Official Samsung UNXXF7100 Owners Thread - Page 195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 127Likes

post #5821 of 5832 Old 08-30-2016, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpav80 View Post
I updated to firmware 2220 today and it immediately caused flickering on the top 3rd of the screen. I found that if I turned off LED clear motion under custom auto motion plus settings the problem goes away. It was working fine under 2214. Anyone else notice this issue or is something now wrong with my TV.

I wish there was a way to go back. I was doing fine with the older firmware.
Sounds like you need to do a Full Factory Reset. Write your settings down before you do it if you haven't alrready done that.

Ver 2220 does not cause flickering, at least your the first one to report it so I bet the reset corrects your issue. I've had to do the Factory Reset many times after doing a firmware update. It sucks but it does seem to correct weird issues like the one you are having now. Hope that helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 5832 Old 08-31-2016, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post
Sounds like you need to do a Full Factory Reset. Write your settings down before you do it if you haven't alrready done that.

Ver 2220 does not cause flickering, at least your the first one to report it so I bet the reset corrects your issue. I've had to do the Factory Reset many times after doing a firmware update. It sucks but it does seem to correct weird issues like the one you are having now. Hope that helps!
Looks like my Power Supply for the TV might have went during the update. It appears to match an issue people have experienced with their TVs using the Clear Motion or 3D capability of the TV. I still have support for my TV so I am having Sears take a look.

I will try a factory reset, but I am not putting much stock that it will fix it. Thanks for the advice.
ddcook10 likes this.
post #5823 of 5832 Old 08-31-2016, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

When I go into smart hub and into youtube flickers. Goes light to dark. Will try factory reset.
post #5824 of 5832 Old 08-31-2016, 02:01 PM

Also if I turn off the boot logo and turn it off 2x it will come back on. Also the eco solution will turn itself on. I just had service here and Samsung was called. Informed no issues like this reported. Also boot cannot really be turned off. Eco should turn off and stay off. Main board was ordered.

Last edited by jrn90240; 08-31-2016 at 02:40 PM.
post #5825 of 5832 Old 09-09-2016, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Still enjoying the picture quality of 2220. However, the new hub is terrible. I logged into Facebook to see my photos I posted and they were tiny and low resolution. The set logs me into Facebook every time I turn on the TV, even if I don't go to Facebook. I just want to get rid of the app. Anyone know how? Thanks.
post #5826 of 5832 Old 09-27-2016, 06:27 PM

Power Supply replaced. Issues and more came back

[QUOTE=jpav80;46450993]Looks like my Power Supply for the TV might have went during the update. It appears to match an issue people have experienced with their TVs using the Clear Motion or 3D capability of the TV. I still have support for my TV so I am having Sears take a look.

So I had my Power Supply replaced by Sears to fix the flashing display on the top third of the screen when clear motion and 3D turned on. Initially this seemed to work, but later in the day the problem returned in the center of the screen, but only on clear motion. The 3d seems to be fine. The clear motion issue was intermittent and sometimes went away with a power reboot. After some a few more days, the TV is now having trouble turning on. It will click on and off several times and eventually turn on and the clear motion is flickering all the time unless I turn it off. I had the Sears guy back and they want to replace the display. I feel like I got a bad power supply and they should try another one first. Anyone think it could be the panel? I hate the idea of swapping a panel since I could get a much worse (uniformity or banding issues)
post #5827 of 5832 Old 09-27-2016, 11:20 PM

[quote=jpav80;47090625]
Quote:
Looks like my Power Supply for the TV might have went during the update. It appears to match an issue people have experienced with their TVs using the Clear Motion or 3D capability of the TV. I still have support for my TV so I am having Sears take a look.

So I had my Power Supply replaced by Sears to fix the flashing display on the top third of the screen when clear motion and 3D turned on. Initially this seemed to work, but later in the day the problem returned in the center of the screen, but only on clear motion. The 3d seems to be fine. The clear motion issue was intermittent and sometimes went away with a power reboot. After some a few more days, the TV is now having trouble turning on. It will click on and off several times and eventually turn on and the clear motion is flickering all the time unless I turn it off. I had the Sears guy back and they want to replace the display. I feel like I got a bad power supply and they should try another one first. Anyone think it could be the panel? I hate the idea of swapping a panel since I could get a much worse (uniformity or banding issues)
Have you tried a full System Reset yet since the update? If so & you probably have already, also could be the Main Board. How's the panel you currently have besides this flashing issue? If it's been a good one up to this point, might try the Main Board first. Consider the possibility of a bad Firmware Download.

Last edited by mgh26; 09-27-2016 at 11:42 PM.
post #5828 of 5832 Old 09-28-2016, 05:27 PM

[quote=mgh26;47095545]
Quote:

Have you tried a full System Reset yet since the update? If so & you probably have already, also could be the Main Board. How's the panel you currently have besides this flashing issue? If it's been a good one up to this point, might try the Main Board first. Consider the possibility of a bad Firmware Download.
I did attempt a reset last time before having Sears out, but it didn't help. I haven't tried it again since the power supply change mainly because I am worried about the difficulty getting the TV back on. Today it seems to be ok as it started 2 times without an issue. I am happy to have the warranty with Sears, but they are slow as molasses. I am tempted to buy a power supply from PartsStore.com since they offer 30 day return on opened products. I have a feeling they won't fix the issue and I will have to get a new TV. This actually will be the 2nd time they will have to replace a TV under the service plan. The next TV will not be a Samsung since I have now had 2 sets fail after 3 years or less. At least to me their quality is subpar. I might as well spend less money on a Vizio and replace it every 3 years.
post #5829 of 5832 Old 09-30-2016, 04:09 PM

[quote=jpav80;47114817]
Quote:
I did attempt a reset last time before having Sears out, but it didn't help. I haven't tried it again since the power supply change mainly because I am worried about the difficulty getting the TV back on. Today it seems to be ok as it started 2 times without an issue. I am happy to have the warranty with Sears, but they are slow as molasses. I am tempted to buy a power supply from PartsStore.com since they offer 30 day return on opened products. I have a feeling they won't fix the issue and I will have to get a new TV. This actually will be the 2nd time they will have to replace a TV under the service plan. The next TV will not be a Samsung since I have now had 2 sets fail after 3 years or less. At least to me their quality is subpar. I might as well spend less money on a Vizio and replace it every 3 years.
I been having the opposite problem. I will turn off the tv and come back to see that it came back on. I thought maybe I did not turn it off...I tested today and it turned off then came back on by itself..
post #5830 of 5832 Old 10-02-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emileg View Post
Still enjoying the picture quality of 2220. However, the new hub is terrible. I logged into Facebook to see my photos I posted and they were tiny and low resolution. The set logs me into Facebook every time I turn on the TV, even if I don't go to Facebook. I just want to get rid of the app. Anyone know how? Thanks.
Face Book is an application that can be uninstalled in the Samsung Apps section. Locate the Facebook Icon in the app section and select it. Since it's already installed, it will now give you the option to uninstall it unlike some permanently installed apps. I don't have it on my TV as I also have uninstalled it.
emileg likes this.
post #5831 of 5832 Old 10-08-2016, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Face Book is an application that can be uninstalled in the Samsung Apps section. Locate the Facebook Icon in the app section and select it. Since it's already installed, it will now give you the option to uninstall it unlike some permanently installed apps. I don't have it on my TV as I also have uninstalled it.
It took a while to figure out how to delete the Facebook app. When I clicked on the icon, the app kept opening. Somehow, I accidentally got into the edit menu. I think I double clicked on the icon, which put an X over it. Then I clicked on the icon again and the choice came up whether to delete it or not. Samsung certainly doesn't make it intuitive, because I could not find how to get to the edit menu on purpose. Nevertheless, thanks for the head's up that I could, in fact, delete an app.
post #5832 of 5832 Old 10-19-2016, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been going through this thread and I'm convinced buying the 65F7100 is going to be the best bang for my buck I can get when buying a large used tv for our overly long living room. I'm going to pick on up tonight, and I'm wondering how to go about checking the hours on the tv to make sure it hasn't been sitting on all day and night since 2013.

I will have a chance to demo it, to look for dead/locked pixels. Is there anything specifically quirky I should be looking for with the 65" version? I know some where having issues with white boxes in the letterbox space. Thanks

Edit: In addition, this will be used mainly as an output for my HTPC on which we watch Netflix, BluRay, and game. All inputs (HTPC and Cable box) will run through my receiver and thru single HDMI to TV. Is this problematic with this display? Will I need to tweak settings when switching between gaming and movie watching all on the same input?

Last edited by troglodytes; 10-19-2016 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page