Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 127 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3781 of 5266 Old 12-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
rurifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

BUT ... Do you know what a jerk you sound like about now. I never mind when others disagree with positive constructive comments and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But you my friend are just reduculous. You have just insunuated that myself, Piratescove as well as macmane must be an unreliable source of information since we currently use & have noticed a slight difference with monster cable.

Sorry that you feel that way, but the truth is that you and others are wrong thinking that HDMI cables can have visible (non-glitch) quality differences. That's not how the technology works. That some insist they can see a difference rightly calls into doubt any other information they may supply. Stick to facts if you want respect. This is a technology forum, not a kumbaya circle where everybody gets to be right. smile.gif

That said, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek; I certainly haven't paid enough attention to who says what in here to remember which of you think cheap HDMI cables contain lazy data elves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

The only useful thing I get out of this post of yours is to NOT read your posts since you are a closed minded person who HATES edge lit technology but bought into it anyways in spite of yourself.

The hate is real at least. Speaking of useful (or not) posts, was my question about a USB install of firmware 1118 lost in the cable nonsense? I would like to get it installed somehow since I feel left out without the latest firmware placebo.
rurifan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3782 of 5266 Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
macmane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

Sorry that you feel that way, but the truth is that you and others are wrong thinking that HDMI cables can have visible (non-glitch) quality differences. That's not how the technology works. That some insist they can see a difference rightly calls into doubt any other information they may supply. Stick to facts if you want respect. This is a technology forum, not a kumbaya circle where everybody gets to be right. smile.gif

That said, my comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek; I certainly haven't paid enough attention to who says what in here to remember which of you think cheap HDMI cables contain lazy data elves.
The hate is real at least. Speaking of useful (or not) posts, was my question about a USB install of firmware 1118 lost in the cable nonsense? I would like to get it installed somehow since I feel left out without the latest firmware placebo.
u guys are totally missing the point Lol no one said that a cable makes your picture dramatically better all we were stating is that in our experiences we noticed a SLIGHT sharper picture. if someone disagrees then ok cool but when u try and tell us we are lying on what WE SAW WITH OUR OWN EYES (key word Our) then that is comedy. Prime example one guy told me o u got ripped off and he doesnt knw what I spent on my products and let alone if I (another key word) am happy with what I bought then his statement is even more invalid Lol. I guess if someone posts a statement saying a certain picture setting that they used is amazing to their eyes that means he is lying right? Smh its all opinion man but I'm new to this forum and mgh and pirate have been great resources along with a lot of other people on here since I became a member and at the end of the day let's just move on from this BS and keep putting our brains together on making this tv the best it can be peace
mgh26 likes this.
macmane is offline  
post #3783 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Member
 
jeffkad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

I had the Samsung A850 a backlit LCD designed for HDTV picture processing.

The F7100's edge-lit LED has a dual processing computer designed for SMART Internet features, 3D, Voice Commands, S-recommendations, etc.

The Samsung C650 was on of the best HDTV's ever made- so your reaction is justified.

The F7100 biggest flaws are its picture processing options are too varied and its edge-lit LED limitations.

Unfortunately, there is no worthy LCD or backlit HDTV successor available.

PiratesCove, thank you for confirming this. Your comment about the C650 was actually echoed by two different BB salesmen. As I said in an earlier post, every time I went to various BB stores, I never saw a display that looked like the C650, so I never pulled the trigger. When my den tv went bad, I had to do something, and after reading sooo many reviews, it seemed like the F7100 was a good compromise. I mean sooo many consumer reviews said the PQ was great, I came to the conclusion that maybe it was BB's fault and not the TV. I guess not. It is amazing to me how we sometimes go backwards in technology. Sorry to rant here, but how can it be 3 years later and the PQ is actually worse? And all because they want to make the set thinner and add more apps. It's all about convenience, much like the ipod and iphone and apple in general has ruined sound quality (yes, I'm a old audiophile) by trading sound quality for convenience (compression is evil, and robs us of music!). Man, I hate this age of convenience/form factor above quality. OK, rant over smile.gif

I cant wait for OLED, but I need a satisfactory solution now. So now what to do?

Is the F7500 or F8000, with a quad core processor, a better choice? I haven't read anything that suggests the F8000 is significantly better than the 7100, only marginally. But I'm open to opinions. Is the F8000 that much better? Also, is maybe the F8500 better?
jeffkad is offline  
post #3784 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Newbie
 
dynaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post


Welcome to AVS Forum and our thread. Congratulations on your first post. If I may make a friendly suggestion. By seeing the red standby light when the TV is off, you know it is off. My wife sometimes shuts off the DVR, but forgets to turn off the TV. By seeing no standby light, I realize the TV is on and I know to shut it off. If you still want to disable the red LED off light, just cover it over with a little black electrical tape. That way if you change your mind, you can just take the tape off.

Thanks for the reply.

 

I brought a LG TV before this F7100 and not satisfied with the picture quality so I returned it. On that LG TV the standby light can be disables in its setup menu. So i wonder if there is a "Service Menu" hidden for advanced setting so I can turn it off. The TV is in my bed room so we don't like the light on in the dark. 

 

Tape will be the last option and it will be UGLY!:cool:

dynaguy is offline  
post #3785 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Member
 
Ghawdex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
!!

I can't seem to get the right calibration that I want... I have tried all the ones on here and are just OKAY for me.

I have a UN55D7000 and compared it to my UN60F71000... and the D7000 is killing it.

Just for my own curiosity, I have taken the calibration from the D7000 to try on my F71000.

Also, do the panels have to do with anything? which is the best panel to have?
Ghawdex is offline  
post #3786 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Member
 
emileg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynaguy View Post

Thanks for the reply.

I brought a LG TV before this F7100 and not satisfied with the picture quality so I returned it. On that LG TV the standby light can be disables in its setup menu. So i wonder if there is a "Service Menu" hidden for advanced setting so I can turn it off. The TV is in my bed room so we don't like the light on in the dark. 

Tape will be the last option and it will be UGLY!cool.gif
Sorry. I am not familiar with the service menu for the f7100 series. Perhaps one of our more daring members might be able to help you out. Good luck.
emileg is offline  
post #3787 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Newbie
 
Bk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'd the same issue and got it to work.

 

Check your dish receiver system info. Your TV1 IR remote is transmitting on a specific channel. Change the channel/frequency to 1 and your samsung remote can operate dish VIP722 receiver.

 

Keep the system info on so you can check the IR channel.

 

On your Dish IR remote hold the Sat button till all the top buttons starts flashing. Press 1 and then #. Sat button will flash 3 times. Press record button now. Verify system info that the IR channel has now changed to 1. 

 

Try your Samsung remote setup as before. This time it will be able to change channel on your dish receiver. Enjoy!

Bk18 is offline  
post #3788 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Newbie
 
Bk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis296 View Post

I recently bought a 46" F7100 from Best Buy, and I am having the most difficult time getting the smart remote to control my Dish Network DVR set top box. I've tried calling Samsung support and Dish Network and neither party has been very helpful with solving my problem. I have the ViP722k DVR from Dish Network, and I have the IR Blaster plugged into the back of the TV. No matter if I use the Universal Remote setup or the On TV Settings, I can't get the TV remote to control my box. It's really frustrating because the Smart Hub definitely can read the programming from Dish Network and it lets me pick shows to watch, but the changing of the channels just doesn't work.

Has anyone managed to get this TV working with a ViP722k DVR from Dish Network? I asked Samsung for a list of compatible devices which they replied "The 2013 lineup of Smart TVs is still very much in a trial and error state for various devices. Your device may not be compatible." If the model number shows up when I search for it, I'm assuming that means it should be compatible. Looking for any help with this situation. The Smart capabilities of this TV are pretty useless to me without being able to change the channel on my Dish box.

Thanks for the help!

- Nemesis

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyJP View Post


Nemesis,

Did you ever get this to work? I am having the same issues with my new TV.

Thanks,
Mike

I'd the same issue and got it to work.

 

Check your dish receiver system info. Your TV1 IR remote is transmitting on a specific channel. Change the channel/frequency to 1 and your samsung remote can operate dish VIP722 receiver.

 

Keep the system info on so you can check the IR channel.

 

On your Dish IR remote hold the Sat button till all the top buttons starts flashing. Press 1 and then #. Sat button will flash 3 times. Press record button now. Verify system info that the IR channel has now changed to 1. 

 

Try your Samsung remote setup as before. This time it will be able to change channel on your dish receiver. Enjoy!

Bk18 is offline  
post #3789 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Newbie
 
Lazlo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Should I exchange my TV? I purchased from Amazon and it will be a hassle to repackage but it does have flashlighting. I understand edge lit is going to have some flashlighting but I figure I have about 70% chance of getting one with less flashlighting than I have. I took a picture with an Iphone and it does not show up great but you can see basiically what I am dealling with (If you have only a portion of the picture at the bottom of your monitor you can see it better not sure why). I am wondering what others peoples thoughts are toward this and do they have flashlighting. This is a UN55F7100


Lazlo7 is offline  
post #3790 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
macmane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Here r my settings for anyone who wants to try these. Standard mode backlight 12 contrast 96 brightness 43 sharpness 35 color 50 advanced settings dynamic contrast low black tone darker flesh tone 0 color space native gamma 0 white balance 26,26,26 25,25,25 color tone standard digital clean view off noise filter off HDMI bleach level low film mode auto2 auto motion plus custom cinema black low. Seems ok to me any input welcome and any suggestions more than welcome Lol
macmane is offline  
post #3791 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,061
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

Personally I cant stand this edge-lit technology and cannot wait for it to die. When is full-array backlit coming back? frown.gif

BTW, I don't know what "picture processing options are too varied" means. More control is good, in fact the independently controlled "clear" and "judder" options is the only thing that saves the F7100 from being unusable (Samsung's dejudder produces artifacts at any level). I'd really appreciate some transparency about what the levels do though. If anything I'd like a few more knobs to tune in the hopes of getting smooth panning in anime without artifacts.

For Samsung only UHD can have the full-array LED backlight.

Back in 2007 Sharp sued Samsung over LCD HDTV tech and Samsung lost:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/188772/article.html

2009 was the last year Samsung could legally make a full-array backlight LED (the B8500).

By varied I mean unnecessary (Motion Lighting, etc.) or non-functional (A.M.P. on some settings) options.
PiratesCove is online now  
post #3792 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,061
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkad View Post

PiratesCove, thank you for confirming this. Your comment about the C650 was actually echoed by two different BB salesmen. As I said in an earlier post, every time I went to various BB stores, I never saw a display that looked like the C650, so I never pulled the trigger. When my den tv went bad, I had to do something, and after reading sooo many reviews, it seemed like the F7100 was a good compromise.

I cant wait for OLED, but I need a satisfactory solution now. So now what to do?

Is the F7500 or F8000, with a quad core processor, a better choice? I haven't read anything that suggests the F8000 is significantly better than the 7100, only marginally. But I'm open to opinions. Is the F8000 that much better? Also, is maybe the F8500 better?

From almost a year I searched for a Samsung A850 successor- the F7100 is definitely it.

I actually wanted a C650- but couldn't find one back in 2012.

The F7100 is great with the right settings and source.

The F7500 and F8000 have more SMART features and advanced Micro-Dimming.

The F8500 (Plasma) is bright- but there are other issues like buzzing and image retention.

OLED is nice - but currently has Motion limitations like LED.

http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/samsung-kn55sc9-curved-oled-tv-review/the-science

Honestly, its a waiting game......
PiratesCove is online now  
post #3793 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
rurifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

From almost a year I searched for a Samsung A850 successor- the F7100 is definitely it.

I actually wanted a C650- but couldn't find one back in 2012.

The F7100 is great with the right settings and source.

The F7500 and F8000 have more SMART features and advanced Micro-Dimming.

The F8500 (Plasma) is bright- but there are other issues like buzzing and image retention.

OLED is nice - but currently has Motion limitations like LED.

http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/samsung-kn55sc9-curved-oled-tv-review/the-science

Honestly, its a waiting game......

Yeah, I was bummed realizing OLED has the same sample-and-hold issues as LCD. Advances in strobing will help, but only wth high frame rate content. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that. frown.gif OLED also needs to solve the aging issues. This is not going to be a silver bullet technology.

By the way, if you care about gaming take care when looking at the other Samsung 2012 models. The F7100's game mode has decent input lag (39ms) but some of the others like the F8000 are far into the unacceptable range (80ms+?). Take a look at this database for more information. When it says (PC) in the lag column that means he had to activate the semi-secret PC mode for the input to achieve that time. (That's bad because PC mode looks noticeably different and lacks some of the color controls; you may not be satified with it for gaming.)
rurifan is offline  
post #3794 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Member
 
WiSH2oo0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghawdex View Post

!!I have a UN55D7000 and compared it to my UN60F71000... and the D7000 is killing it.

I think my apps load faster as well on my D7000. But I believe the 60" is a Sharp panel and that is why I went with the 55" F7100. I had the 60" for a couple of days before I returned it cause it had flashlights in all four corners. Then went through four returns with the 55" before I found one that I could live with that had minimum clouding and flashlight. I had to return two sets also cause it light scratches in the AG coating. After I seen that I pulled out my flashlight and my Oakley bag to clean the screens to make sure all my other sets AG coating was fine.

Also play with the settings. The last firmware update I had to switch from Movie mode to Standard mode.
WiSH2oo0 is offline  
post #3795 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Ghawdex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0 View Post

I think my apps load faster as well on my D7000. But I believe the 60" is a Sharp panel and that is why I went with the 55" F7100. I had the 60" for a couple of days before I returned it cause it had flashlights in all four corners. Then went through four returns with the 55" before I found one that I could live with that had minimum clouding and flashlight. I had to return two sets also cause it light scratches in the AG coating. After I seen that I pulled out my flashlight and my Oakley bag to clean the screens to make sure all my other sets AG coating was fine.

Also play with the settings. The last firmware update I had to switch from Movie mode to Standard mode.


I'm currently using the settings on my F7100 as the same one on my D7000 and I'm already much more happier with it. Gaming is better and so are the colors. still needs a little fine tuning though
Ghawdex is offline  
post #3796 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Member
 
Angelp1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkad View Post

PiratesCove, thank you for confirming this. Your comment about the C650 was actually echoed by two different BB salesmen. As I said in an earlier post, every time I went to various BB stores, I never saw a display that looked like the C650, so I never pulled the trigger. When my den tv went bad, I had to do something, and after reading sooo many reviews, it seemed like the F7100 was a good compromise. I mean sooo many consumer reviews said the PQ was great, I came to the conclusion that maybe it was BB's fault and not the TV. I guess not. It is amazing to me how we sometimes go backwards in technology. Sorry to rant here, but how can it be 3 years later and the PQ is actually worse? And all because they want to make the set thinner and add more apps. It's all about convenience, much like the ipod and iphone and apple in general has ruined sound quality (yes, I'm a old audiophile) by trading sound quality for convenience (compression is evil, and robs us of music!). Man, I hate this age of convenience/form factor above quality. OK, rant over smile.gif

I cant wait for OLED, but I need a satisfactory solution now. So now what to do?

Is the F7500 or F8000, with a quad core processor, a better choice? I haven't read anything that suggests the F8000 is significantly better than the 7100, only marginally. But I'm open to opinions. Is the F8000 that much better? Also, is maybe the F8500 better?

I am replying to this because you asked for an opinion on which model is the better choice the F7100 or the F8000, (and by far no expert in this area). I owned the F7100 for a few months, and absolutely loved the picture quality with one big exception, for me...the flash lighting and clouding. I had two different F7100 sets and both had these issues, even in standard mode. When I moved to the F8000 I immediately saw the difference in this area. No flash lighting and no clouding whatsoever even with the smart led turned off. Although their are many opinions out their, I have to say that even with the amazing picture quality the F7100 has to offer, the F8000 is even better, again an opinion, a stand out is simply the blacks...almost as good as a plasma. Now at least for me I did not notice too much off a difference between the dual core and the quad core processor, other than loading might be a little quicker...again nothing that blows the F7100 away in that area. Hope this helps somewhat in your search.
Angelp1977 is offline  
post #3797 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Darrin_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all-

I have the un65f7050 and was wondering if it's possible to do a full factory reset. I have searched but can't find it. I want to go roll back my firmware and the simply update with a usb.
Darrin_R is offline  
post #3798 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Senior Member
 
rurifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0 View Post

I think my apps load faster as well on my D7000. But I believe the 60" is a Sharp panel and that is why I went with the 55" F7100. I had the 60" for a couple of days before I returned it cause it had flashlights in all four corners. Then went through four returns with the 55" before I found one that I could live with that had minimum clouding and flashlight. I had to return two sets also cause it light scratches in the AG coating. After I seen that I pulled out my flashlight and my Oakley bag to clean the screens to make sure all my other sets AG coating was fine.

Also play with the settings. The last firmware update I had to switch from Movie mode to Standard mode.

Wow, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to give the F7100 5 chances!
(I gave up unsatisfied, too sick of the whole thing to care anymore.)

These panels are way too fragile. I suspect that handling is contributing to the difficulty getting a good panel. Even at home, if you put marginal stress on the frame you will warp the diffusion layer and induce clouding and Dirty Screen Effect (DSE) issues. I know, because I did so -- my first F7100 had zero DSE, until I layed it down attempting to fix the stand leaning. After that it had major DSE, and I haven't seen one since that was free of DSE out of the box.

The final F7100 I kept did surprise me by having nearly invisible Edge Pecil Lines (EPL) though. I've seen EPL to varying degree on all F7100 sets, in my home or on display (on some of them it's really dark) so I had given up on that issue.

Oh also, I should mention -- the first 3 sets I tried were Costco's F7050 model. Speculating the quality issues might be related to that model or Costco's handling, the next two I tried were the normal F7100 from h.h.gregg. There was no difference; don't be afraid of Costo's special model numbering. (And Costco was way more friendly about returns.)
rurifan is offline  
post #3799 of 5266 Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Member
 
saurey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New Owner read most of this entire thread, thanks guys!

Going to try Firmware 1118 shortly have 1117 right now.

Everyone seems to like Warm2 I really can't stand it. Maybe because I watch alot of sports, news, Pawn Stars. A little apple TV content, not as many movies.

Would anyone attest to Mr. Pirate Sir's settings for an almost all TV Broadcast/ Sports/News content?

Cheers all.
saurey is offline  
post #3800 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 02:23 AM
Member
 
GPtimes2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Tried 1118 this morning and it came through without stoping at 59% ( after a few previous failures). If I see any differences or have issues, I post back. Don't have time this morning to check much.smile.gif
GPtimes2 is online now  
post #3801 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 03:43 AM
Newbie
 
nawert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Update 1118 worked for me fine about two hours ago.

 

Question:  Does anyone have PS4 setting they use that they can share with me?  Looking to see what other settings people have.

 

Thanks.

nawert is offline  
post #3802 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Senior Member
 
jb2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurey View Post

New Owner read most of this entire thread, thanks guys!

Going to try Firmware 1118 shortly have 1117 right now.

Everyone seems to like Warm2 I really can't stand it. Maybe because I watch alot of sports, news, Pawn Stars. A little apple TV content, not as many movies.

Would anyone attest to Mr. Pirate Sir's settings for an almost all TV Broadcast/ Sports/News content?

Cheers all.


Interested to see some responses on this one.
jb2c is offline  
post #3803 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Closet Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 120
I really don't know how such a thought could escape me but I'm just now thinking about how I'm going to connect this tv to my Denon 3808 and pS3. What HDMI versions are you using and how do you have it connected to 3d players?
Closet Geek is offline  
post #3804 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
JPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

Wow, I thought I was the only one crazy enough to give the F7100 5 chances!
(I gave up unsatisfied, too sick of the whole thing to care anymore.)

These panels are way too fragile. I suspect that handling is contributing to the difficulty getting a good panel. Even at home, if you put marginal stress on the frame you will warp the diffusion layer and induce clouding and Dirty Screen Effect (DSE) issues. I know, because I did so -- my first F7100 had zero DSE, until I layed it down attempting to fix the stand leaning. After that it had major DSE, and I haven't seen one since that was free of DSE out of the box.

The final F7100 I kept did surprise me by having nearly invisible Edge Pecil Lines (EPL) though. I've seen EPL to varying degree on all F7100 sets, in my home or on display (on some of them it's really dark) so I had given up on that issue.

Oh also, I should mention -- the first 3 sets I tried were Costco's F7050 model. Speculating the quality issues might be related to that model or Costco's handling, the next two I tried were the normal F7100 from h.h.gregg. There was no difference; don't be afraid of Costo's special model numbering. (And Costco was way more friendly about returns.)

You have a lot more patience than I do. I'm waiting for my first replacement to arrive, and if I'm not satisfied with the screen uniformity, I don't know what to do. I have a love/hate relationship with this TV. It's got a gorgeous picture 90% of the time, but with darker content, I'm distracted by the clouding. I haven't even tried movie mode without the micro dimming band-aid. This is the TV I want, because there is nothing else, unless I go one size down to a 55" and get the Sony KDL-55W900A for hundreds more, or possibly get a Panasonic VT60 and worry about screen burn.
JPowers is offline  
post #3805 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
macmane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawert View Post

Update 1118 worked for me fine about two hours ago.

Question:  Does anyone have PS4 setting they use that they can share with me?  Looking to see what other settings people have.

Thanks.
I have a ps4 and I'm using standard mode I'm still tweaking settings though. So far I have the ps4 set to automatic as far as rgb goes. Backlight 15 contrast 96 brightness real low at 35 sharpness 35 as well. Can't remember the other settings not at home Lol but what settgs r u using?
macmane is offline  
post #3806 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
 
JPowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I hear what youre saying but have you ever actually read the test certification that Monster performs on it's products? The only way they achieve the consistant high speed bandwidth Certification from the testing Labs & for the long haul is by using top notch quality parts with the best & latest known materials that will not degrade as it ages nearly as much as many other high speed Hdmi cables made with cheaper build materials in the cable build process. This is NOT to say that other manufacture Low Cost Hdmi cables are cheaply made but does allows them to be sold at a lower price to us comsumers..

The materials & test certification does raise the cost of the Monster made Hdmi products but they do charge a Ridiculously HIGH retail price which I won't pay. I tried my best to explain the technical reasons in simple terms but I guess maybe you just don't get it or agree with it & thats OK.

CNET has their own opinion just as yourself & I can respect that but my eyes don't fool me & it's NOT a placebo effect. CNET says it will give sombody 1 million $ to prove the picture is better with high end cables knowing that may be impossible to do since it's the human eye that percieves the difference. I did the testing along with a few of my friends at the time I did the compairson (sound familar?) and each of us DID notice a SLIGHTLY sharper image with less over-all picture artifacts (Compaired the cables on 2 different HDMI ports with the same source & video to be as fair as possible) BUT you really wouldn't notice any difference unless compairing since the picture looked "Real Good" with both cables. SO why not try the tests for yourself before believing 100% in CNET's or anybody elses opinion. I did & was very glad that I haden't felt I had wasted money on deceptive marketing hype. Up to that point. I was in agreement with you, for sure. I just needed another Hdmi cable at the time & found a GREAT price for the required 8 foot legnth that I needed for my 3D Blu-ray player while shopping on Amazon. Thats when I started to learn about this cable topic a bit more. I'm NO expert on this topic by any means. I just like the Monster Brand after doing the compairson. By the way, I did compare the Monster Brand with a very inexpensive High Speed Hdmi Cable made by Ultra Products.This cable also had very good reviews and Bandwidth specs as well. Just not quite as good in my opinion. Of course it also only cost about $15 bucks on line when I bought it. & it works just fine over-all. Maybe well just have to disagree with this one but if you ever do get a chance to actually do the comparison against a very "Low Cost but high speed Hdmi cable", I would be interested to hear back form you again to see what you would now think. In the mean time, Have a good one!!!

We're not just talking CNET's "opinion" here, and not my opinion vs. yours. This is fact vs. fiction. Monster and companies like Audioquest prey on people who believe their slick lies and predatory sales techniques at places like Best Buy. There's a HUGE markup on this stuff. When I was shopping at Best Buy for a 60" TV recently, I had a conversation with an employee in the Magnolia section about not wanting the Panasonic ST60 because of the poor input lag performance. He insisted that this was due to the quality of the HDMI cable being used. Seriously! You can't argue or teach these people anything. It's like a cult. I just said "really," then thanked him and walked away. These are the kind of people who are spreading lies about HDMI cable. They're either brainwashed or borderline crooks.

You guys seem like decent people, and I don't want to piss you off like I did the other guy, but if you believe marketing gibberish over evidence from expert testimony, then you're just trying to justify having spent money on something that, although good, isn't what it claims to be. It's a scam, plain and simple:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38731070/#.UrHEeLQzJOI

Audioquest and Monster both make good quality HDMI cables, I'm not disputing that. They just can't change the laws of physics, like you, or anyone else who gets suckered into their BS believes. It's impossible.

This HDMI cable claims to have anti-virus protection, lol:

http://gizmodo.com/5928934/is-there-anyone-stupid-enough-to-believe-that-this-cable-has-anti+virus-protection

By the way, this is why I hate Monster, and one of the reasons why I now buy from Blue Jeans:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/monster-sues-blue-jeans-cable

http://www.audioholics.com/news/blue-jeans-strikes-back
JPowers is offline  
post #3807 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Member
 
theeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know of a good workaround to navigating the System Menus and such without use of 'touch pad' finger swipes. In general, I hate 'buttonless' control mainly due to lack of sensory feedback. When using the touch pad on the remote, my motions are routinely misinterpreted, and precise control is lost. It does not seem as though depressing the touchpad edges equate to up/down/left/right directionals as they dont seem to affect positioning of highlighted menu items. I certainly wish Samsung would have included actual directional buttons as well.
theeld is offline  
post #3808 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ljmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN / Clwtr FL
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPowers View Post


By the way, this is why I hate Monster, and one of the reasons why I now buy from Blue Jeans:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/monster-sues-blue-jeans-cable

http://www.audioholics.com/news/blue-jeans-strikes-back

awesome reads, thanks for sharing!

Samsung PN51F8500. Marantz SR5008. Oppo BDP 103D. Sony BDP S5100. Emp Tek E55TIB LR, E5CIB, E55WIB. Sennheiser Momentum. Sennheiser 598.
ljmart is offline  
post #3809 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Member
 
jeffkad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelp1977 View Post

I am replying to this because you asked for an opinion on which model is the better choice the F7100 or the F8000, (and by far no expert in this area). I owned the F7100 for a few months, and absolutely loved the picture quality with one big exception, for me...the flash lighting and clouding. I had two different F7100 sets and both had these issues, even in standard mode. When I moved to the F8000 I immediately saw the difference in this area. No flash lighting and no clouding whatsoever even with the smart led turned off. Although their are many opinions out their, I have to say that even with the amazing picture quality the F7100 has to offer, the F8000 is even better, again an opinion, a stand out is simply the blacks...almost as good as a plasma. Now at least for me I did not notice too much off a difference between the dual core and the quad core processor, other than loading might be a little quicker...again nothing that blows the F7100 away in that area. Hope this helps somewhat in your search.

Angelp, thanks much for your comments. Can you give me a sense of how much better the F8000 is? I either don't have or am not sensitive to flashlighting/clouding. My main concern is consistency of picture and clarity/detail, and lack of distortion, re-focusing, mottling of picture.
jeffkad is offline  
post #3810 of 5266 Old 12-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Member
 
saurey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any good settings for SPORTS? I know most people on here post for Movies I figure. Warm2, low sharpness, brightness, all that is great for movies.

Cheers
saurey is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off