Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 180 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #5371 of 5382 Old 01-13-2015, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
For blu Rays only, what is better for those who love the the soap opera effect (using AMP standard or smooth) 24p or 60p ?
With the latest Firmware, IMO it seems that using Amp Smooth at the 24p setting gives me the best SOE when viewing Blu-Rays. When viewing DVD's the 24p setting (changed from 60p by my player) instead of the actual 60p content (viewing is also up-scaled by the player to 1080p) gives me the best SOE effect. Smooth does introduce some weird stuff at times though. To me, the trade off is worth it if you love the SOE.

I used to use Custom Blur Reduction 10, Jutter Reduction, 8 for the best SOE prior to the latest Firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5382 Old 01-17-2015, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
stand?

I am looking for a stand someone could maybe part ways with if they wall mounted their 65 inch. I threw mine away thinking I would never need it, well now I need it.

Also, are the stands different sizes for each different size model? Anybody know?

I am willing to pay.

PM me or email me. brandon@allnewglass.com
post #5373 of 5382 Old 01-18-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Lost a screw on the back of the tv anyone know where to find one?
post #5374 of 5382 Old 01-18-2015, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Someone please help! I Just tried to watch a 3D movie with the kids on my UN75F7100 tv. The TV has a noticeable and incredibly aggravating brightness flicker. Its just over 1 year old. The kids don't like it and neither do I. Even if you pause the TV, the brightness rapidly goes bright and dim repeatedly...then stops for a few minutes and then picks up again. No eco solutions are turned on and they arent available in 3D mode anyway. We watched a 3D movie when the TV was new a year ago and did not have this problem.

Is this a BD issue or a TV issue? Sad I paid so much for this thing. I have not noticed it on regular BD or Dish but I will certainly watch for it now.

Any help in troubleshooting is appreciated.
post #5375 of 5382 Old 01-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm going to move my router to a more central location in my house. The best spot is just below my wall mounted tv. Couple of questions. Will the router interfere with anything ? And could I hard wire direct from the router to the tv since it's so close?
post #5376 of 5382 Old 01-19-2015, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazosdog02 View Post
Someone please help! I Just tried to watch a 3D movie with the kids on my UN75F7100 tv. The TV has a noticeable and incredibly aggravating brightness flicker. Its just over 1 year old. The kids don't like it and neither do I. Even if you pause the TV, the brightness rapidly goes bright and dim repeatedly...then stops for a few minutes and then picks up again. No eco solutions are turned on and they arent available in 3D mode anyway. We watched a 3D movie when the TV was new a year ago and did not have this problem.

Is this a BD issue or a TV issue? Sad I paid so much for this thing. I have not noticed it on regular BD or Dish but I will certainly watch for it now.

Any help in troubleshooting is appreciated.
I've got a couple of ideas for you..

I would try another 3D source like the TV 3D APP. If ithe brightness still fluctuates, its not the player or the source material.

If the problem still shows with the Samsung 3D APP, try going into the 3D settings and Switch the light output to High (default is Low) & see if that helps stop the fluctuations. It probably won't though.

The problem may be panel or Firmware related. BUT...... If you have done any Firmware updates, try a Factory Reset. It's been known to fix many weird issues beyond any reasonable logic in some cases. Don't forget to write your settings down before the reset since they will be GONE!!! Hope this helps.
post #5377 of 5382 Old 01-20-2015, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Ok, so I picked up the disney WOW bluray and ran the tests and it has made a big difference in my picture believe it or not! Anyway the only issue I have (being new to this) is the zone plates section I have what is described on page 40 in manual third example is it shows filtering artifacts from applying to much sharpness , causing adjacent video elements to interact with each other... In this manual and disc it does not directly tell you how to fix this problem I tried sharpness at 0 and a couple other things but nothing changed this artifact error, now my tv is the un65f7100 and bluray player is a PS4 tried messing with settings on ps4 with no result have everything on auto but turning off made no difference and it also runs thru a Yamaha RX-a3030 with video set for Direct all over HDMI. I am at a loss don't get me wrong the pic is better than was but just wanted some help with this if anyone could help greatly appreciated in advance if more info needed i can provide when I'm home i work a lot so please give me some time to respond back Thaks!!!
post #5378 of 5382 Old 01-21-2015, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys I had the same issue with my un55f7100 a couple weeks ago. It worked fine on 2D but with any source of 3D the upper quarter of the screen was flashing like crazy. I contacted Samsung but of course my TV is 3 months out of warranty so no help there. I went on E-bay looking for F7100 parts. I contacted a seller on there who has a TV repair shop and sells parts. He suggested it may be the motherboard or the panel. I ordered a cracked screen takeout main board from him. But it had no effect and I still had the problem. I sent a short video of what the TV was doing to him and he then suggested the power supply board because he thought it was the backlight doing the fluctuation. So I ordered another p/s board from another seller selling broken screen pulls. Took 15 minutes after the back cover comes off and 5 screws and 3 cable connections and it fixed it. Must of had a power surge or something to take it out but I was happy to fix it because I watch a lot of 3D movies! Hope this helps
mgh26 and Rey L like this.
post #5379 of 5382 Old 01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Are there any options for satellite internet with this tv when using direct tv for my feed. If so, what kind of speed are we talking ? Thanks Chris
post #5380 of 5382 Old 01-25-2015, 12:35 PM

I am having an issue with my TV that I haven't found a solution to. I tried searching this posting but didn't find a answer. Sometimes when I turn the tv on I only have the option of standard or dynamic under picture options. If I turn the TV off and back on I get the 4 picture options back. My calibrations are under the movie option. I have updated the firmware and this didn't correct the issue.
post #5381 of 5382 Old Today, 12:25 AM

Liked: 0
Mojo,
Almost my exact setup. I solved this problem by plugging the Sennheisser transmitter's audio plugs into my cable's settop box. When I mute the Samsung's TV speakers, I can see the picture and listen to the sound without waking up the family at night. Now if I can only figure out how to stop the floating mute icon on the Samsung screen when I hit the mute button.
post #5382 of 5382 Unread Today, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I am new to this set(60" F7100) I am currently using the calibration settings by CNET. I was wondering if anyone had any different calibration settings for this set??
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page