Samsung UE55ES8000 vs UE55F8000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

After a depth review, I'm buying a Samsung 55" panel and I don't know if it's worth the 800€ extra which cost the F model. The only changes are one more HDMI, improvement from 800Hz to 1000Hz and a few changes in Sound, but I'm using an amplifier + 5.1 so they're not important for me.

I'd be glad if you can recommend me a tv to buy, maybe it's a bit risky to buy the top model as next yesr maybe 8000 series have 4K support... But on the other hand, the obsolescence of the ES model is bigger thsn the F. What should I do??

Finally, do you recommend me a media player to play MKV files? I'll watch usually BDRemux and 1080p movies, and a few 3D as well... Or the player inside Samsung's tvs is enough?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2013, 08:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Hi Alex, I bought and own the UN55ES8000. I could still exchange it for the F8000. It depends on how picky and vunerable you are to what other people say. Are You one of those people that can't stand to live with buyers remorse ? What I mean by that is are you one of those people right after you buy something you wish you would of bought something else ? Are you one of those people that after you own something a couple of months and all through the 2 month period you say to yourself I could Have the F8000 if I didn't try to save some money or I should have bought the F8000 ? If your this type of person You better buy the F8000.

Are you the type of person who knows that most of the inprovments you will never notice on a day to day basis ? Are you the type of person who knows that most of what your paying up for can only be seen with a electronic test device ? Are you the type of person that knows when you play a BluRay movie you will never notice the difference unless you want your mind to ? If your this type person buy the ES8000.
alexbarreras likes this.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

post #3 of 7 Old 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Liked: 11
Lol glenee well said
post #4 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Great response, thanks!

And about the media player? Do you think Samsung's media player is enough or it's worth to have a separated media player for 3D, BDRemux, etc?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 07:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarreras View Post

Great response, thanks!

And about the media player? Do you think Samsung's media player is enough or it's worth to have a separated media player for 3D, BDRemux, etc?
I can't Help you here, I have never used it.

Nothing's Perfect So Stop Expecting It ! Glenee

post #6 of 7 Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarreras View Post

Hi all,

After a depth review, I'm buying a Samsung 55" panel and I don't know if it's worth the 800€ extra which cost the F model. The only changes are one more HDMI, improvement from 800Hz to 1000Hz and a few changes in Sound, but I'm using an amplifier + 5.1 so they're not important for me.

Thanks!

I wouldn't be so sure those are the only changes.
I've heard/read that some of the changes are they fixed the flash lighting, clouding and uniformity issues. That's an improvement in pq!
They have upgraded the processor too. They claim better voice/hand experience with the f8000. Different remote also.
I'd dig a little more into what changes have been implemented. I feel the F8000 is a much better set.

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #7 of 7 Old 06-07-2013, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Also, you may want to look at both units and compare fit and finish if that matters to you. There IS a difference between the overall build quality and appearance(of the TV exterior) between the two models.

If you can look at them both in a store and play with the remotes..look at the uniformity of the 2 and see if you notice things like clouding/banding. These things have been improved on the F8000 but if you are one of the lucky ones and don't notice those things then you might want to save the money and get the ES.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000 , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page