Official Samsung UNxxF7500 Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 275 Old 12-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Pick other internet to register. I received a email confirmation from Samsung after registering.

CEH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 275 Old 12-12-2013, 02:02 PM

Liked: 10

I have a Samsung UN46F7500 SMART TV with a touch pad remote, BD-F5900 3-D Blu ray DVD PLAYER and a Samsung HW-F450 SOUND BAR. I have Time Warner Cable along with Time Warner Roadrunner. Time Warner has supplied a Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR with a remote ur5u8780L-twc. Is there a way to record a show on the dvr with the touch pad remote. It will forward, reverse, stop, play but cannot record. Can someone help me?

post #183 of 275 Old 12-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue96 View Post

Just recently purchased the un46f7500 and really like it but I am having some problems getting the settings correct. The picture just seems off.

Any suggestions for this unit? I did browse through the 8000 thread but I am wondering if anyone has perfected the settings for this unit.

Thanks!!

There are a ton of settings in there and it takes a while to figure them out. :)

How does the picture seem "off"?

post #184 of 275 Old 12-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Liked: 12
From page 55 of the e-manual, http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201308/20130812135102463/[ENG_US]FP9ATSCF-3.104.pdf

DVR
(for U.S.A. and Canada) This button is only available when the Smart Touch Control
is configured to function as a universal remote control to control a set-top box. Run
DVR (Digital Video Recording) in set-top box.

Has this been done?

When using the DVR have you tried press and hold the touch pad to bring up more features?
Page 56

Special Functions
Press and hold the following Smart Touch Control buttons to access various special functions.
Buttons Descriptions
Touch pad
Press and hold the touch pad while watching TV to display CH List on the
screen. In addition, you can press and hold the touch pad for 2 seconds or more
while an application is running to access the application's hidden features. (Not
available with all applications.)
RETURN Press and hold this button to quit the current process or app.
MORE Press and hold the touch pad to select a desired function (e.g. e-Manual,
TOOLS, INFO, etc.) easily
Solfan likes this.
post #185 of 275 Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 AM

Thanks!  This remote control is perfect for UN46F7500 TV. :)

post #186 of 275 Old 12-14-2013, 01:56 PM

~~I have the un46f7500 - still learning, all I can say is WOW! What a great tv. Mine did come with the updated Netflix app, and it looks great, works great, I am watching way to much TV. Everyday I learn something new about this TV. My only negative is the "smart touch remote" I am having problems learning it and don't like to have so many steps to get to control something. I keep my old remote that came with my timewarner Samsung dvr and use that for fast forwarding, rewinding, or when I get stuck with the smart touch. I would like to get a universal remote to control all devices (all Samsung) tv, soundbar, dvr, and dvd player. Any suggestions? Also can you download apps from any other site, other than the Samsung App Store?

post #187 of 275 Old 01-01-2014, 08:03 AM

I recently purchased the UN60f7500 and about three days after I had it, all the hdmi ports wouldn't receive any signals coming from my PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, or laptop. As well as using 4 different hdmi cables. The TV would recognize that a device was connected but after 4 seconds, the "No Signal" message would appear. AVI/Component worked fine. Odd, so I contacted Samsung via chat with one of their agents. They asked me if I had the TV set to the right source and other basic tasks. I told them I complied and was told to update the firmware using an external usb device. I thought it was weird since the TV should already be updated since I updated it myself with its internet feature. So after downloading the zip file and transferring it to my external hard drive. I connected it to my TV and tried to update the firmware via usb but realized the tv doesn't have that option. I had the TV turned off and disconnected prior to that. So I tried turning on one of my devices connected via HDMI and to my surprise it worked. All 4 hdmi ports was able to find a signal.

Now, two days later I am getting "No Signal" from HDMI sources. Can someone help me out? Should I get the TV replaced (purchased from amazon)?

post #188 of 275 Old 01-02-2014, 10:19 AM

Liked: 11

Audio problem with TV's HDMI input.

Connected new 3D DVD player to HDMI 1 using TV's internal speakers & it works great. When I connect the DVD player to any of the other 3 HDMI inputs, there is no audio. Settings have internal speaker selected. What am I missing?

post #189 of 275 Old 01-05-2014, 03:40 PM

Hi, I have recently bought the 43f7500 which I am loving the picture!

Does anyone know why the apps that I download keep getting deleted?? I get a message when I turn the TV on and go to the app section saying something like "smart hub is deleting expired apps" and deletes all the ones I have downloaded. It's driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
post #190 of 275 Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 AM

Solution to my HDMI input audio problem I posted earlier.

Samsung has a firmware change that solves the HDMI audio problem.

Downloaded new firmware & all inputs work great.

Solfan likes this.
post #191 of 275 Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

I ordered this (other) replacement remote recently:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Aa59-00600a-Hdtv-Remote-Control/dp/B008A1BI1G/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

It's quite a bit more compact than the other AA59-00637A remote (and less expensive),  and is also a near-perfect match to my UN46F7500.

post #192 of 275 Old 01-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown Bob View Post

Solution to my HDMI input audio problem I posted earlier.

Samsung has a firmware change that solves the HDMI audio problem.

Downloaded new firmware & all inputs work great.

Thanks for the tip!

I see that they have now v1116.1, I've been having problems with the router so I'll try it later on.

========================================

1. "This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves swipe motion could not move the picture to next picture.

- Solves Network Connection issue with Wireless router.

- Solves Brightness Popping issue.

- Improves picture quality.

- Supports more MSO in OnTV feature.

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

- Support Netflix 4.0
    "
post #193 of 275 Old 01-10-2014, 05:00 PM

I don't have the set yet, but I am reading the manual and it shows an IR mouse to use to control the cable box. It also talks about using the mouse for a BR player, but I believe that there is only 1 mouse included, not to mention one slot on the TV, so how can it control both devices?
Also I use the Optical Audio out on the cable box to the TV. If I were to buy a sound bar, is there an Optical out on the 7500 to connect to the sound bar or would I use Bluetooth?
TIA
post #194 of 275 Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Do you mean the "Connecting the IR EXTENDER CABLE" page? I think what you're calling the IR "mouse" is actually a "blaster", it's a kind of repeater. [the TV uses it to send IR commands to a hidden or remote cable box].

AFAIK the supplied blaster can control only one component at a time... but now I see that the Xantech 286m "dual blaster" might work.

post #195 of 275 Old 01-10-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfan View Post

Do you mean the "Connecting the IR EXTENDER CABLE" page? I think what you're calling the IR "mouse" is actually a "blaster", it's a kind of repeater. [the TV uses it to send IR commands to the Cable box].

AFAIK it can only control one component at a time...

Thanks for the reply.
So I take it that the IR Blaster is necessary and the remote cannot send signals directly to the cable box w/o it? If so, Bummer. I have a Harmony 890 remote and it works perfectly w/ my current setup (Older Sammy LCD and a Comcast X-1 box). Was hoping all I needed to do was update the TV model. Anyone else have the X-1 (Cisco DVR)? If so can the 7500 remote control all the DVR functions?
post #196 of 275 Old 01-11-2014, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

I haven't tried it yet here, but the remote certainly should be able to control any set-top-box directly, by simply aiming at it.. I assume the blaster is only necessary when the STB is either concealed, for example,  behind a cabinet door or in another room (using an extension cable in that situation)

post #197 of 275 Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfan View Post

I haven't tried it yet here, but the remote certainly should be able to control any set-top-box directly, by simply aiming at it.. I assume the blaster is only necessary when the STB is either concealed, for example,  behind a cabinet door or in another room (using an extension cable in that situation)
That's what I'm hoping.
Thanks again.
post #198 of 275 Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 AM

Would appreciate owners recommendation for a wireless mouse and keyboard. Thanks!
post #199 of 275 Old 01-24-2014, 07:24 AM

There is now an update 1117. Does anyone know what the changes are from 1116?
post #200 of 275 Old 01-24-2014, 07:42 AM

I am using a Rosewill Model RT-V1TP (V-1). This is combo keyboard with touchpad mouse and usb dongle. Plugged dongle into usb port on back of 7500 and after a minute or so the key board was recognized. I suspect just about any usb wireless or wired would probably work. You can always but the Samy for almost 1 bill.
post #201 of 275 Old 01-24-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jardashian View Post

I recently purchased the UN60f7500 and about three days after I had it, all the hdmi ports wouldn't receive any signals coming from my PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, or laptop. As well as using 4 different hdmi cables. The TV would recognize that a device was connected but after 4 seconds, the "No Signal" message would appear. AVI/Component worked fine. Odd, so I contacted Samsung via chat with one of their agents. They asked me if I had the TV set to the right source and other basic tasks. I told them I complied and was told to update the firmware using an external usb device. I thought it was weird since the TV should already be updated since I updated it myself with its internet feature. So after downloading the zip file and transferring it to my external hard drive. I connected it to my TV and tried to update the firmware via usb but realized the tv doesn't have that option. I had the TV turned off and disconnected prior to that. So I tried turning on one of my devices connected via HDMI and to my surprise it worked. All 4 hdmi ports was able to find a signal.

Now, two days later I am getting "No Signal" from HDMI sources. Can someone help me out? Should I get the TV replaced (purchased from amazon)?

Use a usb flash drive and these instructions. The Samsung website only shows update 1116 as download. I downloaded that version and installed following the instructions from the pdf. There is also a version 1117 and installed this after 1116 but I had to use the TV's search for update feature because this version doesn't show on the Samsung website. No noticeable problems with 1117 so far after about 6 hours of use but I have only watched on 1 input so far.
2013_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instruction_T-FXPAKUC.pdf 468k .pdf file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instruction_T-FXPAKUC.pdf (468.0 KB, 5 views)
Solfan likes this.
post #202 of 275 Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM

UN60F7500, I have had problems with my remote using up batteries. I have gone through 4 sets of batteries in about 6 or 7 weeks and I use the directv remote 80 percent of the time. Any known issues?
post #203 of 275 Old 01-24-2014, 03:52 PM

I got the 8000 instead of the 7500, but I'm sure the info is the same. My take is the IR blaster is ONLY needed when you want to use gestures and/or voice. The Uni remote works well once you get the hang of it. Gestures are kind of a joke, but a good test for one's eye/hand coordination. Voice, meh, not a big deal. Solfan, Samsung is offering a free remote (my 8000 came w/ 2) if you send them the S/N & Model #. Link: https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/notice/remote/index.jsp
It looks just like the second remote that came in the box w/ the 8000 and it also appears more functional than the one you posted about.
post #204 of 275 Old 01-26-2014, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Picked up a 637 remote too and its great. All TV functions are much easier to use. Wife likes it cuz she's not used to the touch pad remote. I just like having the number pad.
Only problem I have..it will control my Charter Motorola cable box except for Play, stop & record (just the 3 buttons along the bottom). Everything else works fine. But since it it not native to the TV, the online help manual doesn't help. I tried all 7 of the supported codes for Charter.

Anyone else use this remote and had to program it? Is there a way to enter codes directly in?
post #205 of 275 Old 01-27-2014, 04:49 AM

I just bought a UN55F7500, I should receive it this afternoon. I have a LN40A650 for almost 6 years now. From what I heard, this set seems to have very good black levels and Colors, that should make a really big difference compared to my current set. I just cańt wait!!
post #206 of 275 Old 01-29-2014, 07:57 AM

Hi, I just bought the UN60F7500. Couldn't pass up the deal especially in Canada for $1700 including 7" Samsung Tab 3. This set is amazing, coming from a 47LM6400.

I've tried calibrating using movie mode, but my set has flashlighting on all 4 corners and it's pretty noticable. I now use Standard mode with the same settings and the problem is pretty much gone. What exactly is the difference between the 2 settings and why do most recommend using movie mode?

To rid the flashlighting, I need to set brightness to below 5 which is a no go.

ONLY source to the TV is my PS3 and HTPC for movies, shows and internet.
post #207 of 275 Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclone View Post

Hi, I just bought the UN60F7500. Couldn't pass up the deal especially in Canada for $1700 including 7" Samsung Tab 3. This set is amazing, coming from a 47LM6400.

I've tried calibrating using movie mode, but my set has flashlighting on all 4 corners and it's pretty noticable. I now use Standard mode with the same settings and the problem is pretty much gone. What exactly is the difference between the 2 settings and why do most recommend using movie mode?

To rid the flashlighting, I need to set brightness to below 5 which is a no go.

ONLY source to the TV is my PS3 and HTPC for movies, shows and internet.
Movie mode is the closest to calibrated out of the box,but disables Micro dimming pro. The Standard mode has MDP activated creating deeper black levels and dimming the set creating the illusion of "less" flashlighting. You shouldn't have to below 10-12 on backlight and usually around 50-52 on brightness. If you enable the "Eco" mode in the sub-menu this may help as well. You can adjust the intensity of the "Eco" backlight setting in the same menu,so if the room is bright the sensor will set the backlight higher and in dark environment it would adjust down.
post #208 of 275 Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrobn26 View Post

I got the 8000 instead of the 7500, but I'm sure the info is the same. My take is the IR blaster is ONLY needed when you want to use gestures and/or voice. The Uni remote works well once you get the hang of it. Gestures are kind of a joke, but a good test for one's eye/hand coordination. Voice, meh, not a big deal. Solfan, Samsung is offering a free remote (my 8000 came w/ 2) if you send them the S/N & Model #. Link: https://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/notice/remote/index.jsp
It looks just like the second remote that came in the box w/ the 8000 and it also appears more functional than the one you posted about.

Interesting stuff, thanks!

post #209 of 275 Old 01-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJayQc View Post

I just bought a UN55F7500, I should receive it this afternoon. I have a LN40A650 for almost 6 years now. From what I heard, this set seems to have very good black levels and Colors, that should make a really big difference compared to my current set. I just cańt wait!!

I came from a LN52A650 and while it's been a great monitor, this UN46 model I bought is a giant step ahead.:)

post #210 of 275 Old 01-29-2014, 06:43 PM

When I powered it up for the first time, I wasn't impress, I was rather disappointed. A lot of clouding everywhere, bad screen uniformity(I have a TS01 panel BTW). I watched a little bit of hockey and damn... the motion was way worst than my last TV, long puck trails. But after a couple of hours, the clouding and bad uniformity almost all disappeared and the motion is great, no more puck trails! The colors were dull but now.. Wow I'm impress! Very satisfied! Smart TV works great, I like the controller, but it is not girlfriend friendly..lol. I configured my old Harmony 650 for her.

I just ordered the Disney Wow disc to see how i can perfect that display. Anyone got calibrations to share?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55f7500 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page