Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2311 of 2319 Old 06-05-2015, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all!

I recently updated my smart tv UN40F6300 version from T-MST12AKUC-2207.0 to T-MST12AKUC-2209.2. After the update, I'm facing the below issues.

1. On every reboot, all apps are disappearing. Need to manually add from edit option.
2. Most of the applications are updating each time I boot.
3. Not able to open few applications "Not Available" message is displayed.
4. Tried to uninstall the apps, but no apps are shown in the "installed" option.
5. Not able to delete the applications.

Is there any way to go back to older firmware? I tried with factory reset, changing ISP option by pressing (mute+return+vol++ch^+mute). Nothing helped. I even tried with samsung support they tried every options but nothing helped.

Appreciate any help. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2319 Old 06-24-2015, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
post #2313 of 2319 Old 07-07-2015, 08:33 PM

Question Red Arrows at Botton of Screen?

O.K. I can't figure out how to eliminate what appears to be two red arrows at the very bottom of my 75" 6300 screen when viewing DISH programing. Attempted to move the screen size to cover them up but that failed too. Must be some type of notice for the "Smart TV" but I show no notices and software is up-to-date. I rarely use anything but use this set as a monitor only. Spent way too much time with no results. Must be a simple fix. Please help and thanks.

Samsung 6300 75", TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential 750Gb EXTERNAL hard drive, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, Fire TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
post #2314 of 2319 Old 07-08-2015, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have only seen Samsung SmartTV notices at the top of the screen, in a blue/black color scheme. I would check your DISH receiver, something there might be causing the arrows

Rick Brodzinsky

SF Bay Area - OTA & Xfinity

Samsung UN46F6350
Marantz NR1604
TIVO Premiere
Samsung BD-5900
post #2315 of 2319 Old 07-08-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodzinsky View Post
I have only seen Samsung SmartTV notices at the top of the screen, in a blue/black color scheme. I would check your DISH receiver, something there might be causing the arrows
Thanks Rick for your fast reply. Just turned on the TV and guess what, the arrows that have been on the screen for several months are gone! Must have been something I adjusted before my post and when I turned everything off it was reset. I do think they might appear again however. I thought they were some notice involving the "Smart TV" hub. Never have considered the Dish Hopper as the cause however. These very small red arrows just bug us like any other bugs in the house! Ha Ha Will update if they re-appear.

Samsung 6300 75", TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential 750Gb EXTERNAL hard drive, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, Fire TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
post #2316 of 2319 Old 07-08-2015, 05:09 PM

Well Rick you were right it does pertain to the Dish Hopper DVR. I found that this one (this time) red & white arrow is activated sometimes when using close caption and it remains on the bottom sometimes even when CC is not in use. I found that switching the CC button on and off will finally remove this arrow from the bottom of the screen. Why I had two of these arrow is unknown but at lease I now know, as you suggested, it is not part of any notification from the "Smart TV". Again thanks for solving my issue.

post #2317 of 2319 Old 07-20-2015, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Alrighty, I'm really interested in switching to a 40" F6300, and I just have two major questions before I take the plunge.

1. What type of pulldown is performed for 120Hz on this model for 24p? I've been burned before on TVs with 120Hz that would use 3:2 pulldown, THEN use 2:2. Does this model just do straight 5:5 pulldown with no issue? If so, what are the correct settings to get this?

2. I'm (hopefully) assuming that both PC mode and Game mode have lower input lag? And that at the very least the white balance is customizable on either one of them? As well, is global dimming an issue on either input? I'm aware of the "Movie" setting disabling this on my current Samsung, but not sure on PC or game mode as well.

Thanks!

SAMSUNG 39" FH5000 - Region-Free LG BP340 BD Player - Roku 3 w/ 1TB External HDD - Fiio D03K DAC - XRGB-Mini & Lumagen VisionHDQ (For scaling game systems) - Logitech Z623 Speakers - i1 Display Pro w/ dispcalGUI
AV Famicom w/ RGB - SNES Mini w/ RGB & Digital Coax - N64 w/ RGB - Playstation - Dreamcast - Gamecube - Playstation 3 - Wii
post #2318 of 2319 Old 07-21-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanlip View Post
Alrighty, I'm really interested in switching to a 40" F6300, and I just have two major questions before I take the plunge.

1. What type of pulldown is performed for 120Hz on this model for 24p? I've been burned before on TVs with 120Hz that would use 3:2 pulldown, THEN use 2:2. Does this model just do straight 5:5 pulldown with no issue? If so, what are the correct settings to get this?

2. I'm (hopefully) assuming that both PC mode and Game mode have lower input lag? And that at the very least the white balance is customizable on either one of them? As well, is global dimming an issue on either input? I'm aware of the "Movie" setting disabling this on my current Samsung, but not sure on PC or game mode as well.

Thanks!
PC mode and Game mode both have full screen dimming. To get around this problem you'll need to change the white balance.
I currently have it at 15 for red,blue and green offset. At that setting it doesn't dim the entire screen unless there's no picture being displayed.
post #2319 of 2319 Old Today, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
On looking further through the thread, it seems people have stuck to Blur Reduction 10, Judder Reduction 0. Does this provide 5:5 pulldown? Is either setting necessary to get the correct pulldown, or just the disabled judder reduction?

SAMSUNG 39" FH5000 - Region-Free LG BP340 BD Player - Roku 3 w/ 1TB External HDD - Fiio D03K DAC - XRGB-Mini & Lumagen VisionHDQ (For scaling game systems) - Logitech Z623 Speakers - i1 Display Pro w/ dispcalGUI
AV Famicom w/ RGB - SNES Mini w/ RGB & Digital Coax - N64 w/ RGB - Playstation - Dreamcast - Gamecube - Playstation 3 - Wii
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread - 250gb by PriceGrabber.com