Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 77 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #2281 of 2288 Old 02-13-2015, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It's the same generic change log every time. I don't think they reveal what has actually changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2288 Old 02-13-2015, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Vomit View Post
After "upgrading" to 2206, screen mirroring over Intel WiDi no longer works. It worked just fine on 2204. Says it is connected, then it hangs on "LOADING" message. The pointer appears, but nothing else does.

Ironically, included in the changelog is: "Solves the issue Screen Mirroring doesn't work." So they "fixed" something that wasn't broken for me, and now it is.

Anybody know where I can get a copy of 2204 so I can revert?
You can't revert.

Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Samsung UN55F6300AF/Xbox 360
post #2283 of 2288 Old 02-14-2015, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I was pleasantly surprised, last night, to see that the Netflix app is now sending Dobly Digital sound to the AVR, instead of just Stereo, as we've had for the past few months.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2284 of 2288 Old 03-01-2015, 10:38 PM

Liked: 0
Hi all,

I've had this TV for over a year now, the F6300, in 75 inch form. It's going well for the most part, especially due to this thread which I've been following.

I also have a Samsung sound bar, the HW-F450, connected via HDMI arc.

This issue has been happening lately, or longer without me realizing, where the TV and sound bar will power up on their own, with no input from anyone. I could be the only one in the room, doing work on a laptop, and it will randomly turn on. Then I usually turn it off, however one time I left it running and it shut down on it's own after a few minutes.

Any thoughts on this issue? Thanks in advance.
post #2285 of 2288 Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmr View Post
Hi all,

I've had this TV for over a year now, the F6300, in 75 inch form. It's going well for the most part, especially due to this thread which I've been following.

This issue has been happening lately, or longer without me realizing, where the TV and sound bar will power up on their own, with no input from anyone. I could be the only one in the room, doing work on a laptop, and it will randomly turn on. Then I usually turn it off, however one time I left it running and it shut down on it's own after a few minutes.

I have not noticed that with mine, but pay attention to what hdmi devices are connected. I have one cable box connected to two of these TVs (one 60" and the other 32" in the kitchen) via an hdmi splitter. Until I changed settings on the kitchen TV, I had an odd problem. Turning on the Sony Blu-ray player connected to the large TV would also turn on the small TV (even though the Blu-ray was NOT connected to that TV). After a few minutes, the kitchen TV would give up and turn itself off (due to no input). But as part of turning itself off, it would turn the Blu-ray player off. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but somehow the two TVs were communicating commands through the shared hdmi splitter. Another possibility is your TV is turning on to check for firmware updates. I have not seen that on mine, but I have heard of things like that on other TVs. Mine do not have the latest firmware, so maybe a new feature has been added.
post #2286 of 2288 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Mine does it every evening right before dinner. I have always assumed it was the update checking. Turns off after a couple minutes.

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2287 of 2288 Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

Liked: 0
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I have a few devices attached, one being an Xbox One which has a hibernation mode enabling background updates. That could be triggering something on partial wakeup.

I'll also try to note the time of day it happens to see if its similar to the above post about it happening every evening.

Will report back
post #2288 of 2288 Old Today, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smmr View Post
Hi all,

I have a 55" and 46", the 55 does this exact same thing, it's connected via hdmi to a Sony receiver. I will be in another room in the house and the tv will turn on by itself then turn off a short while later. The 46" is connected to a Samsung HW-FM45/ZA soundbar and Sony BDP-S360 via hdmi, no issues I've ever noticed with it turning on by itself.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com