Official Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE757U, LC-80LE757U and LC-60LE757U Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 226 Old 04-13-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just received the new Sharp LC-70LE757U last week. Got it before Sharp even had the product page up!

A small down side is there is minor flashlighting on black screens and washing out on side viewing, but that is to be expected with a panel at this price point. If I wanted perfect, I would have spent 7 grand instead of 2500 for a 70 inch or got a 65 inch plasma. smile.gif But since there are news stations on the screen much of the day, Plasma was out of the question.

Despite the shortcomings (they are avoidable since I view from center and keep the backlight low while viewing movies anyhow) I have found the picture to be stunning and very accurate.

After a week of calibrating, I have found these settings to be ideal and as close to ISF as possible.

Edit 5/9/13: I have updated calibration settings. Looks MUCH better than my first shot at it:

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: +5
Contrast: +34
Brightness: -1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: +10
G: 0
C: +8
B: 0
M: +4

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: +1
Y: -6
G: -2
C: -2
B: -8
M: +1

C.M.S. -Value
R: +5
Y: +5
C: -7
B: +8
M: 0

Color Gamut Range: Standard

Color Temp: Low

[10 Point Setting Off]
R Gain (LO): +3
G Gain (LO): +5
B Gain (LO): -2
R Gain (HI): +4
G Gain (HI): +6
B Gain (HI): -10

[10 Point Settings: No adjustment]

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High (240 and 480 resulted in a darker degraded picture)
Quad PIxel Plus 2: off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -1
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
mujeffhappy and zalaram2 like this.

We are all Private Ryan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 226 Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM

Liked: 15
Amused, thanks so much for you're review. What is you're impression of the reflection and brightness of this set. Also how's the audio on this, as I've heard about some audio delay issues. I appreciate your opinions
post #3 of 226 Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 PM

Liked: 10
I just bought the Sharp lc-60le757u and really like it. I can verify that there is a av sync issue, but if you feed your receiver from the hdmi or the optical out from the set the delay is corrected. I can't find anyone who has good picture settings (tried the ones by Amused and was not pleased), -the set runs hot on the yellows out of the box and there are SOOO many options. If anyone has some success getting this set to have natural flesh tones please post your picture settings, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
post #4 of 226 Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychod2 View Post

Amused, thanks so much for you're review. What is you're impression of the reflection and brightness of this set. Also how's the audio on this, as I've heard about some audio delay issues. I appreciate your opinions

It has a mat screen, but still has a little reflection in bright light. The mat, like all mat screens, just shows a blurry reflection of the room rather than clear.

The screen has the ability to be blazingly bright (especially in the dynamic mode). But I have it set quite a bit lower so the picture is correct.

No idea about any audio delays. I run my audio to an AVR directly from my sources. The few times I did hear sound from the TV I was too busy trying to get the sound down to zero to notice any delays. smile.gif

We are all Private Ryan.

post #5 of 226 Old 04-14-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svoltmer View Post

I just bought the Sharp lc-60le757u and really like it. I can verify that there is a av sync issue, but if you feed your receiver from the hdmi or the optical out from the set the delay is corrected. I can't find anyone who has good picture settings (tried the ones by Amused and was not pleased), -the set runs hot on the yellows out of the box and there are SOOO many options. If anyone has some success getting this set to have natural flesh tones please post your picture settings, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I found the yellow too high as well, thought my settings corrected that. Maybe the 60 uses a different panel than the 70? Those settings on mine look absolutely stunning. Demoing The Fifth Element, the color accuracy as was nice as any ISF calibrated set I've owned. It really came out that good.

Movie mode is the only one that allows you to choose the standard color gamut, The rest all have that grayed out and the extended color is atrocious. Try leaving all those settings, but change these:

C.M.S. -Saturation

B: -7

Quad PIxel Plus 2: Off

Tell me if that helps with the yellows.

BTW, my backlight setting of +5 is for a dark room. I turn it up to +11 or more when it's daytime and the blinds are open.

We are all Private Ryan.

post #6 of 226 Old 04-14-2013, 05:29 PM

Looks better, but everything seems under saturated.
post #7 of 226 Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Try turning up the color a few notches

I have noticed all properly calibrated TVs appear under saturated compared to factory color. That why manufacturers do that, to be the brightest most colorful TV on display. Too bad that's not accurate.

Have you seen an ISF calibrated TV before?

We are all Private Ryan.

post #8 of 226 Old 04-15-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:

I see both of the posters above have said that if I run my audio via HDMI via the AVR I shouldn't have a problem? I currently run all my sources through my Denon-1913, so I'm curious, does the AV sync only happen when you listen to the sound via the internal speakers? The reason I'm concerned so much with this, is that my current set a LG plasma has really bad audio delays, and I had to adjust the delays from the receiver, but with my previous LG LCD I had no problems. Not like this is a deal breaker, but I just didn't want to go into the same problem with a new set.

I will say, I'm evaluating this set and the 60" TC-P60ST60 form Panny. I have seen both sets in the store (HHGregg) and both look really nice. ( I have been following the ST60 posts ) I enjoy comparing the 2, as this is a significant investment and will probably be my TV of the future for awhile.
post #9 of 226 Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 PM

Hi...Just purchased the LC-70LE757U. Very impressive tv. I mainly use the set for watching sports, baseball/football/golf. As mentioned before, the yellows were a bit heavy, so I tried the settings listed by Amused, looks great now! Thank you for sharing. I used all your settings except the color temp, I used mid-high, and made no changes to the 10 point settings.
post #10 of 226 Old 05-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Liked: 12
I'm considering this TV, although I will probably purchase the 7500 from Sams Club as I believe they are basically the same TV.
What is the motion blur like when watching soccer or ice hockey? Now you've had your TV for a few weeks do you have any regrets? I'm looking for a 70" and at this price the alternative would be the Sony R550.
post #11 of 226 Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 188
I am also considering those two sets. What exactly are the differences between the 757 and the 745? Just the yellow pixel?
post #12 of 226 Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerednai View Post

I'm considering this TV, although I will probably purchase the 7500 from Sams Club as I believe they are basically the same TV.
What is the motion blur like when watching soccer or ice hockey? Now you've had your TV for a few weeks do you have any regrets? I'm looking for a 70" and at this price the alternative would be the Sony R550.

The motion blur is noticeable on the puck when at top speed across the ice. (Go Kings Go!) I set it at 120, 240 and 480 and no noticeable difference in the puck blurring, so the TV stays at 120. Other wise, panning scenes in movies and TV shows are pretty clear.

I have updated calibration settings. Looks MUCH better than my first shot at it:

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: +5
Contrast: +34
Brightness: -1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: +10
G: 0
C: +8
B: 0
M: +4

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: +1
Y: -6
C: -2
B: -8
M: +1

C.M.S. -Value
R: +5
Y: +5
C: -7
B: +8
M: 0

Color Gamut Range: Standard

Color Temp: Low

[10 Point Setting Off]
R Gain (LO): +3
G Gain (LO): +5
B Gain (LO): -2
R Gain (HI): +4
G Gain (HI): +6
B Gain (HI): -10

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High (240 and 480 resulted in a darker degraded picture)
Quad PIxel Plus 2: off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -1
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
ptwat likes this.

We are all Private Ryan.

post #13 of 226 Old 05-09-2013, 05:44 PM

I have the 60" and notice NO motion blur on anything unusual and I am used to a Samsung plasma. Love the set, don't regret anything. The only thing is that you will have to adjust the picture settings manually which can take some time. In the end the picture looks just as good, if not better then my Samsung plasma.
post #14 of 226 Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I have the 60" and notice NO motion blur on anything unusual and I am used to a Samsung plasma. Love the set, don't regret anything. The only thing is that you will have to adjust the picture settings manually which can take some time. In the end the picture looks just as good, if not better then my Samsung plasma.

Well, unless you watch Hockey, you probably wont see any motion blurring. I only see it on the puck when sent across the ice at full speed. And that may well be a camera issue and not my TV. smile.gif

We are all Private Ryan.

post #15 of 226 Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 PM

Anybody have the 80 inch 757? In the market for an 80 and have been waiting on the Vizio M series to come out but am just about tired of waiting. I checked out the 80le757 and the 80le650 in the store today and thought they looked pretty nice. It seems you can get the 757 for close to what you would pay for the 650 on the web which sounds like a good deal to me.
post #16 of 226 Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused View Post

The motion blur is noticeable on the puck when at top speed across the ice. (Go Kings Go!) I set it at 120, 240 and 480 and no noticeable difference in the puck blurring, so the TV stays at 120. Other wise, panning scenes in movies and TV shows are pretty clear.

Do you mean 120? If I understand correctly, the 757 is native 240 so why would you want to dial it down to 120? The software is there to push it up to 480 so I can understand why you would want to turn that off.
post #17 of 226 Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM

I was looking at the 7500 in Sams Club and it looks great, but there is no 3D. I'm not sure I'm really going to use the 3D, but given the price difference between the 7500 and 755/757 I may as well opt for one of the 3D sets.
http://www.sharpusa.com/Product/Compare.aspx?models=LC70C7500U,LC70LE755U,LC70LE757U
I see the 755 (Best Buy model) also doesn't have the AquaMotion 480..
Its rather annoying as I would have liked to purchase it from Costco to get the extra years warranty.
post #18 of 226 Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM

I've had the LC-70LE757U for about a week now. So far I am loving it (upgraded from a Samsung PN58C7000) and it is really bright. I had a few clouds in the middle of the screen that I managed to massage out but I still have very noticeable light bleed from the top left and bottom right corners. Is this common or does someone on here have a set that does not have this bleed? I'm guessing it is possible to get a set where this is not a problem considering the other two corners do not have this issue.
post #19 of 226 Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

I am about to pull the trigger on the 857u, the new 80 inch model.

Best Buy will do it for a price match of $4100 so that seems like a plan!

Hopefully I love it as much as I think I will smile.gif

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
post #20 of 226 Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Well, I bought it. BB matched a price of $4034.22 for the 80 inch 857u smile.gif

Looking forward to my video wall wink.gif

post #21 of 226 Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

Well, I bought it. BB matched a price of $4034.22 for the 80 inch 857u smile.gif

Congratulations! That's a great price.

Robbin
post #22 of 226 Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by omobeanz View Post

I've had the LC-70LE757U for about a week now. So far I am loving it (upgraded from a Samsung PN58C7000) and it is really bright. I had a few clouds in the middle of the screen that I managed to massage out but I still have very noticeable light bleed from the top left and bottom right corners. Is this common or does someone on here have a set that does not have this bleed? I'm guessing it is possible to get a set where this is not a problem considering the other two corners do not have this issue.

I thought Flashlighting in all 4 corners was pretty much a given with these sets. I'm surprised you have two corners that are dark.

Robbin
post #23 of 226 Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbinMerritt View Post

Congratulations! That's a great price.

Thanks!! smile.gif

post #24 of 226 Old 05-26-2013, 11:41 PM

Just bought the 70". Love it.
post #25 of 226 Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM

I purchased the 70" yesterday but haven't had a chance to open the box and get it set up. I also purchased the 70" R550a SONY last week but was not impressed with it. I'm hoping that this TV will be better. Here's hoping for not a lot of flash lighting (which seems like an inevitability).
post #26 of 226 Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM

Liked: 13
I'm torn between getting a projector or a 75 - 80 inch tv. How are the viewing angles on the new Sharps? They specify 170ish degrees, but is that the 'great' picture angle or the 'yes you can tell the set is on' angle?

And has anyone tried the 3d yet? How is the ghosting? We love 3d at our house on our old Mitsubishi.

Thanks for any info!!!!
post #27 of 226 Old 05-29-2013, 12:30 PM

I set up the TV last night and it's way better than the SONY that I purchased. Out of the box it was looking great. I actually don't mind the standard setting as I found Amused settings had muted reds. I upped the colour but it increased everything.

1. In the standard setting I've had to drop the colour to -10. Is that a bad thing? Does that mean I need to calibrate somewhere else? In standard the reds are really saturated.
2. I'm having the opposite affect with Amused's settings where the reds are too muted. Is there a place I can just increase red saturation? I bumped up colour but it didn't help a whole lot.

I'm guessing for points 1 and 2 I need to look into the C.M.S. -Saturation. Oh, I also didn't touch:

[10 Point Setting Off]

because I changed the temperature to medium. Should I still make the 10 point settings or is that specific to the LOW temperature?

As for flashlighitng and backlight bleed I have nothing around the side just four spots around the middle which I'll have to live with since it seems this is just something that happens with LED TVs these days.
post #28 of 226 Old 05-29-2013, 06:56 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post

Which store or site did you use to PM to?
post #29 of 226 Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychod2 View Post

I see both of the posters above have said that if I run my audio via HDMI via the AVR I shouldn't have a problem? I currently run all my sources through my Denon-1913, so I'm curious, does the AV sync only happen when you listen to the sound via the internal speakers? The reason I'm concerned so much with this, is that my current set a LG plasma has really bad audio delays, and I had to adjust the delays from the receiver, but with my previous LG LCD I had no problems. Not like this is a deal breaker, but I just didn't want to go into the same problem with a new set.

I will say, I'm evaluating this set and the 60" TC-P60ST60 form Panny. I have seen both sets in the store (HHGregg) and both look really nice. ( I have been following the ST60 posts ) I enjoy comparing the 2, as this is a significant investment and will probably be my TV of the future for awhile.

I run the TV through a Pioneer receiver and I've noticed a bit of AV delay. I think I've set the Pioneer to have a 4.5 frame delay. Is that normal? My receiver is about 5 years old and this is the first time I've had a 120Hz TV. Would I need a newer receiver that works better with a higher refresh rate TV? I'm just having a difficult time getting the delay to be exact and would rather not have this delay.
post #30 of 226 Old 05-31-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omobeanz View Post

So I sent this one back and the replacement is perfect. Absolutely no bleed or clouding.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp He Lc 60le757u Aquos 60 Inch 3d Led Smart Tv , Sharp He Lc 70le757u Aquos 70 Inch 3d Led Smart Tv , Sharp 80 Inch Lc 80le757u Aquos Led
Gear in this thread