AVS Forum banner
787K views 6K replies 657 participants last post by  z0dd 
#1 ·
I just got his HDTV and I am loving it so far...excellent color, motion, black levels and solid resolution and uniformity.

HDTV INFORMATION:

Samsung XX-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV Sizes: 46'', 55'', 60'', 65'' and 75''.

Controlling your TV is easier than ever with the Ultra-Slim Samsung Smart TV F7100. You can talk to your TV in more natural ways such as asking, "What action movies are on", or you can perform all the basic commands such as "record", "last channel" and "turn on". Browse the new intuitive Smart Hub, a central, easy-to-navigate hub of all your favorite content. Discover how the new F7100 can evolve your TV experience.

LED F7100

Smart TV

The Samsung Smart TV finds the movies and TV shows you like - and more. Speak into the mic on the Smart Touch Remote to

get TV recommendations. Use gestures to swipe and navigate within the 5 Smart Hub content panels. Easily discover movies, shows, and social posts with less searching and more watching.

AllShare

Allows your TV to wirelessly access and stream content from any compatible device, like a PC or mobile device. Share movies, photos, and music all through a single device: your TV. And with cloud technology, you can access and even share content away from home.

Samsung Active 3D

Enjoy stunning Full HD 1080p in both 2D and 3D modes. With Samsung's 3D converter, turn 2D viewing into 3D for an amazing cinematic experience.

Smart Hub

Our new interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels: On TV, Movies and TV Shows, Social, Apps, and a panel for your Photos, Videos and Music.

Smart Touch Remote

The Smart Touch Remote Control features an innovative touch pad and built-in microphone allowing you to easily interact with your Smart TV.

Dual Core processor

Dual Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time. It also enables fast web browsing while playing apps or TV programs that you've recently opened through the Recent History feature.

Built-in WiFi

Enhance the connectivity capabilities of your TV with Built-in WiFi.

Full Web Browser

All the benefits of full web browsing, right on your TV. From social sites like Facebook and Twitter to news, weather, entertainment, blogs and more. Discover even more content possibilities with your Smart TV.

ENERGY STAR

ENERGY STAR qualified products meet strict energy efficiency specifications set by the government. This Samsung TV not only meets ENERGY STAR requirements; it exceeds them.

Clear Motion Rate 720

A Clear Motion Rate of 720 is an incredible level of motion-clarity. TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with impressive sharpness, clarity and contrast. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology.

Micro Dimming

Samsung's advanced picture contrast technology controls and enhances LED screen brightness, for even whiter whites and deeper blacks.

What's Included:

UNXXF7100 XX-Inch Ultra Slim 3D Smart LED HDTV, Smart Touch Remote, 4 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses, and Documentation.

I saw the other F7100 thread..but the traffic was low. The F8000 has two threads also- so why not?

Additional Features:

Ultraslim Bezel; Ultraslim design (1-1/4" deep)

Comes with a stand or can be mounted on a wall (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA 400mm x 400mm compliant.

Connect to the Internet

Samsung's Smart TV 2.0 features a Web browser, a dual-core processor and access to Netflix, Pandora, Skype, Facebook, YouTube, Hulu Plus, HBO GO, ESPN ScoreCenter and more.

1080p display

Provides a highly detailed picture and is ideal for 1080p-capable content, including Blu-ray movies.

DTS Premium Sound 5.1

Along with DTS Studio Sound processing creates an immersive listening experience. Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Pulse optimize sound playback from your compatible PC, mobile phone, tablet or other device.

Inputs

Include 4 HDMI, 1 component, 1 shared composite and 1 DVI audio.

3 USB ports

Smart Touch remote

With a built-in microphone allows easy voice interaction with your TV via S-Recommendation technology.

See less See more
#2,802 ·
I too have seen the "magenta/ pink tint" issue before. I agree about the reset after an update.

I just had to reset the smart hub a couple of weeks ago. when it started hanging up not sure if it was related to the Samsung App server update.

The only unresolved issue I have with 1113 now is that the universal remote set-up will not turn off my 8742HDC cable box

but it will send the IR signal when turning on the TV. So now I have to manually turn off the box each time.

Its like a new batch of bugs each update. the good news is I almost have all the settings, model numbers, ect memorized

Reactions: PiratesCove
#2,803 ·
In the last few days, my f7100 has developed a strange fault.

While watching any source, the voice mode activates randomly (dims screen, turns down volume and mic logo appears) I have no idea why, both remotes are flat on the table, so not pushing a button by accident.

Very odd - any one ever have this or any idea why?

I thought it maybe trigged by sound from the TV or us talking, but there seems to be no pattern.

#2,804 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbler77  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23870415

While watching any source, the voice mode activates randomly (dims screen, turns down volume and mic logo appears) I have no idea why, both remotes are flat on the table, so not pushing a button by accident.

I thought it maybe trigged by sound from the TV or us talking, but there seems to be no pattern.

Been happening to me too, just thought i was going crazy. Have only noticed it when I change channels on my Directv genie box.

#2,805 ·
I just got off phone with Amazon and they will not price match Abe's of Maine. Bigboxsuperstore salesman claims it is authorized dealer of Samsung. Not true. Samsung said no and do not warranty unauthorized sets. Abe's of Maine did not answer phone and message 2 hrs ago not answered. I can't find phone # for Eastcoasttv and ask if they charge 8% for shipping insurance.

#2,806 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madb  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23870385

I too have seen the "magenta/ pink tint" issue before. I agree about the reset after an update.

I just had to reset the smart hub a couple of weeks ago. when it started hanging up not sure if it was related to the Samsung App server update.

The only unresolved issue I have with 1113 now is that the universal remote set-up will not turn off my 8742HDC cable box

but it will send the IR signal when turning on the TV. So now I have to manually turn off the box each time.

Its like a new batch of bugs each update. the good news is I almost have all the settings, model numbers, ect memorized

Good to know its not just me......I have the settings stored on my HP Laptop.

#2,807 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbler77  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23870415

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall08fan  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23870912

Been happening to me too, just thought i was going crazy. Have only noticed it when I change channels on my Directv genie box.

Sounds like more firmware update bugs....with the F7100's Sounds.

#2,808 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23869413

Well Iv'e said it before... Another "WEIRD" issue that eventially shows after doing a firmware update. A Factory Reset magically fixes it never to return again (until mabye the next Firmware Update gets installed). I have to admit, this sound issue is a new one for the books for sure!!!! So far, no matter how hard I tried to avoid doing the Reset thing, I discovered a firmware issue showing up Each & Every Time shortly after doing a Firmware Update!

I had a sound issue way back with the Mute function from the remote.

Luckily the remote itself has worked great with Touch Sensitivity: Low.

#2,809 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23872798

I had a sound issue way back with the Mute function from the remote.

Luckily the remote itself has worked great with Touch Sensitivity: Low.
I thought I remembered you getting a new remote for some reason. Anyways back to the bugs in firmware... Tonight after using my mouse to select the Smart Hub, The cursor locked up and then the TV shut Off. WTF!!!! This firmware seemed very solid up until the supposed Samsung Server maintenance a while back. They didn't mention any software updates but being connected to the web full time, who knows what they really do. For some reason, there seems a lot more posting about having to do Factory Resets from sound issues, connection issues, the pink tint thing, STB functional problems, Etc. I think engineering is having to work double hard to come up with 2013 Smart Hub platform continuing to work with the 2012 EVO Kit ES7500/8000 TV'S. I'm just thinking back to the eairier versions seeming more responsive and very stable. The latest version is not bad but totally "CRASHY" at times. The at times part is a bit concerning to me. The picture itself is really amazing so I hate to think I will have to do anotther Firmware update in hopes of better stability once again. I can see all of my TV programming by just closing my eyes since I've done it so often it has burned itself inside my eye lids. Mabye I have my back light turned up to high....

#2,810 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23872774

Good to know its not just me......I have the settings stored on my HP Laptop.

If I need them I have my settings backed up on a couple pieces of paper that I printed from your settings

#2,811 ·

Jus got 65 F7100 last night.  TV did not seem to be as great I thought it would be.  Theres a bit of motion blur.  I am thinking bout returning this TV and getting a Sony 70 R550A for the same price.  Even thought the samsung 7100 has a 240 hz rate and the R550A has a 120hz rate, at best buy I didnt really notice a difference.  Not sure if its their connection but when looking side by side, the samsung screen did look a bit brighter.  Is the R550A comparable to the 7100?  I dont really need the 3d features or the smart features. I just want a big tv with really good picture quality and low motion blur.

#2,812 ·
I have been living with a new UN65F7100 for a bout a week now. I have read pretty much all posts here, and thought I would share my experience so far.

I primarily bought this TV to watch movies 80% of the time. It has a dedicated media room, and the kids and wife watch tv in other rooms throughout the house.

I have tried most settings and have settle on the Movie setting with adjustments suggested here in the forum. I can say that Blu-Ray and Apple TV movies look amazing, I am very happy with the picture quality, definition, and motion (clear motion set to on)

I have two issues with this set that I have yet to resolve:

1. Cable TV picture quality. It seems that no matter what I do with the settings, the faces look like they have less detail than the rest of the picture, strange as I have a 3 year old Sony LED 60" TV that can render the faces quite well.

2. Smart TV - It is buggy, however I have no plans to use any of the apps\features, as my Apple TV more than takes care of my needs.

I have 3 weeks left to determine whether I will keep this TV or bring back. The problem is... what would I get if I did return it. Pretty much every TV on the market today has issues (both Plasma and LCD\LED) this may be the best option...

I would rate it very high if I could fix the face detail on HD cable. Funny as Bluray and AppleTV movies are rendered in extreme detail, very nice.

#2,813 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie12  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23875268

I have two issues with this set that I have yet to resolve:

1. Cable TV picture quality. It seems that no matter what I do with the settings, the faces look like they have less detail than the rest of the picture, strange as I have a 3 year old Sony LED 60" TV that can render the faces quite well.

2. Smart TV - It is buggy, however I have no plans to use any of the apps\features, as my Apple TV more than takes care of my needs.

Willie 12. Who is your cable TV provider? I have Time Warner (NYC). I also got this TV (55" version) about a month ago, and while I love it, the close-ups of faces on certain shows on some cable channels do not look as crisp as they do on my 3 year old 42" LG LCD. Yet, other times, the picture blows me away. I have to believe that this is somehow an interaction between (Samsung) LED implementation and HD CATV. I am certainly satisfied thus far, and also do not use the smart hub. I use my Roku 3 instead.

#2,815 ·

Quote:

2. Smart TV - It is buggy, however I have no plans to use any of the apps\features, as my Apple TV more than takes care of my needs

For better HD cable, try setting your box to only output 1080i instead of giving it the option of sending 720p. These TV's don't do conversions as well as some brands (sony is good).

As for buggy smart TV, be sure and do a reset after updates (the one through the support menu).

#2,816 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23873479

I thought I remembered you getting a new remote for some reason. Anyways back to the bugs in firmware... Tonight after using my mouse to select the Smart Hub, The cursor locked up and then the TV shut Off. WTF!!!! This firmware seemed very solid up until the supposed Samsung Server maintenance a while back. For some reason, there seems a lot more posting about having to do Factory Resets from sound issues, connection issues, the pink tint thing, STB functional problems, Etc. I think engineering is having to work double hard to come up with 2013 Smart Hub platform continuing to work with the 2012 EVO Kit ES7500/8000 TV'S. I'm just thinking back to the eairier versions seeming more responsive and very stable. The latest version is not bad but totally "CRASHY" at times. The picture itself is really amazing so I hate to think I will have to do anotther Firmware update in hopes of better stability once again.

+1, The only thing that keeps my piece of mind is to think of the F7100 as a computer.

I have had so many lives, deaths and resurrections on the very HP laptop I'm using to type this-

Its about appreciating the time everything is working.....knowing some issue could be just around the corner.

I'm all for a new firmware update, with the reset- but I'm not looking forward to re-entering all those settings.

#2,817 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPtimes2  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23875864

For better HD cable, try setting your box to only output 1080i instead of giving it the option of sending 720p. These TV's don't do conversions as well as some brands (sony is good).

As for buggy smart TV, be sure and do a reset after updates (the one through the support menu).

+1, Film Mode: Auto 1 with Auto Motion Plus: Off also brings more natural detail to 1080i sources.

#2,819 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4top455  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2790#post_23876664

Firmware 1115 is out.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will try fw. ver. 1115 tonight or early tomorrow.

I guess Samsung figured out fw. ver. 1113 has some issues.

#2,822 ·
I can see it here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60F6300AFXZA

Description as follows:

This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500

The version is 1115.1

This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.

#2,824 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2820#post_23878154

Firmware 1115- I see its on the website, but its not in the HDTV's direct live steam .
This is kind of weird that the downloadable avalibility is ahead of the Live Update function. Well I'm downloading it now. It's a very large file...When its done, I'l install it & report back later... Sure hope this latest version takes care of the stability issues in the Smart Hub without messing up the picture quality!

#2,825 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2820#post_23878194

This is kind of weird that the downloadable avalibility is ahead of the Live Update function. Well I'm downloading it now. It's a very large file...When its done, I'l install it & report back later... Sure hope this latest version takes care of the stability issues in the Smart Hub without messing up the picture quality!

+1, Me too.....

#2,826 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/2820#post_23878357

+1, Me too.....
Well the re-programming is all done after the Firmware Update and so far.. all seems very good. The picture quality is still looking Great! It is to early to tell about the stability of the Smart Hub. During the firmware update, all went OK and I didn't see anything that got messed up from installing the update but to be safe, I did the Factory Reset anyways. More comments later on after some real use with the Latest Firmware 1115.1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.