Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2161 of 2162 Old 07-21-2014, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Instability after 1200 firmware?

I have a 55" 2013 model (sorry I don't have the specific model # available right now). A week or two ago I saw a firmware update available and applied it. It may be a coincidence and some other factor, but apparently since then I can only watch Plex or Netflix for between about 20-50 minutes without it locking up in some manner. Sometimes Netflix just starts buffering and fails, sometimes Plex just stops responding to the remote control, sometimes the TV just turns off. Blurays from an external (Samsung) player play fine all the way through. We don't use any broadcast TV channels right now so i can't speak to that.

This is on a wired network connection, and the network seems otherwise healthy. If I plug my Chromecast into the TV, I can watch Netflix or Plex all day long.

I see a few mentions of similar issues on this thread, but if it were as predominant a bug for everyone as it is to me, I think the thread would be blowing up. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2162 Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

Just got the 46'' 2013 UF6350 model and still trying to optimize the picture quality. A few questions for this forum, and I would greatly appreciate any feedback!

1. I have manually downloaded on my laptop a zip file of the 1200 firmware update. How can I update my TV? (flash-drive?). Is the update a necessary improvement?

2. Picture quality already looks amazing. However, in darker scenes (either during Bluray playback or gaming on my PS4). I sometimes notice a veeeery faint vertical black line on the center right of the display. I am pretty sure that's how the TV panel is (it's not something that needs to be repaired) but are there settings I can optimize to reduce this effect? It can mostly go away under Dynamic Settings but I would prefer not to have those because I feel a lot of image detail is lost due to the high contrast levels.

Thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page