post #5312 of 5332 Old 11-11-2014, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post
Sorry, but what does SOE mean? Thanks. EG
Sorry for the lazy typing fingers...It means "Soap Opera Effect".. It's one of those TV Forum short cut terms I see alot.
emileg likes this.
post #5313 of 5332 Old 11-12-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The one thing about this TV that seems to never get fixed in an update is the wifi. It constantly drops connection when I'm watching Netflix or using any app. Its maddening.
post #5314 of 5332 Old 11-13-2014, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
Sorry for the lazy typing fingers...It means "Soap Opera Effect".. It's one of those TV Forum short cut terms I see alot.
Thank you..I should have guessed. I seem to see less of the Soap Opera Effect (SOE) than before. Like I mentioned, everything got very dark in the standard mode, especially when using the DVR as source. Ironically, watching Alpha House on the Amazon Fire TV produced overly bright and low contrast pictures. All of this happened in the last few days, not just when I updated 2203. While I was able to fiddle with the individual source settings, the improved picture is still nowhere's as good as it was just a couple of weeks ago. And, frankly, I miss some of the SOE that I had before. I don't know what is going on.
post #5315 of 5332 Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Thank you..I should have guessed. I seem to see less of the Soap Opera Effect (SOE) than before. Like I mentioned, everything got very dark in the standard mode, especially when using the DVR as source. Ironically, watching Alpha House on the Amazon Fire TV produced overly bright and low contrast pictures. All of this happened in the last few days, not just when I updated 2203. While I was able to fiddle with the individual source settings, the improved picture is still nowhere's as good as it was just a couple of weeks ago. And, frankly, I miss some of the SOE that I had before. I don't know what is going on.
Sounds like you may have ecosensor on one of the inputs if you're getting varied backlight differences between sources. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as most people tend to run their backlight way too high, but you can turn it off entirely under the general settings, and each input seems to have its own setting.
post #5316 of 5332 Old 11-13-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
emileg.... I totally agree with missing some of the "SOE" as I really liked the picture that version 2203 provided. With this new version, somthing is missing and thats only part of it for me at least. I also agree that what was called a slightly more contrasty picture could instead be a Overly bright displayed image on some material. I think I remember you had mentioned your TV updated to the new Smart Hub but did you also update the TV to version 2204? I'm a little confused? My Standard setting did not get darker while on version 2203 but I didn't get the new Smart Hub until the TV's firmware version 2204 was installed.

Either way though after a few days of evaluation (actually a couple since I figured out my Smart Hub Corruption/slight motion degrade) I still think that version 2203 performed better. Since I recently noticed a slight lightening of the letterbox bars with version 2203 (Cinema Black set to Medimum), I really think over-all for me , version 1200 was the most perfered version of them all.

As fo the new Games Panel created with version 2204... I did try a couple of games in the new Game Panel just for kicks. One of them wouldn't load & the other took a while & then did run. I said it before & I'll say it again. I'm not a on-line Gamer but these types of games seem to be really more for kids. I really didn't look at many so far though. SO for me personally............. Version 2204 adding the Games Panel is NOT why I bought this TV anyways and although the picture is OK, it seemed "Easier"on my eyes with the last couple of versions with slightly better PQ for my personal taste. I'll gladly wait for a newer version of TV firmware to come out & give it a try. I really hope it doesn't take months though!
emileg likes this.

Last edited by mgh26; 11-13-2014 at 04:28 PM.
post #5317 of 5332 Old 11-14-2014, 09:31 AM

Today is Friday AND...... This morning I go into the Smart Hub.. All of my Apps are GONE except Facebook & 1 other but still are shown in the more Apps Screen.. WTF ... I'm starting to get mad at Samsung now... It looks like another Smart Hub Reset in my TV's Future AGAIN!!!!!! I hope it works! Any body else experience this?
post #5318 of 5332 Old 11-14-2014, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Today is Friday AND...... This morning I go into the Smart Hub.. All of my Apps are GONE except Facebook & 1 other but still are shown in the more Apps Screen.. WTF ... I'm starting to get mad at Samsung now... It looks like another Smart Hub Reset in my TV's Future AGAIN!!!!!! I hope it works! Any body else experience this?
Yea man I had to do two additional hub resets because it kept deleting my additional app and it has pissed me off!! Trust me you're not alone mgh26 lol we need another update ASAP
post #5319 of 5332 Old 11-14-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post
Yea man I had to do two additional hub resets because it kept deleting my additional app and it has pissed me off!! Trust me you're not alone mgh26 lol we need another update ASAP
Thanks macmane. At least I believe my Ver 2204 download may have not been flaky if I'm not the only one stuck with this crap. BUT...... I think it may not be the TV's new firmware version as much as it IS Samsung doing "On The Fly changes to the New Smart Hub platform for some if not all connected Smart TV's after turning them Off for some amount of time. Just more speculation but I was up till 3AM last night & all was well. By 7:15AM or so when I turned it back On, that's when I noticed the issue. I did have it On & Off several times earlier that night without any Smart Hub issues. Also as another guess, I did have several Smart Hub Term Agreements un-checked to try & avoide those possible Samsungs Apps to self Launch as was reported earlier by another Forum member. More than the Yahoo & Syncplus agreement I have always disagreed to. SO.......

Maybe that causes missing Apps from the Smart Hub during this possible "Off time Update" that seems to be going on. Not really sure of whats really happening or Why though??????? I still say this Smart TV did NOT get Smarter (at least not yet) but Samsung seems to have just gone out of control "once again" seeming to try & hide there programming screw-ups if this is what is actually going on. Oh Yeah... I did a 2nd Smart Hub reset & all is well so far. My missing Apps are back.

I wonder whats comming next? OR Maybe they got it right this time. I really Hope so......

Last edited by mgh26; 11-14-2014 at 03:40 PM.
post #5320 of 5332 Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks macmane. At least I believe my Ver 2204 download may have not been flaky if I'm not the only one stuck with this crap. BUT...... I think it may not be the TV's new firmware version as much as it IS Samsung doing "On The Fly changes to the New Smart Hub platform for some if not all connected Smart TV's after turning them Off for some amount of time. Just more speculation but I was up till 3AM last night & all was well. By 7:15AM or so when I turned it back On, that's when I noticed the issue. I did have it On & Off several times earlier that night without any Smart Hub issues. Also as another guess, I did have several Smart Hub Term Agreements un-checked to try & avoide those possible Samsungs Apps to self Launch as was reported earlier by another Forum member. More than the Yahoo & Syncplus agreement I have always disagreed to. SO.......

Maybe that causes missing Apps from the Smart Hub during this possible "Off time Update" that seems to be going on. Not really sure of whats really happening or Why though??????? I still say this Smart TV did NOT get Smarter (at least not yet) but Samsung seems to have just gone out of control "once again" seeming to try & hide there programming screw-ups if this is what is actually going on. Oh Yeah... I did a 2nd Smart Hub reset & all is well so far. My missing Apps are back.

I wonder whats comming next? OR Maybe they got it right this time. I really Hope so......
I Hope another update comes out soon becayse something is just not right to me with this version and u welcome man we all in the same boat!! Lol keep me posted on any new updates
mgh26 likes this.
post #5321 of 5332 Old 11-15-2014, 01:40 AM

Quote:
I Hope another update comes out soon becayse something is just not right to me with this version and u welcome man we all in the same boat!! Lol keep me posted on any new updates
Well I'm with you man... I just lost my TV Panel once again & have fixed it with my 3rd Smart Hub Reset required within 24 hours now.. I'm totally officially PISSED OFF at Frickin Samsung now & don't have a clue whats going on. This boat sucks! I guess I'll be waisting my time calling Samsung so I can be told "Nobody has reported this, we will look into it & then NEVER get back to me. I guess we REALLY DO need a update ASAP!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Well it,s now Monday & all has continued to work as it should all Weekend. No further Smart Hub Resets needed so I am hopeful all has stabilized. I sure hope I didn't speak to soon though.

Last edited by mgh26; 11-17-2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: adding current TV status
post #5322 of 5332 Old 11-19-2014, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sound problem with Samsung UN46H7150

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know why I would be getting a low volume on this TV when watching cable but loud volume for movies or games? I just got a Samsung UN46H7150 and connected to Verizon FIOS cable box and also a PS3. Thanks!
post #5323 of 5332 Old 11-19-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanteuse View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know why I would be getting a low volume on this TV when watching cable but loud volume for movies or games? I just got a Samsung UN46H7150 and connected to Verizon FIOS cable box and also a PS3. Thanks!
I've got a idea for you. I'm not sure about your Version FIOS Cable box, but my COX box has Volume Level setting adjustments inside its own settings menu. I had to turn mine up to 100 (max level to match other sources like my Blu-ray player. Hope this helps you out.
post #5324 of 5332 Old 11-23-2014, 12:56 PM

SOE still present in the Smooth picture settings (if you like it). This setting gives you a displayed image very similar to my old Custom settings of Blur 10, De-Jutter 8 with the previous version of firmware. Motion is acceptable also. I can't seem to fully produce this effect in Custom now even with Blur 10 & De-Jutter 10 with Ver 2204. Maybe less noticeable SOE is considered to be an improvement for most I guess. Over-all, the PQ remains fine & the Smart Hub has stabilized.
post #5325 of 5332 Old 11-23-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
SOE still present in the Smooth picture settings (if you like it). This setting gives you a displayed image very similar to my old Custom settings of Blur 10, De-Jutter 8 with the previous version of firmware. Motion is acceptable also. I can't seem to fully produce this effect in Custom now even with Blur 10 & De-Jutter 10 with Ver 2204. Maybe less noticeable SOE is considered to be an improvement for most I guess. Over-all, the PQ remains fine & the Smart Hub has stabilized.

Good to hear, about the Smart Hub.

I don't like/use the "Soap Opera Effect" - Judder is alright for my taste.

I really liked fw. ver. 2203, but now I prefer the sharper, high contrast fw. ver. 2204.
post #5326 of 5332 Old 11-23-2014, 06:03 PM

Liked: 17
Did those who installed fw 2204 feel the need to tweak any picture settings after the update?
post #5327 of 5332 Old 11-23-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
Good to hear, about the Smart Hub.

I don't like/use the "Soap Opera Effect" - Judder is alright for my taste.

I really liked fw. ver. 2203, but now I prefer the sharper, high contrast fw. ver. 2204.
Thanks Pirate.. It's been good for at least one week now. I am still getting used to the different image with Version 2204.

Also, to answer matrix123's question in the above post, I did have to slightly tweak my settings after the update but nothing that changed the grey scale or any of the advanced menu settings. I dropped the Backlight & Contrast down one level. I also lowered my color value one level as well.
post #5328 of 5332 Old 11-24-2014, 08:12 AM

Thanks. Still not sure if I'm going to update yet. Just worried I'm not going to like the picture. Read that a lot of owners didn't like it.
post #5329 of 5332 Old 11-24-2014, 09:56 AM

Also one quick question. LED clear motion on or off?? I set my AMP to custom, blur 10 judder 0 clear motion on. Is this ideal? Thanks.
post #5330 of 5332 Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 PM

Liked: 12
7100 46" Display

It's the little things. Manually adding OTA digital channels??

Trying to figure out how to manually enter channels to the saved channel list using that silly little touchpad. I'm in a remote location and use a rotator to aim the antenna at fringe transmitters. Auto searching does a complete rebuild of the channel list and either gains or loses channels when the signal level drops below threshold. Tried using the touchpad to add channels manually, but how do you enter a "dot" for a digital OTA channel?

EXAMPLE > 6.1 or 6.2

I tried a hypen, but that's ignored and I get tuned to an analog channel. At least that's muted and doesn't blast me with 6 channels of noise like my Sony does when it doesn't find a signal. In a perfect world, I'd be able to aim the antenna towards the transmitter tower and enter the channel number, then be able to manually add that to my channel list after fine tuning the antenna direction.

PS ... not even sure why the set should still even try tuning a straight analog channel now that they're all dead?

PS2 ... For Matrix 123 ... Clear motion off ... haven't missed it. Still using PirateCove's settings with a few minor tweaks and loving it.

FEATURED TURD OF THE DAY
Got an email back from Samsung support. Apparently, you can't manually add stations to the list, or tune them from the remote. They suggest I run AUTOTUNE to rebuild the channel list every time I turn the antenna! What a great steaming pile of progress THAT is ...

Plan is to wait for one of those "perfect reception" nights and play with the antenna direction until I get the most I can get, then write the rest off as a lost cause.

Life is a journey. Time is a river. The door is a jar ...

Last edited by NOSTRADIMWIT; 11-25-2014 at 06:55 PM.
post #5331 of 5332 Old 11-25-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm considering buying this TV (UN55F7100) or the UN55F7500 but I'd like to hear form someone who's used it first. Mostly, what I want to know is exactly how the ARC works and what formats are supported. I see that the audio return channel is on HDMI 2; does it only return audio from the internal apps and coaxial input, or can it return audio from the other HDMI inputs? I want to connect my Xbox 360 and Xbox One directly to the TV on HDMI 1 and 3 (cable box through the Xbox One) and have the ARC send the audio from them to my audio receiver on HDMI 2. Is this possible, and will it be the original audio format or will it be some stereo or low quality lossy surround format. I can't put game consoles through the sound system because the signal delay created by the sound system makes games unplayable.
post #5332 of 5332 Old 11-25-2014, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung Smart Hub wifi drop fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBulls View Post
The one thing about this TV that seems to never get fixed in an update is the wifi. It constantly drops connection when I'm watching Netflix or using any app. Its maddening.
Changing my routers DNS Server address to 8.8.8.8 fixed my problem.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page