Help: Internal Wi-Fi mysteriously stopped finding wireless signals during scanning! [Samsung UN46ES7500] - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I flashed the 1048 update and it indeed retained my settings. Good. Although, it might have enhanced the PQ? I'm not too sure, but it is not any worse.
I was hoping with this update it would cure a Wi-Fi issue I had coming from the previous 1047 firmware. Unfortunately it did not.

Question to everyone out there:
Has anyone had an issue where on the 1047 firmware (or previous ver.), the internal Wi-Fi USED to pickup on signals perfectly fine, and then one day notice that it has lost it's network connection and can no longer find ANY Wi-Fi signals???

I have troubleshot the issue with my mobile phone, xbox, ps3 and they picked up dozens of signals fine. My router settings are the same as they were when the 7500's Wi-Fi picked up on signals and connected. The only thing I have not yet done is a Factory Reset and am delaying this method until I get more feedback on the issue until I have no other choice but to do so. I am dreading the idea of having to apply the settings over again after a Factory Reset hell factor. I have multiple sources that are calibrated.

What else am I missing here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-24-2013, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

bump
post #3 of 8 Old 05-25-2013, 03:58 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by limitz View Post

I flashed the 1048 update and it indeed retained my settings. Good. Although, it might have enhanced the PQ? I'm not too sure, but it is not any worse.
I was hoping with this update it would cure a Wi-Fi issue I had coming from the previous 1047 firmware. Unfortunately it did not.

Question to everyone out there:
Has anyone had an issue where on the 1047 firmware (or previous ver.), the internal Wi-Fi USED to pickup on signals perfectly fine, and then one day notice that it has lost it's network connection and can no longer find ANY Wi-Fi signals???

I have troubleshot the issue with my mobile phone, xbox, ps3 and they picked up dozens of signals fine. My router settings are the same as they were when the 7500's Wi-Fi picked up on signals and connected. The only thing I have not yet done is a Factory Reset and am delaying this method until I get more feedback on the issue until I have no other choice but to do so. I am dreading the idea of having to apply the settings over again after a Factory Reset hell factor. I have multiple sources that are calibrated.

What else am I missing here?

I have the same issue.
I'm on Software Version T-ECPAKUC-1051.2, BT-S/I/G and I cannot connect to any WIFI connection.
I was previously on 1048 I believe and had the same issue. Love the TV but would like to be able to use the internet.
I spoke to a Samsung live support representative online and was told I need a technician to diagnose my issue.
I have done a Factory Reset, but still not able to see any wireless networks. I have reconfigured my router and everything, and still no luck.
Lets see what the technician says when he sees my TV.
post #4 of 8 Old 05-25-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adames729 View Post

I have the same issue.
I'm on Software Version T-ECPAKUC-1051.2, BT-S/I/G and I cannot connect to any WIFI connection.
I was previously on 1048 I believe and had the same issue. Love the TV but would like to be able to use the internet.
I spoke to a Samsung live support representative online and was told I need a technician to diagnose my issue.
I have done a Factory Reset, but still not able to see any wireless networks. I have reconfigured my router and everything, and still no luck.
Lets see what the technician says when he sees my TV.
Sounds like a bricked WiFi card or something then? Sending a Technician over to do something to your TV sounds like a hardware issue. Please post back what happens after the Technician fixes your TV. My TV is barely 3 months old and it sucks to think something may have already broke itself within short time.

Appreciate your posting about the issue.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Sounds like a bricked WiFi card or something then? Sending a Technician over to do something to your TV sounds like a hardware issue. Please post back what happens after the Technician fixes your TV. My TV is barely 3 months old and it sucks to think something may have already broke itself within short time.

Appreciate your posting about the issue.

So the technician came to check the TV. He states it is an issue with the internal network adapter of the TV frown.gif.
He ordered the part and told me that it will take 2-3 days for it to arrive. He states it will take 15-20 minutes to replace the part.

Will keep you posted once that gets done.
limitz likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

So the technician came to check the TV. He states it is an issue with the internal network adapter of the TV frown.gif.
He ordered the part and told me that it will take 2-3 days for it to arrive. He states it will take 15-20 minutes to replace the part.

Will keep you posted once that gets done.
Geez that sucks. Thanks for getting back.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Geez that sucks. Thanks for getting back.
No problem!

Well technician just came to my house. Although he said it would take 2-3 days for the part to arrive, he called me the day after he first came stating the part had arrived and that he would come at my earliest convenience to repair the TV. He replaced the network adapter in less then 15 minutes, and viola, it works!
He did tell me that Samsung did get a batch of bad network adapters, it is common in some of the Samsung products, from TV's to microwaves.
Samsung is aware of it, and have the replacement parts available. The replacement part was a brand new part, not refurbished or anything like that. I also verified that the warranty does not get extended, I verified this by calling Samsung directly. The repair was completely FREE.
I would suggest contacting Samsung to get your TV repaired.

I will include some pictures for you smile.gif

So this is the defective piece. It literally took him less then 15 minutes to change it out.

This is the power supply of the TV.

This is the Motherboard of our TV.

I don't really recall what this is... sorry.

I was a bit worried, but the technician was very professional and very skilled.

The technician did say that once the part is replaced it should not give the same problem.
limitz likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

No problem!

Well technician just came to my house. Although he said it would take 2-3 days for the part to arrive, he called me the day after he first came stating the part had arrived and that he would come at my earliest convenience to repair the TV. He replaced the network adapter in less then 15 minutes, and viola, it works!
He did tell me that Samsung did get a batch of bad network adapters, it is common in some of the Samsung products, from TV's to microwaves.
Samsung is aware of it, and have the replacement parts available. The replacement part was a brand new part, not refurbished or anything like that. I also verified that the warranty does not get extended, I verified this by calling Samsung directly. The repair was completely FREE.
I would suggest contacting Samsung to get your TV repaired.

I will include some pictures for you smile.gif

So this is the defective piece. It literally took him less then 15 minutes to change it out.

This is the power supply of the TV.

This is the Motherboard of our TV.

I don't really recall what this is... sorry.

I was a bit worried, but the technician was very professional and very skilled.

The technician did say that once the part is replaced it should not give the same problem.

Wow man you have out done yourself w/pictures and all! Totally wasn't expecting this but awesome work! Glad the process went smooth for you and that the part arrived in ahead of ETA.
I assume the WiFi in your set is now properly up and running then........ also were you able to schedule time/day of when the Tech. person could stop by?

Thanks again.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46es7500 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es7500fxza 46 Inch Series 7 Led Black Flat Panel 3d Hdtv With Smart Interaction Full Hd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page