Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 106Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5731 of 5779 Old 01-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
 
emileg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
.... just hard to imagine the tv can't run on it when a tiny watch can,LOL.
I believe the architecture of the CPU in the TV would have to accommodate Tizen, as does the CPU in the watch.
emileg is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5732 of 5779 Old 01-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOK4PQ View Post
PiratesCove... I've always appreciated your extensive input to the F7100 Thread and have used modified versions of your settings in the past...


Wondering if anyone else has noticed a degrading of the PQ after the 2211 Update? I normally wait for more in-depth reaction to a new update but this time I went ahead and did the update without much investigation.


Ver 2210 IMO provided the best overall PQ clarity, image sharpness, etc and I have noticed a considerably "dullness"/"fuzziness" to the PQ after the upgrade. Yes, the Smart Hub is new but at this point I would gladly return to V. 2210 if I could find the previous version online (so far I haven't). If anyone has any links to the previous version, I'd appreciate as I would downgrade to get the PQ clarity back (and Yes, I've done a complete reset with no change


I suspect there has been Contrast/Color changes for the F7100 and one can tell by going into the Menu Transparency (I prior had it at Medium and leaving it there now pretty much results in a complete blackout without changing to "High")


Welcome any input other owners have noticed with the new Firmware 2211
I too updated to the 2211 new firmware, "dullness"/"fuzziness", is a perfect way to describe the P.Q. Even though my tv is a F6400, I'm posting here since this thread is far more active. On live Comcast set top box HDMI, brightness/sharpness and general P.Q. are slightly worse. My connection is strong and clean.
On the hub, I mostly use HBO GO and Amazon TV. Here the picture quality is really really bad. dull, fuzzy, dark... My connection is superb with 5GHZ, 802.11AC, strong signal and very high throughput. For reference, the TV performed great with Ver.2210.
I can only hope that Samsung monitors these threads and quickly changes back settings in their next update, that is if there are going to be further updates for the F series.
emileg likes this.
shugsy5 is offline  
post #5733 of 5779 Old 02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
emileg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugsy5 View Post
I too updated to the 2211 new firmware, "dullness"/"fuzziness", is a perfect way to describe the P.Q. Even though my tv is a F6400, I'm posting here since this thread is far more active. On live Comcast set top box HDMI, brightness/sharpness and general P.Q. are slightly worse. My connection is strong and clean.
On the hub, I mostly use HBO GO and Amazon TV. Here the picture quality is really really bad. dull, fuzzy, dark... My connection is superb with 5GHZ, 802.11AC, strong signal and very high throughput. For reference, the TV performed great with Ver.2210.
I can only hope that Samsung monitors these threads and quickly changes back settings in their next update, that is if there are going to be further updates for the F series.
Even with 2207, the Amazon picture quality suffers on the smart hub and is outstanding using Amazon Fire TV. Every smart hub app I tried looks better when it is available on Apple TV and/or Fire TV.
emileg is online now  
post #5734 of 5779 Old 02-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugsy5 View Post
I too updated to the 2211 new firmware, "dullness"/"fuzziness", is a perfect way to describe the P.Q. Even though my tv is a F6400, I'm posting here since this thread is far more active. On live Comcast set top box HDMI, brightness/sharpness and general P.Q. are slightly worse. My connection is strong and clean.
On the hub, I mostly use HBO GO and Amazon TV. Here the picture quality is really really bad. dull, fuzzy, dark... My connection is superb with 5GHZ, 802.11AC, strong signal and very high throughput. For reference, the TV performed great with Ver.2210.
I can only hope that Samsung monitors these threads and quickly changes back settings in their next update, that is if there are going to be further updates for the F series.
I also noticed once Firmware Ver 2211 was installed a very slight dullness I can describe as "slightly less picture sharrpness" had occured but only in Interlaced (1080i signal) type Video Brodcasts. My 1080P Blu-Ray still looks Great. It seemed to me that the Digital Clean View with Interlaced signals behaves slightly different than any previous firmware updates had on my TV at least. Actually, it's not a bad thing either since it tends to reduce video noise that my cable provider sticks us with during peak usage hours of the day. I still would prefer Ver 2210 back but with the new Tizen look. I actually like it now that I'm used to it.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5735 of 5779 Old 02-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Member
 
cruiser head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All, I have had 65" for 2 years and am now moving from the US to the UK. I love this TV...can I take it with me? Looks like it says 120V power only, but I am not sure if I am interpreting correctly. Would appreciate advice from someone who knows this stuff
cruiser head is offline  
post #5736 of 5779 Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Member
 
CurryStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm still using firmware 2207 on my 55" and decided to check in this forum (as I do a few times a year) to see if the newer firmware updates are worth it. Firmware 2210 seems like a really good one, but like others have pointed out, only 2211 is available for download on Samsung's site. With the complaints about 2211 so far in this thread as well as me being happy with 2207, I don't think I want to upgrade to 2211 at this moment. However, I would upgrade to 2210 if I could find a download for it somewhere.

Has anyone found a place to download 2210 yet? I think I'm going to email Samsung support and see what they say about getting a hold of 2210.
CurryStorm is offline  
post #5737 of 5779 Old 02-15-2016, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
I also noticed once Firmware Ver 2211 was installed a very slight dullness I can describe as "slightly less picture sharrpness" had occured but only in Interlaced (1080i signal) type Video Brodcasts. My 1080P Blu-Ray still looks Great. It seemed to me that the Digital Clean View with Interlaced signals behaves slightly different than any previous firmware updates had on my TV at least. Actually, it's not a bad thing either since it tends to reduce video noise that my cable provider sticks us with during peak usage hours of the day. I still would prefer Ver 2210 back but with the new Tizen look. I actually like it now that I'm used to it.

I haven't noticed the "less sharp picture" - went back to my older settings with sharpness at 5 and 1080i looks excellent.


I did have a random power cycle again and learned what the cause is, its the firmware.


Even with eco sensor and power saving off, the new firmware detects issues with Anynet+ via the Remote's Bluetooth when batteries get low.


Some left-over software that linked the Tools to the now gone Channel Guide is still present in Anynet+ and the Universal Remote.


Using the power button on the rear of the set, I was surprised that it could control the DirecTV Set Top Box to change channels.


I learned the fix is to Turn-Off the set with the rear power button and replace the Remote batteries.


This software glitch is similar to the old 15min shut-down with Cinema Black, now its triggered by Remote Bluetooth or Radio Frequency signals.


Now I am also looking forward to the next Firmware Update.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm View Post
I'm still using firmware 2207 on my 55" and decided to check in this forum (as I do a few times a year) to see if the newer firmware updates are worth it. Firmware 2210 seems like a really good one, but like others have pointed out, only 2211 is available for download on Samsung's site. With the complaints about 2211 so far in this thread as well as me being happy with 2207, I don't think I want to upgrade to 2211 at this moment. However, I would upgrade to 2210 if I could find a download for it somewhere.

Has anyone found a place to download 2210 yet? I think I'm going to email Samsung support and see what they say about getting a hold of 2210.
Only way to get it would be via. USB, with 2210 downloaded on it.
PiratesCove is offline  
post #5738 of 5779 Old 02-18-2016, 04:57 AM
Newbie
 
scott81603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
I haven't noticed the "less sharp picture" - went back to my older settings with sharpness at 5 and 1080i looks excellent.


I did have a random power cycle again and learned what the cause is, its the firmware.


Even with eco sensor and power saving off, the new firmware detects issues with Anynet+ via the Remote's Bluetooth when batteries get low.


Some left-over software that linked the Tools to the now gone Channel Guide is still present in Anynet+ and the Universal Remote.


Using the power button on the rear of the set, I was surprised that it could control the DirecTV Set Top Box to change channels.


I learned the fix is to Turn-Off the set with the rear power button and replace the Remote batteries.


This software glitch is similar to the old 15min shut-down with Cinema Black, now its triggered by Remote Bluetooth or Radio Frequency signals.


Now I am also looking forward to the next Firmware Update.




Only way to get it would be via. USB, with 2210 downloaded on it.

Pirate,

What are your current settings for comparison sake? I plan on updating my firmware later this evening.
scott81603 is offline  
post #5739 of 5779 Old 02-19-2016, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott81603 View Post
Pirate,

What are your current settings for comparison sake? I plan on updating my firmware later this evening.

Same as Before, currently using original Color Settings:


Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread
PiratesCove is offline  
post #5740 of 5779 Old 02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
scott81603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
Same as Before, currently using original Color Settings:


Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread

Thank you
scott81603 is offline  
post #5741 of 5779 Old 02-21-2016, 05:38 AM
Member
 
CurryStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
Well thanks for that info. I had not done any updates because I was pretty content with the firmware I was on (2207 I think).Unfortunately I skipped 2210 . I since have updated to 2211 with not much change.
I wish I could try 2210 because it sounds like you had good luck with the same issues I have with this tv.
I'm in the same boat as you - I'm still using 2207, would really like to try out 2210 but only 2211 is available. I don't know if I want to try 2211 yet with the claims of poorer PQ.

If you happen to find a place to download 2210, please let us know. I've been searching around the 'net but can only find older firmware for Samsung phones.
CurryStorm is offline  
post #5742 of 5779 Old 02-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
New Firmware is out!

I just installed a new Firmware update Ver 2214.0 which came out ealier today. Preliminary results look great! My picture seems to be back to the slightly sharper image as before the last update. The noise filter settings for 1080i seems to function as before this last update also. That's what I was hoping for. I haven't had to do any TV Resets or anything else. Also, this update is only live & is not on the Samsung Support page yet. More information to come later on when I play with it for a while.
emileg and azz7686 like this.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5743 of 5779 Old 02-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Member
 
CurryStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
I just installed a new Firmware update Ver 2214.0 which came out ealier today. Preliminary results look great! My picture seems to be back to the slightly sharper image as before the last update. The noise filter settings for 1080i seems to function as before this last update also. That's what I was hoping for. I haven't had to do any TV Resets or anything else. Also, this update is only live & is not on the Samsung Support page yet. More information to come later on when I play with it for a while.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
mgh26 likes this.
CurryStorm is offline  
post #5744 of 5779 Old 02-27-2016, 01:10 AM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
Your welcome... I've been checking this Version out for 24 hours now & so far, all is playing very well. The picture Quality looks really good. My Browser was sluggish so I did a Smart Hub Reset. Afterwards, the Browser is faster once again.

3D looks great.

The colors seem to pop more and the picture is very crisp/sharp.

I would think this Firmware update should help with the dullness that some have experienced with Ver. 2011.... To me, this Version reminds me of the good picture quality that 2007/2010 provided along with the Newer look for 2015.

No other bugs have been discovered so far so I hope this version will be the keeper for some time.
PiratesCove and azz7686 like this.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5745 of 5779 Old 02-27-2016, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
I just installed a new Firmware update Ver 2214.0 which came out ealier today. Preliminary results look great! My picture seems to be back to the slightly sharper image as before the last update. The noise filter settings for 1080i seems to function as before this last update also. That's what I was hoping for. I haven't had to do any TV Resets or anything else. Also, this update is only live & is not on the Samsung Support page yet. More information to come later on when I play with it for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
I've been checking this Version out for 24 hours now & so far, all is playing very well. The picture Quality looks really good. My Browser was sluggish so I did a Smart Hub Reset. Afterwards, the Browser is faster once again.

3D looks great.

The colors seem to pop more and the picture is very crisp/sharp.

I would think this Firmware update should help with the dullness that some have experienced with Ver. 2011.... To me, this Version reminds me of the good picture quality that 2007/2010 provided along with the Newer look for 2015.

No other bugs have been discovered so far so I hope this version will be the keeper for some time.

I also updated to Fw. Ver. 2214.0 - motion looks great as well as black-levels and colors.


Hope all new updates are Bug Free...
mgh26 likes this.
PiratesCove is offline  
post #5746 of 5779 Old 02-28-2016, 12:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
brakel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
I also updated to Fw. Ver. 2214.0 - motion looks great as well as black-levels and colors.


Hope all new updates are Bug Free...
Since updating to 2214 I've been having HDMI handshaking issues when changing channels with different resolutions. It seems to happen most when switching from 1080i to 720p. I have been having to change inputs to something else like my PlayStation 4 and then back to the DVR. Tonight I changed my DVR from outputting the native resolution to outputting everything at 1080i and that has been an effective workaround so far. I always figured that it was best to let the TV make the resolution adaptations but until the next firmware I'll just let the DVR do it.

PSN brakel

brakel is offline  
post #5747 of 5779 Old 02-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post
Since updating to 2214 I've been having HDMI handshaking issues when changing channels with different resolutions. It seems to happen most when switching from 1080i to 720p. I have been having to change inputs to something else like my PlayStation 4 and then back to the DVR. Tonight I changed my DVR from outputting the native resolution to outputting everything at 1080i and that has been an effective workaround so far. I always figured that it was best to let the TV make the resolution adaptations but until the next firmware I'll just let the DVR do it.
Well I don't Think Samsung will ever get the Firmware 100% bug free. They do NOT go back & test every function when doing firmware changes so it seems that they take one step forward & two steps backwards during many of the "Improvements" they offer to us.

This issue would not be caught by myself either. I have always set my STB to 1080i & my picture displays better then if I let the TV do all of the upscaling. Maybe this is helping since the TV's processor doesn't need to do as many tasks prior to displaying the final image. Not sure about that though.

So... For me this is not an issue. Any other bugs that have been noticed with this latest firmware version? All feedback is appreciated.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5748 of 5779 Old 02-28-2016, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
azz7686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I had that issue thru out all the updates, and I always check it then go back to the set top box and lock in 1080i, 1080P. Other than that issue the picture is sharper and it looks just like what others have said about the 2010 version.

Spoiler!
azz7686 is offline  
post #5749 of 5779 Old 02-28-2016, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
Well I don't Think Samsung will ever get the Firmware 100% bug free. They do NOT go back & test every function when doing firmware changes so it seems that they take one step forward & two steps backwards during many of the "Improvements" they offer to us.

This issue would not be caught by myself either. I have always set my STB to 1080i & my picture displays better then if I let the TV do all of the upscaling. Maybe this is helping since the TV's processor doesn't need to do as many tasks prior to displaying the final image. Not sure about that though.

So... For me this is not an issue. Any other bugs that have been noticed with this latest firmware version? All feedback is appreciated.
I had the "random" TV reset again with Fw. Ver. 2214.0, still believe its the firmware as the update was mainly for Samsung's 3D App.


Crazy- as I have only had the reset glitch on Sundays after the Remote becoming sluggish.
This reminds me how selecting the Netflix or Amazon quick access in the More on screen panel without Internet connection would also cause the TV reset in earlier firmware versions.
Did the power off on TV back button and replaced the remote batteries again.
I also reset Anynet + and the Remote Setup.


The picture quality is definitely better with this firmware though.


Looking forward to another...firmware, again. I only use 1080i and 1080p inputs so don't notice any HDMI issues.
azz7686 likes this.
PiratesCove is offline  
post #5750 of 5779 Old 02-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
I had the "random" TV reset again with Fw. Ver. 2214.0, still believe its the firmware as the update was mainly for Samsung's 3D App.


Crazy- as I have only had the reset glitch on Sundays after the Remote becoming sluggish.
This reminds me how selecting the Netflix or Amazon quick access in the More on screen panel without Internet connection would also cause the TV reset in earlier firmware versions.
Did the power off on TV back button and replaced the remote batteries again.
I also reset Anynet + and the Remote Setup.


The picture quality is definitely better with this firmware though.


Looking forward to another...firmware, again. I only use 1080i and 1080p inputs so don't notice any HDMI issues.
I haven't had any TV Resets since I did the full reset back with version 2011. It never returned since. I do notice that my STB is having issues turning OFF automatically. It seems to clear up when I play with the synched power selection by selecting Off & then On again. Helps for a while. I wonder if low remote batteries could cause this? Probably NOT....

I have noticed that this firmware version does display blacker blacks but it seems almost as like the advanced Menu Dark Tone settings have been slightly mdified. I don't see as big of a change from Off to selecting Dark with this version of firmware. Some TV viewing almost seems a bit too dark.. Most is just fine. Over-all I do perfer this version over 2011 for sure! Maybe one more update may be in order.. I have recently had a couple of Web crashes returning me to my home page. Could it be the Samsung Server update thing? It was sure around the times when the stupid Samsung service Message popped up. Not really sure.

I might just bite the bullet & do another full factory reset (for the 1 Thousand time) & see if that changes the way the Dark Tone setting behaves. You never know what a factory Reset may correct. In this case there may be no change but my curosity is getting the best of me.


Hope you Iron out that reset issue Pirate!!!
PiratesCove likes this.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5751 of 5779 Old 03-05-2016, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
PiratesCove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
I haven't had any TV Resets since I did the full reset back with version 2011. It never returned since. I do notice that my STB is having issues turning OFF automatically. It seems to clear up when I play with the synched power selection by selecting Off & then On again. Helps for a while. I wonder if low remote batteries could cause this? Probably NOT....

I have noticed that this firmware version does display blacker blacks but it seems almost as like the advanced Menu Dark Tone settings have been slightly mdified. I don't see as big of a change from Off to selecting Dark with this version of firmware. Some TV viewing almost seems a bit too dark.. Most is just fine. Over-all I do perfer this version over 2011 for sure! Maybe one more update may be in order.. I have recently had a couple of Web crashes returning me to my home page. Could it be the Samsung Server update thing? It was sure around the times when the stupid Samsung service Message popped up. Not really sure.

I might just bite the bullet & do another full factory reset (for the 1 Thousand time) & see if that changes the way the Dark Tone setting behaves. You never know what a factory Reset may correct. In this case there may be no change but my curosity is getting the best of me.


Hope you Iron out that reset issue Pirate!!!

Thanks for all the Positive Energy, much appreciated...


Samsung knows they had (have) a firmware issue:


This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
The version is 2214.0
This firmware update will improve the following:

Solves Netflix loading issue
Solves Auto Off-On Issue
Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.
Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.
Improves Picture Quality.
Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.
Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.


-from the Samsung support page


I had another power restart while switching inputs, so did my first Factory Reset on Fw. Ver. 2214.0


The Picture Quality on this firmware is Outstanding and after the Reset its so far, so good


I did notice the darker black levels (I like them) , try using Gamma at +1, that's what I do


So did your Factory Reset help?
PiratesCove is offline  
post #5752 of 5779 Old 03-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
slow ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
Thanks for all the Positive Energy, much appreciated...


Samsung knows they had (have) a firmware issue:


This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
The version is 2214.0
This firmware update will improve the following:

Solves Netflix loading issue
Solves Auto Off-On Issue
Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.
Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.
Improves Picture Quality.
Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.
Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.


-from the Samsung support page


I had another power restart while switching inputs, so did my first Factory Reset on Fw. Ver. 2214.0


The Picture Quality on this firmware is Outstanding and after the Reset its so far, so good


I did notice the darker black levels (I like them) , try using Gamma at +1, that's what I do


So did your Factory Reset help?
I did the latest up date on the 7100 and at first glance I like what I see. Judder seems to have improved and the color appears to be more crisp / less washed out . Too early to say for sure but I like my first impression.

I have a new 6300 that I put in a bedroom back around Christmas. Randomly like once a month the power goes off or it won't turn on. It doesnt turn back on again without playing around . I thought at first it was a direct tv issue so I rebooted the satellite box. That seemed to work but today 'after ' reading the above post I decided to get the wi Fi hooked up so that I could do a software update. Working fine now.
My question is has anyone else experienced this and has any of the recent firmware updates addressed this ?
PiratesCove likes this.

Last edited by slow ride; 03-05-2016 at 03:24 PM.
slow ride is offline  
post #5753 of 5779 Old 03-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post
Thanks for all the Positive Energy, much appreciated...


Samsung knows they had (have) a firmware issue:


This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500
The version is 2214.0
This firmware update will improve the following:

Solves Netflix loading issue
Solves Auto Off-On Issue
Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.
Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.
Improves Picture Quality.
Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.
Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.


-from the Samsung support page


I had another power restart while switching inputs, so did my first Factory Reset on Fw. Ver. 2214.0


The Picture Quality on this firmware is Outstanding and after the Reset its so far, so good


I did notice the darker black levels (I like them) , try using Gamma at +1, that's what I do


So did your Factory Reset help?

Gamma +1 seems to be very helpful with this Version. Looking good!!! I did the factory reset/reprogram & maybe Ithe picture was not quite as dark with some content but it is still a bit darker so I tried Gamma +1 & all looks really much better. The shadow detail that was slightly crushed withmy perfered settings is now back to what I am really perfering once again. Really Good sugestion! Pirate!!

My IR Blaster is still hardly working so no luck there after I did the Reset. I may just call COX & see if they have a newer HI Def-1080I box that may just function better. I lost total ON/Off control of the Cox STB many firmware versions ago. Early versions allowed the STB to turn On & Off with the Samsung Remote Power Button. Later versions only turned Off the STB & I learned to live with that. Now the turn Off feature is really hardly wotking. I tried different positions with the location of the Blaster but no luck. It works perfect each time I reprogram the Synched Power Off at least the first power Off & somtimes a couple. Then It just doesn't turn off when the TV is powered off. I hope a newer model # of the Cox STB helps. Anybody else have any other Blaster ideas?
PiratesCove likes this.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5754 of 5779 Old 03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
emileg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
So, I am still on 2207. It works fine, except for powering on when it is off. Should I fix what is not broken by updating to 2214? Or would you say the picture quality on 2214 is substantially better than 2207? Thanks, guys for all your input and revitalizing this thread.
emileg is online now  
post #5755 of 5779 Old 03-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
slow ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post
So, I am still on 2207. It works fine, except for powering on when it is off. Should I fix what is not broken by updating to 2214? Or would you say the picture quality on 2214 is substantially better than 2207? Thanks, guys for all your input and revitalizing this thread.
I would update it.
emileg and PiratesCove like this.
slow ride is offline  
post #5756 of 5779 Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
mgh26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post
So, I am still on 2207. It works fine, except for powering on when it is off. Should I fix what is not broken by updating to 2214? Or would you say the picture quality on 2214 is substantially better than 2207? Thanks, guys for all your input and revitalizing this thread.
Good but kinda tough question to answer. I do think 2207 has really good PQ and Ver 2214 may not be substantially better. I really like tyhe motion with 2214 and just can't recall if 2207 was as good. The latest Smart Hub platform using the Tezen update is included with 2214. Version 2214 has slightly better blacks but looses a small amount of shadow detail & required some tiny tweaks to help compensate on my TV's calibration.

I wish I could see Version 2207 again to compare since it's been quite a while so I will just say if you want to have the newer Tezen style of the Smart Hub, then go for the update. If you love your picture/motion with 2207 & the Smart Hub update is of no interest, don't bother.

Too bad Samsung doesn't provide more acurate Firmware change Notes...
emileg, PiratesCove and azz7686 like this.
mgh26 is offline  
post #5757 of 5779 Old 03-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
emileg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
I would update it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
Good but kinda tough question to answer. I do think 2207 has really good PQ and Ver 2214 may not be substantially better. I really like tyhe motion with 2214 and just can't recall if 2207 was as good. The latest Smart Hub platform using the Tezen update is included with 2214. Version 2214 has slightly better blacks but looses a small amount of shadow detail & required some tiny tweaks to help compensate on my TV's calibration.

I wish I could see Version 2207 again to compare since it's been quite a while so I will just say if you want to have the newer Tezen style of the Smart Hub, then go for the update. If you love your picture/motion with 2207 & the Smart Hub update is of no interest, don't bother.

Too bad Samsung doesn't provide more acurate Firmware change Notes...
Thanks, guys. I'll let you know how I made out.
mgh26 and azz7686 like this.
emileg is online now  
post #5758 of 5779 Old 03-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Smile

On my F6400, I still have the inferior firmware version 2211. Changing gamma from 0 to +1, does return some of the brightness and contrast I formerly had with 2210. Seeing the feedback on 2214, I'm hopeful that the PQ will return to that of 2210.
Thanks to you guys who keep up these great threads!
PiratesCove and azz7686 like this.
shugsy5 is offline  
post #5759 of 5779 Old 03-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I woke up this morning to my 65inch 7100 power cycling. Anyone know where I can get the service manual or the part number for the Power board? Thx
Brker19 is offline  
post #5760 of 5779 Old 03-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
emileg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post
Thanks, guys. I'll let you know how I made out.
I bit the bullet and installed 2214. Picture quality is just fine. I haven't noticed any motion problems. I checked out the new Smart Hub. The layout is different, but I would not call it better. In fairness, I haven't had a chance to check out any of the apps, such as Netflix, which in the past always looked better on Apple TV or Fire TV. When I have a chance I will check out to see how Netflix PQ on the new hub compares to Netflix on the other two streaming devices.
emileg is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

taboola here
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off