Official Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE757U, LC-80LE757U and LC-60LE757U Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 226 Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

I will email geek squad and see if they can send it! Thanks! If they do, I will gladly post smile.gifsmile.gif

Would like to see this as well, my set gets delivered tomorrow! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 226 Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 AM

Liked: 11
So I got my LC-60LE757U yesterday and it is awesome! From build quality to picture it is truly a step up from the Vizio M-series I will be returning. The tough part now is finding some good picture tweeks. They are so many more settings!

I tried a few of the built in AV modes, got the picture and colors looking great, in Dynamic but only trouble is getting the background smooth and clear. Best I can describe it as "grainy" or pixilated , all the while the main image lets say faces are sharp and clear.

Any ideas on what setting would fix this?

Of the default AV setting the one that seems to be the best with this issue is "Auto" but most features are grayed out. Auto also looks amazing on cartoons/animated content.
post #93 of 226 Old 08-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony37x View Post

So I got my LC-60LE757U yesterday and it is awesome! From build quality to picture it is truly a step up from the Vizio M-series I will be returning. The tough part now is finding some good picture tweeks. They are so many more settings!

I tried a few of the built in AV modes, got the picture and colors looking great, in Dynamic but only trouble is getting the background smooth and clear. Best I can describe it as "grainy" or pixilated , all the while the main image lets say faces are sharp and clear.

Any ideas on what setting would fix this?

Of the default AV setting the one that seems to be the best with this issue is "Auto" but most features are grayed out. Auto also looks amazing on cartoons/animated content.

The Movie AV mode is the one that makes all the picture controls available. It also defaults the color temperature to the warmest setting (which is the most correct). So I recommend starting with this AV Mode.

Robbin
post #94 of 226 Old 08-15-2013, 02:23 PM

Liked: 10
Does anyone know the difference between the LC-70LE755U and the LC-70LE757U
thanks
post #95 of 226 Old 08-15-2013, 05:20 PM

Same except that the lesser model 755 series does not have the Aquamotion 480 whereas the 757's do. I think that's about it. Think the lesser versions are sold at discount stores. (Costco, Best Buy, etc.)
post #96 of 226 Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 PM

Thanks
I just bought the 757 on Walmart.com for 2197
post #97 of 226 Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post

Just got the Sharp Aquos LC-80LE757U this week. Absolutely love the picture, happy out of the box, not technically savvy enough with calibrations.
Then you factor in the pricing, just an amazing deal........
post #98 of 226 Old 08-19-2013, 01:02 PM

Does anyone know if the LC-70LE755U supports 5.1 pass through? I have a sonos playbar and I'm thinking of getting a couple of play 3's for the rear speakers, but if the TV doesn't do 5.1 pass through from the HDMI then I don't see much of a point.

Can't seem to find the answer to this out on the internet. Any help would be most appreciated.
post #99 of 226 Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 PM

I'm trying to decide between a 70 inch 847 and 757.I know it's a year older, but figured it it was a higher tier it might perform better. The price is about the same. Anyone had any experience comparing the two? Also, not that I think I'd use it much, but do both have 2d to 3d conversion?
post #100 of 226 Old 08-19-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBuck View Post

I'm trying to decide between a 70 inch 847 and 757.I know it's a year older, but figured it it was a higher tier it might perform better. The price is about the same. Anyone had any experience comparing the two? Also, not that I think I'd use it much, but do both have 2d to 3d conversion?

The 757 series has the same functionality as the 847, but the 757 has Bluetooth active 3d glasses, and is more app happy. The 3d glasses for the 757 have a 100 hour battery - unknown if the battery is a user replaceable item. The 757 series also has "Thunderous 35W Audio".
It's always a good idea to download the manual and take a look though it to see the features and operation of the set. Both do have 2d to 3d conversion.

lc70le847

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC-70LE847U-Class-Quattron-Smart/dp/B0076LY7UK

I prefer the brushed metal finish ot the 847 - it looks high end compared to the 757.

lc70le757

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC-70LE757-70-inch-Aquos-Quattron/dp/B00BJFS6M4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376952200&sr=1-1&keywords=sharp+lc-70le757+70-inch+aquos+quattron+1080p+240hz+smart+led+3d+hdtv

The picture quality is excellent on my 847 - check it:

Disney - African Cats

Oblivion

Spears & Munsil intro

I've had my 847 for a little over a year now, and am pleased with its performance. If I had to choose between televisions, I'd stick with the 847. I don't use the apps, I have a pc connected with a wireless mouse and keyboard. I bought this to use as a large pc monitor and television, and it's working quite well as designed. I also prefer the larger, rechargeable 3D glasses for the 847. Just my 2.5 cents.
post #101 of 226 Old 08-19-2013, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehprince View Post

Does anyone know if the LC-70LE755U supports 5.1 pass through? I have a sonos playbar and I'm thinking of getting a couple of play 3's for the rear speakers, but if the TV doesn't do 5.1 pass through from the HDMI then I don't see much of a point.

Can't seem to find the answer to this out on the internet. Any help would be most appreciated.

Check the manual - odds are pretty good that it works this way across the 7 series:
http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/Manuals/tel_man_2013_fullline.pdf

Digital Audio (Dolby Digital/DTS compatible): The optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, and USB ports on the LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI or RCA.

Analog Audio: The television features a 3.5mm (minijack) audio output for connecting the television to an analog 2-channel receiver. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (119MCON2M, sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your soundbar speaker or AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminals will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.

ARC (Audio Return Channel) Function: The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.

Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 1 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
post #102 of 226 Old 08-19-2013, 10:45 PM
cbo

I picked up the Sharp LC-60LE757 last week and so far I've been pretty happy with it. Has anyone else experienced an issue with a constant horizontal sliver of back light bleed in the lower left corner? Whether the screen is light or dark it's always fairly noticeable. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
post #103 of 226 Old 08-20-2013, 05:05 PM

Myoda,

Thank you for your response, quick question, in your text below I was reading the following:
Quote:
The audio from the TV's tuner, network connection, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. HDMI and analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.

Does that mean that the HDMI will not support the 5.1 pass through?

Thanks
post #104 of 226 Old 08-21-2013, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehprince View Post

Myoda,

Thank you for your response, quick question, in your text below I was reading the following:
Does that mean that the HDMI will not support the 5.1 pass through?

Thanks

Good question. I can check for you when I get home.
post #105 of 226 Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 AM

I just received mine a few weeks ago. Fast moving objects appear to distort. The colors are amazing and overall picture quality I like but the constant skipping or artifacting is bothering me especially with people. Anyone else notice this? I've tried some of the suggested picture settings with no luck.
post #106 of 226 Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

I will email geek squad and see if they can send it! Thanks! If they do, I will gladly post smile.gifsmile.gif

Wired1- have you been able to get the Calibration .pdf file from the Geek Squad?
Thanks, Gerry
post #107 of 226 Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 AM

Hi All,

I just picked up the 60LE757U this weekend and have been tearing my hair out trying to disable the "motion enhancement". I started out with the settings in the OP with the exception of "motion enhancement" in the off position since the high refresh rate and Soap opera effect bothers me quite a bit. However, even in the off position, it is still present. I tried switching to different AV modes and found that PC, GAME, and Standard does allow me to completly disable all motion enhancement, however the colors are not as good as MOVIE mode. So can someone please clarify if there is a way to reduce the soap opera effect in movie mode? I have tried off, 120 low, 120 high, 240 aquomotion, and 480 aquomotion and none will allow me to completely disable motion enhancements to have the look and feel of a "normal tv".

Thanks
post #108 of 226 Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuzigen View Post

Hi All,

I just picked up the 60LE757U this weekend and have been tearing my hair out trying to disable the "motion enhancement". I started out with the settings in the OP with the exception of "motion enhancement" in the off position since the high refresh rate and Soap opera effect bothers me quite a bit. However, even in the off position, it is still present. I tried switching to different AV modes and found that PC, GAME, and Standard does allow me to completly disable all motion enhancement, however the colors are not as good as MOVIE mode. So can someone please clarify if there is a way to reduce the soap opera effect in movie mode? I have tried off, 120 low, 120 high, 240 aquomotion, and 480 aquomotion and none will allow me to completely disable motion enhancements to have the look and feel of a "normal tv".

Thanks

Try turning off Film Mode. It's under Advanced in the Picture Settings menu.

Film Mode (3:2 pull-down)
This function provides high-quality playback of
images originally encoded at 24 frames/second,
such as films.
Advanced: Adjusts effect to reduce judder from fi lm
contents. You can select a desired level of judder
reduction from 0 to +10.
Standard: Plays back images with equal display
time for each frame, reproducing movie theater
experience.
Off: Normal viewing mode.
post #109 of 226 Old 09-02-2013, 07:49 AM

Hi,
Have the LC80LE757 for a week now. Tried post#1 setting with bad RED blooming or over saturated.
So play around with the settings and I settle with the followings.. hope this can help someone having the same issues like I do. By the way thank you posting the settings and having this thread everybody.
My setting is by eye and using colour and contrast pattern from the DVD essentials disc.
I am posting the Movie and User of my settings here:

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: std
Contrast: +23
Brightness: -3
Color: +1
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: 0
G: 0
C: 0
B: 0
M: 0

C.M.S. -Saturation

C.M.S. -Value

Color Gamut Range: Expanded

Color Temp: Low

[10 Point Setting Off]
R Gain (LO): +10
G Gain (LO): -2
B Gain (LO): -19
R Gain (HI): -5
G Gain (HI): +4
B Gain (HI): -9

[10 Point Settings: No adjustment]

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Quad PIxel Plus 2: off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -1
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off

AV MODE: USER
OPC: Off
Backlight: std
Contrast: +23
Brightness: -3
Color: -13
Tint: +10
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue

C.M.S. -Saturation

C.M.S. -Value

Color Gamut Range: Grey out

Color Temp: Low

[10 Point Setting Off]
R Gain (LO): +10
G Gain (LO): -2
B Gain (LO): -19
R Gain (HI): -5
G Gain (HI): +4
B Gain (HI): -9

[10 Point Settings: No adjustment]

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Quad PIxel Plus 2: off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -1
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off

The Butcher
post #110 of 226 Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 PM

Thank you so much, turning off "film mode" did the trick and now the picture looks amazing.
post #111 of 226 Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuzigen View Post

Thank you so much, turning off "film mode" did the trick and now the picture looks amazing.

No problem. The only time I ever engage film mode is the rare occasion I load a tape into my seldom used VCR...eek.gif
post #112 of 226 Old 09-12-2013, 02:57 PM

Does anyone have a good 3D specific calibration? My kids and I have been watching a fair number of animated movies in 3D. While the main characters look great often times the backrounds are blurry. Having played with the settings a bit I can't seem to correct it. I wanted to ask some others before replacing my HDMI cables or looking at other hardware problems. I have the LC70LE757U, HDMI through an onkyo AV reciever from a samsung blu-ray player.
post #113 of 226 Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The blurriness is part of the 3D effect on many films. You are supposed to have your eyes focused on the in-focus image and allow the effect to proceed from there.
The only way for everything to be in focus on a live-action film is to have the camera aperature set very narrow to get higher depth of field.
This will cause images to look flat, which works against the 3D effect, so the filming is often done with wide aperature.
Even some animated features now blur the backgrounds on 3D films to enhance the depth sensation.
Here is my setting for 2D and 3D on a slightly different model:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444684/sharp-lc-70le845u-calibration-including-3d

It may be a starting point for your own adjustments.
post #114 of 226 Old 09-25-2013, 11:30 AM

Liked: 12
just got the LC-60LE757U on extended warranty exchange for a LC-60LE832U (2011) that developed a bad panel.
looks pretty good right out of the box, glad about that, as was the first Quattron.
will also get calibration done as part of the exchange but I did have to re-purchase the extended warranty.
will follow thread for tips, thanks to those that posted settings as starter values, I think each unit is different enough
that all settings are not equal.
post #115 of 226 Old 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc57 View Post

just got the LC-60LE757U on extended warranty exchange for a LC-60LE832U (2011) that developed a bad panel.
looks pretty good right out of the box, glad about that, as was the first Quattron.
will also get calibration done as part of the exchange but I did have to re-purchase the extended warranty.
will follow thread for tips, thanks to those that posted settings as starter values, I think each unit is different enough
that all settings are not equal.

I am toying with the 757u in the 70 version. Been comparing it to the 70 Sony and Vizio. There just is not alot of information out there
on the 757u which is making it a hard decision frown.gif. Any thoughts that you have after a few days usage and calibration would be very
welcome!
Thanks, Gerry
post #116 of 226 Old 09-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post

I am toying with the 757u in the 70 version. Been comparing it to the 70 Sony and Vizio. There just is not alot of information out there
on the 757u which is making it a hard decision frown.gif. Any thoughts that you have after a few days usage and calibration would be very
welcome!
Thanks, Gerry

sometimes not hearing anything is good....these threads are full of complaints, happy people are watching their units.
tested the 3D and my wife thinks it's awesome, I have vision issues that prevent total appreciation of 3D.
3D glasses I got are NOT the rechargeable ones, the model number is the same as the US delivered ones but no USB cable
and battery is replace only (100 hrs rated), once again Canadians get shafted
post #117 of 226 Old 09-26-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc57 View Post

sometimes not hearing anything is good....these threads are full of complaints, happy people are watching their units.
tested the 3D and my wife thinks it's awesome, I have vision issues that prevent total appreciation of 3D.
3D glasses I got are NOT the rechargeable ones, the model number is the same as the US delivered ones but no USB cable
and battery is replace only (100 hrs rated), once again Canadians get shafted

I do agree- you really need to "read between the lines" on a lot of posts and sometimes NO news is a good thing. But positive posts and
initial settings are really nice too smile.gif.
Gerry
post #118 of 226 Old 09-26-2013, 04:24 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know what internet browser is xxLE75xx series using?

Thanks!

post #119 of 226 Old 09-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b8gdan View Post

Hi all,

Does anyone know what internet browser is xxLE75xx series using?

Thanks!
I seem to recall it was Opera, have a look here: (note, it's a EU site)

http://www.sharp.eu/cps/rde/xchg/eu/hs.xsl/-/html/aquos-net-plus.htm
post #120 of 226 Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 PM

My LC-70LE757 was delivered today and was defective. The delivery guys didn't want to stick around until the channel programming was done - I don't totally blame them, as the process can be lengthy - and that's when we noticed it. There is a four inch dark vertical band left of center. I was a little disappointed as this is my first Sharp tv since 2005. I have purchased ten Samsungs in between... did not go with Samsung this time because they don't make a 70", and their large sets are too expensive in comparison. This is also the first tv I've ever had any kind of major issue with and that is over 20 sets going back 20 years. Guess I was due for a lemon at some point. It's probably better that it happened right away and not a few months down the road.

The store of purchase was accommodating in facilitating the return order and getting started on sending a new one. Now to wait till the middle of next week for a replacement...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp He Lc 60le757u Aquos 60 Inch 3d Led Smart Tv , Sharp He Lc 70le757u Aquos 70 Inch 3d Led Smart Tv , Sharp 80 Inch Lc 80le757u Aquos Led
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page