Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by magogian View Post

Doug,

Also, how is your flashlighting?

I'm not seeing any. I thought I saw some flashlighting in the first day I had it, but since then I'm not seeing any. The picture is quite good even before getting a calibration dialed in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 277 Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Just curious...what is the normal amount of flashlighting to expect from an LED set? Especially a 2nd tier LED like the 7500? I am coming from a Panny plasma, so I am not used to the flashlighting, even in the smallest amount.

My UN60F7500 has a bit of flashlighting when using 3D playback that is hardly noticeable when in 2D. In 2D, it is more of a VERY faint glow in the corners, so I wouldn't even consider it an issue (but please let me know if this isn't normal). It's the 3D playback that has me curious, as it is definitely more noticeable, but I'd say it's still not hugely bothersome.

In 3D, the flashlighting is similar to this (this is a stock image--not my actual TV, but very close to being representative):

I am told that flashlighting gets better with time. Why is this? I just got my TV 3 days ago, so maybe it will get better...?
post #93 of 277 Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsprings View Post

Just curious...what is the normal amount of flashlighting to expect from an LED set? Especially a 2nd tier LED like the 7500? I am coming from a Panny plasma, so I am not used to the flashlighting, even in the smallest amount.

My UN60F7500 has a bit of flashlighting when using 3D playback that is hardly noticeable when in 2D. In 2D, it is more of a VERY faint glow in the corners, so I wouldn't even consider it an issue (but please let me know if this isn't normal). It's the 3D playback that has me curious, as it is definitely more noticeable, but I'd say it's still not hugely bothersome.

In 3D, the flashlighting is similar to this (this is a stock image--not my actual TV, but very close to being representative):

I am told that flashlighting gets better with time. Why is this? I just got my TV 3 days ago, so maybe it will get better...?

I've owned three 7500 and all had the same issue with 3D. In 2D the problem isn't that noticeable but 3D the TV must up the intensity of the LED and thus accentuate all the panel flaws. I was curious to know if the issue had been addressed in the F series but apparently not. Yet another reason why passive is preferred over active.
post #94 of 277 Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, digimat. Could you clarify what you mean by the below?
Quote:
Yet another reason why passive is preferred over active.

I'd love to hear what other people have to say as well. I just want to make sure this is not a defect but rather a standard with LED TV's so I can know if I need to exchange the TV or not for another one.
post #95 of 277 Old 07-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsprings View Post

Thanks for the reply, digimat. Could you clarify what you mean by the below?

I'd love to hear what other people have to say as well. I just want to make sure this is not a defect but rather a standard with LED TV's so I can know if I need to exchange the TV or not for another one.

Because Acitve 3D uses tinted glasses that dims the picture the TV must compensate but jacking up the light throughput resulting in the issue you're talking about.
post #96 of 277 Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 AM

I am also deciding if I should get a 55F7500 (vs. Sony 55W802a)... My major concern is the input lag for gaming. (will use the TV for PC and xbox360) I read in the official F7100 thread that there is a guy returned his F8000 to a F7100 because of very high input lag on F8000!! (80ms+ even on game mode!!). Does the F7500 performance closer to F8000 or F7100 in this aspect?
post #97 of 277 Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealAvus View Post

I am also deciding if I should get a 55F7500 (vs. Sony 55W802a)... My major concern is the input lag for gaming. (will use the TV for PC and xbox360) I read in the official F7100 thread that there is a guy returned his F8000 to a F7100 because of very high input lag on F8000!! (80ms+ even on game mode!!). Does the F7500 performance closer to F8000 or F7100 in this aspect?

I'm also interested in hearing some feedback on the game mode. I have my Xbox 360 & PC connected to my TV. I'm perfectly fine with the lag on my LNT-4061F right now, so I don't want anything that has worse input lag.
post #98 of 277 Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 PM

I just ordered the 60" and would greatly appreciate any advice from members here on connecting it to my DTV DVR, Blu-Ray, and AVR. My system includes the following components:
Samsung UN60F7500 (on the way)
Samsung BD-F5900 Blu-ray (on the way)
Current generation DirecTV DVR (not the genie)
Elite VSX-74TXVi (old one that I've had since '06)

My question is what is the best way to connect the components so that I can still get 5.1 sound passing through my AVR from all sources (Blu-ray, DTV, Smart Apps in the TV like Amazon or Netflix)?

My old setup had the Blu-ray and DTV receiver connected to the AVR through the two HDMI inputs in the AVR and then one HDMI output from the AVR to the TV, which was basically just a monitor with no speakers. This worked great. My concern though is that if I set the new TV up the same way, how would I get 5.1 sound from the streaming apps like NetFlix to the AVR?

Would I need to change the entire setup and connect the Blu-ray and DTV directly to the TV via HDMI and then use either some type of optical or HDMI audio out on the TV and pass that to the receiver? If so, I've heard rumors that Amazon Instant will only play in stereo and not 5.1? Also, does it make a difference if I use optical or HDMI to get the sound out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i tried to figure this out in some other threads but didn't have much luck.

Cheers.
post #99 of 277 Old 07-13-2013, 08:48 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowski View Post

I just ordered the 60" and would greatly appreciate any advice from members here on connecting it to my DTV DVR, Blu-Ray, and AVR. My system includes the following components:
Samsung UN60F7500 (on the way)
Samsung BD-F5900 Blu-ray (on the way)
Current generation DirecTV DVR (not the genie)
Elite VSX-74TXVi (old one that I've had since '06)

My question is what is the best way to connect the components so that I can still get 5.1 sound passing through my AVR from all sources (Blu-ray, DTV, Smart Apps in the TV like Amazon or Netflix)?

My old setup had the Blu-ray and DTV receiver connected to the AVR through the two HDMI inputs in the AVR and then one HDMI output from the AVR to the TV, which was basically just a monitor with no speakers. This worked great. My concern though is that if I set the new TV up the same way, how would I get 5.1 sound from the streaming apps like NetFlix to the AVR?

Would I need to change the entire setup and connect the Blu-ray and DTV directly to the TV via HDMI and then use either some type of optical or HDMI audio out on the TV and pass that to the receiver? If so, I've heard rumors that Amazon Instant will only play in stereo and not 5.1? Also, does it make a difference if I use optical or HDMI to get the sound out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. i tried to figure this out in some other threads but didn't have much luck.

Cheers.

My set up is very similar. Same TV and bluray and using a DVR and legacy AVR.

You need to connect an optical cable from your TV to your receiver to get the audio from apps through your speakers. Whenever I switch to apps, it then requires me to switch the audio input on the receiver. And amazon does use 5.1.
post #100 of 277 Old 07-13-2013, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up an optical cable.

Do you connect the DVR and Blu-ray player to the AVR and use one HDMI out from the AVR to the TV or do you connect each device (DTV, Blu-ray, etc) to the TV via HDMI and then use the optical cable out for all sources?

Sounds like you run the HDMI through the receiver just like I do if you have to switch the audio input when you switch to apps. Great news about Amazon in 5.1

Thx!
post #101 of 277 Old 07-14-2013, 12:28 AM

Game mode is excellent on this model. I've done a few comparisons with and without game mode and there is definitely a noticeable difference. That's not to say normal mode is laggy, but that game mode is super smooth. Picture quality doesn't seem to suffer either.
post #102 of 277 Old 07-14-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowski View Post

Thanks for the advice. I'll pick up an optical cable.

Do you connect the DVR and Blu-ray player to the AVR and use one HDMI out from the AVR to the TV or do you connect each device (DTV, Blu-ray, etc) to the TV via HDMI and then use the optical cable out for all sources?

Sounds like you run the HDMI through the receiver just like I do if you have to switch the audio input when you switch to apps. Great news about Amazon in 5.1

Thx!

My connections are as follows:

DVR --> HDMI/Audio&Video --> AVR

Bluray (a) --> HDMI/Video --> TV and (b) --> HDMI/Audio --> AVR

AVR --> HDMI/Video --> TV

TV --> Optical Cable/Audio --> AVR

There may be a better way to do this, but this works for me. Happy to hear about better options though if anyone has one!

Make sure to watch your various passthrough and output settings. For example, you generally want audio signals passed to your Receiver for processing, e.g. better to have your bluray transfer an unprocessed (or whatever it is called) signal to your AVR for processing.
post #103 of 277 Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 AM

How is the input lag on this set>
post #104 of 277 Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Can anyone verify if you have the smart led option under picture? Very curious on image control menu option differences...

There is an option under Picture Settings >> Auto Motion Plus >> LED Clear Motion (Control LED Backlight Duty).
post #105 of 277 Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Just received the 46" 7500 as an upgrade to a recently returned F6400. The 6400 was actually pretty good, but was having some issues on dark scenes and blurring/focus. Immediately out of the box I could tell the 7500 was superior to the 6400. Per the following review(er) out of the box, the 7500 is pretty close in Movie mode. I've tried his settings below, and they returned so so results, so I am back to default now, with all image processing off, including Auto Motion Plus for further testing. The review, and his calibration settings are below. There ARE a few errors I can see, can't adjust intervals to -11, and no color table is listed, so use at your own risk:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un46f7500.html
Quote:
Post Calibration Picture Settings
Picture Mode Movie
Backlight 15
Contrast 91
Brightness 45
Sharpness 3
Color 49
Tint G51/R49
PIP Off

Advanced Settings
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh Tone 0
Color Space Custom
White Balance (See Table)
10pt White Balance (See Table)
Gamma 0
Expert Pattern Off
xvYCC Off

Picture Options
Color Tone Warm2
MPEG Noise Filter Off
HDMI Black Level Low
Film Mode Off
AutoMotion Plus Off
Smart LED Off
Cinema Black Off
Quote:
White Balance
R-Offset 23
G-Offset 25
B-Offset 25
R-Gain 24
G-Gain 26
B-Gain 25

10pt White Balance
Interval Red Green Blue
1 -3 0 -4
2 0 0 -1
2 0 -1 -1
4 -2 -3 -5
5 -3 -5 -7
6 -4 -7 -11
7 -5 -8 -10
6 -3 -6 -10
9 0 -3 -6
9 6 0 -9

Screen Adjustment
Picture Size Screen Fit
post #106 of 277 Old 07-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SessionDrummer View Post

Just received the 46" 7500 as an upgrade to a recently returned F6400. The 6400 was actually pretty good, but was having some issues on dark scenes and blurring/focus. Immediately out of the box I could tell the 7500 was superior to the 6400. Per the following review(er) out of the box, the 7500 is pretty close in Movie mode. I've tried his settings below, and they returned so so results, so I am back to default now, with all image processing off, including Auto Motion Plus for further testing. The review, and his calibration settings are below. There ARE a few errors I can see, can't adjust intervals to -11, and no color table is listed, so use at your own risk:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un46f7500.html

I would really love for you to tell me how the game lag is on this set. pretty please.....
post #107 of 277 Old 07-22-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy10 View Post

I would really love for you to tell me how the game lag is on this set. pretty please.....

I'll check back in once I obtain another HDMI for the XB360.

Trying to figure out how to UNdo some settings when using with the BD-5900 Blue Ray player. Watched first DVD in it, and it looked quite good. I detest Auto Motion Plus, and it was ON by default. Also I'm rather unclear on exactly what BD Wise does. I know what it CLAIMS to do, but imagine my surprise to find it THOUGHT that I should be watching the DVD at 720p not 1080p. Turned that off quick and in a hurry as well.
post #108 of 277 Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 AM

While I cannot offer input lag numbers, what I can say is that game mode definitely makes a difference on this model of HDTV. You can feel the difference in responsiveness with a noticeable amount of input lag if you don't have game mode on.
post #109 of 277 Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can anyone confirm that the 60" version of this set has the same thin bezel of the 55"? I originally purchased the 60f7100, but the bezel was twice the size of the 55" version. I decided to return my 55f7100 because the set is too small. Id appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
post #110 of 277 Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 PM

I have the 60" version and the bezel is thin. 1/2" I believe.... Just upgraded to this set from my 50" Pioneer PRO-110fd and the physical dimensions are the same...lol
post #111 of 277 Old 08-02-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I went ahead and purchased the set. I can confirm the bezel is the same as the 55f7100 which is a good thing. The bezel is black though, not silver. It was hard to tell from the pictures, but I prefer the black. Too bad the TV I received from Crutchfield had a damaged bezel, but another one is on its way. Beautiful tv!
post #112 of 277 Old 08-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I would take the review and calibration settings with a grain of salt from lcdtvbuyingguide. I doubt they ever had any hands on testing of the F7500. The TV shown in the video review of the F7500 is the F8000.

Samsung PN60E7000
Samsung PN51F5300
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
post #113 of 277 Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 AM

I'm really satisfied with the overall performance of my 55F7500. I have noticed a couple of interesting things. While watching regular TV NBC, USA, etc - I occasionally see moving images move in a jerking way for a moment. Not really annoyg, but noticable. However, when I stream either Movies or saved TV programs off of my DLNA drive attached to my router, the images are perfect with no jerkiness. Is this problem a Samsung or a FIOS issue?
post #114 of 277 Old 08-24-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyclone View Post

I'm really satisfied with the overall performance of my 55F7500. I have noticed a couple of interesting things. While watching regular TV NBC, USA, etc - I occasionally see moving images move in a jerking way for a moment. Not really annoyg, but noticable. However, when I stream either Movies or saved TV programs off of my DLNA drive attached to my router, the images are perfect with no jerkiness. Is this problem a Samsung or a FIOS issue?

If haven't turned off Auto Motion Plus, and your images seem to have a fake, soap opera look to them, I'd turn it off. Out of the box Auto Motion Plus and a few other "Auto" features are turned on as well. I don't know why AMP would cause jitter as I thought it was supposed to stop it. I vote turn it off, and re test.
post #115 of 277 Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Just ordered the 7500 from Amazon, and it is scheduled to arrive Friday. Need recommendations on wall mounts and mounting.

1. Do I understand that the power plug extends one inch, so does that mean the the mount has to be at least one inch deep?

2. We live in a log cabin; the interior walls are solid. I can't put cables in the wall, so I will need some room to run the cables. I also have a vertical piece of log molding (1.2 inches deep) which runs behind the TV; this also means the the mount hast to be at least 1.3 inches or so from the wall.

The viewing is about 14 feet away. What mounts do you think would be the best, and how high would you mount the TV?
post #116 of 277 Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM

Gents for whomever has the 60" version of this TV, can you please tell me how wide the stand is at its widest point, and does the tv rotate easily? Thank you.
post #117 of 277 Old 08-28-2013, 05:38 AM

See the questions and answers for this TV on amazon
post #118 of 277 Old 08-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peabodypond View Post

Just ordered the 7500 from Amazon, and it is scheduled to arrive Friday. Need recommendations on wall mounts and mounting.

1. Do I understand that the power plug extends one inch, so does that mean the the mount has to be at least one inch deep?

2. We live in a log cabin; the interior walls are solid. I can't put cables in the wall, so I will need some room to run the cables. I also have a vertical piece of log molding (1.2 inches deep) which runs behind the TV; this also means the the mount hast to be at least 1.3 inches or so from the wall.

The viewing is about 14 feet away. What mounts do you think would be the best, and how high would you mount the TV?

The power cord is like any other power cord. It plugs into the TV in a vertical orientation toward the bottom and then into the wall. I have a low profile Sanus mount (. 8") and it caused no issues.

Hard to comment on your mounting situation without seeing it.

Wall mount height is also hard to determine because it's part personal preference and part room restriction. The bottom of my TV is 43" from the floor, which is about 6" too high for my taste, but my wife wanted clearance above the media center for decor, so that's what I went with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post

Gents for whomever has the 60" version of this TV, can you please tell me how wide the stand is at its widest point, and does the tv rotate easily? Thank you.

Assuming the 55" & 60" have the same stand, the TV does not rotate on the stand. It will rotate if you just move it, but then you're restricted to movement based on your cable runs. I can't measure it because I stored it away when I moved to wall mount.
post #119 of 277 Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post

Samsung 60 F7500

Denon 3808CI

Sony BDP-S790 3D/Bluray

Harmony 900

post #120 of 277 Old 08-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

does anyone know how to assign the smart hub apps to an input so I can get them to play in 5.1 instead of the TV speaker? I have a Denon 3808 and a Harmony 900 remote . Also been trying to set up an OTA input with no luck so far, any suggestions?

Samsung 60 F7500

Denon 3808CI

Sony BDP-S790 3D/Bluray

Harmony 900

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f7500 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page