Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 187 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5581 of 5673 Old 06-06-2015, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That sucks. I love the Eco sensor. Hopefully it's just a bug that an update can fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5582 of 5673 Old 06-07-2015, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,
This recent update has created an issue that I am unable to fix. In the smart hub while in the youtube app, I cannot move the sound up or down. The red LED flashes on the right bottom corner as the remote is sending the command but it does not raise or lower the volume. The volume indicator on the left does not appear and the sound is at the level as you had while watching in my case Directv on hdmi1. I have reset the smart hub, the TV from the setting and unplugged it for 5 minutes and nothing. I guess I should just use the ps4 but it was working before and not now and want to know it is not an issue with the set as it is still in warranty.

Thanks in advance for the help.
post #5583 of 5673 Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn90240 View Post
Hello,
This recent update has created an issue that I am unable to fix. In the smart hub while in the youtube app, I cannot move the sound up or down. The red LED flashes on the right bottom corner as the remote is sending the command but it does not raise or lower the volume. The volume indicator on the left does not appear and the sound is at the level as you had while watching in my case Directv on hdmi1. I have reset the smart hub, the TV from the setting and unplugged it for 5 minutes and nothing. I guess I should just use the ps4 but it was working before and not now and want to know it is not an issue with the set as it is still in warranty.

I noticed since this update that my soundbar will not turn on at all with the tv anymore in fact it seems to always default to the tv speakers which is very annoying. I don't like this update at all. The motion and the picture quality has changed for the worse imo to Ive complained to Samsung about it and these things were not present at all in previous firmware updates
post #5584 of 5673 Old 06-08-2015, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Hello,

It's not your TV. I recently got a Youtube App update within the last few days & also notice that I can't control my TV volume when using the App either. I did NOT do the latest TV firmware update so it is probably the latest Youtube App update.
post #5585 of 5673 Old 06-09-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
It's not your TV. I recently got a Youtube App update within the last few days & also notice that I can't control my TV volume when using the App either. I did NOT do the latest TV firmware update so it is probably the latest Youtube App update.
Thanks for the response.
post #5586 of 5673 Old 06-09-2015, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Thanks for the response.
Your welcome.. Now for some better news. Youtube just did another Applicatrion update this morning. The update did not go well at first though. I had to uninstall the entire App after the update completed because my Youtube Icon disappeared. It did return after I re-installed it again. Now the Volume control is back to Normal on Youtube. Yahoo!!!
post #5587 of 5673 Old 06-09-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
Your welcome.. Now for some better news. Youtube just did another Applicatrion update this morning. The update did not go well at first though. I had to uninstall the entire App after the update completed because my Youtube Icon disappeared. It did return after I re-installed it again. Now the Volume control is back to Normal on Youtube. Yahoo!!!
Thanks again did the same as you and it works!
post #5588 of 5673 Old 06-15-2015, 06:32 PM

Liked: 10
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has used the HBO Go app on the UN55F7100. I have recently been using it the last month or so and have difficulties keeping it activated. Every other day I try the app and it does say that I have to activate even though it should already be activated. When I attempt to activate it will say on my browser that it succeeded but the TV will say "Please Note: It is not possible to sign in at this time. Please try again later". The only way I can get it to work is to turn the TV off and restart. The whole thing will happen again the next day. I am on the latest firmware 2209. Has anybody experienced this?

Thanks,

Jason
post #5589 of 5673 Old 06-15-2015, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpav80 View Post
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has used the HBO Go app on the UN55F7100. I have recently been using it the last month or so and have difficulties keeping it activated. Every other day I try the app and it does say that I have to activate even though it should already be activated. When I attempt to activate it will say on my browser that it succeeded but the TV will say "Please Note: It is not possible to sign in at this time. Please try again later". The only way I can get it to work is to turn the TV off and restart. The whole thing will happen again the next day. I am on the latest firmware 2209. Has anybody experienced this?

Thanks,

Jason
Yep I experience the exact same behavior. I usually click on "browse", turn the tv off and back on, then open up the app again. 75% of the time that works. Very annoying.
post #5590 of 5673 Old 06-16-2015, 05:48 AM

I have contacted both HBO Go and Samsung and they seem to blame each other. Neither had a good solution. HBO says to remove and reinstall the app. The app is preinstalled so the only way I could remove it was to change the region which forced it to be deleted. That didn't help. Samsung only said to make sure it had the latest firmware when I emailed them. They don't even have the latest firmware on the site which is 2209 (they show 2207). I was going to have them remote control to the TV and see if they can factory reset it through the service menu, but I feel like that won't help either. Is that any different then the factory reset found in the standard menu. I think it is just a bad app. I also have an UN55F7500 in another room and it has the same app and it has no issues at all. On that TV the app is not preinstalled and I did notice it is a different version of the app.
post #5591 of 5673 Old 06-16-2015, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpav80 View Post
I have contacted both HBO Go and Samsung and they seem to blame each other. Neither had a good solution. HBO says to remove and reinstall the app. The app is preinstalled so the only way I could remove it was to change the region which forced it to be deleted. That didn't help. Samsung only said to make sure it had the latest firmware when I emailed them. They don't even have the latest firmware on the site which is 2209 (they show 2207). I was going to have them remote control to the TV and see if they can factory reset it through the service menu, but I feel like that won't help either. Is that any different then the factory reset found in the standard menu. I think it is just a bad app. I also have an UN55F7500 in another room and it has the same app and it has no issues at all. On that TV the app is not preinstalled and I did notice it is a different version of the app.
HBO Go and similar apps work flawlessly on Apple TV. Worth the $69 and forget the Smart Hub.
azz7686 likes this.
post #5592 of 5673 Old 06-17-2015, 06:19 AM

Liked: 11
How do you permanently disable the pop-up message on Samsung TVs that's been appearing across the top of the screen every time I turn my UNXXF7100 on? I tried everything to get it to not come up again, from clicking "ok", to viewing the message in the browser. The damn thing still keeps popping up every time I turn on the TV. This also happened last summer for about 2 months, for the cancellation of some fit app. Extremely annoying.

I looked but could not find an option to never display this messages. Anyone?
azz7686 likes this.
post #5593 of 5673 Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0dd View Post
How do you permanently disable the pop-up message on Samsung TVs that's been appearing across the top of the screen every time I turn my UNXXF7100 on? I tried everything to get it to not come up again, from clicking "ok", to viewing the message in the browser. The damn thing still keeps popping up every time I turn on the TV. This also happened last summer for about 2 months, for the cancellation of some fit app. Extremely annoying.

I looked but could not find an option to never display this messages. Anyone?
I wish I knew. It's so annoying I swear but I dont think theres anything we can do about it.
post #5594 of 5673 Old 06-18-2015, 05:42 PM

Liked: 11
Apologies if this has been answered already, I did my best to search this thread (and other Samsung threads) to find a solution that works. I've read so many posts, I feel like my eyes are going to bleed...

A little over a month ago, my UN55ES7100 started power cycling. At first it was every few minutes. I took off the back panel to check the capacitors and none were bulging. After that (perhaps coincidentally), the TV would only power cycle after about 2 minutes of being turned on and would not power cycle again no matter how long I had the TV on. It was a small enough annoyance that I could live with it. Until yesterday.

Yesterday, it started power cycling every 3-4 minutes. Again, I removed the back panel and bezel. I made sure all cables were secure and that there was no scorching on any of the boards or cables. I replaced the batteries in my remote. I turned of all Eco Mode settings. I disconnected the network cable and made sure wi-fi was off. I did a factory reset. I installed the latest firmware from USB (version 2004.0 from the Samsung site, dated June 5, 2015). After the firmware update, neither the remote control nor the control button on the back of the TV would work. I unplugged the set for a few minutes, then plugged it back in and powered it up, then the remote worked again. While recalibrating the picture, the TV would power cycle every 3-4 minutes. However, it's remained on for the last half hour or so.

Has anyone discovered a definitive solution to the power cycling issue? If it involved Samsung service (I'm out of warranty), does anyone know what kind of cost I'd be looking at?

Thank you so much in advance for any help. I'm at my wits end!

Last edited by darthclem; 06-19-2015 at 09:01 AM.
post #5595 of 5673 Old 06-18-2015, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Here's a new problem that has developed since the last firmware download. When using the led clear motion function, there is a horrible flickering on the bottom quarter of the screen. If the backlighting is dropped below 10 it goes away. However, when trying to watch in 3D it flickers uncontrollably and no setting change makes it stop. It is completely unwatchable. Again, this behavior only started with this latest firmware. I'm about ready to call
in for service. Anyone else run into this problem?
post #5596 of 5673 Old 06-19-2015, 08:44 AM

Describe the scene that fickered. I saw my top right of screen flicker during a vertical panning scene that was showing the sky then trees.
post #5597 of 5673 Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It's a constant flickering of the backlight. (Light to dark, light to dark) all along the bottom 6 inches of the screen.
I'm noticing some other anomalies as well. Thin lines jitering and black levels fluctuating (the later may be source related. I'll have to do some more testing)
post #5598 of 5673 Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrny99 View Post
may 22 I had my UN60H7150AFXZA delivered. right off the get go i had to chat with samsung about the picture being cut off and freezing of netflixs, also the only page that loads up proper is the google start page.

youtube works ok other than the clumsy way the remote works. when the tv started freezing and force closing i contacted sammy again and they are sending a tech.

I see where some people think browsing is only for a computer? I bought this to have both and I am seriously thinking about returning it for a different model or another brand. does anyone have any kind of fix for the freezing and browsing that sucks ? thanks

what tv would you buy if you had a chance to replace the lemon you bought ?
update, samsung put me in contact with the tech who i spoke with on phone, he said the board was bad. I returned the tv today to walmart for full refund.
post #5599 of 5673 Old 06-20-2015, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
Describe the scene that fickered. I saw my top right of screen flicker during a vertical panning scene that was showing the sky then trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphil View Post
It's a constant flickering of the backlight. (Light to dark, light to dark) all along the bottom 6 inches of the screen.
I'm noticing some other anomalies as well. Thin lines jitering and black levels fluctuating (the later may be source related. I'll have to do some more testing)
Seems like this firmware is defective, this is similar to the brief backlight flicker I experienced with the eco sensor on. I've had zero problems with the eco sensor off.

My guess is that the LED Clear Motion (ultra-high speed turning screen on and off), Cinema Black (dimming top and bottom of screen), the Eco Sensor (dimming the backlight based on external light intensity) and the Edge-Lit design are in conflict now. The HDTV's processors fail to control each function independently and this is causing individual LEDs to be cut on and off.

I'm looking forward to the next firmware version.
post #5600 of 5673 Old 06-20-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthclem View Post
Apologies if this has been answered already, I did my best to search this thread (and other Samsung threads) to find a solution that works. I've read so many posts, I feel like my eyes are going to bleed...

A little over a month ago, my UN55ES7100 started power cycling. At first it was every few minutes. I took off the back panel to check the capacitors and none were bulging. After that (perhaps coincidentally), the TV would only power cycle after about 2 minutes of being turned on and would not power cycle again no matter how long I had the TV on. It was a small enough annoyance that I could live with it. Until yesterday.

Yesterday, it started power cycling every 3-4 minutes. Again, I removed the back panel and bezel. I made sure all cables were secure and that there was no scorching on any of the boards or cables. I replaced the batteries in my remote. I turned of all Eco Mode settings. I disconnected the network cable and made sure wi-fi was off. I did a factory reset. I installed the latest firmware from USB (version 2004.0 from the Samsung site, dated June 5, 2015). After the firmware update, neither the remote control nor the control button on the back of the TV would work. I unplugged the set for a few minutes, then plugged it back in and powered it up, then the remote worked again. While recalibrating the picture, the TV would power cycle every 3-4 minutes. However, it's remained on for the last half hour or so.

Has anyone discovered a definitive solution to the power cycling issue? If it involved Samsung service (I'm out of warranty), does anyone know what kind of cost I'd be looking at?

Thank you so much in advance for any help. I'm at my wits end!
I wish I could help. Mine cycles on while it is off, but not off while it is on and has done so for the past two years.
post #5601 of 5673 Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Any suggestions on AMP custom settings to mimic soap opera effect? Not sure what to set blur and judder to. Thanks
post #5602 of 5673 Old 06-21-2015, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post
Any suggestions on AMP custom settings to mimic soap opera effect? Not sure what to set blur and judder to. Thanks
Why would you want SOE? I'm being serious, I don't know why anyone would want that effect. It totally makes the picture look unnatural and makes movies look like, well, soap operas. Any reason?
post #5603 of 5673 Old 06-22-2015, 09:21 AM

Sometimes the judder bothers my eyes. When I tried to introduce a slight soap opera effect my eyes weren't straining anymore for some reason. I don't like a lot of soap opera effect, but just a little bit helps my eyes not strain too much.
post #5604 of 5673 Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 PM

After using piratecove settings with the latest firmware, faces are too much yellow any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by PainKiller89; 06-23-2015 at 12:43 PM.
post #5605 of 5673 Old 06-24-2015, 08:58 AM

Liked: 2
Hello everyone!

Newbie here
I've been reading all of the discussions on this thread since I got my UN60F7100 (10-17-2013). I tried all the suggested settings that were posted here and the picture turned out great! I'm still loving my Samsung and still no plans on buying a new one.

I'm currently using Piratecove's settings with a little bit of tweak as for my personal preference. Thank you Piratecove!

Early this morning I just had an update 2210 It seems the picture still looks the same as the previous update.
emileg and PiratesCove like this.
post #5606 of 5673 Old 06-24-2015, 12:29 PM

Liked: 1
What settings do you use for AMP, MPeg etc?

Thanks!
emileg likes this.
post #5607 of 5673 Old 06-24-2015, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeslime View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm currently using Piratecove's settings with a little bit of tweak as for my personal preference. Thank you Piratecove!

Early this morning I just had an update 2210 It seems the picture still looks the same as the previous update.
You are Welcome, good news about the fw. ver. 2210 update
dimeslime likes this.
post #5608 of 5673 Old 06-24-2015, 01:58 PM

Update 2210 is out so far so good picture looks crisp the motion seems better I'm still messing around with it though
post #5609 of 5673 Old 06-24-2015, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Fw. ver. 2210 is good, the picture is sharp, colors pop, the motion is smoother and the black levels are still dark.

In non-firmware news....

I think my Eco Sensor is dead...there is an artifact that shows up (dark area for a second) when adjusting the backlight upon warming the TV up.

Fortunately, this only happens if I adjust the backlight slowly up past my normal setting.

Seems like the F7100 is getting older. The Smart Hub glitch is still there also, making it difficult to update apps.
post #5610 of 5673 Old 06-24-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimeslime View Post
Hello everyone!

Newbie here
I've been reading all of the discussions on this thread since I got my UN60F7100 (10-17-2013). I tried all the suggested settings that were posted here and the picture turned out great! I'm still loving my Samsung and still no plans on buying a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Bessling View Post
What settings do you use for AMP, MPeg etc?

Thanks!
Congratulations to both of you on your first posts and welcome to AVS Forum. Glad to hear about the latest update. Thank you.
dimeslime likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page