1Likes

post #721 of 5219 Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix123 View Post

Just have to ask. You got samsung to come out and replace the panel at your home?
Yes .. The panel was replaced at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 5219 Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Did the new board look different?

Chances are its the same board with FW 1014.

Hopefully the cycles are over....try the Factory Reset earlier if it does come back.

I think that my update to 1104 and factory reset - set everything right.

The remote track pad gets overloaded when I'm using the DirecTV STB and freezes.

Honestly I think a new one could have the same issue- due to poor construction.
I'm thinking the remote issue you are having might be firmware design related. It is cheaply made though. Late last night, I tried the factory reset fix. Just after re-programming everything, I did get a power cycle. But I do have a new main board now. Oh Yeah, the main board was the same and not a revised board. I asked the tech about it and he said there was no 2nd generation main board. Also, flashlighting is very minimul so far tonight. No power recycles in a couple of hours so thats promising.. No little white pac men running wild acrross the top of the screen either. Well I never did have that issue... BUT.... I can no longer turn off my cable box with the remote's power Off button. It used to power the TV and the cable box off as a feature in the universal IR setup. The STB button on the smart touch remote does turn off the cable box though. Any body have a clue on that problem? It used to work prior to the factory reset last night.
post #723 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3 day old tv, had dancing squares and a power cycle today. Got it from crutch field, so I have 60 day guarantee, a $2600 TV shouldn't have these issues
post #724 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 12:54 AM

With standard normal and Xbox rgb-extended, I like the brightness set to 40 for gaming. I think 45 is ok for movies
post #725 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 01:06 AM

Dancing square is almost definitely due to cinema black and letter boxed video. I'm guessing this is a software issue
post #726 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 04:09 AM

Liked: 17
Follow up to Post#670
Scrolling dancing white square issue in letter box DVD/Bluray, setting Cinema Black to low or off works around the problem.
Gotta wait until Samsung fixes Cinema Black medium, and high settings.

My preference for watching upscaled DVDs or Comcast/Xfinity cable,(Compressed to hell HD or DT content) is to turn Sharpness to 6 or lower, that way film grain and mpeg artifacts less visable or distracting.

Digital Clean View & Mpeg Noise Filter makes picture to soft and flat. I perfer seeing natural focus (filmed originally) vs TV sharpening process which usually adds more noise & moire patterns.

You should also make sure your viewing distance & angle is in recommended range.

I upgraded from 30" CRT to 46" to 55" LED TV in less than 3 months, it was quite shocking how crappy the picture looks compared to CRT.
46" LED TV was the best size for my space & viewing distance, but Samsung doesn't offer UNxxF7050xx in 46"frown.gif

I had the 2012 UN46ES7100 loved the picture & Netflix app was rock solid could do Super HD, but Smart Hub will never be upgraded due to memory, Youtube, Vimeo, & Daily Motion video was unusable (video would freeze pause, drop audio constantly). Web browser flash is stuck at 10.1.

Smart Hub 2.0 fixed all the video app issues , web browser has flash 11.1, and will most like likely improve since all 2013 TVs have more memory.
Smart hub 2.0 video apps crash TV (picture will turn black and will get no signal error) sometimes if using track pad remote to skip to next video.
Best not to touch track pad to much when playing video apps like Youtube.
The Netflix app is rock solid, only thing is video descriptions only show HD. Talking to Netflix support they said devices not certified will not show Super HD in video descriptions but will most likley be getting Super HD quality anyways if you have the network speed.

The IR blaster is nice but seems to play catch up after hitting 4 or more digit channels, causing crashes (TV resets power) when editing channels in menu. Trackpad remote is nice but would have been better if you had a physical number pad on remote.

The recommended viewing feature is useless, since no way to filter out SD or DT channels. I want only HD or DT channels in that feature, I have a fracking expensive HDTV 😁

The Guide feature is useless since no filtering of favorites or type of channels, you just get all channels😫 i have close to 1000 channels, its tough to scroll or use clumsy onscreen number pad.

Movies & TV in Smart Hub 2.0 is useless, if u click on a movie and Netflix is a option, you still have to give Samsung a credit card even if u already subscribe to Netflix. Less people that have my credit card the better!

Wish in Game mode you could use EQ😫

But i like the TV, hopefully Samsung doesn't take a year to fix the bugs lol!

Optimum HDTV Range
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimum_HDTV_viewing_distance
post #727 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I'm thinking the remote issue you are having might be firmware design related. It is cheaply made though. Late last night, I tried the factory reset fix. Just after re-programming everything, I did get a power cycle. But I do have a new main board now. Oh Yeah, the main board was the same and not a revised board. I asked the tech about it and he said there was no 2nd generation main board. Also, flashlighting is very minimul so far tonight. No power recycles in a couple of hours so thats promising.. No little white pac men running wild acrross the top of the screen either. Well I never did have that issue... BUT.... I can no longer turn off my cable box with the remote's power Off button. It used to power the TV and the cable box off as a feature in the universal IR setup. The STB button on the smart touch remote does turn off the cable box though. Any body have a clue on that problem? It used to work prior to the factory reset last night.

Well that convinces me now its firmware since you were "auto-updated" to 1104.

Now that I think of it 1102 was ready to update when I connected- with auto update off.

Samsung's "fix"was a worse panel and a "new" board with the same issue. rolleyes.gif Crazy...

Thanks for the confirmation on no 2nd Gen. Board- that puts the hope back on a firmware fix.

The squares (I have never seen on my set) are also firmware related to Cinema Black as another member observed.

Oh yeah, the remote is also beta testing- If and when I get a fix or new one, I'll be sure to share the info.
post #728 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo79 View Post

3 day old tv, had dancing squares and a power cycle today. Got it from crutch field, so I have 60 day guarantee, a $2600 TV shouldn't have these issues.

You are right. You could update the fw. (if possible).

Also try a Factory Reset.

To reset go to Menu > Self Diagnosis > Reset - the code should be 0 0 0 0 (four zeros).
post #729 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo79 View Post

With standard normal and Xbox rgb-extended, I like the brightness set to 40 for gaming. I think 45 is ok for movies

If your backlight is set high around 20 that works.

I have the backlight at 14- still pretty bright so brightness settings can vary.

I keep the brightness at 45 because when Micro-Dimming darkens a dark scene...eek.gif
post #730 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqzen View Post

Follow up to Post#670
Scrolling dancing white square issue in letter box DVD/Bluray, setting Cinema Black to low or off works around the problem.
Gotta wait until Samsung fixes Cinema Black medium, and high settings.

I upgraded from 30" CRT to 46" to 55" LED TV in less than 3 months, it was quite shocking how crappy the picture looks compared to CRT.
46" LED TV was the best size for my space & viewing distance, but Samsung doesn't offer UNxxF7050xx in 46"frown.gif

I had the 2012 UN46ES7100 loved the picture & Netflix app was rock solid could do Super HD, but Smart Hub will never be upgraded due to memory, Youtube, Vimeo, & Daily Motion video was unusable (video would freeze pause, drop audio constantly). Web browser flash is stuck at 10.1.

Smart Hub 2.0 fixed all the video app issues , web browser has flash 11.1, and will most like likely improve since all 2013 TVs have more memory.
Smart hub 2.0 video apps crash TV (picture will turn black and will get no signal error) sometimes if using track pad remote to skip to next video.
Best not to touch track pad to much when playing video apps like Youtube.

The IR blaster is nice but seems to play catch up after hitting 4 or more digit channels, causing crashes (TV resets power) when editing channels in menu. Trackpad remote is nice but would have been better if you had a physical number pad on remote.

But i like the TV, hopefully Samsung doesn't take a year to fix the bugs lol!

Fw. ver. 1105 better be magic....

I'm also not a fan of larger HDTV sizes as I still watch some SD material..

I had the ES7100 and barely used the Smart Hub, I noticed Smart Hub 2.0 is definitely an improvement.

The Track Pad has caused my remote to freeze a couple of times- a battery dis-connect/reconnect is my only temporary fix.

Are you supposed to keep the IR blaster connected? I don't have it plugged in.

The TV reset is firmware related...

The remote functions are tedious, yet I'm used to it now vs. multiple remotes.
post #731 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Quote:

If your backlight is set high around 20 that works.

I have the backlight at 14- still pretty bright so brightness settings can vary.

I keep the brightness at 45 because when Micro-Dimming darkens a dark scene...eek.gif

Wouldnt the naming of the input to Pc, as suggested earlier in this thread, git rid of any dimming ? Even if the input lag is the same, that may be worth it right there.

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #732 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 08:12 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

+1, Despite my issues the F7100 is an excellent HDTV. smile.gif

How's it going with the old A850?
The old 52A850 still looks gorgeous and will turn 5 on Sep 13. I'm following the F7100 should I need a replacement this year; with all its features and price, it's quite a value. Nice to hear clouding and flashlighting are minimal.

Too bad they instituted automatic firmware updates... In the olden days, we never updated unless we absolutely had to. :-)
post #733 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM

Liked: 17
Re: post #730
Are you supposed to keep IR Blaster plugged in?

With the IR blaster plugged in, i can control the cable box, DVD player and extend range of remote. If i had a DVR & amp i bet it would control that too.
post #734 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 12
I'm really sorry to hear of all the troubles other people have had with their F7100's, I'm almost surprised that I've experienced no issues whatsoever, on FW 1104 too. Though, when I got my TV the first thing I did (after skipping through initial setup, no network setup) was to update the FW by USB, then do a factory reset to make sure the system was perfectly fresh. Perhaps might be a solution for some.

The only problem I've noticed is at night, when it's pitch black and there's a black screen on my content there's a very minor (I guess you'd call it banding?) slightly grey splotches all over, like someone threw a cup of water at the screen, it's very random pattern. My fix was to change my picture to Standard from Movie, and the Micro Dimming seemed to take care of it (its now only just barely noticeable if you pause and stare at the screen). I would have preferred to keep Movie mode, but after calibrating with Standard it looks just as good and no effect on my gaming performance. I'm gonna keep it for awhile and see if the Micro Dimming goes haywire like some have mentioned, and then I guess I'll have to live with a very slight splotch at night. More than good enough for the quality of the picture and contrast this TV delivers.

I really can't speak to the Smart Touch Remote performance, I have a Harmony Touch remote and it operates everything just fine, even the Smart Hub content. Good luck to everyone else, and here's hoping FW 1105 is out soon with lots of fixes!
post #735 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuushin View Post

I would have preferred to keep Movie mode, but after calibrating with Standard it looks just as good and no effect on my gaming performance.

For gaming, you really need to turn on Game Mode anyway (where Movie Mode is not available).
Otherwise the input lag is extremely bad.
post #736 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurifan View Post

For gaming, you really need to turn on Game Mode anyway (where Movie Mode is not available).
Otherwise the input lag is extremely bad.

I've read that from other people as well, but I haven't noticed any ridiculous lagging. That said, I rarely play FPS's, but I do play a bunch of racing games that require precise timing and haven't suffered at all. Also, my old TV was a POS Sharp which had terrible lag, so maybe it's just a matter of perspective. I don't have the equipment to measure lag time, so can't give any precise numbers.
post #737 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

The old 52A850 still looks gorgeous and will turn 5 on Sep 13. I'm following the F7100 should I need a replacement this year; with all its features and price, it's quite a value. Nice to hear clouding and flashlighting are minimal.

Too bad they instituted automatic firmware updates... In the olden days, we never updated unless we absolutely had to. :-)

On my F6400, you can turn automatic updates off, which I did. I'll check for updates myself.

On the other hand, I liked fw 1104. It noticeably improved Auto Motion Plus for me.
post #738 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM

can you share calibration settings?
post #739 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Well it's been 24 hours since the new Main Board and so far... No Power cycles. I'm thinking FW version 1104 may not be the direct cause of the power cycle issue for some. Mabye it's a weird combination of several updates installed back to back & not Ver 1104 that ultimately caused the issue. rolleyes.gif
post #740 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 PM

Liked: 13
For anyone interested I ordered the 65" f7100 from best buy on wednesday for 2599.00. Today i noticed Abe's of Maine has it for 2339.00 with free shipping. I went into Best Buy and showed them the online price at ABE's and they had no problem giving me the price match. The point of the story is you can now get the 65" f7100 from Best Buy for 2339.00 if you show them the Abes of Maine price. You're all welcome smile.gif

Panasonic 65VT60
Onkyo 9400THX
PS3 Slim
Xbox360
Directtv HD DVR
Logitech Harmony 900
post #741 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Killer great PQ on the HBO, Cinemax and Starz preview weekend via. DirecTV.

The F7100 is actually a little superior to the old A850 - watching the same content.
post #742 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

The Uniformity, Color Accuracy, Black Levels and Contrast Ratio of the F7100 is better than the A850, very amazing.
post #743 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

Well it's been 24 hours since the new Main Board and so far... No Power cycles. I'm thinking FW version 1104 may not be the direct cause of the power cycle issue for some. Mabye it's a weird combination of several updates installed back to back & not Ver 1104 that ultimately caused the issue. rolleyes.gif

Finally....back to enjoying the mighty F7100...biggrin.gif
post #744 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehiser View Post

For anyone interested I ordered the 65" f7100 from best buy on wednesday for 2599.00. Today i noticed Abe's of Maine has it for 2339.00 with free shipping. I went into Best Buy and showed them the online price at ABE's and they had no problem giving me the price match. The point of the story is you can now get the 65" f7100 from Best Buy for 2339.00 if you show them the Abes of Maine price. You're all welcome smile.gif

Wow, that's fantastic. And also what kinda makes me mad about being Canadian. I got a great deal at Futureshop, free shipping and a little off the top and it cost me $3300 (taxes inc) for the 65". Still worth every penny now that I have it haha. (Just for reference, Amazon.ca has it for $3400 base. And like hell I was gonna trust them to bring it to my door.)
post #745 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 08:28 PM

Picked up our UN60F7100 last Sunday, it's Boss.

Still fine tuning it for PS3 on Black Ops 2 and Dish Network.

Sat Radio sub since January 2004 and lovin it.
post #746 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brehiser View Post

They'll credit you post purchase? Abe's has the 60" for about $150 less, dunno if I want to pack the 60 back up for a return and exchange. I didn't see Abe's in the list of online retailers they honor?

Sat Radio sub since January 2004 and lovin it.
post #747 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 PM

a
post #748 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:

Finally....back to enjoying the mighty F7100...biggrin.gif
Yeph... I really Am!!!!!cool.gif
post #749 of 5219 Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM

Liked: 13
well mine doesnt get delivered until wednesday, but yes as long as you are within the 15 day return window they will adjust the price. its not an exchange, and you shouldnt have to take yours back to get the discount. If they give you grief about it, just threaten to return it and buy the one online. Theyd have to sell the returned one as open box so theyd much rather discount yours especially if its only 150.

Panasonic 65VT60
Onkyo 9400THX
PS3 Slim
Xbox360
Directtv HD DVR
Logitech Harmony 900
post #750 of 5219 Old 06-15-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewright27 View Post

On my F6400, you can turn automatic updates off, which I did. I'll check for updates myself.

On the other hand, I liked fw 1104. It noticeably improved Auto Motion Plus for me.
The F7100 also has the option to turn Off the Auto Update feature But... Mine was set to Off the other night and it updated anyways I guess while the TV was Off. I had canceled a recommeded update prior to turning it off. Later when turning it back On, It was showing a message that the TV had been updated to the latest version. No problems so far so 1104 hasen't broken my brand new Main board. My keyboard behaves erracticlly but I think that may be related to the Smart Hub software and not the firmware. Not sure though.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page