Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1996 View Post
Firmware Environment
Description OS Release Date Language Size (MB) Download File
Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.2204.3)
This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
The version is 2204.3
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Netflix loading issue

- Solves Auto Off-On Issue

- Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.
This firmware is also meant to upgrade the Smart Hub to the one that comes on the 2014 models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2246 Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the 75" version from Sam's back in the spring. I noticed some very bad clouding but have just let it go....until Friday. I only notice it on really dark scenes (or when there is no input into the TV) but I am fed up with it. I called Samsung and they turned the incident over to Precision Television who called me yesterday.

Has anyone had any success in getting the clouding fixed? Will Precision Television bring out another unit if this cannot be fixed? I am curious to anyone else's experience with this.
post #2223 of 2246 Old 11-13-2014, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bad luck or continued problem

I recently picked up the Samsung UN65F6350 LED smart TV. It was "manufactured Dec, 2013."
Take it home, turn it on, start to watch a show, it restarts by itself randomly. I update all firmwares.
About a week later it restarts itself again randomly while being used. Then about 1 week later it continues to restart off and on over and over for about 30 minutes straight. Unplugging it and plugging it on does nothing. Then it magically fixes itself.
Then a couple days ago it up and will not work ever again. Cycling on and off over and over.

A bit of google research and i find Samsung was sued by virtually everyone with a samsung panel a few years back for completely faulty parts. They were an absolute nightmare to every customer, gave every single customer an impossibly difficult time trying to get their TV fixed; and didn't honor broken down TV's even days after the class action lawsuit statute of liability was over.

So now I have this brand new 3 week old crappy Samsung TV that the dealer is going to "fix." I don't even want this POS now that i know how this company treats its customers.

How is this still a problem in 2014? How can a class action lawsuit not help a company come to a realization that chinacheap parts isn't the answer.
Am i the only one that's still having 2008 Samsung problems in 2014?
So annoyed
post #2224 of 2246 Old 11-14-2014, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewse View Post
I recently picked up the Samsung UN65F6350 LED smart TV. It was "manufactured Dec, 2013."
Take it home, turn it on, start to watch a show, it restarts by itself randomly. I update all firmwares.
About a week later it restarts itself again randomly while being used. Then about 1 week later it continues to restart off and on over and over for about 30 minutes straight. Unplugging it and plugging it on does nothing. Then it magically fixes itself.
Then a couple days ago it up and will not work ever again. Cycling on and off over and over.

A bit of google research and i find Samsung was sued by virtually everyone with a samsung panel a few years back for completely faulty parts. They were an absolute nightmare to every customer, gave every single customer an impossibly difficult time trying to get their TV fixed; and didn't honor broken down TV's even days after the class action lawsuit statute of liability was over.

So now I have this brand new 3 week old crappy Samsung TV that the dealer is going to "fix." I don't even want this POS now that i know how this company treats its customers.

How is this still a problem in 2014? How can a class action lawsuit not help a company come to a realization that chinacheap parts isn't the answer.
Am i the only one that's still having 2008 Samsung problems in 2014?
So annoyed
Slow down a little and don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Yes, what you are seeing has been a problem for some sets, but many of us have these TVs and enjoy them very much. Concluding that Samsung treats every customer like crap is certainly wrong. You claim you updated the firmware, but don't mention any particular version. The latest release (recent) claims to fix the problem (but so did the last few releases). Let the dealer or Samsung try to fix it. It could be a power supply problem. You also mention the LCD panel itself. A number of different panels are used in these sets and that has nothing to do with the problem you are having.
Rbrodzinsky likes this.
post #2225 of 2246 Old 11-17-2014, 06:41 PM

Liked: 1
Installed the latest firmware 2204.3. Even with the backlight at maximum 20 you can still see PWM effects when you waggle your fingers in front of the TV.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or what but I think Samsung has actually lowered the PWM frequency of the backlight and I don't even know why. Anyone feel the same way?
post #2226 of 2246 Old 11-18-2014, 08:21 AM

Bad Panel

So this weekend I noticed a line going from top to bottom on the right side of the screen. We purchased the 75 inch model in December of last year. In Jan we had a new model brought out due to terrible clouding on the original TV and now this.
Best buy is replacing the "panel" because the TV is still under the one year samsung warranty. So instead of swapping out the TV for a different one (our third in less than a year) they will preplace the panel. The cost to have a tech come out and the cost of the panel itself ....just doesnt make much sense.
I plan on using my best buy extended warranty to simply exhange this for a different make and model all together. 3 TV's in less than a year.
I understand the whole "panel lottery" thing so perhaps we just have terrible luck but in any case I think I am thru with Samsung....
post #2227 of 2246 Old 11-19-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am in canada and my tv wont turn on today, not sure whats wrong, well it will turn on but no picture (the odd flicker) then it keeps cycling on and off?

I just have a few questions.

1. Any idea what the problem maybe, even just a hunch?

2. I started warranty repair with samsung, any idea how long this procedure takes?

3. If the mainboard or something is gone will i loose all my settings, and what about calibration? Aren't these sets calibrated in some way out of the factory, im just not sure how this all works, the local repair man in canada i have little faith in.

4. To the poster above i bought mine at future shop in canada (our version of best buy) they actually helped you out? Maybe I should deal with them but last time i dealt with them they basically told me to talk to the manufacturer they handle the warranty. It sounds like you got some great service that they are dealing with it. Although later you mentioned the extended warranty, i did not take that, maybe i should have. I doubt they will help me much without it.
post #2228 of 2246 Old 11-20-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark_007 View Post
Installed the latest firmware 2204.3. Even with the backlight at maximum 20 you can still see PWM effects when you waggle your fingers in front of the TV.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or what but I think Samsung has actually lowered the PWM frequency of the backlight and I don't even know why. Anyone feel the same way?
Can you explain what the effect looks like. I tried doing that but I don't notice anything.
post #2229 of 2246 Old 11-21-2014, 08:14 AM

Easiest way to demonstrate is to have a white background on the screen. Backlight at 20. While waving your hand and looking at your fingers turn the backlight lower and lower. If you see strobing effects then you can see it. Compare to a different device at max and note that your fingers are smoother and then switch back to the TV and note that there is still a touch of the strobe effect.
post #2230 of 2246 Old 11-21-2014, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does anyone understand why the HBO-Go app needs to be consistently "activated", which can take up to 24 hours before one can watch again on the TV? I watch something on HBO-Go a couple nights in a row, then, go to watch again, and I have to re-enter an activation code on the PC web site. I then get a "cannot connect at this time" message.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2231 of 2246 Old 11-22-2014, 08:00 AM

I see the strobing effect now. I wonder what they did...
post #2232 of 2246 Old 11-28-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaganoush View Post
I see the strobing effect now. I wonder what they did...
Probably was always there. I sent an email to Samsung support about it because it is software controlled. They tried brushing me off but I figure if more people mention it to them they might increase the PWM frequency. So please do consider dropping them an email.
post #2233 of 2246 Old 11-28-2014, 04:30 PM

Just picked up a 6350 today at best buy.

I am planning to replace my 37" sony XBR6 LCD with this panel. Duties are mainly HTPC, web surfing, and gaming via the computer. Will be using an MSI R9 290 video card to drive the display via HDMI.

This was a bit of an impulse buy so I hope I am not disappointed with it. I have no pro tuning capability as far as picture goes and with a 70+ page thread I'm sure there are some suggested settings for PC use hidden in here somewhere. Will get looking once I hook everything up later this evening.
post #2234 of 2246 Old 12-02-2014, 01:38 PM

Has anyone else had this issue come up with this set? I am getting a pink screen when I power the TV up after it has been off for a while. Turning it off then back on fixes it temporarily. I tried another HDMI cable and it hasn't helped.

The screen is being driven by a PC with an MSI R9 290 graphics card. Latest catalyst driver and the monitor has the latest firmware.
post #2235 of 2246 Old 12-03-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Messed up something on my tv with new BD

I have a URC remote and it is programmed. Anyway, my old DVD player was composite input. No matter what, when you turned off the TV and then turned it back on it ALWAYS went to HDMI1, which is my Dish. Now, when you turn it off and turn it back on, the TV remains on whatever input was last used. I just installed a SOny BDPS5200 via HDMI to the TV.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls this?
post #2236 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 09:06 AM

UN40f6300 Failing

I purchased the 40 inch F6300 model summer 2013 and everything had been working well until today. This morning while watching a show the tv started to emit a "screeching" noise (not sure how best to describe it, but similar to the noise you would hear when opening a neon light) which appeared to be coming from the power area in the back. And after a minute of that the image starting flickering and then just shut down. The tv restarted and the noise continued and the tv would just open for a few seconds before shutting down again.

I tried unplugging everything and even got it to stay long enough to do a full reset, but nothing seems to work as after a few minutes of being off the problem returns. I have a video of what happens, which I could upload here too if needed.

So does anyone have any advice on what could be causing this or what to do?
post #2237 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 09:32 AM

One extra detail. If I leave the tv unplugged for 15 minutes and then plug it back in it works without problems for 20 or so minutes. Makes it seem even weirder...
post #2238 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 09:57 AM

It sounds like a failing component in the power supply, most likely one of the large capacitors. This is not something you can or should try to fix on your own

Rick Brodzinsky

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2239 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodzinsky View Post
It sounds like a failing component in the power supply, most likely one of the large capacitors. This is not something you can or should try to fix on your own
Thanks for the info. Sadly that's what I feared. If I bring the tv to an electronics store is this something that should be easy for them to fix and have the parts for. Or would they likely have to order a new power board from Samsung?
post #2240 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Reading online about the capacitor issue with older Samsung models and the lawsuit. Anyone know if this is common in the newer models too or I'm just unlucky?
post #2241 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen Gervais View Post
Thanks for the info. Sadly that's what I feared. If I bring the tv to an electronics store is this something that should be easy for them to fix and have the parts for. Or would they likely have to order a new power board from Samsung?
More than likely, it would be a full sub-unit replacement of the power supply (if that is indeed the issue). I (personally) would take the TV to an authorized Samsung repairer. Or, call Samsung, particularly with their past power supply issues

Rick Brodzinsky

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2242 of 2246 Old 12-06-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodzinsky View Post
More than likely, it would be a full sub-unit replacement of the power supply (if that is indeed the issue). I (personally) would take the TV to an authorized Samsung repairer. Or, call Samsung, particularly with their past power supply issues
I think that's what I will have to do. Opened up the tv and all the capacitors look fine so it must be something deeper causing it.
post #2243 of 2246 Old 12-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Hey guys, I am currently experiencing this issue on my 6300. I am unsure what the proper name for this issue so any insight on what is causing it would be appreciated.
It doesn't really show on a solid black background, but on grey or another other color you can see that nothing is really uniform. The top left corner specifically is very white and I can typically see it on a wide range of colors.

Anyone have any ideas on what this is that is happening? and possible solutions I can attempt to reduce the problem?

My TV is mounted on an adjustable mount so I do pull the TV off the wall to angle it quite frequently, so I pull the tv away from the wall mostly on the left side that has the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-07.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	408473  
post #2244 of 2246 Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM

Hi,
I just updated to 2204.3 and did not realise that it meant that the Smart Hub would only work on networks with an Internet connection. I have a network hard drive on a LAN that is not connected to the Internet and my UN60F7050 no longer sees it.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks Samsung for making it clear.
Maybe I need to downgrade if that is possible.
post #2245 of 2246 Unread 12-13-2014, 10:13 AM

There is no way to downgrade firmware.

The people that figured out how to root this device (yes, root is possible) cannot figure out how to downgrade it.
post #2246 of 2246 Unread Today, 10:07 AM

USB not playing to Digital Out

Hello,

I just picked up a Samsung UN55h6300af LED TV. I was long overdue for an upgrade as my old TV was a Philips LCD from 2007. I am running into an issue playing from USB and the speaker/audio outs. My home stereo consists of a Rotel Intergrated amp and a Cambridge Audio Streak Magic 6. When I discovered the Samsung TV does not have analog outs I utilized the digital (TOSlink) out and ran it into the Cambridge Stream Magic 6's digital input. It has a killer DAC and flows beautifully out to my speakers. Everything is fine unless I play video back from USB. It defaults to the built-in TV speakers and does not play to the digital output. I never choose a speaker out once I added the digital out. It just works and I turn the TV volume down.
If I check the speaker outs I only have 2 selections - TV speakers and Audio Out. Audio out is 1/8 mini TRS analog output. I guess I can use that with a splitter to 2 RCA's and into my amp but I am really liking the digital outs sound. Can't find anywhere to adjust the output/speakers for USB. I'm worried that a 'corner was cut' and playing USB defaults to the internal speakers.

Has anyone run across this or have any advice?

thanks!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page