Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2971 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Wow. A lot of people are finally happy with standard mode. May give it a look to see if the dimming is bad enough to bother me. Thanks for those who who posted they noticed an improvement with current update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have no luck, just got the tv today and it has to go back, dead pixel , sucks.
post #2973 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post

yea I feel the same way I was scared to update because 1115 was so good but 1116 to me is equal or maybe slightly better
Well I hate to say it but I found a FRICKIN firmware update bug Once Again. My Web Browser got stuck in Standard Picture Mode. I tried the Smart Hub Reset but it did NOT work. Well after a Factory Reset, my Smart Hub Once Again is working. If I enter the Smart Hub in Movie Mode for example, the Smart Hub also displays in Movie Mode... Not stuck in Standard Mode. The Smart Hub always uses the same mode as you were viewing at the time of entering into it. This is very easy to miss but it SUCKED after finding it! I am destined to forever Re-Program my TV. And, I've got a long way to go One Input down (2D only so far) 3 more to go... SO..... Here goes another 3 hours!!eek.gif

So after setting up all of my different inputs, I recheck the Browser and it stays in Standard Mode when entering the Browser again. WTF! This is really not a big deal but it was working after the Factory Reset for each Picture Mode but I only did the Component Input and not the HDMI ports. I'm now just not going to worry about it since I can't find any other issues. What a waste of time this was. But I only have some Smart Hub applications to remove/reinstall for personal prefrence so for the most part, this was the quickest re-programming yet. 3 Hours turned into less than 2 this round.
post #2974 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Liked: 13
Ok. As I promised, here's my settings that I had the Geek Squad come out and perform an ISF Calibration on.

Geek Squad... You laugh? This dude really seemed to know his stuff, explained everything along the way, and I watched his PC when he was dialing in color with the sensor and everything he adjusted came within the little demarcated ranges that were present on the calibration program.

TV: Samsung UN60F7100
Panel: HH01 (Apparently Sharp?)
Firmware: 1116 (Calibrated on this..)
Picture Mode: Cal-Day (See how to enable this..)
My panel has about 750 hours on it at the time of calibration. Set was manufactured in May of 2013.

Enabling the two additional picture modes: CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT

Enter the service mode:

As far as I know, you need a full remote to do this. I couldn't make it work with my Harmony, but I used one of my other Sammy remotes that came with my UN46C6400 or UN19C4300

TV OFF
Press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power.

Each button press is sequential, that is you press it and let it go. You don't hold them all down at once.

The TV will turn on and display the service menu after a few minutes. BE CAREFUL with what you change in here. You can seriously mess up your display.

Use the directional keys and scroll down to SVC and press enter. In SVC, you should see a menu setting for "Expert Mode" - Turn this on. Ensure that Hotel Mode and Shop Mode are off. (Hotel mode resets all settings every 10 minutes. Shop mode resets settings after every power on / off event).

You may be tempted to do a factory reset. Note that this will reset the odometer on your panel, as well as "purchased on" date that displays in the first menu displayed in the service menu. It probably resets other stuff, good or bad. Proceed with caution.
Settings:

Picture Mode: CAL-Day
Backlight - 14
Contrast - 89
Brightness: 40
Sharpness: 22
Color: 50
Tint: 50

Picture Size: 16:9 (Duh..)

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Low
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only: Off
Color Space: Custom
Color: Red
Red:50
G:0
B:0
Color: Green
R:0
G:50
Color: Blue
B:50
Color: Yellow
R:50
Color:Cyan
Red:0
Green:50
Blue:50
Magenta:

White Balance:
R Offset: 25
G Offset: 24
B Offset: 25
R Gain: 9
G Gain: 25
B Gain: 15

10P White Balance: OFF

Gamma: -1

Picture Options
Color Tone: Warm 1
Digital Clean View: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
Film Mode: Auto2
Auto Motion Plus: Clear (Preference setting, but I like Clear or Off. SOE Fans choose "Standard")
Cinema Black: Low

For Picture Mode CAL-Night, everything up above applies unless it's different here:

Backlight:11
Contrast: 86
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 20
Color:44

That's about it. After viewing the TV on any of the included modes, except for Movie, these settings will maybe look a little bland. However, I really got used to them quick. I also noticed that there's no more color over saturation that leads to loss of detail that I saw on the other modes.

Hope you enjoy - If you have good luck with these let me know!
macmane likes this.
post #2975 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieZ View Post

Ok. As I promised, here's my settings that I had the Geek Squad come out and perform an ISF Calibration on.

Geek Squad... You laugh? This dude really seemed to know his stuff, explained everything along the way, and I watched his PC when he was dialing in color with the sensor and everything he adjusted came within the little demarcated ranges that were present on the calibration program.

TV: Samsung UN60F7100
Panel: HH01 (Apparently Sharp?)
Firmware: 1116 (Calibrated on this..)
Picture Mode: Cal-Day (See how to enable this..)
My panel has about 750 hours on it at the time of calibration. Set was manufactured in May of 2013.

Enabling the two additional picture modes: CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT

Enter the service mode:

As far as I know, you need a full remote to do this. I couldn't make it work with my Harmony, but I used one of my other Sammy remotes that came with my UN46C6400 or UN19C4300

TV OFF
Press Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power.

Each button press is sequential, that is you press it and let it go. You don't hold them all down at once.

The TV will turn on and display the service menu after a few minutes. BE CAREFUL with what you change in here. You can seriously mess up your display.

Use the directional keys and scroll down to SVC and press enter. In SVC, you should see a menu setting for "Expert Mode" - Turn this on. Ensure that Hotel Mode and Shop Mode are off. (Hotel mode resets all settings every 10 minutes. Shop mode resets settings after every power on / off event).

You may be tempted to do a factory reset. Note that this will reset the odometer on your panel, as well as "purchased on" date that displays in the first menu displayed in the service menu. It probably resets other stuff, good or bad. Proceed with caution.
Settings:

Picture Mode: CAL-Day
Backlight - 14
Contrast - 89
Brightness: 40
Sharpness: 22
Color: 50
Tint: 50

Picture Size: 16:9 (Duh..)

Advanced Settings:
Dynamic Contrast: Low
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only: Off
Magenta:

White Balance:
R Offset: 25
G Offset: 24
B Offset: 25
R Gain: 9
G Gain: 25
B Gain: 15

10P White Balance: OFF

Gamma: -1

Picture Options
Color Tone: Warm 1
Digital Clean View: Auto
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
Film Mode: Auto2
Auto Motion Plus: Clear (Preference setting, but I like Clear or Off. SOE Fans choose "Standard")
Cinema Black: Low

For Picture Mode CAL-Night, everything up above applies unless it's different here:

Backlight:11
Contrast: 86
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 20
Color:44

That's about it. After viewing the TV on any of the included modes, except for Movie, these settings will maybe look a little bland. However, I really got used to them quick. I also noticed that there's no more color over saturation that leads to loss of detail that I saw on the other modes.

Hope you enjoy - If you have good luck with these let me know!

Just curious; but a serious question. At what mode was the calibration done? (I assume Movie)? No disrespect meant here, but I find it curious that post calibration ended up with such a low contrast level as compared to every other calibrated settings I have seen on this model. Did he indicate how close he was able to come to a true 6500D standard?

Ken

The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

post #2976 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I am destined to forever Re-Program my TV. And, I've got a long way to go One Input down (2D only so far) 3 more to go... SO..... Here goes another 3 hours!!eek.gif

3 Hours turned into less than 2 this round.

eek.gif......I averaged about 45 minutes to re-enter all settings and though that was time consuming....

Try Apply Picture Source - All Sources for Input 1 as a short-cut.

Then switch to Apply Picture Source - Current Source for additional Inputs.

You still have to re-enter Custom Color and White Balances settings.
post #2977 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieZ View Post

Magenta:

I wonder why the Calibrator didn't leave the Color Space on Auto.

These are the default Custom Color Space settings- without any tweaking.
post #2978 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Liked: 13
As for the default color settings, I think custom vs. auto is a little different. I realize that 50 of each primary color and a 50+50 blend for each composite color logically seems to be the neutral setting, but when I move between custom and auto I see an immediate difference. For example, I'm watching the Bulls / Pacers game right now on CAL-NIGHT. Room is dark save for the TV in question and the light coming from the display on my MacBook. If I switch to Auto, everything looks a little more pale. If I switch to custom, the colors are more vibrant.

As for getting close to 6500D, he didn't specifically say how close this display got. I'm still waiting for his email with all my settings, I'll send him a friendly reminder here soon. I do know he said that's what they aim to calibrate displays to a number of times.

Edit: Calibration was performed on CAL-DAY
post #2979 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:

Well I hate to say it but I found a FRICKIN firmware update bug Once Again. My Web Browser got stuck in Standard Picture Mode. I tried the Smart Hub Reset but it did NOT work. Well after a Factory Reset, my Smart Hub Once Again is working. If I enter the Smart Hub in Movie Mode for example, the Smart Hub also displays in Movie Mode... Not stuck in Standard Mode. The Smart Hub always uses the same mode as you were viewing at the time of entering into it. This is very easy to miss but it SUCKED after finding it! I am destined to forever Re-Program my TV. And, I've got a long way to go One Input down (2D only so far) 3 more to go... SO..... Here goes another 3 hours!!eek.gif

So after setting up all of my different inputs, I recheck the Browser and it stays in Standard Mode when entering the Browser again. WTF! This is really not a big deal but it was working after the Factory Reset for each Picture Mode but I only did the Component Input and not the HDMI ports. I'm now just not going to worry about it since I can't find any other issues. What a waste of time this was. But I only have some Smart Hub applications to remove/reinstall for personal prefrence so for the most part, this was the quickest re-programming yet. 3 Hours turned into less than 2 this round.
yikes man I knw that's a pain n the ass keep me updated as to what happens when you are done
post #2980 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

eek.gif......I averaged about 45 minutes to re-enter all settings and though that was time consuming....

Try Apply Picture Source - All Sources for Input 1 as a short-cut.

Then switch to Apply Picture Source - Current Source for additional Inputs.
You still have to re-enter Custom Color and White Balances settings.
Thanks Pirates... You're sure right about the Short-Cut & I did remember to use it (This time). I actually did get the programming done sooner but if you add all the TV Tuner Auto-Programming on the TV Input (Actually Over-Kill) plus all my Bookmarks I Import (I'm Crazy), it does take some extra time beyond the re-programming stuff. Also, in order for the Bookmarks to show the actual displayed page inside the Bookmark box, you have to Re-launch each one (5 pages worth in my case) and let the page fully load.up. I guess I also take time deleting as many Pre-Installed Applications as possible that I don't use. Bottom line is this stuff does go faster each time.

Now here's the real facts about this last round of re-programming. I think I screwed up. It turns out that the Smart Hub will display the last picture mode you were watching but you have to turn ON PIP in the Web browser to switch it over, otherwise as I had noticed, you will be viewing the Web Browser in Standard Mode which is the Browser default. I usually watch TV while using the Web Browser with the PIP feature so I never knew that. The entire Factory Reset this round was not really needed so I guess I just needed the practice.cool.gif
post #2981 of 5226 Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:

yikes man I knw that's a pain n the ass keep me updated as to what happens when you are done
OK, I'm done... I feel kind of dumb about now ...Read the above post...All is well.rolleyes.gif
post #2982 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 03:22 AM

I have the UN60F6000 model and am looking for an Android app that allows me to control the web browser app of this TV better. Something that let's me move the mouse cursor and also act as a virtual keyboard. I t tried a few Android apps, but none act as keyboards or virtual mouse, they are just replacements for the regular dumb remote control.

Any idea?

Thanks!
-J
post #2983 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 06:35 AM

Quote:

OK, I'm done... I feel kind of dumb about now ...Read the above post...All is well.rolleyes.gif
good stuff man quick question when I got my tv it came with a free Samsung 3d blu ray player from best buy I'm struggling with the pic settings for it. I'm torn between the bd wise resolution and the 1080p res. What's the best settings ?
post #2984 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 AM

As much as im liking standard mode I can't seem to use it over movie mode because of the damn energy saving crap keeps making my pic go dark arghhhhh
post #2985 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:

good stuff man quick question when I got my tv it came with a free Samsung 3d blu ray player from best buy I'm struggling with the pic settings for it. I'm torn between the bd wise resolution and the 1080p res. What's the best settings ?
I don't own a Samsung Blu-ray player but I do have a Panasonic Blu-Ray & a Sony 3D Blu-ray player. I set both of them to output 1080P only. If the source is less that that resolution, both players will upscale. For 3D I always set the Blu-Ray to Auto detect 3D. The TV has never had problems displaying 3D correctly from the Blu-Ray 3D player when set to Auto Mode. There are other settings unique to your player that maybe others can answer better for you. Or search for your model on this Forum & I bet you will find all the information unique to your Players Video settings. Both of my players are really designed with different operating firmware that have their own unique settings and although over-all similar in function, the menus in the System settings are so very different. Have fun doing the research for your exact model type & I'm sure you will find what you need to know.biggrin.gif
post #2986 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale0815 View Post

I have the UN60F6000 model and am looking for an Android app that allows me to control the web browser app of this TV better. Something that let's me move the mouse cursor and also act as a virtual keyboard. I t tried a few Android apps, but none act as keyboards or virtual mouse, they are just replacements for the regular dumb remote control.

Any idea?

Thanks!
-J
Why not a wireless Keyboard and a Wireless Mouse. I know it's NOT Virtual but it does do the trick for me. Right click the Mouse while watching TV anyware on the screen and a Menu Pops up that lets you select one of four choice's with a simple Left click of the Mouse.
1. Launch the Smart Hub.
2. Turn OFF the TV..
3. Go into Tools..
4. Select the Main Menu screen.

I always use my wireless Keyboard to type everything needed while using the TV Web Browser..

One last thing. You don't need to spend a lot of $ and buy the Samsung keyboard. A very cheap Logitech USB Wireless Keyboard works OK. I also use a very cheap Wireless USB Microsoft Mouse which also works good!

Just an idea for you anyways.........................
cannondale0815 likes this.
post #2987 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:

I don't own a Samsung Blu-ray player but I do have a Panasonic Blu-Ray & a Sony 3D Blu-ray player. I set both of them to output 1080P only. If the source is less that that resolution, both players will upscale. For 3D I always set the Blu-Ray to Auto detect 3D. The TV has never had problems displaying 3D correctly from the Blu-Ray 3D player when set to Auto Mode. There are other settings unique to your player that maybe others can answer better for you. Or search for your model on this Forum & I bet you will find all the information unique to your Players Video settings. Both of my players are really designed with different operating firmware that have their own unique settings and although over-all similar in function, the menus in the System settings are so very different. Have fun doing the research for your exact model type & I'm sure you will find what you need to know.biggrin.gif
yea thanks man let the hunt begin lol
post #2988 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 AM

Hello all...never knew it was going to be so difficult deciding which ty to buy.  Am replacing an 11 year old sony wega 36" which as treated me wonderfully, great picture, never even a hiccup.  Was seriously considering the panny st60 but am concerned with ir/burn-in as I watch a lot of cable news with banners on top and/or on bottom.  Now I am leaning toward the f7100 55 inch.  I'd really prefer a 60 inch but after reading about the sharp panel in all Samsung 60 inch models, I'm willing to sacrifice five inches to get the TD01 Samsung panel in the 55 inch.  Are there any 60 inch led's anyone would recommend over the f7100 55 inch?  I was initially going to go with the m series vizio but after seeing it in two different stores was not impressed at all.  This forum is great and I appreciate any feedback.

post #2989 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srg914 View Post

Hello all...never knew it was going to be so difficult deciding which ty to buy.  Am replacing an 11 year old sony wega 36" which as treated me wonderfully, great picture, never even a hiccup.  Was seriously considering the panny st60 but am concerned with ir/burn-in as I watch a lot of cable news with banners on top and/or on bottom.  Now I am leaning toward the f7100 55 inch.  I'd really prefer a 60 inch but after reading about the sharp panel in all Samsung 60 inch models, I'm willing to sacrifice five inches to get the TD01 Samsung panel in the 55 inch.  Are there any 60 inch led's anyone would recommend over the f7100 55 inch?  I was initially going to go with the m series vizio but after seeing it in two different stores was not impressed at all.  This forum is great and I appreciate any feedback.
I have the 60 inch Samsung version and its outstanding to me. Pic quality is amazing
post #2990 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srg914 View Post

I own the 60 as well and it has been perfect. I have not had any picture problems and my panel is amazing. What did you read that was bad about the sharp panel? I would say most 60inch owners have had nothing but good things to say about there T.V. 60 makes a huge difference! I had a 55 before my 60 and i was surprised how much of a upgrade it is. The only difference between the 55 and the 60 is a bigger screen! I would look back at older posts again.. there are allot of happy customers!
post #2991 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyymrk View Post

I own the 60 as well and it has been perfect. I have not had any picture problems and my panel is amazing. What did you read that was bad about the sharp panel? I would say most 60inch owners have had nothing but good things to say about there T.V. 60 makes a huge difference! I had a 55 before my 60 and i was surprised how much of a upgrade it is. The only difference between the 55 and the 60 is a bigger screen! I would look back at older posts again.. there are allot of happy customers!
my point exactly!! Lol
post #2992 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Have read issues with vertical banding and worse off angle viewing with the 60" vs the 55".  I've read so many posts and maybe the bad ones stick in my head more than the good ones, but I have to say, I have read many users who swear they'd never buy a tv with a sharp panel.  I will be buying from Amazon, and if you purchase through the end of the year they are extending their return policy till Jan. 31, 2014. Since I'll be buying on black Friday that will give me two months of use if I decide to return. But I agree...you wouldn't think 5 inches or so would make such a difference, but from 55" to 60"  is really dramatic.

post #2993 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

my point exactly!! Lol
I have the 65 inch with the sharp.great picture no problems
post #2994 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the replies....guess I'll go with the 60".  Could someone please tell me the footprint of the stand by itself.  I believe the depth is 14.8", but I can't seem to find the width of the stand by itself.  Need to know if it will fit on my table.  Samsung couldn't even tell me which bewilders me.  What is the footprint of the stand?  thanks.

post #2995 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Depth without Stand (inches) 2-1/8
Stand Width (inches) 32-1/4 for 65 inch samsung
post #2996 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Thanks.

post #2997 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 11:21 AM

Are the dimensions for the 60" different than 65"?  And is the width of the front legs the same as the back legs?

post #2998 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 11:27 AM

I do believe its the same
post #2999 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Well they delivered my replacement tv today, and I have to say I am very happy with it. No visible banding, very minor flashlighting, and no light shooting out from the bezel. Even the motion blur trouble I was having with xbox 360 has been resolved. The new panel is a TH02 and the old one was an AH02 I believe. Couldn't be happier with it at this point. Glad all the frustration of panel replacements and calling customer service led to a good outcome. This tv must also be a newer make. The tv now sits up higher (only about 1/2") when on the stand, and now the remote has a pencil emblem on the right side of the touch pad that wasn't there before. Thanks for all the help guys. If anyone is having issues with their tv, just be persistent and make samsung right their wrong.
4top455 likes this.
post #3000 of 5226 Old 11-07-2013, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirth05 View Post

Thanks for all the help guys. If anyone is having issues with their tv, just be persistent and make samsung right their wrong.

+1, Don't settle for anything less.
4top455 likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page