AVS Forum banner

Official Samsung UN**F6300 series LED TV Owners Thread.

641K views 2K replies 536 participants last post by  bubbaganoush 
#1 ·
Greetings all, long time lurker since forgetting my old login formation for my old account used back in 2006 when I was trying to find my first HD TV and settled on a Sony KDF-E502000.

Anyway, flash forward to today and I'm looking at upgrading my TV to finally enjoy 1080p content on my soon to be Blue Player, Xbox 360 and upcoming PS4 or XBOX 720. My research today has led me to find a new TV model series just being launched by Samsung and the models just starting to hit the showroom floors. Samsung calls it the "6350" Series and seeings how its looking I may very well end up purchasing one, I decided to start an owners thread for it.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65F6350AFXZA

Features:

Smart TV

The Samsung Smart TV finds the movies and TV shows you like – and more.

S-Recommendation

Ask the TV for recommendations while you’re watching TV or visit the full S-Recommendation hub to find new things to watch.

Dual Core Processor

Dual Core makes multitasking fast. Browse the web and quickly download apps with Dual Core Processor.

Clear Motion Rate 240

A Clear Motion Rate of 240 is a remarkable level of motion-clarity. TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with in-depth sharpness, clarity and contrast. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology.

Wide Color Enhancer Plus

Enhances hues by expanding the color range for a more vivid experience especially beneficial when watching older film productions and non high definition content.
[/I]

4 HDMI Connections

High-quality single-cable digital audio/video interface for connecting the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD & Blu-ray Player, PC computers, PC portable devices, new-generation tablets, and devices featuring the HDMI output.

Built-in WiFi

With WiFi built right into the TV, no additional equipment is needed to connect with an existing wireless router in your home network and start browsing the web, accessing Samsung Apps or other Smart TV features.

AllShare

Allows your TV to wirelessly access and stream content from any compatible device, like a PC or mobile device. Share movies, photos, and music all through your TV. And with cloud technology, you can access and even share content away from home.

Eco Sensor

Samsung Eco Sensor measures the intensity of the light in the room and automatically adjusts the brightness of the image on the TV, for more intelligent energy management.

Swivel Stand

Set up your Samsung TV perfectly with the built-in swivel stand. Samsung Swivel stands allow you to turn your TV up to 10 degrees to the left or right to ensure you have a direct view of the TV no matter where you’re sitting in the room.

From what i've been able to gather in my research tonight, it seems the 6350 series has a few "upgrades" from the older 6000 series models, namely:

Dual Core CPU

Smart TV

Included Wi-Fi

Upgrades from all the other Samsung model appears to be the 4 HDMI ports vs 3 from the 2012 models.

Whats interesting is I found a new 60" model at my local Costco today while the website link only states a 40'' and a 65" model. The 6350 series are also appear to be NON 3D are BACK LED lit. Correct me if you see anything wrong in my information, im just stating what i've found so far in my research in trying to compare Samsungs models which is REALLY FRUSTRATING no thanks to their terrible website layout.

Pics from my Costco research and window wishing run.

See less See more
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC  /t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread#post_23177093

I guess maybe the F6350 is a club version for Costco and Sam's. So is there also an F6300 or similar model at Best Buy and the other big box stores?

And this particular model is not on Samsungs web site. Don't think I missed it. Both the 60" and 65" had mfg. dates of March 2013. I guess no price talk allowed? PM me if you want me to tell you prices.

Jeff

#8 ·
I bought the 55" version of this last weekend. I had previously purchased a Vizio 55" that looked like absolute crap so I returned it (thanks Costco for your 90 day return). And so far I love it.

The apps are awesome and you can even download additional apps so if you want to run Plex or other streaming apps you can do that. The built in media streaming app lets me stream from an SMB share and has support for .MKV files.

I'm still tweaking it but so for it's better than the Vizio and LG's that I had before.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrist  /t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread#post_23210891

I bought the 55" version of this last weekend. I had previously purchased a Vizio 55" that looked like absolute crap so I returned it (thanks Costco for your 90 day return). And so far I love it.

hows the viewing angle? does it wash out pretty quickly as move off center? it seemed better than average when i saw it at costco.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrist  /t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread#post_23210891

The apps are awesome and you can even download additional apps so if you want to run Plex or other streaming apps you can do that. The built in media streaming app lets me stream from an SMB share and has support for .MKV files.

I'm still tweaking it but so for it's better than the Vizio and LG's that I had before.

Good to hear. Im guess you don't do any console gaming? How are the black levels and lighting eveness?

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter520  /t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread#post_23211621

hows the viewing angle? does it wash out pretty quickly as move off center? it seemed better than average when i saw it at costco.

Viewing angle is much better than the Vizio (and LG before that). Viewing angle was one of the reasons I returned the other 2 sets. IMO it is better than most TV's I've looked at in this price range. Our TV room setup has seats on either side of the TV so this was an important factor in my decision.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n  /t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread#post_23212396

Good to hear. Im guess you don't do any console gaming? How are the black levels and lighting eveness?

We play a fair bit of XBOX 360 on this set. So far I think its awesome, great color and very smooth. As I said before, I'm still tweaking it and looking for someone out there that has some "best practices" settings.

#15 ·
Just picked up the 65" from Costco.

Standard mode looks pretty good but faces seem very orange on certain shows. For instance watched "Troy" the movie and this setting looked great. Then watched the news in HD and didn't look so hot.

However, in Movie mode the picture looks dull to me, blacks become grey, etc.

My wife wants me to digest the pic for awhile before running out to the Geek Squad for calibration. I haven't tweaked any settings and am looking forward to someone posting theirs. Every other TV I've bought I've been able to find the calibration settings online somewhere and copy them. Not this TV although I do realize its a new model.

Having said all that, has anyone dialed in their picture and able to post the settings?

Thanks in advance.

#19 ·
I also picked up this TV last night and am happy with it so far (i.e. no dead pixels like the previous two Samsung 65" I purchased). I do like the fact that it has an IR extender that plugs into the back of it, although the apps are fairly slow to load initially.

Also, for the Skype app you have to use a specific Samsung camera for the TV; I have a Microsoft USB camera that isn't recognized unfortunately.

I didn't recognize the panel version (I think it's an MS01?), but the picture quality is nice and vibrant. I'll be calibrating it tonight and am also interested in hearing what settings others have found work well!

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaybee08  /t/1467138/official-samsung-un-f6350-series-led-tv-owners-thread#post_23287467

Just picked up the 65" from Costco.

Standard mode looks pretty good but faces seem very orange on certain shows. For instance watched "Troy" the movie and this setting looked great. Then watched the news in HD and didn't look so hot.

However, in Movie mode the picture looks dull to me, blacks become grey, etc.

My wife wants me to digest the pic for awhile before running out to the Geek Squad for calibration. I haven't tweaked any settings and am looking forward to someone posting theirs. Every other TV I've bought I've been able to find the calibration settings online somewhere and copy them. Not this TV although I do realize its a new model.

Having said all that, has anyone dialed in their picture and able to post the settings?

Thanks in advance.

I recently bought the previous 6150 version (50") from Costco and think flesh tones have an orange cast, especially in darker scenes. I realize these are different model numbers, but the 6350 replaces the 6150 & I would not think there would be a lot of difference. I have seen other comments about Samsung's orange skin tones & I started a thread in an effort to find a way to adjust it. But so far no luck.

Glare is relative. I did not think it was so bad - until I got it home & compared it to my old Sony which has a nice flat matte screen. Samsung is pretty typical of glare with TVs having semi-matte screens. Sharp seems the best in this regard as I do not like reflections. But that is a personal preference.

I hope the 6350 is easier to correct the orange cast as I'll probably be returning the 6150.

#22 ·
Could anyone advise if there is a compelling reason to pay $200 between this year's new model vs the 6150. I know in technology, you're outdated the moment you leave the showroom. However in this case I'm just within the exchange window. Can't say I use the current smart tv (but perhaps of its current clunky state). Is that the only major change? If things were ideal I would love to figure out how to stream downloaded content from my laptop or old hp media smart server to the tv through the gui. But is that worth $200? Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#23 ·
I can't advise you directly on those two models, but I CAN tell you that I had an ES6500 last year and just bought an F6400 (the 2013 replacement), and it was definitely worth $200. The Dual Core Processor makes Smart Hub apps and web browser actually useable, and the horrible flashlighting and clouding are gone. Your laptop and HP will automatically and wirelessly detect your TV as soon as you put it on your network, and ask if you want to stream to it.

#24 ·
The 6350 is the Sam's Club/Costco version of the F6300. Its basically the same as the F6400 but without 3D and Micro Dimming, and with a 240 CMR (120Hz) instead of 480. It also doesn't have the 6400's Smart Touch Remote w/voice recognition, and Bluetooth and wireless "SoundShare" for other devices. As far as I can tell the F6350 is the same as the F6300.

On the F6400, black levels seem about the same as last year's ES6500, but lighting uniformity is vastly improved. Viewing angles are about the same as every other PVA/MVA I've ever seen, meaning not very good. It still looks OK from the side, but you can definitely see the contrast shift. I've never owned the top-of-the-line 7 or 8 Series, but as far as I know its just a limitation of *VA panels.

#25 ·
One more thing. I too was comparing the Samsung F6400/F6300 to the three 55" Vizios. Only one of the Vizios has 3D, and of the other two, one has a pathetic 200,000:1 contrast ratio. All three claim "120 Hz Effective" refresh rate, meaning 60Hz with SmoothMotion or whatever. I saw them all side-by-side with the lower end Samsung 5 series, and the Samsungs blew them away.

I really wanted one of the Vizios because 1) the best one is $500 less than the F6400, 2) I prefer passive to active 3D, and 3) I was hoping they were IPS panels and would have a better viewing angle. While they might be IPS (listed as 178-degree viewing angles), they just don't look like the Samsungs (contrast, color, etc.). The upcoming M Series might be better, but until then, the Vizios are $500 less than a comparable Samsung for a good reason.

#26 ·
I just picked up a 55 in 6350 last night. I bought the big Samsung sound bar as well. I was really disappointed that I couldn't operate the sound bar volume with the TV remote. It will turn off with it, but won't turn on with it. The sound bar appears to look for the TV, but the TV isn't doing the same. Picture-wise, it's great. I do notice some splotches when the screen is blank black, but not noticeable to me at least when it's showing video. The smart feature is meager to me. It starts with channel 1 and I watch the HD channels up near 1005 on the cable box and it takes a while to scroll there. I can program favorites, but when you go back to the Smart screen, it doesn't pick up with the channel you are on. It goes back to channel 1. Maybe I just need to fiddle with it. I found using the old STB guide easier. You tube looked great on it and streamed flawlessly on the wireless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.