About to Purchase 55LM7600, coming from a Pioneer PDP-4271HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had the Pioneer PDP-4271HD for about 6 years now. Great TV, no complaints but the LG 55LM7600 has really caught my eye at clearance prices. Coming from a 6 yr old Plasma, is there anything I can expect to loose? By purchasing the LG, is it all upside? Sorry for the newbie questions, just want to make sure I am make the right decision. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
The LG won't have as deep black levels and may have some flashlighting due to it's being an edge lit design. On the other hand it will be significantly brighter, run much cooler, and use much less electricity. LGs are capable of really gorgeous color and excellent fleshtones once adjusted properly. The black level characteristic can be made significantly less noticeable if you don't watch in a totally dark room. If you get one with too much flashlighting just return it, there is no adjustment or repair for this problem. I happen to own a similar LG in the 47" screen size and lucked out with almost 0 flashlighting--I love it. I was aware of the flashlighting bugaboo (common on all edge-lit led/lcd sets) and was fully prepared to return it for a Panny plasma if mine had it but that hasn't been necessary. I much prefer the passive 3D as used by LG in their led/lcd sets to the active 3D used on all plasmas.

Steve S.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrave7 View Post

I've had the Pioneer PDP-4271HD for about 6 years now. Great TV, no complaints but the LG 55LM7600 has really caught my eye at clearance prices. Coming from a 6 yr old Plasma, is there anything I can expect to loose? By purchasing the LG, is it all upside? Sorry for the newbie questions, just want to make sure I am make the right decision. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I just upgraded from the 4270 Pioneer. It was the best you could buy at the time, but the black levels on a budget LCD are better these days. My Pioneer was plagued with DSE too, so it was all upside for me.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks all. I picked up a new 55LM7600 at Fry's over the weekend for $1199. I have the CNET calibration settings in right now. Love this TV so far.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page