Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 928 Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulrider View Post
I just updated my F6400 to Firmware 2204 and I went and checked to see if the Picture Off option was available under the Picture menu and it was. I tried it and it worked just fine on my TV. I know sometimes my Software Update option on my TV is disabled (grayed out) for a few minutes when I first turn the TV on. Eventually it does show up though. I've always assumed that was maybe due to the wi-fi connection taking a moment to get connected before the option will show up as available. I wouldn't think the same would hold true for the Picture Off menu option though. Have you gone back and checked it again a few times to see if it shows up as available?
My F6400 is with firmware 2126 and is current updated. I use the browser to listen to internet radio stations. I realized that if any SmartTV function is in use, the Picture Off the function is not available. I think, somehow, need to modify one of the options Auto Protection Time, for example 5 minutes, using a some haking procedure, or, maybe, there is some shortcut on the remote control to put Picture Off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033328671.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	401490   Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033456652.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	401498   Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033663893.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	401506   Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033843684.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	401514  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 928 Old 12-05-2014, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutuca View Post
My F6400 is with firmware 2126 and is current updated. I use the browser to listen to internet radio stations. I realized that if any SmartTV function is in use, the Picture Off the function is not available. I think, somehow, need to modify one of the options Auto Protection Time, for example 5 minutes, using a some haking procedure, or, maybe, there is some shortcut on the remote control to put Picture Off.
Your TV is NOT updated to the current firmware. Please update your TV to the newest firmware and see if the problem is fixed.
post #903 of 928 Old 12-05-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Your TV is NOT updated to the current firmware. Please update your TV to the newest firmware and see if the problem is fixed.
That's what I was going to mention. You are actually not up to date on the firmware. However, somehow I missed that you were using the web browser. I just went in and brought up the web browser and then went to the Picture Off function under the Picture menu and it is still unavailable (even with the current firmware). So, it looks like even if you do update to the latest firmware the option you want still isn't available with the browser open. Sorry. I'm not ware of any way to achieve what you want. I suppose they figure (incorrectly in this case) that if you have the web browser open you are looking at something on the screen and therefore don't allow the picture off function to work.
post #904 of 928 Old 12-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
That's what I was going to mention. You are actually not up to date on the firmware. However, somehow I missed that you were using the web browser. I just went in and brought up the web browser and then went to the Picture Off function under the Picture menu and it is still unavailable (even with the current firmware). So, it looks like even if you do update to the latest firmware the option you want still isn't available with the browser open. Sorry. I'm not ware of any way to achieve what you want. I suppose they figure (incorrectly in this case) that if you have the web browser open you are looking at something on the screen and therefore don't allow the picture off function to work.
When I activate the firmware update the answer is: "There are no new updates for you at the moment."
Thank you for playing my problem and confirm what I had thought.
I'm trying to find a way to change the values (just one) selectable parameter "Auto Protection Time". After all this equipment has a variation operating system from Linux (Android) or BSD Unix and therefore configurable.
If I can change this setting I will post here.
Thank you very much.
post #905 of 928 Old 12-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My warranty will be up in a few months, so I have a few questions whose answers will determine whether I go through the horrible process of trying to get repair/replacement from Samsung.

First, my display has four horizontal lines about 1/2" thick that span the whole screen. They look almost like rows of slightly darker pixels. They are most noticeable during vertical movement, or when displaying a light solid color. Strangely they almost disappear when in Game mode.

Also, on the left and right edges there are similar dark lines, but these are vertical and larger, extending about 4" from each side of the screen and spanning top to bottom.
post #906 of 928 Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketnis View Post
My warranty will be up in a few months, so I have a few questions whose answers will determine whether I go through the horrible process of trying to get repair/replacement from Samsung.

First, my display has four horizontal lines about 1/2" thick that span the whole screen. They look almost like rows of slightly darker pixels. They are most noticeable during vertical movement, or when displaying a light solid color. Strangely they almost disappear when in Game mode.

Also, on the left and right edges there are similar dark lines, but these are vertical and larger, extending about 4" from each side of the screen and spanning top to bottom.
If your question is whether or not you should get the TV repaired while still under warranty, I certainly would.
post #907 of 928 Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
If your question is whether or not you should get the TV repaired while still under warranty, I certainly would.

I agree 100%. If it's broken, get it fixed while it's under warranty.
post #908 of 928 Old 12-28-2014, 10:15 AM

Merry Christmas!
Since yesterday there is a new update 2128 for EMEA versions of 40F6400 but only on the update system of the TV, on the Samsung webpage they are still on 2127. I am trying to download it on TV but it's crazy slow.
I hope they will make non-Game Mode input lag faster, with Game Mode since last update it's perfect with all games.
Though I have a sort of '' bug'' with this TV, dunno if you experienced it:
-when using PC HDMI if you use sometime a resolution/hz the TV is not 100% compatible with, it will goes black for a minute, not responsive to any command and reboot like nothing happened!
I only experience this when I accidentally change resolution/hz, and in Tomb Raider game using 3D but I think this game change something in the resolution/hz when I change anything in the settings.
post #909 of 928 Old 12-29-2014, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hallo, I have updated my 40f6400 to fw 2xxx and in the section SMART HUB - MULTIMEDIA now there are "Most Popular" video in the web. With FW 1xxx there were the "last files viewed", this function was very useful to remind the last episode seen while watching series tv.
Do you know if It possible to set the function "Last files view" in th FW 2?
Thanks
post #910 of 928 Old 12-29-2014, 06:32 AM

Download speed was way better this morning from Samsung servers, it took me 40min to download 2128 instead of...8 hours!!
I didn't see something new in the menu, though Apps are back to the same speed as before 2126, meaning the new Accuweather app is damn slow to open and to browse.
Menus are back to stock speed too.
As for the PC input lag it's somewhere between 2126 and older FW, meaning if 2126 is 28ms and 2125 is 35ms, this new 2128 is 32ms.
I think I am gonna flash back 2126.
If only Samsung posts updates logs
post #911 of 928 Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Merheb View Post
Download speed was way better this morning from Samsung servers, it took me 40min to download 2128 instead of...8 hours!!
I didn't see something new in the menu, though Apps are back to the same speed as before 2126, meaning the new Accuweather app is damn slow to open and to browse.
Menus are back to stock speed too.
As for the PC input lag it's somewhere between 2126 and older FW, meaning if 2126 is 28ms and 2125 is 35ms, this new 2128 is 32ms.
I think I am gonna flash back 2126.
If only Samsung posts updates logs
How exactly are you able to flash back? If you are saying the lag comes back I'm not going to update. Can anyone confirm this?
post #912 of 928 Old 01-01-2015, 05:32 PM

Damn! I deleted the 2126 FW from my PC, I think you can downgrade FW by flashing it via USB
post #913 of 928 Old 01-06-2015, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just got a 50F6400 yesterday and it began doing reboots as I was looking through the APPS. Figured it was happening due to all the back and fourth through the APPS to read about them and/or download them. Well, after finishing with all that, (well, giving up on it, as the TV was rebooting quite frequently during this probably a few dozen times in the hour or so I was looking through APPS) I switched to my PS4 to see how the TV looked, since I don't have HD cable service. Probably 20 miniutes into the game (GTA5 BTW) the TV did a reboot. WTF.

Well, it was getting late, so I called it a night. This morning, it did it once while watching the morning news (hour worth of viewing) and then it's done it twice tonight.

This is actually my second 50F6400, as the first arrived with a busted screen. I'm tempted to contact Crutchfield to request a return number and try for TV number three, but after reading this, perhaps I'm better off calling Samsuung to have sevice done or go ahead and return the TV and buy something else.

I already bought a Vizio 4K and it had major issues with two of them, decided to return and not try for a third and instead opt for a "better" brand. Here I am, two TVs in again and issues.

F#%*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #914 of 928 Old 01-07-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weigel21 View Post
Just got a 50F6400 yesterday and it began doing reboots as I was looking through the APPS. Figured it was happening due to all the back and fourth through the APPS to read about them and/or download them. Well, after finishing with all that, (well, giving up on it, as the TV was rebooting quite frequently during this probably a few dozen times in the hour or so I was looking through APPS) I switched to my PS4 to see how the TV looked, since I don't have HD cable service. Probably 20 miniutes into the game (GTA5 BTW) the TV did a reboot. WTF.

Well, it was getting late, so I called it a night. This morning, it did it once while watching the morning news (hour worth of viewing) and then it's done it twice tonight.

This is actually my second 50F6400, as the first arrived with a busted screen. I'm tempted to contact Crutchfield to request a return number and try for TV number three, but after reading this, perhaps I'm better off calling Samsuung to have sevice done or go ahead and return the TV and buy something else.

I already bought a Vizio 4K and it had major issues with two of them, decided to return and not try for a third and instead opt for a "better" brand. Here I am, two TVs in again and issues.

F#%*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you update to latest FW?
Looks like some people got their reboots fixed with FW.
My reboots are only happening with PC games (HDMI) when I put a non compatible resolution or Hz (when changing 3D vision settings for example) , though I never had these problems with my old 32C530.
I am tempted to ask for a replacement as I am pretty sure they will not know how to fix it here in Lebanon, with a little chance they will give me the 40H6400 instead (or pay a difference and get a 4K 40''), BUT! how to show them the problem if they don't have a PC with a Nvidia GPU? They won't repair or swap the TV if they can't see themselves the problem
post #915 of 928 Old 01-07-2015, 05:41 PM

Yep, updated firmware upon setup, there's no firmware newer than what I have on it, at least here in the U.S.. Mine has done a reboot when trying to use APPS, while gaming, and while watching TV through our cable box. All of the devices are connected via HDMI, two of which bought at my local Radio Shack right after the TV arrived and I began initial setup. I've already gone ahead and notified Crutchfield of the issue so they won't be surprised if I call for a return number within the next 56 days.

As of now, I'm waiting on a call from a service tech, then we'll see how that goes. "IF" it's going to take over a month before a service tech can look at the TV, it's going back to Crutchfield, as I'm not about to have the TV serviced and lose my window to return the damn thing a few days later only to have the issue resurface shortly there after.

I know this isn't a terribly costly TV, but it's still the most I've ever spent on a TV and I'll be damned if I'm going to be spending over a grand for something that's going to cause me nothing but issues to the point where it's no longer useable.

Samsung has gone through the motions with me three times with nothing they have told me to do helping in any way.
post #916 of 928 Old 01-14-2015, 01:35 PM

Damn!
I can't downgrade the FW and now I am trapped with this crazy 2128 that not even Samsung websites have!
I discovered that Game Mode has now 2 picture modes: Standard and Entertain.
What the heck is ''Entertain'' in Game Mode???
Though it has even less settings than Standards which itself has less settings than in previous FW.
It looks like Samsung made a beta FW and launched it2 weeks ago, let's hope it won't be the last FW for our beloved 40F6400.
post #917 of 928 Old 01-19-2015, 02:24 AM

For PC Gamers!
I have found out a way to easily play(and work) at 75Hz on our beloved 40F6400 TVs.
Under Nvidia Control Panel choose:
-Display
-Change Resolution
-Customize
-You will then see the hidden resolutions with 75Hz refresh rate instead of 60, just choose them all.
-Apply and close Nvidia Control Panel.
-Right click anywhere on the Windows desktop and choose ''Screen Resolution''
-Advanced Settings
-Monitor
-Select 75Hz and apply.
Voila! You now have 75Hz and better input lag under Windows and Games
Games with Vsync ON now have max FPS of 75 instead of 60, these extra 15Hz really make a difference.
For Nvidia DSR users:
Disable DSR in the 3D section of the Nvidia Control Panel before doing the trick, don't worry the DSR resolutions will be present in the hidden resolutions menu and will be automatically enabled later on.

Still waiting for a FW 2129 to speed up apps, the bad news for me is that Samsung Levant website deleted the 40F6400 support page which had the FW so I can't update but OTA
Emailed them to ask why they deleted the support page and they answered me to go and see the closest support center LOL
post #918 of 928 Old 02-02-2015, 08:39 AM

Hello all, I have a Samsung UE65F6400 from 2013, and it was working fine until the other day. Now I have a dark horizontal band across whole 1/4 of the top of the screen. I am sending couple of photos attached.. Anyone know what could possibly be the cause? Power board model is BN44-00627A. I can order a new power board if that could be the cause...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16402357886_79701c9717_o.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	518913   Click image for larger version

Name:	16428338245_2f7f591a40_o.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	518921   Click image for larger version

Name:	16427402972_aecabe6a5e_o.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	518929  
post #919 of 928 Old 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwolf View Post
Hello all, I have a Samsung UE65F6400 from 2013, and it was working fine until the other day. Now I have a dark horizontal band across whole 1/4 of the top of the screen. I am sending couple of photos attached.. Anyone know what could possibly be the cause? Power board model is BN44-00627A. I can order a new power board if that could be the cause...
Could be a screen burnin, did you let the TV with a static image for hours?

A new FW 2129 was ready today, flashed it on the go as I couldn't stand the old laggy feelings of old FW the 2128 gave back.
Hurray! the app speed is back to 2126 level, now Accuweather new app is loading and browsing 5 times faster (though not very smooth).
Input lag with PC is back to 2126 FW scores too meaning perhaps under 30ms
post #920 of 928 Old 02-06-2015, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Merheb View Post
Could be a screen burnin, did you let the TV with a static image for hours?
No, it's a hardware failure... I have ordered a new power supply board and I hope it's that... If not it's the LED's, and I dont even want to think how much the repair will cost.
post #921 of 928 Old 02-14-2015, 04:09 AM

Any way to connect Bluetooth headset with this TV?
I have found the BT keyboard and mouse pairing options but no other BT devices
post #922 of 928 Old 02-14-2015, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
As far as I know therr is no way you can do it unless you buy one of these: Google "Avantree Bluetooth transmitter" (I can't post links yet).

From Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #923 of 928 Old 02-17-2015, 06:24 AM

NEW UPDATE 2206! (Feb 4th)

Anyone in US try it?

I see it on Samsung's site but I have not yet checked the version that the TV is actually reporting.
post #924 of 928 Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 AM

There is a new FW update 2130 but I will not take the risk to update and fall in a trap of slow menu like last time, my 2129 is the fastest till now.
I wonder why Samsung don't post changelog, is it so time consuming?
post #925 of 928 Old 03-24-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
NEW UPDATE 2206! (Feb 4th)

Anyone in US try it?

I see it on Samsung's site but I have not yet checked the version that the TV is actually reporting.
I just checked and my TV is reporting that 2207 is now available (I'm on 2204) but I haven't downloaded and run the update yet. But, like some other people are I'm sure, I'm a bit weary of updating if things are working properly. If anyone has updated to the most current FW please post and list your thoughts (good, bad, or otherwise).
post #926 of 928 Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM

Need info for 46F6800

So I have a 46 F6800 and didn't know where to go; running firmware version 2125.

Apart from a very minor issue* the TV seems perfect. I wonder what benefits will I get from a firmware update. The TV says version 2130 is available for download. I'm scared to update the firmware lol. I read Jeff Mehreb's posts he seemed pissed temporarily. I wonder if I can flash the firmware back to 2125 if I ever decided to go back.

*TV goes black and stops responding mostly during PC use or while switching HDMI sources via AV receiver. I hold the power button on the remote for like 20 seconds then the TV reboots. Happens once a day but doesn't bother me at all.

I believe its a set from Dubai. The local website doesn't even list 80% of the TVs and has no useful information which is why I'm confused.

I checked Samsung UKs website they have an upgrade for UE46F6800SBXXU whereas mine is UA46F6800ARXZN. Will this file work with mine? it says version 2104.2 on the website and its dated 23 FEB, 2015. I'm really confused!

Someone help me out.
post #927 of 928 Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't try if I were you to flash a firmware from another model. At best it doesn't work, at worst you brick it.

As far as I know , there is no way to downgrade after you updated.

From Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #928 of 928 Old Today, 12:27 AM

Okay well, what about the update option from within the TV, it says new update 2130 available.

Can any one tell me what kind of improvements I should expect? Should I even do the update since I'm really more than content with the TV and it's features.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl32bx320 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh6000
Gear in this thread