Samsung UNXXF6400 Thread - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 897 Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung UN75F6400. I never could set the contrast to optimal level. I have it for about 10 months.

I bought Disney WOW disk yesterday and it confirmed it. Before that i used the AVSHD disk from AV forum and i got same results. When i go to section for configuring the contrast, the "ideal star" in the middle is not even close to be "almost not visible". Or using AVSHD Disk only 4 last vertical bars i am able to make disappear. My contrast is at the 100%.
Do you have any idea how to fix this? All other settings i am able to configure just fine.

Do you think i have bad TV panel?

TY in advance

Dude seriously!

Last edited by emporio; 07-18-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 897 Old 07-26-2014, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emporio View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung UN75F6400. I never could set the contrast to optimal level. I have it for about 10 months.

I bought Disney WOW disk yesterday and it confirmed it. Before that i used the AVSHD disk from AV forum and i got same results. When i go to section for configuring the contrast, the "ideal star" in the middle is not even close to be "almost not visible". Or using AVSHD Disk only 4 last vertical bars i am able to make disappear. My contrast is at the 100%.
Do you have any idea how to fix this? All other settings i am able to configure just fine.

Do you think i have bad TV panel?

TY in advance
I came here to ask the exact same question. I'm newbie on this pattern thing, but I have two units of F6400(46" and 60") and neither of them can reach 235 white bar and consequently color clipping pattern also couldn't be fixed. I'm using AVS MP4 pattern, which I'm grateful for and have been very useful, but toying around with every setting found on F6400 and couldn't even begin to make White clipping pattern to work. Maybe its just a native problem of the model?

There is also White Balance and White Balance 10p options to work with on Samsung Movie Mode, but oddly enough It doesn't look like they relate to white level. I'm beginning to wonder if I should use that nasty Dynamic Contrast... The funny thing is, I'm using Movie mode for the patterns of course, but when I toyed around with a mode that makes colors look like a bad acid trip, the Dynamic Mode, usually understood to be over-contrasted, over-satured, and pretty much over-everything, white clipping came close to 235 level. Go figure that one...

So far I've just used some good blu-ray movies(Iron Man 3, Avatar, Man of Steel, Hunger Games Catching Fire...) to set the contrast subjectively. To my eye in a dark room and no bias lighting, pleasure level seems to be higher 70 or lower 80. Maybe it has something to do with the 120Hz panel used by Samsung doubling the 60Hz input signal with some odd cadence making 235+ bars part of the frame they shouldn't be?? I really don't know. I tried the same pattern on my Windows PC with LG E2260, an old low-end 60Hz TN monitor and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by Mozts; 07-26-2014 at 04:32 AM.
post #873 of 897 Old 07-26-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastapapa View Post
Hello,
I have a PC (running XBMC & spotify) and cable hooked up to the hdmi inputs of the tv. I have the rca audio outputs from the TV going to the inputs of an old receiver to power two speakers. My question is that there are times when I just want the audio from Spotify to go through the tv and to my speakers, but not have the TV on. Whats the best way to darken or turn off the screen and still have audio playing through the rca audio outputs? I havent tried going into settings and just darkening it. I imagine that will work, but was wondering if there was another way.
There is a menu option specifically for turning the screen off. You can do so by going into the PICTURE menu option and scrolling down to SCREEN OFF. Simply choose this option and the screen will turn off but allow the audio to continue. Press any key on the remote except POWER or the VOLUME keys to turn the screen back on.
post #874 of 897 Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Is their any gaming settings anywhere guys? I'm not satisfied with the out of the box picture & I can't find any HD tv channels :\
post #875 of 897 Old 07-29-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What combination of settings do I use to disable or minimize the annoying microdimming?
post #876 of 897 Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 PM

Hi there!

I have a 40F6400 and i notice that the led, when its turned off, it reflects a lot of light. Is this normal? Does that neccesarily means that the tv have high amount of light reflections when its in use or the fact that the tv, when is turned off, its like a mirror doesn't neccesarily means that?

Does anyone notice the same thing when the tv its shut down?

Thanks
post #877 of 897 Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 AM

Liked: 0
Hello. I just sold my UE40F5300 that had the blue ghosting problem, lost some money in the deal, but my soul is at rest now. It had the low quality H panel from Sharp. I am looking now for a new tv, and i'm thinking of the 40F6400. I would like to check the Service Mode before I buy so I would like to know which panel should I look for. I assume A model panel, the one from Samsung. Is there anything else I should look for ?
Thank you in advance and hope you can clarify my problem. Sorry if the question has been asked before but a read all the pages in the last few days, but taking account that I really really lost a lot of money in this deal here in Romania, I would not like to get screwed again.
post #878 of 897 Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Been getting something weird happening I think even since I updated to version 1200 a few months back. While on either Component of HDMI 2 (not sure which one is causing it) the tv will power cycle. Just turn black, wait a couple seconds, and then turn back on. Not sure what is causing this. I will be moving my power plug from my cable box to my main outlet, but it has never happened before the update so it seems unlikely that this will be the cause. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
post #879 of 897 Old 08-14-2014, 06:28 PM

Unexpected Power Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Been getting something weird happening I think even since I updated to version 1200 a few months back. While on either Component of HDMI 2 (not sure which one is causing it) the tv will power cycle. Just turn black, wait a couple seconds, and then turn back on. Not sure what is causing this. I will be moving my power plug from my cable box to my main outlet, but it has never happened before the update so it seems unlikely that this will be the cause. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
Funny that you should mention this. The same exact thing just happened to me a few days ago while watching a movie through HDMI 2 (about 1.75 hrs into a 2.5 hr movie). I was just starting to research on this site and came across your post. First time this has happened. I'm also on firmware 1200, which was upgraded a couple of months ago. My receiver and DVR (PC) did not power down at all. I did recently see a notification banner for a couple of days on the top of the display but I don't recall it mentioning to expect a power-reset. Wondering if a change was made which forced a power-reset? Problem has not re-appeared since, to this point. I'm going to keep an eye on it and check other forums for other reports. Hopefully others will chime in as well.

Current Setup:  Samsung UN40f6400, Onkyo TX-NR717
post #880 of 897 Old 08-15-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-Jr View Post
Funny that you should mention this. The same exact thing just happened to me a few days ago while watching a movie through HDMI 2 (about 1.75 hrs into a 2.5 hr movie). I was just starting to research on this site and came across your post. First time this has happened. I'm also on firmware 1200, which was upgraded a couple of months ago. My receiver and DVR (PC) did not power down at all. I did recently see a notification banner for a couple of days on the top of the display but I don't recall it mentioning to expect a power-reset. Wondering if a change was made which forced a power-reset? Problem has not re-appeared since, to this point. I'm going to keep an eye on it and check other forums for other reports. Hopefully others will chime in as well.
It happened a few times over the span of a few weeks (I don't use my tv much but it was happening on HDMI2 when I was playing Xbox.)

Definitely come back here if you notice the problem again or see any news on it.
post #881 of 897 Old 08-15-2014, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
How do u get Freeview HD on? The tv supports it but it doesn't tune any in
post #882 of 897 Old 09-26-2014, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have the UNF6400 and my tv just started cycling on and off over the past week. Not sure why this happening. Can someone help me out on what the problem is and how I can fix it? This tv is only 15 months old.....it's driving me nuts. I appreciate any help on this!
post #883 of 897 Old 09-27-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock324 View Post
I have the UNF6400 and my tv just started cycling on and off over the past week. Not sure why this happening. Can someone help me out on what the problem is and how I can fix it? This tv is only 15 months old.....it's driving me nuts. I appreciate any help on this!
I've heard of this happening before with certain Samsung TVs. I can't believe this is still an issue. The only trouble shooting I've read about for it is to unplug the TV for 30 seconds and plug it back in and and to try updating the firmware to the latest version. However, the problem usually ends up being with blown or faulty capacitors on one of the boards inside the TV. The TV will probably need to be serviced or, if you're out of warranty and the adventurous type, some people have replaced the capacitors themselves. I know there are videos on Youtube dealing with this issue and how to replace certain capacitors, boards, etc. You may want to call Samsung first even if the TV is out of warranty and see if there is anything they are willing to do for you. I can't vouch personally for any of the capacitor fixes I've mentioned, I've simply read about them and seen videos on Youtube about them. I know I've heard of this On/Off cycling problem going on with Samsung TVs going back several years. I know I've read of a couple of other people post that they have had the same problem on this forum fairly recently and can't believe it's still happening. If you do get the problem resolved please post what you was required to fix the problem so others will know in case they run into the same issue.
post #884 of 897 Old 09-27-2014, 02:54 PM

I have my LG 3D BluRay running into an Onkyo TX NR-515 connected to my Samsung UN50F6400 and I have a stupid question.

It may sound crazy but I want to be able to get the TV's speakers to function at the same time the surround system connected to the Onkyo is on-line. I'm confused as to why the HDMI input from the receiver is not providing audio to the TV's speakers.

Thanks
post #885 of 897 Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock324 View Post
Is it happening all the time? I used to have it where the tv was on and then it would power cycle. Also had it where the tv was off and you could hear it turning on then off immediately (the red LED is an indicator)
post #886 of 897 Old 10-09-2014, 07:43 PM

Firmware 2203 is launched, anyone knows whats new in this versión?
post #887 of 897 Old 10-10-2014, 08:33 AM

This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
The version is 2203.1
This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Netflix loading issue

- Solves Auto Off-On Issue

- Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same changelog as the previous update. Not sure why they released it twice, maybe forgot to update the changelog, or they just dont care.

Last edited by shadowscott; 10-10-2014 at 08:45 AM.
post #888 of 897 Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi, I have an elderly Samsung LNA55A950, which I'm planning to sell and I was looking at the 75UNF6400 as a replacement, primarily for the upgrade in screen size. I'm wondering if the 6400 line would be better/worse/much the same in terms of black levels, off axis issues etc? The 950 has a fantastic PQ and black always looks black. I guess I'm asking if 6 years has generally improved Samsung TVs?
post #889 of 897 Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Hello!
I am very happy with my 5 months old 40F6400.
Is it me or since the last update the menu is snappier and the input lag is better in Game Mode?
Compared to my Benq E2400HD it's about +20ms, the Benq input lag is between 6 and 16ms max,so you could say it's somewhere between 26 and 36ms, better than the 40ms they got in a review.
Btw anyone got annoyed by the input lag or you can't feel it with games like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare?
I wonder if it's because of it or the game but with Evil Within targeting succefully an enemy is not easy, but again on the Benq it's the same.
In a review of this TV it ws recommended to decrease the Sharpness to 10 or lower, though I have found the textures in games are crispier and more detailed with Sharpness on 30 to 50, so dunno what to choose?
I kept the stock Accuweather app as the new one takes ages to load and is very slow.
post #890 of 897 Old 11-10-2014, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Has anyone updated to the latest firmware update 2204.3?
post #891 of 897 Old 11-10-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade1956 View Post
Has anyone updated to the latest firmware update 2204.3?
Geez there's another one? No I haven't.

EDIT: Seems the changelog is still the same as the old ones. No idea what these firmwares are actually doing. I called Samsung a few months ago the last time the firmware update came out and they don't know either. Terrible communication.
post #892 of 897 Old 11-10-2014, 12:24 PM

Here is why I am asking.
I have a question about the AMP and the new software update. (2204.3)
First of all I also noticed the more contrast look to it and the pictureclarity improvement from the last update (2203) seems to have changed.
My question is about the jerkiness of the AMP.
I have been watching TV with the AMP off because I didn't like the jerkinessthat would happen while watching with it on.
Last night after the update I thought I would try watching TV with it on andnoticed an improvement.
There was hardly any jerkiness.
Has anyone notices this improvement with the last firmware update (2203) or is it the latest update?
post #893 of 897 Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade1956 View Post
Here is why I am asking.
I have a question about the AMP and the new software update. (2204.3)
First of all I also noticed the more contrast look to it and the pictureclarity improvement from the last update (2203) seems to have changed.
My question is about the jerkiness of the AMP.
I have been watching TV with the AMP off because I didn't like the jerkinessthat would happen while watching with it on.
Last night after the update I thought I would try watching TV with it on andnoticed an improvement.
There was hardly any jerkiness.
Has anyone notices this improvement with the last firmware update (2203) or is it the latest update?
I will check my AMP settings when I get home. I assume i have it on (I think its set to Clear) which gives it OK quality without looking too "Soap Opera-y"
post #894 of 897 Old 11-11-2014, 09:43 AM

Update on the rev 2204.3.

Yesterday my wife waswatching a movie on one of the channels she likes and she said the jerkinesswas bad

she had to turn it off.

I had it set on "Standard".

Although most of the time it is watchable with a minimun jerkiness.

So I guess things haven't changed much, I am going to which back to "Clear"

Streaming, watching a live broadcast or watching a DVD still works well with AMP set to standard or custom (blur: 5, judder: 4).
post #895 of 897 Old 11-13-2014, 01:08 PM

I have not noticed a difference after updating. I still have it set to Clear.
post #896 of 897 Old 11-13-2014, 05:23 PM

Wow this update is awesome!
Looks like they finally unleashed the dual core CPU capabilities.
The new Accuweather app is way faster (even though still slow)
Input lag with PC seems better too, I can feel it by moving the mouse pointer, before the update I could tell it was very slightly slower than my PC monitor but now it feels exactly the same (Game mode)
If only they can flash HDMI 2.0 drivers to use 1080p 3D 60FPS in gaming in the next update
post #897 of 897 Old 11-20-2014, 10:38 AM

updates

I have UExxF6400 with firmware 2102. Where can one download proper update?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl32bx320 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh6000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page