Sony Bravia KDL-32XBR4 screen issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sometimes it has a picture and sometimes it has colored lines it.. Sometimes it works ok.... Sometimes it is just a black screen and it says input in the corner. Don't know what is wrong with it... Lately if you turn it on and leave it sit for awhile with the power on, the picture will show up.. Any idea what is wrong with it?

Thinking it might be a board or cable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

ry9u2e6a.jpg

Any idea what's wrong?
post #3 of 10 Old 05-13-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Any idea, i'm thinking its the t-con board. What do you guys think
post #4 of 10 Old 05-15-2013, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

really, no one has an idea?
post #5 of 10 Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've got the same problem with a KDL-26XBR1. After a lot of research, it is usually either one of three things. The t-con board went and needs to be replaced. Or the panel itself went. Or an issue with the LVDS cable connection (or the cable itself).

T-con boards can be found for not much money. The panel? Not worth replacement.

In my case, I replaced the t-con board with no change to the problem. The LVDS cable seems fine. So, it might be the panel (unless I got a bad t-con board).
(On a side note, I also have issue with no controls working except for the off/on button on either the remote or the tv itself. e.g. volume cannot be changed, usb connection no longer works, cannot access menus, etc)
post #6 of 10 Old 05-15-2013, 12:29 PM

I agree with realjeatavenger, it is almost always either the t-con or a bad panel. Most of the time people just right it off as the panel being bad but, if you don't mind spending some money and replacing something in your TV, you might want to try replacing the t-con board.

As for the other problems you were mentioning realjeatavenger, it sounds like your mainboard might be failing as some, if not all of those, are connected to the mainboard.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-15-2013, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Well I ordered a t-con board a few days ago and it should be here tomorrow so I will update this after I get it installed. I fixed another Sony TV about 2 years ago and it also was the t-con board so I'm hoping this is the same thing.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by grjelectronics View Post

I agree with realjeatavenger, it is almost always either the t-con or a bad panel. Most of the time people just right it off as the panel being bad but, if you don't mind spending some money and replacing something in your TV, you might want to try replacing the t-con board.

As for the other problems you were mentioning realjeatavenger, it sounds like your mainboard might be failing as some, if not all of those, are connected to the mainboard .

Thanks. That's what I'm thinking it is as well and am going to try a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellydw View Post

Well I ordered a t-con board a few days ago and it should be here tomorrow so I will update this after I get it installed. I fixed another Sony TV about 2 years ago and it also was the t-con board so I'm hoping this is the same thing.

Let us know if it works.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Still the same issue so not sure if I got a bad board or not. TV powers on and I get a full screen of vertical colored lines, after about 30 to 60 seconds the picture shows up. Might try and send it back and order one from China. What does the LVDS Cable look like and what does it connect to? I don't know much about these but I don't think its the panel.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-16-2013, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

A little update, I am returning the board because I think it was bad. I bought the TV for $40 and all I ever saw were the colored lines posted above. With the new board installed the TV powers on and I get a full screen of vertical colored lines, after about 30 to 60 seconds the picture shows up. This is why I think it still might be a bad board. Going to order one from Chine since I think they might be new, I will report back in a few weeks after I get it.

Still would like to know what the LVDS cable looks like and what it connects to.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 32xbr9 32 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 32xbr9 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page