Just got the Panasonic L55ET5, Strange buzzing noise with bright scenes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up the L55ET5, It was the demo model that was only up for about 2 weeks or so.
I've connected my PC to the TV via DVI-HDMI cable and I notice when ever I'm on facebook or a generally bright scene I notice a slight buzzing coming from the back of the TV, On the left backside, close to the HDMI ports.

I'm wondering if this is normal? I know this is a common occurrence with Plasma's, but since this is an LED I'm just a tad worried that I got a dud.

Should I trade the TV in? Or is this normal enough to dismiss?

When I have something with audio on I don't notice it, but when I'm surfing the web or a scene is completely dead quite I can hear the buzz.

I'm about 7-8 feet away from my TV btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
As you said, this is normally an issue on Panny's plasma line but I suppose it's not impossible on one of their LCD sets. I would not say that it's NORMAL but if it isn't loud enough to bother you when using it then maybe you should keep it. The two Panny plasmas I tried had horrible buzzing that was audible 8-10 feet away, even with dialog playing. Music was the only thing that could drown it out. The two ET5s I tried were dead silent, or at least I never heard any noise coming from them.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Consumer 55 Viera 3d Full Hd Led Tv Tc L55et5
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page