Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #2341 of 2355 Old 09-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodzinsky View Post
Was there an "electronic" smell, too? Sort of an acrid odor. Most likely, a failure on the power supply board, probably a blown capacitor (hence the "pop").
i didnt smell anything but i might have missed it because it surprised me and i moved away just in case.. lol
luckily samsung support said they will cover cost of labor and parts. thanks for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2355 Old 10-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know where the HDMI Clock Control setting is in the Service Menu ?

Thanks
post #2343 of 2355 Old 10-15-2015, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Anyone know how to downgrade firmware?

Normally my parents use a 22" Acer widescreen monitor, and with that display configured everything works fine. However occasionally my dad uses my Dish account to stream both ESPN and Big Ten Network online, and when doing so he likes to use their 32" Samsung TV to display the picture. He does this by hitting Windows + P, then selecting the option to only display the picture on the TV. Both the TV and monitor are always plugged into the video card, it's just the TV is disabled except for when streaming sports.

The problem we've ran into is, when opting to use the TV as the primary display (or even extending the desktop over into the TV and still using the Acer LCD) the internet just doesn't work. All the browsers say "unable to resolve DNS" and just hang. However as soon as you do Win + P and opt to only use the single Acer monitor, the internet browsers start working again. Ran an ipconfig and it is still showing the same IP and whatnot as when it's working fine on the Acer monitor.

Updated both the Ethernet driver, and video card driver, still no difference. Super weird issue and I can't find anything on the internet about it. The only thing I can think of is the TV, and the only thing that could be blocking it is a new firmware (some sort of HDCP or whatnot).
post #2344 of 2355 Old 10-16-2015, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I bought a Samsung 55" Led TV from BJ's about 2 years ago (Black Friday '13). Model# is UN55F6350AFXZA .. For past several months, its been restarting on its own while we are watching tv and it does this every 15-30 minutes. It's becoming extremely annoying. So basically after every 15-30 minutes it turns off and immediately turns right back on and the red light flashes as it turns back on. I opened up the unit, and all the wires seem to be secure. I called Samsung, they updated all firmware, ran their online "diagnostics" and are charging $70 to come out and diagnose the problem since it is out of warranty period. I was thinking fixing it on my own by maybe changing the power supply board. Any suggestions of what it could be? Anything will be appreciated!
post #2345 of 2355 Old 10-16-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparm View Post
I bought a Samsung 55" Led TV from BJ's about 2 years ago (Black Friday '13). Model# is UN55F6350AFXZA .. For past several months, its been restarting on its own while we are watching tv and it does this every 15-30 minutes. It's becoming extremely annoying. So basically after every 15-30 minutes it turns off and immediately turns right back on and the red light flashes as it turns back on. I opened up the unit, and all the wires seem to be secure. I called Samsung, they updated all firmware, ran their online "diagnostics" and are charging $70 to come out and diagnose the problem since it is out of warranty period. I was thinking fixing it on my own by maybe changing the power supply board. Any suggestions of what it could be? Anything will be appreciated!
Check to see if any of the capacitors are bulging on the top. When they start to go bad they will swell up (or leak).

Example
post #2346 of 2355 Old 10-21-2015, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparm View Post
I had this problem before and the problem went away when I isolated its power cord from other power cords. It was connected to a surge protector with 4 other pieces of AV equipment so I disconnected it for a full 24 hours to let it cool down and lose whatever residual power it had within it and then connected it directly to a wall outlet that had nothing else plugged into it. Hasn't restarted since.
post #2347 of 2355 Old 11-04-2015, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Hey guys.

I'm about to rearrange my living room and I'm going to take the opportunity to re-calibrate my 55F6300.

One thing I'm not happy about with this tv is that I feel the colors don't "pop" properly. Not oversaturated like Dynamic contrast mode, but actual contrast.

Has anyone used the LED Clear Motion rate setting? I know that when it's activated, it dims the picture noticeably, but has anyone calibrated their set for that dimming? If so, did it make an appreciable difference?

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #2348 of 2355 Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 PM

UN65F6300 problems, please help

Hey guys, been a long time since ive posted here. I am still enjoying a BenQ Projector I bought from here nearly 10 Years ago.

Ive tried searching but pretty much have been overwhelmed by the results both on here and via Google. I cant seem to pin down what the problem with this TV is.

as I said, its a Samsung 65" UN65F6300. I took a gamble and bought it off craigslist for 100 bucks. I talked the guy down from the 500 he wanted. Decided for 100 it was worth the gamble to see if I can fix it.

Here are the issues

1. No image. I did the flashlight test but I can not see any image being generated.

2. No backlight

3. No sound, I plugged a DVD player into HDMI 1 while the dvd was playing, hoping that maybe this TV would auto switch to that input. I used the remote to turn volume up but never heard anything. However I cant be sure it was on the HDMI 1 input as I cant see any image.

One issue I am unsure of is whether the LED indicator at the bottom right is on or off when the TV is turned on?

I took the back cover off to inspect the boards. As soon as I plugged the TV power in with the back off I saw that the T-Con board has blue LEDs that lit up as soon as as the power cord was plugged into the wall.

I then hit the power button and the red LED indicator at the bottom right came on, but the blue LEDs on the T-Con board then went off.

When I turn the TV back off, the Blue LEDs come back on, and the red LED indicator at the bottom right flashes 6 times.
It almost seems like I have the power cycle backwards but im unsure. Is the LED indicator at the bottom right supposed be be on or off when the TV is on??

I visually inspected the Power Board, I dont see any bulged, or blown capacitors. In fact they all look good.

I took the Main board, and the Power board off and inspected the back side of each, and they look fine.

Im kinda lost as to what to do, what parts I may need to replace.

From what I have read it seems that T-con problems usually relate to no image, or bad images, and as I said, I am unable to see any image.

I also get no backlight, so im leaning towards the Power Board on that issue.

Could I have both a bad T-con and a bad Power Board?

I was really hoping I would open this up and see a black mark or a swollen capacitor. But everything visually looks perfect as far as the circuit boards go.

Before I completed the deal with him I did give the TV a good inspection, the TV physically appears to be in great shape, Not a scratch on the screen or the Bezel. No indications it was ever dropped or mishandled that I can see. Physically it looks pretty much brand new.
post #2349 of 2355 Old 01-08-2016, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just an FYI I got a new firmware update (first one in a few months) 2 days ago which (unlike most updates we've had in the past) changed a number of obvious things relating to the SmartTV functionality. Now when you hit the SmartTV button in the middle of the remote, a new ribbon comes up on the bottom of the screen which shows recently used apps, but will eventually take you to the same old screen to select which app you want to run if you don't want to open any "favorites".

I like it because now I can get right to the couple of apps I use (including the web browser) with just 1 or 2 clicks, when it often used to take a lot more.

Also, the "Social TV" app is removed. Not sure what if anything else has changed.
post #2350 of 2355 Old 01-09-2016, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_bernstein View Post
Just an FYI I got a new firmware update (first one in a few months) 2 days ago which (unlike most updates we've had in the past) changed a number of obvious things relating to the SmartTV functionality. Now when you hit the SmartTV button in the middle of the remote, a new ribbon comes up on the bottom of the screen which shows recently used apps, but will eventually take you to the same old screen to select which app you want to run if you don't want to open any "favorites".

I like it because now I can get right to the couple of apps I use (including the web browser) with just 1 or 2 clicks, when it often used to take a lot more.

Also, the "Social TV" app is removed. Not sure what if anything else has changed.
I don't have my F6300 anymore but that sounds like the same way some of the 2015 models function when using the smart features. It is nice they are keeping the 2013 tvs up to date.
post #2351 of 2355 Old 01-12-2016, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_bernstein View Post

Yep. 2211 update was a nice surprise.
scott_bernstein likes this.
post #2352 of 2355 Old 01-16-2016, 11:25 AM

Liked: 12
Since firmware 2211 turning off the TV randomly does or doesn't send a power off command to the STB. Anyone else experience this behavior?
post #2353 of 2355 Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM

My experience with Firmware Ver.2211 is not good at all on my F6400 tv.

As someone on a F7100 thread described the picture quality, "dullness"/"fuzziness" described the picture quality quite well.

Even though my tv is a F6400, I'm posting here since this thread is far more active. On live Comcast set top box HDMI, brightness/sharpness and general P.Q. are slightly worse. My connection is strong and clean.

On the hub, I mostly use HBO GO and Amazon TV. Here the picture quality is really really bad. dull, fuzzy, dark... My connection is superb with 5GHZ, 802.11AC, strong signal and very high throughput. For reference, the TV performed great with Ver.2210.

I can only hope that Samsung monitors these threads and quickly changes back settings in their next update, that is if there are going to be further updates for the F series.
post #2354 of 2355 Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugsy5 View Post
My experience with Firmware Ver.2211 is not good at all on my F6400 tv.

As someone on a F7100 thread described the picture quality, "dullness"/"fuzziness" described the picture quality quite well.

Even though my tv is a F6400, I'm posting here since this thread is far more active. On live Comcast set top box HDMI, brightness/sharpness and general P.Q. are slightly worse. My connection is strong and clean.

On the hub, I mostly use HBO GO and Amazon TV. Here the picture quality is really really bad. dull, fuzzy, dark... My connection is superb with 5GHZ, 802.11AC, strong signal and very high throughput. For reference, the TV performed great with Ver.2210.
Sorry, not seeing anything like this on my 6300 series. Picture quality is exactly the same for me as it was prior to the update.
post #2355 of 2355 Old Today, 10:23 AM

Erm, is this problem only happening to me? 10-pt white balance appears available, but none of the sliders do anything visible (Of course w/ 2-pt sliders at default) (No changes detected by i1D3 either). For reference, the input is labeled "AV Reciever" and the picture mode is "Movie". Firmware is 2211, though it hasn't worked on 2207 or any firmware before, and I've tried factory resets. Is there something I'm missing?

SAMSUNG 40" F6300 - Denon AVR-X2200W - Region-Free LG BP340 BD Player w/ 1TB External HDD - Roku 3 - XRGB-Mini & Lumagen VisionHDQ (For scaling game systems) - Logitech Z623 Speakers - AV Famicom w/ RGB - SNES Mini w/ RGB & Digital Coax - N64 w/ HDMI - Playstation - Dreamcast - Gamecube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread