Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

For both: try lowering the backlight between 10-6, also use the eco sensor it lowers the backlight automatically in a dim room.

Cinema Black set to Low, Medium or High may help.

If you still have the Flashlighting (lightbleed/corner clouding) - it may be a problem.

I knew you would be the first to answer! Mr. Reliable. I am actually using the setting you posted for Standard Mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM

Ok so i did the hard reset and i still get the dancing wht box. Its time to return this turd of a tv and get a panasonic. I am officially writing samsung off they just arent what they used to be anymore. They need to stick to phones and get out of the tv business.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
post #453 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnol00 View Post

Ok so i did the hard reset and i still get the dancing wht box. Its time to return this turd of a tv and get a panasonic. I am officially writing samsung off they just arent what they used to be anymore. They need to stick to phones and get out of the tv business.

Your tv is defective, I understand your frustration. Either try to replace with another f7100, or move along to the panasonic. The Panasonic is a great tv, as long as you dont play videogames, or plan to do so. I had the st60, and if I didnt have a 112 inch setup in my basement with a epson 8500 ub, and didnt have young kids that watched alot of logo channels, and didnt play video games ( and this was biggest factor for me), I would have kept the st60. Having said that, the f7100 is an amazing tv, and much more flexible for my use. Plus motion is now awesome with the newest firmware.

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #454 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts07 View Post

Your tv is defective, I understand your frustration. Either try to replace with another f7100, or move along to the panasonic. The Panasonic is a great tv, as long as you dont play videogames, or plan to do so. I had the st60, and if I didnt have a 112 inch setup in my basement with a epson 8500 ub, and didnt have young kids that watched alot of logo channels, and didnt play video games ( and this was biggest factor for me), I would have kept the st60. Having said that, the f7100 is an amazing tv, and much more flexible for my use. Plus motion is now awesome with the newest firmware.

Ive seen people talking about this and it makes me happy. Every LED Ive seen has always had some sort of the ugly fast motion blockiness, even with the Auto Motion on. Did this newest firmware update totally kill the blockiness, or just remove a large % of it? You say gaming is good on this tv as well? Im in the gaming industry, and play a ton of games, so this will be my biggest test of this tv. Im getting my 65f7100 delivered in about an hour. So excite! smile.gif
post #455 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:

How can you even make this statement? You have a problem with e tech device and that means the company does not know what they are doing. Samsung makes some of the best LED TV's out there and now are even competing for the plasma leader with the F8500. Every see a Panasonic LED? Should Samsung stop making LED TV's so we can buy Panasonic. Boy, what a treat we would be in.

Now onto the ST60 which is probably what you are looking to buy which I had owned for 2 weeks. Do you think this TV is perfect? It still has nasty IR problems, 3D only works with motion smoothing turned on mid or strong otherwise it is unwatchable. Terrible game lag. Their smart features are one step above dumb. I like to stream movies from my Android devices to the TV. Barely works with the ST60. Plays them in slow motion or just keeps loading. Should I keep going.....According to your observations though, maybe Panasonic should stop making TV's as well since they cannot put out perfect TV's. Oh yeah, what about the line people complain about going down the side of the screen?
post #456 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 09:13 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank0723 View Post

Ive seen people talking about this and it makes me happy. Every LED Ive seen has always had some sort of the ugly fast motion blockiness, even with the Auto Motion on. Did this newest firmware update totally kill the blockiness, or just remove a large % of it? You say gaming is good on this tv as well? Im in the gaming industry, and play a ton of games, so this will be my biggest test of this tv. Im getting my 65f7100 delivered in about an hour. So excite! smile.gif

On my F6400,the firmware update seemed to totally kill the blockiness...until I watched the Hobbit last night via Comcast On Demand. After I applied the update, I watched several things that had noticeable fast motion blockiness before, and it was gone on all of them. I didn't see it again on any movie or TV show for the past several days.

However, when I watched the Hobbit last night, I could see it again on certain scenes (fire, explosions, huge battles, etc.). So far the Hobbit seems to be the only place its apparent...what that means, I have no idea.

Regardless, 1104 was an instant and obvious improvement.
post #457 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 AM

I'm trying to decide between the 7100 and a Panasonic ST60 and the issue I am on the fence on is gaming. I'm worried about input lag on the 7100 and IR on the ST60. I also have read from some owners that there is some noticeable input lag on the ST60, which surprises me since it is a plasma. Do any 7100 owners that play video games have a good opinion on how the 7100 performs with videogames (especially FPS) when all the right settings are selected?

HT: 60" Samsung UN60F7100, Infinity Primus 360 towers/152 rears/PC350 center, Elemental Designs A2-300 12" sub
Music: PSB Image 6 bookshelf pair, Yamaha R-S500 stereo receiver, Def Tech AW5500 outdoor speakers for patio
post #458 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytime View Post

I'm trying to decide between the 7100 and a Panasonic ST60 and the issue I am on the fence on is gaming. I'm worried about input lag on the 7100 and IR on the ST60. I also have read from some owners that there is some noticeable input lag on the ST60, which surprises me since it is a plasma. Do any 7100 owners that play video games have a good opinion on how the 7100 performs with videogames (especially FPS) when all the right settings are selected?

You shoud actually have both worries strictly for the St60. The input lag is at 73ms, which is absolutley horrible, and 2X the input lag of the F7100. As for Ir, I had absolutely 0, on the st60, although I know Eric 3316 did. If you want to play video games on the tv you buy, and are even remotely picky, the st60 is a no go. Trust me , I had it twice, and loved the picture, but the input lag was way too much to deal with .

As for the 7100, I can say from my experience that is a great gaming tv. I notice no input lag, no degrading of the picture quality in game mode, and no blurring while aiming or running. I would have to say that this led, and the sony w802, which has around 20ms input lag compared to the 38 on the F7100, are probably your best 2 options, for a really good picture, as well as a good gaming tv. However, the f7100 for a 55 inch is about 200 less than the sony.

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #459 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I had the same decision to make, and I actually went with the LG GA7900 (Google TV version of the LG LA7400, same panel in both). Compared to the Sammy F7100 the LG gave a better viewing angle and in the end to my eyes had a slightly better picture. As for gaming, i'm quite happy with it.. Granted we only play Lego games here on the Xbox so we aren't critical to precise timings; but I'm not using the game mode and all seems great...
post #460 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:

You shoud actually have both worries strictly for the St60. The input lag is at 73ms, which is absolutley horrible, and 2X the input lag of the F7100. As for Ir, I had absolutely 0, on the st60, although I know Eric 3316 did. If you want to play video games on the tv you buy, and are even remotely picky, the st60 is a no go. Trust me , I had it twice, and loved the picture, but the input lag was way too much to deal with .

As for the 7100, I can say from my experience that is a great gaming tv. I notice no input lag, no degrading of the picture quality in game mode, and no blurring while aiming or running. I would have to say that this led, and the sony w802, which has around 20ms input lag compared to the 38 on the F7100, are probably your best 2 options, for a really good picture, as well as a good gaming tv. However, the f7100 for a 55 inch is about 200 less than the sony.

Thanks for the input. Do you have the 55", 60", or 65" F7100? I went on http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ and saw that the 55" version has slightly less display lag than the 60" version (you said 38ms so I assume you have the 55"). I'm leaning towards the 60" due to my increased viewing distance now that I recently moved. I'd love to get the 65", but +$700 is quite a leap.

HT: 60" Samsung UN60F7100, Infinity Primus 360 towers/152 rears/PC350 center, Elemental Designs A2-300 12" sub
Music: PSB Image 6 bookshelf pair, Yamaha R-S500 stereo receiver, Def Tech AW5500 outdoor speakers for patio
post #461 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM

Hi guys, new forum member here. I recently pick up the 65" F7100 and I love it. I have a networking question. I have an NAS drive that I use for my Apple TV content. The Samsung sees the NAS drive and I can navigate through the folders. However, the movies don't load. The TV stays at the movie loading screen until it then pops back to the folder structure screen. Essentially crashing.

The majority of the content is .m4v, is this the proper format? I can't find the answer on Samsung's support site. Additionally, the "Motion Control" says it's "ON" but it's greyed out.

Other than that I love this TV couldn't be happier.
post #462 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Quote:

How can you even make this statement? You have a problem with e tech device and that means the company does not know what they are doing. Samsung makes some of the best LED TV's out there and now are even competing for the plasma leader with the F8500. Every see a Panasonic LED? Should Samsung stop making LED TV's so we can buy Panasonic. Boy, what a treat we would be in.

Now onto the ST60 which is probably what you are looking to buy which I had owned for 2 weeks. Do you think this TV is perfect? It still has nasty IR problems, 3D only works with motion smoothing turned on mid or strong otherwise it is unwatchable. Terrible game lag. Their smart features are one step above dumb. I like to stream movies from my Android devices to the TV. Barely works with the ST60. Plays them in slow motion or just keeps loading. Should I keep going.....According to your observations though, maybe Panasonic should stop making TV's as well since they cannot put out perfect TV's. Oh yeah, what about the line people complain about going down the side of the screen?
OK first off I didn't buy this TV to game with, it is just for everyday viewing and some movies when I'm to lazy to go downstairs and turn on my theater. As for this TV i find it hard to believe that i have been a victim of unlucky circumstance with the 2 f7100,s the first died in 4 days and the second has all these symptoms. Now with have been said i also have the main control board that was ordered by sears and delivered to my house in an attempt to fix the first TV. But i pulled a fast one by returning the TV to my local sears. They have not called to ask for part back and when they do they will get the used one in my current TV. This board is the brains of the TV so i probably will be making my last attempt to fix this TV and with any luck it will fix this TV. Now as far as sears goes, when i called to have my first f7100 fixed the tech on the phone said that this TV has been a big pain in the ass to them there are thousands of these sold by sears and countless returns and or repairs have been made to the f7100 series. The board is supposed to be a updated board. The tech said there were hardware changes made. I will confirm this when i remove the current board and do a side by side comparison to confirm his credibility on this matter. After that if it doesn't fix my issue then yes i will leave the samsung community and join panasonic or sharp aquos or pioneer. And maybe just a maybe i might consider the f8000 series. I dont care how much the tvcost as long as i dont get interrupted by a dancing white box or really bad ghosting when trying to watch 3d. I dont see 3d ghosting on my projector at all i would expect the same on this tv. It is to bad dlp is a dying breed . They have been the best to me and needs as far as viewing tv goes. ?y opinion is dlp tv should justchange bulb to a led bulb.

post #463 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM

From reading this thread am I correct to say that the 55" and 65" versions of the 7100F are Samsung displays and the 60" is a Sharp display? Seems like viewing angle on the Sharp made ones is worse than the Sammy made ones.

post #464 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

OK first off I didn't buy this TV to game with, it is just for everyday viewing and some movies when I'm to lazy to go downstairs and turn on my theater. As for this TV i find it hard to believe that i have been a victim of unlucky circumstance with the 2 f7100,s the first died in 4 days and the second has all these symptoms. Now with have been said i also have the main control board that was ordered by sears and delivered to my house in an attempt to fix the first TV. But i pulled a fast one by returning the TV to my local sears. They have not called to ask for part back and when they do they will get the used one in my current TV. This board is the brains of the TV so i probably will be making my last attempt to fix this TV and with any luck it will fix this TV. Now as far as sears goes, when i called to have my first f7100 fixed the tech on the phone said that this TV has been a big pain in the ass to them there are thousands of these sold by sears and countless returns and or repairs have been made to the f7100 series. The board is supposed to be a updated board. The tech said there were hardware changes made. I will confirm this when i remove the current board and do a side by side comparison to confirm his credibility on this matter.

Wow...eek.gif Yes, keep us informed.
post #465 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM

That's what I am finding. Looking at the 60 inch 7050 series at Costco, all HH01 panels (Sharp). I had BB look at each box of the 60F7100 in stock and all same HH01 panel (Sharp). BB had one 60F8000 in stock and it has the TS01 panel (Samsung) per label on the box. He said (although not verified on box as none in stock), but the 65F8000 is TS01 (Samsung panel)
post #466 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post

That's what I am finding. Looking at the 60 inch 7050 series at Costco, all HH01 panels (Sharp). I had BB look at each box of the 60F7100 in stock and all same HH01 panel (Sharp). BB had one 60F8000 in stock and it has the TS01 panel (Samsung) per label on the box. He said (although not verified on box as none in stock), but the 65F8000 is TS01 (Samsung panel)

Pretty sleazy marketing that they don't disclose that, especially when a reviewer will review the 55" or 65" and then just say all sizes are the same quality. Might have to talk myself into the +$700 for the 65" so I'm not stuck with one with a poor viewing angle since not all my seating is directly infront of my TV.

post #467 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 03:36 PM

Got my new UN60F7100 yesterday. Upgraded from an Samsung LN46A650 and it's a significant leap, though I'm still adjusting to LED technology. I have one cable connected to HDMI 4 (DVI) from my AV receiver, of which has 4 other devices routed through it. The input is labeled "PC", thus giving me PC mode.

Question is, there's an "Apply Picture Mode" setting which has "All Sources" and "Current Source" options. I'm interested in configuring different picture settings for each original source (HTPC, Xbox, Bluray player and DTV box), despite only one HDMI cable being plugged into the TV.

Does anyone know what the behavior should be when choosing "Current Source"? Will the TV keep the settings based on the EDID of the original device (i.e. not the EDID AV receiver), or will it only save the settings on a per-mode basis (i.e. Standard, Natural, Movie, etc.)?
post #468 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Pretty sleazy marketing that they don't disclose that, especially when a reviewer will review the 55" or 65" and then just say all sizes are the same quality. Might have to talk myself into the +$700 for the 65" so I'm not stuck with one with a poor viewing angle since not all my seating is directly infront of my TV.

What is your viewing angle like ? I love my 55 and I have a Sammy panel, but the viewing angle isn't all that great on it either. Before you spend the extra 700 bucks, you may want to consider th lg la7400. Price will be under 1800 for 60 inch. It has a wider viewing angle from what people have mentioned, and the picture quality is probably a toss up

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #469 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 PM

So after much consideration, I have determined the 10% discount ain't worth it. I'm taking it back to BB for a guaranteed unopened new one. Hopefully I'm not going to end up with a lemon.
post #470 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Can anyone provide any proof regarding how the Sharp panels in the 60 inch have a worse picture to them then the other panels, or is this all speculation because they are Sharp panels and not Samsung?
post #471 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 PM

So I got my 65f7100 this afternoon and have played with it just a little. The biggest things I am noticing is that my DirectTV HD feed looks a little grainy, especially in the darker colors. My 59d8000 plasma didnt have this issue at all. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I plugged in Pirate's settings and played around with them slightly. Im going to check out Dark Knight Bluray as well as The Last of Us demo tonight.
post #472 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Plus motion is now awesome with the newest firmware.

Glad you're happy, and I agree the 1104 did make a difference, but AMP still introduces artifacts in everything I've tried. The silky smooth motion is exceptionally beautiful when it works (especially in anime, which I watch a lot of), but that just makes the periodic glitches all the more intolerable.
post #473 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

Glad you're happy, and I agree the 1104 did make a difference, but AMP still introduces artifacts in everything I've tried. The silky smooth motion is exceptionally beautiful when it works (especially in anime, which I watch a lot of), but that just makes the periodic glitches all the more intolerable.
AMP?

Sharp Elite Pro 60

Pioneer Elite VSX-52 Receiver

Pioneer Elite  BDP-62FD BluRay

post #474 of 5218 Old 06-05-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBRSteve View Post

AMP?
Advanced Motion Plus
post #475 of 5218 Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJB View Post

I knew you would be the first to answer! Mr. Reliable. I am actually using the setting you posted for Standard Mode.
Can you post the settings you use for standard mode?
post #476 of 5218 Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post

Can anyone provide any proof regarding how the Sharp panels in the 60 inch have a worse picture to them then the other panels, or is this all speculation because they are Sharp panels and not Samsung?
I would have to imagine the picture quality is pretty close, I do remember people that bought the eh6000 last year, and it seemed that people that didnt get a samsung panel complained of motion blur, smearing with darker colors, but thats just the nature of these forums. I think where people feel cheated is that they are paying big money for a samsung product, and some of the panels samsung actually produces, and others not. To me I actually had a 60 inch st60, and went with the 55 inch f7100 because of the samsung panel. I have absolutely no flashlighting, other than maybe a half inch lighter spot in each corner in a dark room. Maybe some of the owners of the 60 inch could better answer your question though.

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #477 of 5218 Old 06-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank0723 View Post

So I got my 65f7100 this afternoon and have played with it just a little. The biggest things I am noticing is that my DirectTV HD feed looks a little grainy, especially in the darker colors. My 59d8000 plasma didnt have this issue at all. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I plugged in Pirate's settings and played around with them slightly. Im going to check out Dark Knight Bluray as well as The Last of Us demo tonight.

Interested in your findings, my guess is the source, and its more noticeable due to the size difference. I have noticed a little more noise in directv lately, with both my st60 i had prior, and the f7100, although the f7100 has much sharper picture. Maybe Directv is having to use more compression due to all the stations going hd.

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #478 of 5218 Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Can you post the settings you use for standard mode?

My Settings:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread/360#post_23380579
post #479 of 5218 Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 AM

Liked: 17
Thanks. I'll try it out. The Eco setting has different levels? I haven't messed with it yet but I noticed you had a 6 next to it.
post #480 of 5218 Old 06-06-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenleavez View Post

Can anyone check if the screen mirroring still work after updating? I just updated to 1104 and my phone won't connect anymore. I have both an htc one and note 2 and both used to work flawlessly.

Bump, just need someone with a smart phone to try wifi-direct and see if they are able to connect to the TV. Samsung is no help and really don't want to return the TV.

Thanks again.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page