Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 190 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5671 of 5673 Old 08-06-2015, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
That makes sense though! Thanks!

Do you guys use the calibration settings from this thread only for Movie or for your other themes too like Dynamic and Natural?
Is the consensus to turn of auto motion plus completely 0 blur and 0 dej?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5673 Old 08-23-2015, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys. I've owned the Samsung UNF7100 60 inch for almost 2 years and i enjoy the tv a lot. However, since the day i bought it, i have never been able to get the colors and picture to my exact liking. I have used many calibration settings from these forums etc. but here's my dilemma:

as recommended by almost everyone, i am using the movie mode with piratecoves calibration settings and i mainly use the tv for cable tv (set top box) and gaming. However, when i compare the built in natural mode with the movie mode, i notice that for skin tone, the movie mode (with the recommended settings from this forum thread) just seem likes faces are a bit yellow instead of vibrant (normal looking skin tone) like the built in natural mode. The issue is i cant compare what the difference is because in Dynamic and Natural mode "advanced settings" is greyed out!!! So here's my question. Is there any way i can get into the advanced settings in Dynamic or Natural so i can compare whats different, or does anyone have a layout of what they are factory defaulted to? Its very annoying to not be able to see what the settings are in Natural and Dynamic for advanced

And changing the skin tone setting does nothing btw
post #5673 of 5673 Old 08-23-2015, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
"as recommended by almost everyone, i am using the movie mode with piratecoves calibration settings and i mainly use the tv for cable tv (set top box) and gaming. However, when i compare the built in natural mode with the movie mode, i notice that for skin tone, the movie mode (with the recommended settings from this forum thread) just seem likes faces are a bit yellow instead of vibrant (normal looking skin tone) like the built in natural mode."

I had been using Movie mode but was not using Piratecoves settings. Although it produced a pleasant enough picture, something just didn't look right on MY tv. I ended up with my own settings using a slightly modified Movie setting (I used Warm 1 and I believe my WB settings were mostly default). After the last update, I've found that a modified Standard setting now looks better. Auto dimming seems less aggressive - it no longer dips to black as drastically as before - while covering up the slight clouding on my set. I've always preferred Standard over Movie for the way it handled skin tones while also giving the picture an overall "pop" (Movie, while nice, just seemed a tad duller). However, the way dimming kicked in on darker scenes making them way too dark, always bothered me. So much so that I used Movie instead. However, I have found Movie also uses dimming unless you have brightness set to a certain level (46, I believe). The problem was, with brightness set higher, the slight clouding in darker scenes was more visible on my tv. The way I have it set now with Standard, blacks are black so no clouding is visible, dark scenes aren't too dark, and the drastic dimming is no longer visible. Who knows, maybe next month I'll switch back to Movie but for now Standard's working for me.

As far as Natural and Dynamic, they are totally unwatchable to me because of the way they bump the contrast resulting in blown out images.
mgh26 likes this.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread