Samsung UNXXF6400 Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 875 Old 07-18-2014, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung UN75F6400. I never could set the contrast to optimal level. I have it for about 10 months.

I bought Disney WOW disk yesterday and it confirmed it. Before that i used the AVSHD disk from AV forum and i got same results. When i go to section for configuring the contrast, the "ideal star" in the middle is not even close to be "almost not visible". Or using AVSHD Disk only 4 last vertical bars i am able to make disappear. My contrast is at the 100%.
Do you have any idea how to fix this? All other settings i am able to configure just fine.

Do you think i have bad TV panel?

TY in advance

Dude seriously!

Last edited by emporio; 07-18-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 875 Old 07-26-2014, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emporio View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung UN75F6400. I never could set the contrast to optimal level. I have it for about 10 months.

I bought Disney WOW disk yesterday and it confirmed it. Before that i used the AVSHD disk from AV forum and i got same results. When i go to section for configuring the contrast, the "ideal star" in the middle is not even close to be "almost not visible". Or using AVSHD Disk only 4 last vertical bars i am able to make disappear. My contrast is at the 100%.
Do you have any idea how to fix this? All other settings i am able to configure just fine.

Do you think i have bad TV panel?

TY in advance
I came here to ask the exact same question. I'm newbie on this pattern thing, but I have two units of F6400(46" and 60") and neither of them can reach 235 white bar and consequently color clipping pattern also couldn't be fixed. I'm using AVS MP4 pattern, which I'm grateful for and have been very useful, but toying around with every setting found on F6400 and couldn't even begin to make White clipping pattern to work. Maybe its just a native problem of the model?

There is also White Balance and White Balance 10p options to work with on Samsung Movie Mode, but oddly enough It doesn't look like they relate to white level. I'm beginning to wonder if I should use that nasty Dynamic Contrast... The funny thing is, I'm using Movie mode for the patterns of course, but when I toyed around with a mode that makes colors look like a bad acid trip, the Dynamic Mode, usually understood to be over-contrasted, over-satured, and pretty much over-everything, white clipping came close to 235 level. Go figure that one...

So far I've just used some good blu-ray movies(Iron Man 3, Avatar, Man of Steel, Hunger Games Catching Fire...) to set the contrast subjectively. To my eye in a dark room and no bias lighting, pleasure level seems to be higher 70 or lower 80. Maybe it has something to do with the 120Hz panel used by Samsung doubling the 60Hz input signal with some odd cadence making 235+ bars part of the frame they shouldn't be?? I really don't know. I tried the same pattern on my Windows PC with LG E2260, an old low-end 60Hz TN monitor and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by Mozts; 07-26-2014 at 03:32 AM.
post #873 of 875 Old 07-26-2014, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastapapa View Post
Hello,
I have a PC (running XBMC & spotify) and cable hooked up to the hdmi inputs of the tv. I have the rca audio outputs from the TV going to the inputs of an old receiver to power two speakers. My question is that there are times when I just want the audio from Spotify to go through the tv and to my speakers, but not have the TV on. Whats the best way to darken or turn off the screen and still have audio playing through the rca audio outputs? I havent tried going into settings and just darkening it. I imagine that will work, but was wondering if there was another way.
There is a menu option specifically for turning the screen off. You can do so by going into the PICTURE menu option and scrolling down to SCREEN OFF. Simply choose this option and the screen will turn off but allow the audio to continue. Press any key on the remote except POWER or the VOLUME keys to turn the screen back on.
post #874 of 875 Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Is their any gaming settings anywhere guys? I'm not satisfied with the out of the box picture & I can't find any HD tv channels :\
post #875 of 875 Old 07-29-2014, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What combination of settings do I use to disable or minimize the annoying microdimming?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl32bx320 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh6000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page