Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 74 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2191 of 2194 Old 09-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 50
UN55F6300 here. Couldnt find the specs I needed from Samsung.
Can this unit display 0-255 or only 16-235? I have heard things like renaming input to PC etc or something to activate 0-255 full RGB. Can someone walk me through it please?

I have the cable tv and HTPC running through the Denon receiver, so only 1 HDMI running to the TV, using 1 input.

Thanks.

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2194 Old 09-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaskary77 View Post
UN55F6300 here. Couldnt find the specs I needed from Samsung.
Can this unit display 0-255 or only 16-235? I have heard things like renaming input to PC etc or something to activate 0-255 full RGB. Can someone walk me through it please?

I have the cable tv and HTPC running through the Denon receiver, so only 1 HDMI running to the TV, using 1 input.

Thanks.
It can display both. In picture settings HDMI black level "low" is the video spec 16-235 and "normal" is the pc levels. The setting is not tied to the input being named PC. I have mine set to "low" with the input named PC for the PS3 to use. PS3 needs to correspondingly be set for "limited" to show the correct picture.
post #2193 of 2194 Old 09-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark_007 View Post
It can display both. In picture settings HDMI black level "low" is the video spec 16-235 and "normal" is the pc levels. The setting is not tied to the input being named PC. I have mine set to "low" with the input named PC for the PS3 to use. PS3 needs to correspondingly be set for "limited" to show the correct picture.

great thanks. will know what to play with. i was guessing it might have been color space of native vs auto, but that didnt seem right to do much.

note: the post above is my opinion. as such, when reading any recommendations from me, please do you research and seek out other recommendations and make up your own mind on your next course of action. i mean, most reasonable adults should know that, but it seems this should be stated anyways.
post #2194 of 2194 Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone know anything about the 6360 Series TV on the Samsung website? Is that just one that Costco or some other chain sells?

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page