stable, I just want to ask if anyone else has this issue? Is this normal? Has anyone tried. I'm simply asking both for peace of mind and out of curiosity, especially since the first one arrived damaged.

Thanks to all who may be able to.respond.
post #2169 of 2179 Old 08-09-2014, 08:24 AM

Liked: 12
Netflix app having Dolby Dig 5.1 issues?

Has anyone else been having problems of late getting Dolby Digital 5.1 sound out of the Netflix app? I am getting it occasionally, but not reliably for about the past week. But, too many things are changing -- the TV told me it updated its firmware; Comcast "boosted" my internet speed (supposedly to 100Mbps) - but am typically averaging down in the 20-30Mbps range; and it looks as if the Netflix app itself has changed slightly (but could be my imagination).

Just curious

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2170 of 2179 Old 08-10-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiti View Post

Thanks,
Jesse
I have Software version T-MST12AKUC-1200.0
Model un46f6350

Ever since the latest firmware netflix , crackle and Plex all freeze and WiFi becomes disconnected. The range is between 20-45 of watching. Then disconnect and have to shut off the TV, turn on the TV then it re- connects.
I have checked tablets, iPods,ipads and android phone plus laptops and roku boxes far from the WiFi modem. All work without issue.. The Wi-Fi is still going strong even though the TV disconnects.. I don't want to run a wire but until a new firmware fixes this. I don't know what else to do. I have even tried the change DNS to 8.8.8.8 trick... No difference... Router is within 10 feet through a floor.
Who or where can I complain to? Samsung CNET forum site?
post #2171 of 2179 Old 08-11-2014, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
For what it's worth, the wifi on every 5, 6 and 7 series Samsung I have is absolutely useless. I installed power line adapters and ran cat 6 to every TV. Obviously eliminated that issue. Even the few times I have attempted to use the wi-fi, with the router directly under the TV, it still can't function correctly for longer than 4 - 5 minutes.
post #2172 of 2179 Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 PM

Hey guys just got this,

I haven't fooled around with the settings...but on my PS4 plugged into HDMI4 I'm noticing an insane amount of input lag playing MLB 2014.

It feels like im playing online with 200 ping. Is this normal? Was I spoiled with my 2008 samsung 5 series lcd?
post #2173 of 2179 Old 08-20-2014, 10:55 AM

What are the limitations of optical digital?

I have an older AVR which does not support HDMI, only optical digital. I also have a Roku 3 which only supports HDMI out. So, on my current TV, I use HDMI from the Roku going to the TV and then optical digital to the AVR.

If I do this on the 6300 series, will all of the following be passed through the optical to the AVR? Will the audio be downgraded to 2.0?

1. AC3 5.1
2. DTS 5.1
3. PCM 2.0
post #2174 of 2179 Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus123 View Post
What are the limitations of optical digital?

I have an older AVR which does not support HDMI, only optical digital. I also have a Roku 3 which only supports HDMI out. So, on my current TV, I use HDMI from the Roku going to the TV and then optical digital to the AVR.

If I do this on the 6300 series, will all of the following be passed through the optical to the AVR? Will the audio be downgraded to 2.0?

1. AC3 5.1
2. DTS 5.1
3. PCM 2.0
Although the TV can pass Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 when receiving those signals through the built in tuner, the digital optical output will only pass 2 channel stereo from any sources connected to the TV via HDMI.

One option might be to use an audio extractor like this one.

Vin
post #2175 of 2179 Old 08-22-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Although the TV can pass Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 when receiving those signals through the built in tuner, the digital optical output will only pass 2 channel stereo from any sources connected to the TV via HDMI.

One option might be to use an audio extractor like this one.
That is unfortunate. My old Samsung LN40A550 passes through 5.1 from HDMI sources to the optical as 5.1.

When you say "signals through the built-in tuner" this includes smart apps? So Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 from the Plex or Netflix apps will be passed as 5.1 to the optical?
post #2176 of 2179 Old 08-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus123 View Post
That is unfortunate. My old Samsung LN40A550 passes through 5.1 from HDMI sources to the optical as 5.1.

When you say "signals through the built-in tuner" this includes smart apps? So Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 from the Plex or Netflix apps will be passed as 5.1 to the optical?
Yes, it will also pass 5.1 channels via the optical output from the built-in apps.

Vin
post #2177 of 2179 Old 08-26-2014, 05:41 AM

Bought a Samsung UN65F6300 Smart LED HDTV in February this year.

I spent the extra bucks on a Samsung because I believed they were better quality TVs.

Until now I have been pretty happy with my purchase...

The other week I was watching a DVR recording and all of a sudden my TV started to reset. It went on and off about 5 times until I got fed up with it and unplugged it from the wall.

I turned it back on and then it worked correctly.

A few more days went by and it started resetting again. This time it went in a loop for about 15 minutes, shutting off, turning on, shutting off, over and over again. The problem seems to become more prevalent when the TV has been on for a while. Now I cannot even use the TV without experiencing this issue periodically; this is a really annoying issue!

After some online research, I found other Samsung owners experiencing the same problem because of faulty capacitors in the power supply. This seems ridiculous that a (widespread) problem would be caused by $0.25 components. Especially with a high end manufacturer like Samsung. Why would they skimp on quality electrical components that will prevent such a widespread problem?

Anyways, I bought the unit from Brandsmart and it is still under warranty so I am going to have them come out and take a look at it.

I was just wondering if anyone here had experience with this issue. If so, how did you resolve it? What is the cause?

Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited by shurguywutt; 08-26-2014 at 06:21 AM.
post #2178 of 2179 Old 08-26-2014, 08:22 AM

I have been scouring the internet regarding this issue and apparently there is a lot of bad publicity out there.

There has been a class action lawsuit again Samsung for using faulty capacitors in their high-dollar TVs then denying customers repairs or stating they are beyond warranty when it had been a known problem in millions of TVs.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/02/09...-power-defect/

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-pow...-suit-follows/

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/samsung-...d-free-repair/

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_...amsung_tv.html

Thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty but still, I would expect a $1800 TV to last longer than 6 months without problems!
post #2179 of 2179 Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Hey guys,

So I'm using the recommended settings with stutter at ten and judder at zero.

I have a Samsung receiver as well with my apple TV and cable box going into, then from it to my TV.

I'm seeing an issue a lot where it stutters and goes into slow motion, then quickly speeds back up to where it should be.

Is this a normal occurrence?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page