minimum depth for wall mount - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-07-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my 60LM7200. I have it on it's stand right now but am looking to mount it to the wall with a low-profile, non-tilting mount. I see that there is a "bump out" along the bottom of the back. In the picture, the bump-out is at the bottom-center (The stand is on the left). As far as I can tell it extends 1 and 1/4 inch out from the bolt-holes for the mount. Therefore I need a mount that extends 1 1/4 inch or more. Is there a correct assessment? Or is a different minimum depth for a mount appropriate?

Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The most you would have to do with a low profile mount is get screws long enough to allow you to get past the bottom that sticks out. IF the wall mount screw is IN one of the portions that stick out than you just need to be concerened with spacing out top screw.

Be warned though a low profile mound makes it really difficult to hook up sources if they face the wall..same with working with the power cord.

I just bought this low profile mount for $14 from monoprice. Works great for my new Samsung UN55F8000. Probably 3/4" off the wall if that.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page