Forum Jump: 

post #5251 of 5268 Old 09-27-2014, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
This question is kind of hard to answer since Ver 2203 is so new to all of us & Samsung never posts the Firmware change notes accurately. Version 1200 has been out for several months now & was very good without hardly any complaints. It is NOT necessary to install Version 1200 before 2203 & the latest Version was released for some required reason that may not be disclosed to us at all. So far, I haven't seen anything new in Version 2203 but have noticed no negative impact & some positive things as well. Therefore, I'de just probably wait a few more days for added 2203 comments. If nothing bad comes up, I'de just install the latest & hopefully Greatest Version which is 2203... Hope that helps.
Thanks for the response. I honestly don't feel the need of upgrade as I have been satisfied and enjoying my TV. Only issue I recently noticed is the bottom information bar does not disappear automatically as it used to do in a sec of so after the channel was changed, so logged on to forum to enquire about it and noticed that couple of firmware versions have been released since last December.
Quick question - If factor reset is done after loading new firmware, will it override the custom picture settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5252 of 5268 Old 09-27-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyro13 View Post
Thanks for the response. I honestly don't feel the need of upgrade as I have been satisfied and enjoying my TV. Only issue I recently noticed is the bottom information bar does not disappear automatically as it used to do in a sec of so after the channel was changed, so logged on to forum to enquire about it and noticed that couple of firmware versions have been released since last December.
Quick question - If factor reset is done after loading new firmware, will it override the custom picture settings?
A Factory Reset erases all settings except the network that was previously set up.. SO... YES the Custom picture settings will be gone. Write them down before the reset.
tyro13 likes this.
post #5253 of 5268 Old 10-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
A Factory Reset erases all settings except the network that was previously set up.. SO... YES the Custom picture settings will be gone. Write them down before the reset.
Just to be clear, a firmware update does not include a factory reset as well, right ?

I Assume factory reset is done separately
post #5254 of 5268 Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
do you have to do a factory reset after firmware upgrade to take effect?
post #5255 of 5268 Old 10-04-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
Just to be clear, a firmware update does not include a factory reset as well, right ?

I Assume factory reset is done separately
Right. A Factory Reset does Not happen automatically during a Firmware update and it is done separately. Also... It is not required after the firmware update for the changes to take effect. The TV powers down & then back on with the installed changes taking affect after the update. In some instances in the past, after a Firmware update, it has been is necessary to do a factory Reset if any normal TV functions appear to be out of wack. In some of the earlier Firmware releases there were post update glitches that corrected themselves by doing the Reset. I haven't seen this come up in several releases now though so it really shouldn't be needed.
post #5256 of 5268 Old 10-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
Firmware version 2203.1 looks good, with a little sharper picture quality.

Motion is still excellent with A.M.P. on.
I've always had a jerky motion with AMP, even with your settings. I'm wondering if it's because of my connections:

STB HDMI --> Denon AVR-595 --> HDMI OUT to Samsung 7100

I'm wondering if my older Denon is adding something to the mix w/ regards to the picture processing. I'm going to to get myself a optical/digital cable and try going STB HDMI --> Samsung 7100 --> Optical Out to Denon AVR-595.

This will at least take the receiver out of the mix for the image processing.

Think its worth the effort?
post #5257 of 5268 Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Has anybody else noticed some of the Samsung applications (without notice), has uninstalled some previously downloadable Free Aps? My Redbox Application Icon just disappeared a few days ago and is no longer avalible for download either Other Apps gone as well?
post #5258 of 5268 Old 10-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Okay so scratch the Digital Audio out from the TV. It doesn't pass 5.1 from the STB (or anything else besides OTA HD apparently).

I still get some studder when I put AMP on to Pirate's settings. Its bugging the crap out of me b/c nobody else is complaining about it.
post #5259 of 5268 Old 10-11-2014, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
I've always had a jerky motion with AMP, even with your settings. I'm wondering if it's because of my connections:

STB HDMI --> Denon AVR-595 --> HDMI OUT to Samsung 7100

I'm wondering if my older Denon is adding something to the mix w/ regards to the picture processing. I'm going to to get myself a optical/digital cable and try going STB HDMI --> Samsung 7100 --> Optical Out to Denon AVR-595.

This will at least take the receiver out of the mix for the image processing.
Quote:
I still get some studder when I put AMP on to Pirate's settings. Its bugging the crap out of me b/c nobody else is complaining about it.

I get very mild stuttering via. DirecTV (1080i) with a panning shot filled with motion, or perhaps a sports or news channel with a scrolling ticker (moving words at the bottom) with AMP on- due to the TV processing more lines of resolution.

Previous firmware versions had frame rate drops and more pronounced stuttering.

I have never had any frame rate drops or stuttering from a 1080p source (Blu-ray, Video games or Smart Apps) with AMP on.
s1njin likes this.
post #5260 of 5268 Old 10-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
I get very mild stuttering via. DirecTV (1080i) with a panning shot filled with motion, or perhaps a sports or news channel with a scrolling ticker (moving words at the bottom) with AMP on- due to the TV processing more lines of resolution.

Previous firmware versions had frame rate drops and more pronounced stuttering.

I have never had any frame rate drops or stuttering from a 1080p source (Blu-ray, Video games or Smart Apps) with AMP on.
Ok, this is what it I'm seeing as well. You also answered another question I had - moving to D* isn't goin to fix it either. I make THAT switch this coming Saturday.
post #5261 of 5268 Old 10-13-2014, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

I've upgraded the firmware on my TV maybe, 4 times now? I never did a factory reset - so I did one this morning and re-did my settings to PC's recommendations. I'm wondering how the AMP may work now that I performed the reset.

I had time this AM, so I figured what the heck?
post #5262 of 5268 Old 10-13-2014, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Problems with Program Guide (accessed by clicking the lower right button on the remote)

I use my UN60F7050 with OTA tv signals (via an antenna on my roof) I don't have cable or satellite service), connected to the internet via Wifi with a new Netgear AC1900 router, and 3-4 bars of signal. (Other devices get 5 bars in the same location, but I'll save my complaints about the terrible wifi on this tv for another post). We have Time Warner 20MB/second high speed internet service.

When clicking on the guide button while watching an OTA show, I initially see the program listings for 7 channels, with the show I was watching still playing in the upper left portion of the screen. Often, but not always, when I scroll down to see the next channel's listings, the guide hangs for 3-10 seconds (I assume this is to "load" the new content from the internet). The real problem is that the picture and sound of the show disappears and is replaced by a spinning icon while waiting for the info to load.

Needless to say, this drives us crazy. I've spoken to Samsung tech support many times and have been given the run around and promised that firmware updates would fix it. I've installed each new firmware, including the recent one, but nothing's resolved this.

Is there anyone else who uses the Guide for OTA channel listings? Have your experiences been similar?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by delevin1; 10-14-2014 at 01:00 PM.
post #5263 of 5268 Old 10-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Red face 2203 rocks

not sure specifically what samsung did but just installed the 2203 update last night and bam! best PQ i've seen on my set.
post #5264 of 5268 Old 10-17-2014, 04:53 AM

Liked: 0
On a UN60f7100af is anyone else having an issue where you set your sound to receiver or external? When you power it down it resets to TV speakers. This only occurs when CEC is turned on. I just got dish and have the hopper connected to my Pioneer VSX1123K and then to HDMI 1 on the TV. It works on the power off to turn TV off and Receiver off. Then When I turn the TV on it turns the receiver on. Then it resets the sound setting to TV speakers and then will not turn off the receiver again. Any Ideas? I was with Samsung support for a couple of hours and nothing worked.
post #5265 of 5268 Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by klein103103 View Post
On a UN60f7100af is anyone else having an issue where you set your sound to receiver or external? When you power it down it resets to TV speakers. This only occurs when CEC is turned on. I just got dish and have the hopper connected to my Pioneer VSX1123K and then to HDMI 1 on the TV. It works on the power off to turn TV off and Receiver off. Then When I turn the TV on it turns the receiver on. Then it resets the sound setting to TV speakers and then will not turn off the receiver again. Any Ideas? I was with Samsung support for a couple of hours and nothing worked.
First of all, a warm welcome to AVS forum and congratulations on your first post. Unfortunately or fortunately, I have not encountered this problem. However, I have a somewhat similar problem. After a few seconds, the receiver switches from our DVR, which it found correctly, to the Smart Hub of the TV. This is a documented problem that neither the the receiver companies nor the TV companies care to fix. Sorry I can't help with your issue. But, thanks for asking. As this thread is winding down, as our TVs are now 1.5 years old or so, you might want to check on the 2014 Samsung thread for similar TVs or else the thread for your particular receiver. Good luck.
post #5266 of 5268 Old 10-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by santie321 View Post
not sure specifically what samsung did but just installed the 2203 update last night and bam! best PQ i've seen on my set.
No doubt the picture quality with 2203 is as good as before. However, my TV is still turning itself on and off when I am not watching it, in spite of what the update notes claim.
post #5267 of 5268 Old 10-21-2014, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post
No doubt the picture quality with 2203 is as good as before. However, my TV is still turning itself on and off when I am not watching it, in spite of what the update notes claim.
Same for me. At least twice a day the TV turns itself on for about a minute and then back off.
post #5268 of 5268 Old 10-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I've upgraded the firmware on my TV maybe, 4 times now? I never did a factory reset - so I did one this morning and re-did my settings to PC's recommendations. I'm wondering how the AMP may work now that I performed the reset.

I had time this AM, so I figured what the heck?
Quoting myself - heh.

Just to round this topic out - I'm getting almost NO studdering w/ AMP on PC's settings now that I'm on D*.

Another reason I don't miss my cable TV now.
post #5269 of 5268 Old 10-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

On another note, my TV has mysteriously started changing inputs all on its own within a minute of powering up. Maybe within 30 seconds.

Happened right around the time I switched to DirecTV. And right around when I switched out the batteries of the remote. I've since pulled the remote batteries out to see if its something wonky with my remote control.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page