Sigmac Assembled in the USA flat-panel televisions with China parts and LG panel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
LOS ANGELES, CA–(Apr 11, 2012) – Southern Products (OTCBB: SNPD), a new manufacturer of “Assembled in the USA” flat-panel televisions, announced today that it has signed an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) agreement with LG Electronics USA Inc., a major manufacturer of consumer electronic goods and parts, including flat panel glass used in LCD and LED televisions. This agreement allows Southern Products to buy high quality LG flat panels directly or through its Chinese component manufacturer and then use them in the manufacture and assembly of its line of Sigmac flat-screen televisions.

LG currently offers high quality television panels ranging in size from 32 to 55 inches, with an 84 inch panel expected to be available by the 3rd quarter of this year. These include LCD, LED as well as 3D models in most sizes. The panel resolution ranges from 720p to 1080p with cycles from 60 to 240 hz.

Never saw the brand before I read a cnet article about insignia tv where the author mentioned this brand
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57412366-58/get-a-55-inch-insignia-led-hdtv-for-$899.99/
Quote:
Southern Products, dba Sigmac USA, is a manufacturer of quality, mid-priced flat-panel televisions and peripherals for distribution through big-box retailers in the US. The Company currently has a product line of 21 flat-panel models in production, and has entered into large-scale distribution agreements with Fry's Electronics, Target, K-Mart, Costco.com, Tiger Direct and Walmart.com for the sale of Sigmac-branded flat-panel televisions and peripherals in North America. The Company is a fully-reporting public consumer electronics company incorporated in the state of Nevada and trading on the Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board

http://www.hughsnews.ca/sigmac-sources-tv-panels-from-lg-electronics-0033325

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/southern-products-inc-enters-into-an-oem-agreement-with-lg-electronics-otcbb-snpd-1642393.htm

http://www.sigmacusa.com/index.html

http://www.hughsnews.ca/sigmac-sources-tv-panels-from-lg-electronics-0033325
John4721 likes this.

The Soviet people feared the KGB was watching them through their TV's ........or listening to them through their radios, so they kept them turned off often when they wanted privacy .

Now the NSA/ DHS are in fact watching us with our computers cell phones surveillance cameras drones,satellites etc !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Good to hear. I like that they're using LG panels. The Element brand also assembles some of its TVs in the US. I think Element uses *VA panels, not sure who's.

Anyways, I like the direction this is heading.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Only problem is these 2 brands are widely known for performance, reliability ,warranty, customer support and design issues according to feedback from professional reviewers and customers alike .
What grade of LG panels do they use ? Panel may be be different than what LG uses in their sets.
Also the quality of boards and board component level quality may not be that good

.Does not matter where it made, assembled or what panel is in it if it's a crappy set it's all moot.
I suspect they are made from cheaply made knock down kits.
Detroit used to do that with cars and export the kits tailored to specific regions.

Anyone can assemble inferior parts and sell the finished product .

OTOH the Element TV's seem to be getting good reviews from cnet, hdtv universe
and some customers but they have been around awhile also .
Some Element TV's are made by Hisense a large fairly well known brand overseas
and the current manufacturer for Best Buy Dynex and Insignia TV's
Other Element models are said to be from
from Compal or TCL .

Compal makes some Sony and Toshiba models as well. TCL is a large well known brand
overseas as well . Both TCL and Hisense are large Chinese global OEM manufactures
both are expanding their Own brands in US this year . Further some of the larger Element models are assembled in the US from Chinese parts
Link 1
Link 2

I just replaced the power supply capacitors in a Dynex set that failed just past two years. I bought
a Toshiba to replace it way better set better picture as well .
The Dynex had all no name parts in it. I put several Panasonic Low ESR caps in it only costs
80 cents apiece at Mouser it works fine but now it's an extra set . The Panasonic caps
are probably the best parts in there now!

Southern Products, the parent company of the Sceptre and Sigmac TV brands has
no known known officers only an an Agent named Edward Wang.
So the company is a little opaque at best. especially since they don't manufacture but only assemble.
I saw a Scepter at Wally World not a very good picture and overall build quality wasn't that good.

When I was shopping for a TV and comparing sets.
LG picture while quite good (better than Dynex,Insignia Westinghouse, Sceptre and and the other
discount brands) did not match quite Samsung ,Sony or Toshiba but it was good.

I ended up buying a Toshiba for that room . I've had very good luck with
Sharp,Toshiba and Sony in the past but even the Toshiba can't match my big plasma picture.
I don't know what panel is in the Toshiba ( they do make panels though ) it's a good picture .

The Soviet people feared the KGB was watching them through their TV's ........or listening to them through their radios, so they kept them turned off often when they wanted privacy .

Now the NSA/ DHS are in fact watching us with our computers cell phones surveillance cameras drones,satellites etc !

User Tag List