Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 174 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5191 of 5203 Old 07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Newbie
 
Polishdebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all.

For some reason my previous post didnt go through so if it does pop up I apoligize for the double post.

A little backstory:

In January (2014) I finally upgraded from a 2007 Sharp Aqous to a Pn60f5500 Plasma. I initially enjoyed it but ultimately returned it due to trailing and such when playing games.

My 2nd buy was a Toshiba 58L7300. Big mistake. Clouding, terrible motion and bad blacks.

Ive read about 2300 posts into this thread (So up until August 2013) but i just cant bring myself to read ALL of it.

So my question is, have most if not all the initial issues with this tv been fixed? Clouding, the dimming issue, the power cycling? I really would like to get a 55" of this tv. Apparently its great for gaming. Im on the fence between this and a Sony 55w900a. Input and PQ are both important to me (Ps3,Ps4 and blu-rays)

Im sorry for such a long post. Id really like to be well informed before dropping 1500-2000 on a new panel.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies and helps me with my decision.
Polishdebin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5192 of 5203 Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
matrix123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishdebin View Post
Hey all.

For some reason my previous post didnt go through so if it does pop up I apoligize for the double post.

A little backstory:

In January (2014) I finally upgraded from a 2007 Sharp Aqous to a Pn60f5500 Plasma. I initially enjoyed it but ultimately returned it due to trailing and such when playing games.

My 2nd buy was a Toshiba 58L7300. Big mistake. Clouding, terrible motion and bad blacks.

Ive read about 2300 posts into this thread (So up until August 2013) but i just cant bring myself to read ALL of it.

So my question is, have most if not all the initial issues with this tv been fixed? Clouding, the dimming issue, the power cycling? I really would like to get a 55" of this tv. Apparently its great for gaming. Im on the fence between this and a Sony 55w900a. Input and PQ are both important to me (Ps3,Ps4 and blu-rays)

Im sorry for such a long post. Id really like to be well informed before dropping 1500-2000 on a new panel.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies and helps me with my decision.
I have the 55 inch and it is great for gaming. Power cycling is gone. Dimming has improved. I don't really notice it while gaming. Doesn't bother me on game mode. Clouding depends on luck. It's a gamble as always with edge lit displays. I get zero clouding with a bias light behind tv and back light set to 4 or 6.
matrix123 is offline  
post #5193 of 5203 Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Does anyone know if I can I get true 5.1 out of my UN557100 optical digital out?

Of note, I connecting to my AV1 input on my new 2014 Yamaha RX-V677.

Thanks in advance.
Shimmy Bang Bang is offline  
post #5194 of 5203 Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
theroys88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: midlothian, va
Posts: 1,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
5.1 from OTA and apps that support DD. Everything else converted to PCM.
theroys88 is offline  
post #5195 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 05:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post
5.1 from OTA and apps that support DD. Everything else converted to PCM.
Would this make a siffer
Shimmy Bang Bang is offline  
post #5196 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 AM
Newbie
 
Polishdebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
I have the 55 inch and it is great for gaming. Power cycling is gone. Dimming has improved. I don't really notice it while gaming. Doesn't bother me on game mode. Clouding depends on luck. It's a gamble as always with edge lit displays. I get zero clouding with a bias light behind tv and back light set to 4 or 6.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah the panel "lottery" posts have me slightly weary of getting a 7100. But on the other side of things I havent read into the w900 and im sure it has just as many uniformity issues/clouding issues as this tv.
Polishdebin is offline  
post #5197 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
theroys88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: midlothian, va
Posts: 1,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy Bang Bang View Post
Would this make a siffer
What is a Siffer?
theroys88 is offline  
post #5198 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Senior Member
 
matrix123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishdebin View Post
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah the panel "lottery" posts have me slightly weary of getting a 7100. But on the other side of things I havent read into the w900 and im sure it has just as many uniformity issues/clouding issues as this tv.
Yes they prob will. I just looked into ways to Diminish the clouding. Highly recommend a bias light. Can never go back now. Love the look. Also I had the 60 (3 of them) in which I took back cause of terrible clouding. Read that the 60 in is made by sharp and 55 made by Samsung. The 55 looked miles better with only minimal clouding. Also the build quality was better than a 60. Highly recommend the 55 in.
matrix123 is offline  
post #5199 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Newbie
 
Polishdebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
Yes they prob will. I just looked into ways to Diminish the clouding. Highly recommend a bias light. Can never go back now. Love the look. Also I had the 60 (3 of them) in which I took back cause of terrible clouding. Read that the 60 in is made by sharp and 55 made by Samsung. The 55 looked miles better with only minimal clouding. Also the build quality was better than a 60. Highly recommend the 55 in.
Im glad you brought that up because I wad wondering if that had ever been confirmed? I had wanted a 60" but due to this Im getting the 55". Are all 55" gaurenteed to have a Sammy panel? From what ive read Im going to assume so.
Polishdebin is offline  
post #5200 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Senior Member
 
matrix123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishdebin View Post
Im glad you brought that up because I wad wondering if that had ever been confirmed? I had wanted a 60" but due to this Im getting the 55". Are all 55" gaurenteed to have a Sammy panel? From what ive read Im going to assume so.
I believe so. Either way you look at it the 55 is a better choice. And I can say that cause I've owned both. Also with latest updates there are zero issues to report. And if gaming is your thing, this tv will impress. Just remember to use game mode. Another tip is to use Piratecoves setting. They are the best. Cheers.
matrix123 is offline  
post #5201 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
slow ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have a 60" with no clouding issues .
slow ride is offline  
post #5202 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post
What is a Siffer?
That was my bad. I didn't mean to post that typo, I bumped send on my cell phone and didn't realize that it sent.

What I meant to say, does using 'optical digital out from TV to receiver' have any disadvantages when compared to using 'cable box HDMI to receiver along with HDMI video out to TV'?
Shimmy Bang Bang is offline  
post #5203 of 5203 Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
theroys88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: midlothian, va
Posts: 1,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy Bang Bang View Post
That was my bad. I didn't mean to post that typo, I bumped send on my cell phone and didn't realize that it sent.

What I meant to say, does using 'optical digital out from TV to receiver' have any disadvantages when compared to using 'cable box HDMI to receiver along with HDMI video out to TV'?
If you want DD or DTS 5.1 you will have to go from your components to your receiver. I believe only Sony and Vizio sets pass DD.
theroys88 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off