Help me turn off auto dimming on the service menu please! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I accesed the service menu, but I felt scared about ruining the tv, so I turned off the tv to exit the service menu and when I turned the tv on, the picture settings by themselves changed to default, Is this normal? or which is the correct way to exit the Service Menu?

Well, I have a Samsung LN46B650 and I want to turn off the auto dimming on standard mode (only movie mode has not auto dimming on it). By pressing Mute,1,8,2,Power, I can access the service menu. I read that I can brick my tv very easily by accessing the service menu. Of course I don't want that to happen, I have had this tv for about 4 years and I don't want to brick it ): however, I really want to turn off that annoying auto dimming. So, please tell me how to turn it off from the Service Menu, please! I have made other threads when I have issues with this TV and you guys read my problems but never answer me. Hopefully this time at least someone wants to help me, please!

At least please tell me how to navigate on the service menu, I read that channel up and down are use to change the settings or something like that, I forgot, please, please help me ):
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM

Liked: 12
Try here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/850765/help-with-samsung-auto-dimming-brightness

or HERE:

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=disable+auto+diming+samsung+service+menu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:es-MX:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb#safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=XnP&rls=org.mozilla:es-MX:official&channel=fflb&q=disable+auto+dimming+samsung+service+menu&spell=1&sa=X&ei=dNNwUa2VAuLCyQH8i4HoCA&ved=0CC0QvwUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45373924,d.aWc&fp=ae47c54255dd750c&biw=1366&bih=650

My old samsung has no auto dimming... so i can't help you with that...

Or else... you can post PICS of the MENU and with luck we can locate the dimming on/off option.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-18-2013, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I read an old post about the LN46B650 and they mentioned that Auto Dimming can be turned off by going to the Service Menu, then going to Advance, then press 0000 and it should appear in there. I found this option called "CE Dimming" and in there there was an option that said something like Standard dimming "ON," so I turned it "OFF" and did exit the Service Menu after that. I suppose that was the one I had to turn off right? If not, please let me know so I turn it back "ON." Thanks a lot for the reply biggrin.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 AM

Liked: 12
Well ...

I think so

if the picture has change for good, then that was the answer for your problem.

wink.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page