Please help. Panasonic WT50 vs ST60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm torn between an LCD WT50 or the new plasma ST60. I just want to ask you guys if you think which TV will be better in the long run as WT50 has better processor (dual core) but the ST60 has better picture quality. I am an average gamer so I'm worried about the input lag most of the forum members are experiencing with. On the other hand, I also have a little dim living room which might point to the st60's plasma advantage. As of now, I'm thinking of the mark down price of the WT50 such that it will be just 100 dollars above the price of ST60 which is around 2000 dollars here in Canada. I only got until May 2 to decide as the sale in WT50 will be off. This is my first post and I appreciate the feedbacks. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GomuGomu View Post

I'm torn between an LCD WT50 or the new plasma ST60. I just want to ask you guys if you think which TV will be better in the long run as WT50 has better processor (dual core) but the ST60 has better picture quality. I am an average gamer so I'm worried about the input lag most of the forum members are experiencing with. On the other hand, I also have a little dim living room which might point to the st60's plasma advantage. As of now, I'm thinking of the mark down price of the WT50 such that it will be just 100 dollars above the price of ST60 which is around 2000 dollars here in Canada. I only got until May 2 to decide as the sale in WT50 will be off. This is my first post and I appreciate the feedbacks. Thank you.
I would look into the GT50 instead of the ST60. You can find the 50" GT for about $1099 at Best buy at the moment. In most cases the dual core is for internet applications, not PQ improvement/performance. You will be very disappointed with the overall PQ on the WT, the lack of black level/contrast make for a very flat image. I love Panasonic's Backlight scanning tech, but have not been stoked on the dark grays they are passing off as blacks.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, I can't find any GT50 here in Canada and the no-tax event for WT50 already passed so I may be stuck at waiting for another sale since I'm in no hurry. Thank you so much.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L55wt50 , Panasonic Tc P60st60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page