Forum Jump: 
post #901 of 907 Old 12-04-2014, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulrider View Post
I just updated my F6400 to Firmware 2204 and I went and checked to see if the Picture Off option was available under the Picture menu and it was. I tried it and it worked just fine on my TV. I know sometimes my Software Update option on my TV is disabled (grayed out) for a few minutes when I first turn the TV on. Eventually it does show up though. I've always assumed that was maybe due to the wi-fi connection taking a moment to get connected before the option will show up as available. I wouldn't think the same would hold true for the Picture Off menu option though. Have you gone back and checked it again a few times to see if it shows up as available?
My F6400 is with firmware 2126 and is current updated. I use the browser to listen to internet radio stations. I realized that if any SmartTV function is in use, the Picture Off the function is not available. I think, somehow, need to modify one of the options Auto Protection Time, for example 5 minutes, using a some haking procedure, or, maybe, there is some shortcut on the remote control to put Picture Off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033328671.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	401490   Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033456652.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	401498   Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033663893.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	401506   Click image for larger version

Name:	14177033843684.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	401514  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 907 Old 12-05-2014, 08:02 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutuca View Post
My F6400 is with firmware 2126 and is current updated. I use the browser to listen to internet radio stations. I realized that if any SmartTV function is in use, the Picture Off the function is not available. I think, somehow, need to modify one of the options Auto Protection Time, for example 5 minutes, using a some haking procedure, or, maybe, there is some shortcut on the remote control to put Picture Off.
Your TV is NOT updated to the current firmware. Please update your TV to the newest firmware and see if the problem is fixed.
post #903 of 907 Old 12-05-2014, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowscott View Post
Your TV is NOT updated to the current firmware. Please update your TV to the newest firmware and see if the problem is fixed.
That's what I was going to mention. You are actually not up to date on the firmware. However, somehow I missed that you were using the web browser. I just went in and brought up the web browser and then went to the Picture Off function under the Picture menu and it is still unavailable (even with the current firmware). So, it looks like even if you do update to the latest firmware the option you want still isn't available with the browser open. Sorry. I'm not ware of any way to achieve what you want. I suppose they figure (incorrectly in this case) that if you have the web browser open you are looking at something on the screen and therefore don't allow the picture off function to work.
post #904 of 907 Old 12-05-2014, 04:13 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
That's what I was going to mention. You are actually not up to date on the firmware. However, somehow I missed that you were using the web browser. I just went in and brought up the web browser and then went to the Picture Off function under the Picture menu and it is still unavailable (even with the current firmware). So, it looks like even if you do update to the latest firmware the option you want still isn't available with the browser open. Sorry. I'm not ware of any way to achieve what you want. I suppose they figure (incorrectly in this case) that if you have the web browser open you are looking at something on the screen and therefore don't allow the picture off function to work.
When I activate the firmware update the answer is: "There are no new updates for you at the moment."
Thank you for playing my problem and confirm what I had thought.
I'm trying to find a way to change the values (just one) selectable parameter "Auto Protection Time". After all this equipment has a variation operating system from Linux (Android) or BSD Unix and therefore configurable.
If I can change this setting I will post here.
Thank you very much.
post #905 of 907 Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My warranty will be up in a few months, so I have a few questions whose answers will determine whether I go through the horrible process of trying to get repair/replacement from Samsung.

First, my display has four horizontal lines about 1/2" thick that span the whole screen. They look almost like rows of slightly darker pixels. They are most noticeable during vertical movement, or when displaying a light solid color. Strangely they almost disappear when in Game mode.

Also, on the left and right edges there are similar dark lines, but these are vertical and larger, extending about 4" from each side of the screen and spanning top to bottom.
post #906 of 907 Old Today, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketnis View Post
My warranty will be up in a few months, so I have a few questions whose answers will determine whether I go through the horrible process of trying to get repair/replacement from Samsung.

First, my display has four horizontal lines about 1/2" thick that span the whole screen. They look almost like rows of slightly darker pixels. They are most noticeable during vertical movement, or when displaying a light solid color. Strangely they almost disappear when in Game mode.

Also, on the left and right edges there are similar dark lines, but these are vertical and larger, extending about 4" from each side of the screen and spanning top to bottom.
If your question is whether or not you should get the TV repaired while still under warranty, I certainly would.
post #907 of 907 Unread Today, 03:45 PM

Quote:
If your question is whether or not you should get the TV repaired while still under warranty, I certainly would.

I agree 100%. If it's broken, get it fixed while it's under warranty.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl32bx320 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh6000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page