Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4321 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Member
 
tedcousens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

what is your viewing distance? and what will be the main reasons for the tv? do u watch sports or blu rays? are u looking size or more quality? the 7100 has the clear panel which will look better to the eye, also has the 240hz , and double the CMR, if u want the better picture, the 7100. im happy with my 65, but my viewing distance is only about 10 feet. i have debated doing a corner mount, but after seeing the corner flashlighting it will be harder to hide if i cant fix them, so i may just leave it on the stand. having the tv higher up and on a mount the flashlighting will be more noticable.

I will mostly be watching cable, streaming video and blu-ray. I don't own any game boxes. I do like sports - I typically watch from a distance of 11-12 feet and the tv will not be attached to a wall. What do you suggest?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty
tedcousens is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4322 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Senior Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
ive never seen a 75" in someones house, just at the store, but if your only within 12 feet, the 65 im sure would be good and has the better picture, IMO the slightly smaller but sharper picture would probably be better because you'll be close enough to see the difference. if u were 17-20feet back u might not be able to see a difference in pic quality.

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
ray0414 is online now  
post #4323 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Senior Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
what have some of you done that had bad flashligting in the corners? not sure i wanna read all 150 pages again lol it is very distracting, will a technician come out and take the tv apart and make any adjustments to fix it?

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
ray0414 is online now  
post #4324 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Member
 
weezerfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

what have some of you done that had bad flashligting in the corners? not sure i wanna read all 150 pages again lol it is very distracting, will a technician come out and take the tv apart and make any adjustments to fix it?

I turned my backlight way down and that has helped. Was at 14-15 and now it's at 8. That helped with it being such a distraction. Picture still looks just as good. I have black out curtains in my living room, so that takes a lot of sunlight out of my living room. I really wanted the F8000 or F7500, but couldn't afford either. I'm living with the couple of shortcomings the f7100 has. The picture is still pretty phenomenal to me!
weezerfan84 is offline  
post #4325 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Senior Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post

I turned my backlight way down and that has helped. Was at 14-15 and now it's at 8. That helped with it being such a distraction. Picture still looks just as good. I have black out curtains in my living room, so that takes a lot of sunlight out of my living room. I really wanted the F8000 or F7500, but couldn't afford either. I'm living with the couple of shortcomings the f7100 has. The picture is still pretty phenomenal to me!

i like the higher backlight, i think it brings out the detail and bright colors, one of the main reason i got the tv, i see some people have been told to turn the backlight 7 for a few weeks, so after a few weeks u can put hte backlight up higher and the flashlighting isnt as bad? i love this tv, but the flashlighting is an annoyance during dark scenes, my eyes are drawn right to it EVERY TIME lol

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
ray0414 is online now  
post #4326 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Thelt2000x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey everyone. I used to have the f7100 but returned it due to some bad clouding and flash lighting. I just bought a Sony w850a. FWIW, here are some pics. If you have a f7100 and are thinking about getting another TV because of the clouding and flash lighting I recommend you do some research and take a look at the Sony. Am not trying to troll just help people and let them know there are other options out there like people did with me. I am still tweaking and evaluating this TV to see if it is for me but I'm liking it so far. Feel free to PM for any questions. [IMG]
Thelt2000x is offline  
post #4327 of 5344 Old 01-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Thelt2000x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22


P.S. I like a bright screen. The Sonys backlight max is ten. That's what i had it on for these pics.
Thelt2000x is offline  
post #4328 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 05:34 AM
Member
 
4top455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

what have some of you done that had bad flashligting in the corners? not sure i wanna read all 150 pages again lol it is very distracting, will a technician come out and take the tv apart and make any adjustments to fix it?
Reduce tge backlight tolowest level that you like and see if u can use standard mode .It greatly reduces clouding and some flashlighting by employing microdimming!! Rubning the screen or loosening screws.....ur on ur own risk of damaging stuff
4top455 is offline  
post #4329 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 05:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
slow ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow ride View Post

The only basic issue I have with this tv is at times I have background jutter and blurr. I have it so I can live with it . I'm wondering if I can improve it. In standard and natural pic mode I have my auto motion set to low. I have never set it to custom and adjusted the jutter and blurr settings. So what seems to be the general consensus between auto motion set to low or off verse custom setting the jutter and blurr?

I mostly interested in non sporting events because it does not seem to be an issue for me with them. Just the background can be blurry with general high def tv. I have direct tv for what it's worth.

Bump
slow ride is offline  
post #4330 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Member
 
BMD004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The viewing angle on this TV is horrible. If I'm standing or sitting just slightly to the side of the TV, it looks washed out. Like this:




Just from there it looks a bit washed out. Looks great from straight-on. But pretty bad if you are sitting on the love seat right to the left of the TV.
BMD004 is offline  
post #4331 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Member
 
tedcousens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

ive never seen a 75" in someones house, just at the store, but if your only within 12 feet, the 65 im sure would be good and has the better picture, IMO the slightly smaller but sharper picture would probably be better because you'll be close enough to see the difference. if u were 17-20feet back u might not be able to see a difference in pic quality.

okay - 7100 it is. Now.

Costco, Amazon and Best Buy have the tv for the same price with free shipping - which way do I go?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty
tedcousens is offline  
post #4332 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Newbie
 
tdotz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Did you ever find out what the problem was with your TV dimming on its own then getting brighter when you pull up anything on the TV itself like volume or menu? I am having the same problem and can't for the life of me figure it out.

tdotz is offline  
post #4333 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Newbie
 
starshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Parker County
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Costco, Amazon and Best Buy have the tv for the same price with free shipping - which way do I go?[/quote]

I am new here but my vote would be Costco which is where I got mine. They either extend Samsung's warranty an extra year or cover it themselves and have a 90 day return policy. You can buy a square trade warranty through Costco for $99.00 to cover years 3-5. Their delivery time is advertised as 7-10 days I believe. Ordered mine on a Friday (since the store was out) and it delivered before lunch on Monday.

Just my .02 cents
starshockey is offline  
post #4334 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Where do u live tedcoysins? Paulstv has it for 2099 and their warranties are about 100 cheaper. They also waved 140 in tax to competewith an open box on their website fot 1799.

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
ray0414 is online now  
post #4335 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Square trade warranties are deceptive. If u have the 2000 warranty u cant go over 2000 in fixes and if u do...your screwed.

TV; samsung 65F7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
ray0414 is online now  
post #4336 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
indept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Deptford,Nj.
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD004 View Post

The viewing angle on this TV is horrible. If I'm standing or sitting just slightly to the side of the TV, it looks washed out. Like this:




Just from there it looks a bit washed out. Looks great from straight-on. But pretty bad if you are sitting on the love seat right to the left of the TV.

Honestly If I were you I'd be more worried about your health, you need to put on some weight.... Jusy saying..... biggrin.gif
indept is online now  
post #4337 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Member
 
tedcousens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

Where do u live tedcoysins? Paulstv has it for 2099 and their warranties are about 100 cheaper. They also waved 140 in tax to competewith an open box on their website fot 1799.

I live in CA, they would not waive tax - but their open boxes are tempting - 65" 8000 series for 2650 is a real deal.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty
tedcousens is offline  
post #4338 of 5344 Old 01-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Member
 
4top455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post

G]
Honestly If I were you I'd be more worried about your health, you need to put on some weight.... Jusy saying..... biggrin.gif
What is ur panel version?
See pics attached to compare side to side vs head on and see if u note a diff. Sammy panels are believed to have better side on view vs.Sharps ....just sharing what I've read so don't get upset if u don't agree...hipe itll help u [IMG][IMG]took at almost 15 degrees to each side ....extreme angle but negligible washout ..imo atleast
4top455 is offline  
post #4339 of 5344 Old 01-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Member
 
BMD004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4top455 View Post


What is ur panel version?
See pics attached to compare side to side vs head on and see if u note a diff. Sammy panels are believed to have better side on view vs.Sharps ....just sharing what I've read so don't get upset if u don't agree...hipe itll help u [IMG][IMG]took at almost 15 degrees to each side ....extreme angle but negligible washout ..imo atleast
I had the Sharp LE650u for a week before I returned it and got this Samsung 7100.

Both wash out a good bit just from sitting slightly off angle.
BMD004 is offline  
post #4340 of 5344 Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Member
 
4top455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD004 View Post

I had the Sharp LE650u for a week before I returned it and got this Samsung 7100.

Both wash out a good bit just from sitting slightly off angle.

I'm sorry I didnt explain my thoughts clearly.Im trying to say that some Samsung panel versions(THXX VERSUS ahxx or hsxx) are manufactured by different manufacturers FOR SAMSUNG.Therefore your panel's off centre washout may be more or less than an identical tv with a different panel manufacturer .See the article below for more on these differences....

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm
4top455 is offline  
post #4341 of 5344 Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Member
 
EvanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtenner View Post

I discovered that firmware 1120 allows me to cast my Google Nexus 7 tablet using screen mirroring.  No AllShare Cast required!

Sorry to respond to you again, but I think my post got a little buried. Can you tell us how you did this?
EvanC is offline  
post #4342 of 5344 Old 01-31-2014, 11:30 PM
Newbie
 
nawert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Was playing my PS4 today on a game called Warframe.  I noticed when playing and I enter a darker than normal hallway or scene that the TV picture gets so dark it's impossible to see.  It seems like the TV automatically dims itself for whats on the screen making dark areas in games impossible.  I think I notice it on dark scenes in movies too.  Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?

nawert is offline  
post #4343 of 5344 Old 02-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Member
 
Sebas Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotz View Post

Did you ever find out what the problem was with your TV dimming on its own then getting brighter when you pull up anything on the TV itself like volume or menu? I am having the same problem and can't for the life of me figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawert View Post

Was playing my PS4 today on a game called Warframe.  I noticed when playing and I enter a darker than normal hallway or scene that the TV picture gets so dark it's impossible to see.  It seems like the TV automatically dims itself for whats on the screen making dark areas in games impossible.  I think I notice it on dark scenes in movies too.  Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?
its the stupid micro dimming feature , only way to turn it off is to use movie mode, it makes games like bf4 and splinter cell 4unplayable in game mode cuz how dark it makes the tv , unfortunately its not possible to disable in game mode
Sebas Garcia is offline  
post #4344 of 5344 Old 02-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
 
macmane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebas Garcia View Post


its the stupid micro dimming feature , only way to turn it off is to use movie mode, it makes games like bf4 and splinter cell 4unplayable in game mode cuz how dark it makes the tv , unfortunately its not possible to disable in game mode
I was having that problem as well when playing bf4 on the ps4 but actually I fixed it and I play on standard mode with all picture enhancements disabled. U have to turn eco motion off as well as motion lighting.
macmane is online now  
post #4345 of 5344 Old 02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Newbie
 
nawert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post


I was having that problem as well when playing bf4 on the ps4 but actually I fixed it and I play on standard mode with all picture enhancements disabled. U have to turn eco motion off as well as motion lighting.

Do you not use game mode?  I have game mode on so its standard mode and all picture enhancements disabled also.

nawert is offline  
post #4346 of 5344 Old 02-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
slow ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawert View Post

Do you not use game mode?  I have game mode on so its standard mode and all picture enhancements disabled also.

Is game mode and dynamic mode the same?
slow ride is offline  
post #4347 of 5344 Old 02-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Newbie
 
Aussie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repro View Post

I noticed that after upgrading to firmware 1120, I had to re-enter my Netflix account information on all the TVs that were updated.

Now when I switch back from Netflix to the TV view, it does not remember the set top hdmi source. It goes back to TV source.

Has anyone else noticed and been able to fix so it goes back to the source that the TV was on before going to Netflix?


I am also getting this problem. The other updates for version 1120 are great. But every time I exit netflix, the source has switched from hdmi2 (directv) to the over the air / tv source. Since I don't have any reception all I get is a fuzzy / no connection screen.

Help! Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this (other than changing the source each time). All other apps function correctly on exit.

Aussie
Aussie1 is offline  
post #4348 of 5344 Old 02-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Newbie
 
nawert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow ride View Post


Is game mode and dynamic mode the same?

Game mode is in setting not in picture in the menu.  It automatically turns all the extra effects off that the TV applies for maximize gaming experience.  Only thing is I still get the screen dimming too much because of the micro dimming feature.

nawert is offline  
post #4349 of 5344 Old 02-02-2014, 06:03 AM
Member
 
msny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie1 View Post

I am also getting this problem. The other updates for version 1120 are great. But every time I exit netflix, the source has switched from hdmi2 (directv) to the over the air / tv source. Since I don't have any reception all I get is a fuzzy / no connection screen.

Help! Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this (other than changing the source each time). All other apps function correctly on exit.

Aussie

Any fix for this, is this happening to others?
One of the reasons I don't grab every firmware update that comes out, I'm still at v1117.

Did you attempt to reset the box to factory settings, then redo your setup?
msny is offline  
post #4350 of 5344 Old 02-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
bucknuts07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

That shadow just makes the W802A look nasty, especially combined with the clouding and flashlighting common to edge-lit panels. It's a shame, since I really wanted to like that set for gaming -- ultra low lag and impulse strobing mode. The fat black bezel also looked very out of date next to most of the other 2013 models.
Yes, CE Dimming is a terrible antifeature particularly in games. The fact that Samsung doesn't let you disable it in most modes suggests that it's needed to address technology shortcomings like flashlighting and clouding. I was ready to ditch the F7100 over it, but the workaround I've mentioned in here (Brightness:53, White balance r/g/b-offset 18) is acceptable. I don't consider PC mode an option because of the dull colors.

With brightness at 53, isn't image washed out quite a bit ? Could you change gamma to -1 or so with these settings and dimming still be disabled ?

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

 

PSN-bucknuts07

bucknuts07 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off