Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread

LCD Flat Panel Displays

XBRSteve's Avatar XBRSteve
01:15 PM Liked: 14
post #541 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Wow..sorry to hear that.

Do you use Anynet+ ?

I wonder if the Universal Smart Touch remote maybe part of the power cycling.

Also a few pages back was a report of 2nd Generation replacement boards.
I have anynet off and its power cycling. I thought about the remote being the issue as well.
01:36 PM Liked: 14
post #542 of 5349
Does anyone have a td01 60" panel?
01:48 PM Liked: 14
post #543 of 5349
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBRSteve View Post

I have anynet off and its power cycling. I thought about the remote being the issue as well.
Pulled the batteries out of the remote same issue, time to return it.
PiratesCove's Avatar PiratesCove
03:11 PM Liked: 122
post #544 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 4,079
Quote:

Pulled the batteries out of the remote same issue, time to return it.

Have you tried a factory reset?

If its a firmware issue it may be corrected with the next update.

The ES7100 went through a series of bad fw updates that caused various bugs.
David Kovacs's Avatar David Kovacs
03:18 PM Liked: 10
post #545 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 1
hi, have a new 65 inch - having same issue -samsung support suggested blu ray player/hdmi cable but don't believe it-curious what is the right fix
03:34 PM Liked: 14
post #546 of 5349
Quote:

I have not tried a reset yet. If it were a firmware issue you would think there would be more complaints.
mgh26's Avatar mgh26
03:36 PM Liked: 57
post #547 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 406
Quote:

I also thought about the remote being the issue. Actually about 1 week ago the TV power cycled and I remembered a post that thought it could be the universal so I took it out of the TV room and last night was the first time it acted up again. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset but the software seemed just fine for several days beyond the lastest upgrade on the set. I guess I'll go for the 2nd generation main board but I'm not happy with my panel now. I know all pixels are good but the left side of the screen has this light leak that's actually about a 1 & 1/2 " strip of lighter image. I think it's called edge bleed but it seems to have gotten much more noticeable recently. I have switched to Movie mode for TV and blu-ray viewing so I do admit the standard mode seems to hide it but not all the way. I know a small amount is normal but usually it is equal on the left and right sides of the panel. My left side is about 50% brighter on the edge as the right side but only after TV warm-up. When powered on cold, the TV has no flashlighting or edge bleed. After mabye 5-10 minutes of warm-up it shows up. I do live in Las Vegas and the temperature has gotten alot warmer so mabye the 5-6 degrees warmer inside temperature makes a difference to this particular TV. It should not if it didn't have some type of thermal issue, my guess being the panel it'self. So I guess here I go again playing the stupid panel lottery if approved for repair exchange this comming week. Well I hope all works out or it will be another new TV exchange for me.
03:43 PM Liked: 14
post #548 of 5349
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I also thought about the remote being the issue. Actually about 1 week ago the TV power cycled and I remembered a post that thought it could be the universal so I took it out of the TV room and last night was the first time it acted up again. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset but the software seemed just fine for several days beyond the lastest upgrade on the set. I guess I'll go for the 2nd generation main board but I'm not happy with my panel now. I know all pixels are good but the left side of the screen has this light leak that's actually about a 1 & 1/2 " strip of lighter image. I think it's called edge bleed but it seems to have gotten much more noticeable recently. I have switched to Movie mode for TV and blu-ray viewing so I do admit the standard mode seems to hide it but not all the way. I know a small amount is normal but usually it is equal on the left and right sides of the panel. My left side is about 50% brighter on the edge as the right side but only after TV warm-up. When powered on cold, the TV has no flashlighting or edge bleed. After mabye 5-10 minutes of warm-up it shows up. I do live in Las Vegas and the temperature has gotten alot warmer so mabye the 5-6 degrees warmer inside temperature makes a difference to this particular TV. It should not if it didn't have some type of thermal issue, my guess being the panel it'self. So I guess here I go again playing the stupid panel lottery if approved for repair exchange this comming week. Well I hope all works out or it will be another new TV exchange for me.
Good luck I am in the same boat. I had my panel adjusted just the way I like it. The picture is great, minimal flashlighting and now this :-(. Hmmm..LG?
03:59 PM Liked: 14
post #549 of 5349
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kovacs View Post

hi, have a new 65 inch - having same issue -samsung support suggested blu ray player/hdmi cable but don't believe it-curious what is the right fix
It only happens when watching bluray?
matrix123's Avatar matrix123
04:59 PM Liked: 17
post #550 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 250
Just got replacement from best buy. Tv was un used this time and shipped with out any damage to box. Testing now in day light and I see three lighter spots in middle top of tv. Can see only in bright light images shown on screen. Not sure if this is a different form of light bleed or the pixels are firing brighter in that area. Not even sure if this type goes away over time. Any thoughts are welcomed.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316
05:10 PM Liked: 889
post #551 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Just got replacement from best buy. Tv was un used this time and shipped with out any damage to box. Testing now in day light and I see three lighter spots in middle top of tv. Can see only in bright light images shown on screen. Not sure if this is a different form of light bleed or the pixels are firing brighter in that area. Not even sure if this type goes away over time. Any thoughts are welcomed.
So are you saying the used TV looked better? You were warned. lol

Weird that it would be brighter in the center of the screen. Is that on a black screen or with an actual picture up? Doesn't sound normal if that is something you are seeing while watching the TV.
matrix123's Avatar matrix123
05:15 PM Liked: 17
post #552 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

So are you saying the used TV looked better? You were warned. lol

Weird that it would be brighter in the center of the screen. Is that on a black screen or with an actual picture up? Doesn't sound normal if that is something you are seeing while watching the TV.
Only during a very bright scene in that area. Don't see any thing when letterbox bars are on and nothing on dark screen. Still light out out so I haven't put it through night time tests yet. Your right. As of now old one was better but night time on old one was littered with clouding and flashlighting. This one has yet to show its ugly dark side. I'll replace this one again if that's the case I don't care. I brought the protection plan for an extra $250. Got on more hour till darkness though for other tests.
eric3316's Avatar eric3316
05:25 PM Liked: 889
post #553 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 3,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Only during a very bright scene in that area. Don't see any thing when letterbox bars are on and nothing on dark screen. Still light out out so I haven't put it through night time tests yet. Your right. As of now old one was better but night time on old one was littered with clouding and flashlighting. This one has yet to show its ugly dark side. I'll replace this one again if that's the case I don't care. I brought the protection plan for an extra $250. Got on more hour till darkness though for other tests.
Usually the daytime light will cover up most of the flaws found with LED TV's. If you are seeing problems in the daytime I surely would not be keeping it. I have been through 7 LED TV's over the last few months and none of them showed brightness pops at the center of the screen. Not even some LG entry level LED TV's I started with.
mgh26's Avatar mgh26
07:14 PM Liked: 57
post #554 of 5349
Quote:

It only happens when watching bluray?
Having a bad blu-ray cable would show up blotchy or unstable/no video. My blu-ray player is GREAT and did not even hicup when my TV re-booted while using it. Also, my TV will normally turn Off the blu-ray player if powered off during blu-ray viewing. This does not happen so it seems like the firmware to make that happen is also by-passed when this re-boot occures. Final thought is that if a bad blu-ray cable somhow did cause a TV power cycle reboot, why does the time clock get reset also? I recall a recent firmware fix to prevent the time from resetting that reportedly worked but now it does seem weird that my time clock has reset issues. You would think though that many others should heve seen this crop by now though. Do you guys set the clock in Manual mode or Automatic mode. I am using Manual mode. AND.....It really does feel firmware related. BUT..... Mabye it only affects marginal Main Boards that got hardware design updated in the 2nd generation batch thats now being used. I can only hope! Good luck to all that have this issue. It is APITA but has not showed its ugly face since last night's 6 re-boots eek.gif.
08:08 PM Liked: 122
post #555 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 4,079
Quote:

I also thought about the remote being the issue. Actually about 1 week ago the TV power cycled and I remembered a post that thought it could be the universal so I took it out of the TV room and last night was the first time it acted up again. The only thing I haven't done is a factory reset but the software seemed just fine for several days beyond the lastest upgrade on the set. I guess I'll go for the 2nd generation main board but I'm not happy with my panel now. My left side is about 50% brighter on the edge as the right side but only after TV warm-up. So I guess here I go again playing the stupid panel lottery if approved for repair exchange this comming week. Well I hope all works out or it will be another new TV exchange for me.

Wow eek.gif....Best of Luck...

I also had the TV turn off and on with losing the Time about a week ago.

I was during a storm and only happened once- so I didn't think too much of it. I had fw 1103 at the time.

Now on fw 1104 I haven't had any issues.
mgh26's Avatar mgh26
08:52 PM Liked: 57
post #556 of 5349
Quote:

Wow eek.gif....Best of Luck...

I also had the TV turn off and on with losing the Time about a week ago.

I was during a storm and only happened once- so I didn't think too much of it. I had fw 1103 at the time.

Now on fw 1104 I haven't had any issues.
Thanks Alot. As I recall I believe the first reset was most likely with Ver 1103. My Apt building was being prepared for a re-painting so I also thought it might have been sombody messing with the building power for a split second. I know better now. As far as the panel issue, I've blasted the AC all afternoon and the edge bleed may be slightly less. My picture is still really good over all and it is a scary proposition to do any more panel swap outs. It will be interesting to see what the Samsung tech has to say about it anyways.
5gr3y's Avatar 5gr3y
11:19 PM Liked: 10
post #557 of 5349
06-08-2013 | Posts: 9
My 65 inch is powercycling I did an update this morning and it has happened 3 times now.hasnt happened before.
07:50 AM Liked: 122
post #558 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 4,079
Quote:

Thanks Alot. As I recall I believe the first reset was most likely with Ver 1103. My Apt building was being prepared for a re-painting so I also thought it might have been sombody messing with the building power for a split second. I know better now. As far as the panel issue, I've blasted the AC all afternoon and the edge bleed may be slightly less. My picture is still really good over all and it is a scary proposition to do any more panel swap outs. It will be interesting to see what the Samsung tech has to say about it anyways.

Hopefully its a firmware glitch that can be corrected since you and others are reporting it to Samsung.

The PQ issue may be related to the power cycling and heat build-up.
07:51 AM Liked: 122
post #559 of 5349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5gr3y View Post

My 65 inch is powercycling I did an update this morning and it has happened 3 times now.hasnt happened before.

Do you mean firmware update or Smart Hub?

The reason I ask is that 95% of the time my HDTV is disconnected from the net./ Wi-Fi.
5gr3y's Avatar 5gr3y
08:14 AM Liked: 10
post #560 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 9
Quote:

Do you mean firmware update or Smart Hub?

The reason I ask is that 95% of the time my HD disconnected from the net./ Wi-Fi.

It happened after ver 1104 which is firmware I think. Anyways I found a fix that works for me. I went to No signalpower off and turned it off(was set at 15 min)and it hasnt happened since.
08:56 AM Liked: 122
post #561 of 5349
Quote:

It happened after ver 1104 which is firmware I think. Anyways I found a fix that works for me. I went to No signalpower off and turned it off(was set at 15 min)and it hasnt happened since.

Thanks, I also think its a bug related to Eco Solutions or the Clock / Timers.
mgh26's Avatar mgh26
09:10 AM Liked: 57
post #562 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 406
Quote:

It was a fimware update and not a Smart Hub update. As for the No signal power off solution, It is NOT the solution as mine is set to OFF and my TV power cycled again just now. I was watching another blu-ray so this fault may be related to the HDMI I/O but not the cables. My time and date did reset again as well. I reprogramed tie time and date but afterwards I set the clock to Auto instead of Manual. I just want to see if this helps with holding the setting and stops the issue for now. I'll report later if I get another power cycle using this new time configuration setting. I really do believe the latest firmware update contributed to this since My player and cable have been 100% flawless. I also have a 2nd blu-ray/3D player on a different HDMI port that I will be testing later today to see if also has the power cycle issue when watching. If not, I'll try and swap to my unused HDMI port with the 2D player that is currently power cycling.
Mike Zaaaaayyyy's Avatar Mike Zaaaaayyyy
10:25 AM Liked: 17
post #563 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 131
Samsung 7100,Bose Lifestyle T-20,Oppo-Bdp-93:)
10:28 AM Liked: 122
post #564 of 5349
Quote:

It was a fimware update and not a Smart Hub update. As for the No signal power off solution, It is NOT the solution as mine is set to OFF and my TV power cycled again just now.. My time and date did reset again as well. I reprogramed tie time and date but afterwards I set the clock to Auto instead of Manual.

My Clock is set to Auto on fw 1104 (no cycle) and before it was Manual on fw 1103 (with 1 cycle).

Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope somebody at Samsung figures out what is causing this.
mgh26's Avatar mgh26
11:30 AM Liked: 57
post #565 of 5349
Quote:

My Clock is set to Auto on fw 1104 (no cycle) and before it was Manual on fw 1103 (with 1 cycle).

Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope somebody at Samsung figures out what is causing this.
Your welcome. I now know setting the Clock in Auto or Manual mode does not matter. I got another power recycle in auto mode. I am now considering HDMI port #2 (ARC Port) may be contributing to this as my HDMI port 3 has not re-cycled as of yet while watching a blu-ray with identical settings as HDMI port #2 SO... I now have connected my 3D blu-ray and HDMI cable from port #3 to port #2 and am re-testing. If this issue is related to port HDMI port #2, I expect to see a power cycle but since this is intermintent this may or may not be conclusive test results if I don't get the issue. with this configuration. For anybody that has this problem, what HDMI port were you using when the power re-cycle happened. I'm curious to know if it was also HDMI port #2. Edit: 5 minutes into this test, I got another power re-cycle like I expected. This is with my 3D player and cable that was just fine in HDMI port #3 for over 1 hour. I am now back in port #3 with this player and cable. If no further re-cycles occur, I am going to have to assume I am right and the issue seems port #2 (ARC) related. I'll continue to test for the next hour or so and then I'll report back again. If no further re-cycles happen, I'm going to turn off that Aynet feature next to see if the "Smart auto handshakeing functions" between the TV and Blu-ray player are now triggering this issue in port #2 since the firmware update. I really hope I can isolate it. Either way, it looks like a new Main board is in my TV's future for the quickest problem resolution.
5gr3y's Avatar 5gr3y
11:46 AM Liked: 10
post #566 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 9
I am using port 2 arc but as mentioned earlier I havent experienced it since switching no signal power.may want to checksleep timer and auto power off
mgh26's Avatar mgh26
12:01 PM Liked: 57
post #567 of 5349
Quote:

I am using port 2 arc but as mentioned earlier I havent experienced it since switching no signal power.may want to checksleep timer and auto power off
Good suggestion but I did and they are OFF. Question to XBR Steve.... Are you also having your Power re-cycle issues while using HDMI Port #2?
Sebas Garcia's Avatar Sebas Garcia
01:48 PM Liked: 11
post #568 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 63
I was watching pirates of the caribbean last night when a whole bunch white boxes started running through the top of the screen . I read someone else had this issue and did a factory reset question is how do i do a factory reset?? also anyone know the cause of these things? is the tv faulty?
02:19 PM Liked: 122
post #569 of 5349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebas Garcia View Post

I was watching pirates of the caribbean last night when a whole bunch white boxes started running through the top of the screen . I read someone else had this issue and did a factory reset question is how do I do a factory reset?

To reset go to Menu > Self Diagnosis > Reset - the code should be 0 0 0 0 (four zeros).

What was the Movie source?
Sebas Garcia's Avatar Sebas Garcia
02:34 PM Liked: 11
post #570 of 5349
06-09-2013 | Posts: 63
Quote:

To reset go to Menu > Self Diagnosis > Reset - the code should be 0 0 0 0 (four zeros).

What was the Movie source?
I'm using my 160 slim ps3 through HDMI 1 running through my sony receiver all with HDMI 1080/24p
Tags: Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv

Gear in this thread
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread