post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Recently Vizio put up a special bulletin on its website stating a number of its 2012 60-inch E601i-A3 and 70-inch E701i-A3 HDTVs may lose the picture (but maintain audio) due to a bad “chip assembly”. Vizio did not disclose the number of TVs affected. Fortunately, unlike its problem in 2011 when owners reported Vizio HDTVs smoking or catching on fire, this is NOT a safety issue, the affected TVs will simply go black.

Vizio is offering a warranty part replacement on all the units with the bad chip assembly. Vizio will replace a recalled TV that has already lost its picture with a new unit (not a refurbished one as they customarily do) according to its customer service representative. Vizio HDTVs are sold by Amazon, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, BJs and Sam’s Club. -HD GURU-

VIZIO has promptly notified its customers of the possible issue so that affected users can have their units repaired or replaced free of charge. In addition, VIZIO is also extending its standard one-year limited warranty to two years from the date of purchase for this specific issue to ensure that customers who purchased the E601i-A3 or E701i-A3 can continue to enjoy their TV with full peace of mind.

What Should VIZIO Customers do?

If you have a VIZIO E-Series 60” or 70” TV with a serial number that falls within the ranges of LFTRNWAN3800001 to LFTRNWAN4805300 for Model E601i-A3 and LFTRNXAN4500001 – LFTRNXAN4702936 for Model E701i-A3 and experience a loss of video, please call VIZIO’s Customer Care team toll free at 855-209-4106 or email them at: special.bulletin@vizio.com to directly reach our dedicated service team who will assist in resolving your issue as quickly as possible. -HD GURU-

read more
http://hdguru.com/vizio-issues-a-recall-on-large-screen-led-lcd-hdtvs/#more-10221

Not sure if posted yet (did not see it) thought I would put it up.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. "can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Old news, see the E60I-A3 & E70I-A3 threads
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List