Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread. - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
post #2371 of 2386 Old 05-12-2016, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoDuke View Post
I can't for the life of me get the MLB.tv app to work on my Samsung UN75F6300. Has anybody else had problems and/or solutions?

I get a "Network Error" message. All other apps seem to work fine (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc..)

I can play it fine through my PS3. Just would love to save myself that extra step.
I have the same problem but its intermittent. It wont work for a few days then it will start working, then a few days later it doesnt work again and so on. So try it every day, you never know when it will or wont be working. Drives me friggin nuts.

I have been thinking of buying an XBox or PlayStation, do they both have the MLB app and I assume it works?

never take life seriously
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2386 Old 05-12-2016, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
I have the same problem but its intermittent. It wont work for a few days then it will start working, then a few days later it doesnt work again and so on. So try it every day, you never know when it will or wont be working. Drives me friggin nuts.

I have been thinking of buying an XBox or PlayStation, do they both have the MLB app and I assume it works?
Yes, both those platforms will support MLB/tv apps. I use it most on my kids old PS3 and I've used it a few times on his XBox One.

I've also used it with no issues on the first gen Chromecast, Amazon Firestick, and a Sony BLU-Ray player I bought on sale at Costco. I would also assume you could use a Roku device. Using the Sony BLU-Ray player or PS3 with a wired connection seems to be the most reliable.
yankeeman likes this.
post #2373 of 2386 Old 05-19-2016, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
There's a new firmware update available for our TV. It's version 2215. Anyone know what's changed?

post #2374 of 2386 Old 06-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I updated to 2215. The only difference I noticed is that the boot logo setting changed to on. I set it back to off but it reverts to on again.
post #2375 of 2386 Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 AM

A new update is out for our TV! It bumps up the version from 2215 to 2220.
post #2376 of 2386 Old 12-21-2016, 10:34 PM

I apologize for dragging up such an old thread but this is the only place I have found with people experiencing the same problem I have. I was given a 65" UN65F6300AF with the same problems as the people in the two posts below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatsk807 View Post
Hello friends,

My father in law has the Samsung UN65F6300 and bought it around Black Friday 2013 from Target and we hooked it up in January 2014 (after he moved into his new place). I own the same TV and bought it at the same time, but mine is the 55 version. I have had no problems with mine but he hasn't been so lucky.

For the past month or so he has been getting about half of his screen darker than the rest. I have attached photos that show what I mean. Does anyone know what the issue could be and what part may have failed to cause this? I thought it was a backlight issue but as you can see even with the backlight off the issue is still there. We've contacted Samsung but they've been less than helpful and told him even if he was still under warranty they still wouldn't help him (based on his description of the problem). They gave him the number of a repairman in the area but he's kind of far away and we don't want him to drive all the way out to just say the panel is bad and charge us for his time/opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyexists View Post
Hello,

I have the same problem as mentioned below. The bottom portion of the screen is shadowed and it flickers every 2-3 seconds. I contacted Samsung and have been referred to the ECR department. I will update with any kind of progress I make. In the meantime, does anyone know what the problem is? My problem is exactly the same as described below. I have the 60' F6350 purchased at Costco.

In summary, the problem is that the backlight is very dim in the top and bottom third of the screen and every 2-3 seconds the backlight in the bottom third will brightly flash. This is the only problem with the TV. All the inputs on the back function correctly, I have no problems with network connectivity or the smart features, and the speakers work perfectly. So my questions are, has anyone else had this backlight problem or something similar and how was it fixed?

I have already taken the TV apart and visually inspected the main board, power supply, and T-Con board. The main board and T-Con board did not have any obvious damage and looked completely fine. The power supply on the other hand did have a dark spot on the board where it looked like it had gotten hot but all the components, including the capacitors, looked completely fine. Samsung has already been contacted and because the TV is out of warranty they basically told us to go away. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
post #2377 of 2386 Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I cannot locate the answer to this. I have this TV and I am wanting to change my setup by hooking my BD and STB to the TV and then hooking the TV to the Sony Soundbar via ARC. When I hook it up like this, does this TV pass through 5.1 surround or does is downsample? I am finding answers that are all over the place.
post #2378 of 2386 Old 01-22-2017, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02 View Post
I cannot locate the answer to this. I have this TV and I am wanting to change my setup by hooking my BD and STB to the TV and then hooking the TV to the Sony Soundbar via ARC. When I hook it up like this, does this TV pass through 5.1 surround or does is downsample? I am finding answers that are all over the place.

It should pass through Dolby Digital or DTS this way just fine. Or PCM. However with your Blu Ray player, a lot of movies will be putting out Dolby TruHD or DTS HDMA which will not pass through the ARC via bitstream. Its probably best to set your BD player to LPCM to get the proper sound mix to the sound bar, which probably can't properly process that stuff anyway. Is this a 5.1 enabled Soundbar?

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #2379 of 2386 Old 02-09-2017, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a UN60F6300. Is there any way to get broadcast TV to automatically display 16:9 content in 16:9, and 4:3 content pillarboxed, to preserve aspect ratio? I haven't found a way, but my much older TVs of other brands can do it. The only options I have are 16:9, 4:3, Zoom 1, Zoom 2, and Smart View. Everything else is grayed out.

Shawn
post #2380 of 2386 Unread 03-04-2017, 02:29 PM
DTS

I'm having a really strange issue all of a sudden with picture quality.
The past month my PQ has been good, but nothing like it was. I thought maybe someone messed with my settings but I looked at my piece of paper I kept the settings and everything matched up.
I then checked Auto Motion Plus and I cant even get that 'soap opera' look any more. It usually looks '3D-ish' but not any more. It wasn't set to have that look, but I changed settings to make it look that way and it doesn't. It's like my picture stays the same.

I'm not sure whats going on here. I have latest FW which is 2220 I think?
My picture looks good, but honestly it looks DVD quality rather than HD
I changed my HDMI cable but wondering if this is TV, surround unit, or STB or all of the above.

post #2381 of 2386 Unread 03-04-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
I have a UN60F6300. Is there any way to get broadcast TV to automatically display 16:9 content in 16:9, and 4:3 content pillarboxed, to preserve aspect ratio? I haven't found a way, but my much older TVs of other brands can do it. The only options I have are 16:9, 4:3, Zoom 1, Zoom 2, and Smart View. Everything else is grayed out.
I know this reply is a bit late... but there is usually a pillar box setting on the cable box menu that takes care of this. Is it cable or OTA?
post #2382 of 2386 Unread 03-04-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I know this reply is a bit late... but there is usually a pillar box setting on the cable box menu that takes care of this. Is it cable or OTA?
OTA. Ended up giving the F6300 to my mom, but I guess not being able to automatically change aspect ratio to match the broadcast is a Samsung thing. The UN60KU6270 I replaced it with has the same issue. It's odd, the Sony LCD I had, and both Vizios I still have, can match aspect ratio to the broadcast.

Shawn
post #2383 of 2386 Unread 03-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
OTA. Ended up giving the F6300 to my mom, but I guess not being able to automatically change aspect ratio to match the broadcast is a Samsung thing. The UN60KU6270 I replaced it with has the same issue. It's odd, the Sony LCD I had, and both Vizios I still have, can match aspect ratio to the broadcast.
So, is the problem that the non HD 4:3 ratio OTA stations are unnaturally stretched to 16:9 and look weird?

I checked my UN50KU6300FXZA and it pillar-boxes non HD OTA stations fine. The picture is set to 16:9 Standard.

I also checked my UN75F6300 and it also properly pillar-boxes the non HD OTA stations. Picture size is set to 16:9. I.e, HD stations look great at 16:9 and the non HD stations are proper 4:3 aspect ratio with black bars on each side.

Perhaps it's the way the broadcaster is sending out their signal in your area?
post #2384 of 2386 Unread 03-05-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
So, is the problem that the non HD 4:3 ratio OTA stations are unnaturally stretched to 16:9 and look weird?

I checked my UN50KU6300FXZA and it pillar-boxes non HD OTA stations fine. The picture is set to 16:9 Standard.

I also checked my UN75F6300 and it also properly pillar-boxes the non HD OTA stations. Picture size is set to 16:9. I.e, HD stations look great at 16:9 and the non HD stations are proper 4:3 aspect ratio with black bars on each side.

Perhaps it's the way the broadcaster is sending out their signal in your area?
That is indeed the problem. My picture is also set to 16:9 Standard. I suppose it could be the broadcasters, but when I hold the middle button for more info (on the KU6270), it does say the channel is supposed to be 4:3. Sony and Vizio TVs don't have any trouble interpreting the aspect ratio flag from the broadcaster, nor does Windows Media Center on my HTPCs. The Samsungs are doing something different, at least for my local OTA channels.

Shawn
post #2385 of 2386 Unread Today, 01:08 PM
DTS

New FW:2225
Quote:
  • This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
  • The version is 2225.0
  • This firmware update will improve the following:
    - Solves Netflix loading issue
    - Solves Auto Off-On Issue
    - Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.
    - Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.
    - Improves Picture Quality.
    - Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.
    - Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.

post #2386 of 2386 Unread Today, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
New FW:2225
The new firmware also seems to have fixed the MLB.TV app problem I was having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread