Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 77 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #2281 of 2296 Old 02-13-2015, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It's the same generic change log every time. I don't think they reveal what has actually changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2296 Old 02-13-2015, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Vomit View Post
After "upgrading" to 2206, screen mirroring over Intel WiDi no longer works. It worked just fine on 2204. Says it is connected, then it hangs on "LOADING" message. The pointer appears, but nothing else does.

Ironically, included in the changelog is: "Solves the issue Screen Mirroring doesn't work." So they "fixed" something that wasn't broken for me, and now it is.

Anybody know where I can get a copy of 2204 so I can revert?
You can't revert.

Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Samsung UN55F6300AF/Xbox 360
post #2283 of 2296 Old 02-14-2015, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I was pleasantly surprised, last night, to see that the Netflix app is now sending Dobly Digital sound to the AVR, instead of just Stereo, as we've had for the past few months.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2284 of 2296 Old 03-01-2015, 09:38 PM

Liked: 0
Hi all,

I've had this TV for over a year now, the F6300, in 75 inch form. It's going well for the most part, especially due to this thread which I've been following.

I also have a Samsung sound bar, the HW-F450, connected via HDMI arc.

This issue has been happening lately, or longer without me realizing, where the TV and sound bar will power up on their own, with no input from anyone. I could be the only one in the room, doing work on a laptop, and it will randomly turn on. Then I usually turn it off, however one time I left it running and it shut down on it's own after a few minutes.

Any thoughts on this issue? Thanks in advance.
post #2285 of 2296 Old 03-01-2015, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmr View Post
Hi all,

I've had this TV for over a year now, the F6300, in 75 inch form. It's going well for the most part, especially due to this thread which I've been following.

This issue has been happening lately, or longer without me realizing, where the TV and sound bar will power up on their own, with no input from anyone. I could be the only one in the room, doing work on a laptop, and it will randomly turn on. Then I usually turn it off, however one time I left it running and it shut down on it's own after a few minutes.

I have not noticed that with mine, but pay attention to what hdmi devices are connected. I have one cable box connected to two of these TVs (one 60" and the other 32" in the kitchen) via an hdmi splitter. Until I changed settings on the kitchen TV, I had an odd problem. Turning on the Sony Blu-ray player connected to the large TV would also turn on the small TV (even though the Blu-ray was NOT connected to that TV). After a few minutes, the kitchen TV would give up and turn itself off (due to no input). But as part of turning itself off, it would turn the Blu-ray player off. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but somehow the two TVs were communicating commands through the shared hdmi splitter. Another possibility is your TV is turning on to check for firmware updates. I have not seen that on mine, but I have heard of things like that on other TVs. Mine do not have the latest firmware, so maybe a new feature has been added.
post #2286 of 2296 Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 AM

Mine does it every evening right before dinner. I have always assumed it was the update checking. Turns off after a couple minutes.

Rick Brodzinsky

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2287 of 2296 Old 03-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I have a few devices attached, one being an Xbox One which has a hibernation mode enabling background updates. That could be triggering something on partial wakeup.

I'll also try to note the time of day it happens to see if its similar to the above post about it happening every evening.

Will report back
post #2288 of 2296 Old 03-03-2015, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmr View Post
Hi all,

I have a 55" and 46", the 55 does this exact same thing, it's connected via hdmi to a Sony receiver. I will be in another room in the house and the tv will turn on by itself then turn off a short while later. The 46" is connected to a Samsung HW-FM45/ZA soundbar and Sony BDP-S360 via hdmi, no issues I've ever noticed with it turning on by itself.
post #2289 of 2296 Old 03-10-2015, 06:44 PM

So I've noticed that the TV starts up for 2-3 minutes every afternoon at 1:40PM (eastern time). Then turns off on it's own. So at least it isn't sporadic/random, it's doing something particular.

The actual screen will not light up or show anything by the way, I only hear the startup click and see the red status light change.
post #2290 of 2296 Old 03-12-2015, 03:17 PM
DTS

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Seems a FW update was sent out today and it's supposed to settle the ON/OFF issue, among other things.

Quote:
This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F550
The version is 2207.0
This firmware update will improve the following:
Solves Netflix loading issue
Solves Auto Off-On Issue
Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.
Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.
Improves Picture Quality.
Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.
Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.
I've been wanting to ask this question for some time now.
When Auto Motion Plus is on and I have BLUR and JUDDER set to 10, I get the full "soap opera" effect but I notice at the bottom edge of the picture, it's very pixelated and jittery. I thought this was the whole point of this option, to get rid of all that. Turning those options down, the issue goes away.

post #2291 of 2296 Old 03-12-2015, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I keep getting a message like "Samgung Signature Service" (or something like that) will end on April 1st. What is this?
scott_bernstein likes this.

never take life seriously
post #2292 of 2296 Old 03-12-2015, 09:11 PM
DTS

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Kids and Fitness apps will no longer be available/discontinued.

post #2293 of 2296 Old 03-27-2015, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all

I just bought the 55", UN55H6350AFXZC to replace a Panasonic 42" LED. I had my computer, which has a NVidia GTX750 card, connected to my Denon 789 AVR which was connected to my Panasonic and had no troubles with audio and video. I plugged in the Samsung like I had the Panny plugged in and I don't get audio. I have to shut my computer down, start it again to get audio working. When there is no audio, the Windows Sound shows the NVIDIA port 0 as not connected, and the Denon in the NVIDIA properties says it's connected via DVI which is not the case.

My drivers were a few months old so I updated those (I checked a clean install) but then I would loose both video and audio. So it made matters worse. I ended up doing a system restore to get it back to the old drivers.

If I turn the AVR on by itself and leave the TV off, the audio works. But when I turn the TV on, I lose audio. I tried 3 different HDMI ports on the TV. The Samsung has the TV speaker enabled but muted. I tried Devcon and HDMIYo and they reactive the Denon playback device but there is still no sound. I have no idea what to do here but one option now is return the Samsung. I watch most of my TV off my computer running XBMC. Having to restart every time is not an option.

Thanks guys, hopefully someone can help.

Last edited by Brad_P; 03-27-2015 at 04:30 PM.
post #2294 of 2296 Old 03-28-2015, 06:34 AM

It sounds as if you are having an HDMI handshake issue. Have you enabled the CEC functionality between the TV and the AVR? If so, you may also want to change the TV speaker setting from TV Speaker -- Mute; to Receiver. Your AVR does not seem to support ARC, but you can use an optical cable between the TV and AVR.

Rick Brodzinsky

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2295 of 2296 Old 03-28-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodzinsky View Post
It sounds as if you are having an HDMI handshake issue. Have you enabled the CEC functionality between the TV and the AVR? If so, you may also want to change the TV speaker setting from TV Speaker -- Mute; to Receiver. Your AVR does not seem to support ARC, but you can use an optical cable between the TV and AVR.
I use to have an optical cable from the TV to receiver but I didn't get TrueHD, DTS HD etc with my sources going through the TV. Anyway, I think I found a solution. I taped pin 19 on the HDMI cable as described here:
EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's

It seems to be working fine now. Hopefully it stays that way. Thanks though
post #2296 of 2296 Old Today, 11:21 AM

Hi Everyone,
What's the correct way to hook up my AVR to get the ARC feature to work?
Ever since I bought this tv last year, I've had no success getting the ARC feature to work with my Onkyo TX-308 AVR. So I have a Comcast X1 STB, Blue Ray player and Chromecast conected to the TV's HDMI ports. Then I ran an optical cables from the Comcast X1 STB and BluRay Player to the AVR.With the latest firmware update, I'm going to again try to get the ARC feature to work. With an AVR, should I just connect the AVR's HDMI OUT to the HDMI2 port on the TV? (the Comcast X1 STB will be connected to the AVR's STB HDMI IN port)
Thanks for your help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com