Samsung UNXXF6400 Thread - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 937 Old 03-30-2015, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulrider View Post
I just checked and my TV is reporting that 2207 is now available (I'm on 2204) but I haven't downloaded and run the update yet. But, like some other people are I'm sure, I'm a bit weary of updating if things are working properly. If anyone has updated to the most current FW please post and list your thoughts (good, bad, or otherwise).
I do see this as well. The changelogs are complete BS as they always show the same exact "problems" that have been fixed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 937 Old 03-30-2015, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Game Mode for selected source?

Is there a way to keep the Game mode and Standard separate for each source? For example HDM1 for Gaming (Game Mode) and HDM2 Blu ray (Standard). The general mode seems to apply to all sources and having to change depending if I'm gaming or watching a blu ray movie is annoying.

Madvaz
post #933 of 937 Old 04-01-2015, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvaz View Post
Is there a way to keep the Game mode and Standard separate for each source? For example HDM1 for Gaming (Game Mode) and HDM2 Blu ray (Standard). The general mode seems to apply to all sources and having to change depending if I'm gaming or watching a blu ray movie is annoying.

Madvaz
Each HDMI source has independent settings, I have my PC on HDMI 1 (renamed DVI PC) and game mode is ON all the time on this source, when I switch to HDMI 2 which is connected to my HD TV Sat box it's not on Game Mode
post #934 of 937 Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yes this is what I'm trying to achieve but for some reason it's not sticking to each Source, even though I select apply to the current source. The picture settings I have set up for each source does stick, but the general system where you can turn the game mode off or on does not. I've read the manual and I know you can apply to all source, just a head scratcher why it's not saving per HDMI source.

Madvaz
post #935 of 937 Old 04-05-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr HQ View Post
I used these settings found elsewhere on the forum

POST CALIBRATION PICTURE SETTINGS

Picture Mode Movie Backlight 16 Contrast 93 Brightness 46 Sharpness 5 Color 50 Tint G50/R50 PIP Off ADVANCED SETTINGS

Dynamic Contrast Off Black Tone Off Flesh Tone 0 Color Space Custom White Balance (See Table) 10pt White Balance (See Table) Gamma 0 Expert Pattern Off xvYCC Off PICTURE OPTIONS

Color Tone Warm2 MPEG Noise Filter Off HDMI Black Level Low Film Mode Off AutoMotion Plus Off Smart LED Off Cinema Black Off WHITE BALANCE

R-Offset 24 G-Offset 26 B-Offset 25 R-Gain 23 G-Gain 26 B-Gain 24 10PT WHITE BALANCE

Interval Red Green Blue 1 -2 0 -3 2 0 1 -1 3 0 0 -1 4 0 -3 -5 5 -3 -4 -7 6 -4 -7 -10 7 -5 -7 -11 8 -2 -6 -10 9 0 -3 -5 10 6 1 -9 SCREEN ADJUSTMENT

Picture Size Screen Fit
I lowered the backlight to 15, brightness to 37, raised sharpness to 15.

I've been switching AMP from OFF to CLEAR but I think OFF is best.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck

Very nice, my picture quality is now way better than with lcdtvbuyingguide calibration, though what are the custom Color Space settings??
post #936 of 937 Old 04-13-2015, 04:49 AM

There is a new update for EMEA version of 40F6400 FW 2131
Upgrade File(USB type) All OS, 742.11 MB, exe, MULTI LANGUAGE
Version : 2131.0

Though no changelog at all, I wonder if I take the risk of installing a slower FW again, if only we could downgrade FW
post #937 of 937 Old 04-13-2015, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi all, I'm having some trouble with my remote for my UNF40F6400 TV. It's the remote with the touchpad on it and the microphone for voice activation options. Anyway, it fell on to a carpeted floor and the back popped off and the batteries came out. No big deal (so I thought). I put everything back together. However, after it was put back together the backlighting for the keys stays on permanently and the remote no longer works. I immediately took the back off thinking I had put one of the batteries in wrong (however unlikely) but no, the batteries were in correctly. I took the batteries out and of course the backlighting went out. I put the batteries back in and the backlighting came on and again, stayed on and nothing works. I thought perhaps one of the keys was stuck down so I went through pressing all the keys repeatedly hoping to jar one of them loose, no luck. I tried all the buttons including the power button and the "pairing" button on the back but no luck, the backlighting just stays on and the remote does nothing. I don't see any sort of "reset" button for the remote. Has anyone had this sort of thing happen or does anyone have any ideas short of buying a new remote? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Well, fast forward to later the same day. I had decided that since the backlight wouldn't off and the remote did't work anyway, that I'd just leave the batteries out of the remote for a while (maybe it would serve as sort of a "reset") and see what happens. A little while later, I put the batteries back in to see if there was any change. The remote seems to be working fine now. I had switched the batteries in and out half a dozen times when the problem first happened but leaving them out for several hours seems to have done the trick. The backlighting for the buttons has gone back to normal operation as have the other buttons at least the ones I've tested anyway.

Last edited by soulrider; 04-14-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46f6400 46 Inch 3d Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl32bx320 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46f6300 46 Inch Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50eh6000
Gear in this thread