Forum Jump: 

post #2791 of 5204 Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

This HDTV can still impress with stunning images (depending on the source)...months later. biggrin.gif

Since we are in a similar situation - early adopter and main board swap. I believe you nailed the power issue's source.

I also noticed that pressing the Netflix or Amazon icons on the remote's More view - without the network sends the F7100's CPU into a fit.

The result can be a shut off or cycle, also triggered by the STB tools channel guide's loading errors and other glitches.

I have seen the two Web Browser Apps before.....

My conclusion is that all the major issues from the dancing squares to power cycles have been software glitches.

The HDTV is just too complex and varied in its functions to offer a seamless experience.
I totally agree that the firmware is very complex. That being said, would require much more extensive testing and design verification before this type of product hits the market. Once released, there should be no enhancements required and therefore, no need for software updates except for changes needed to stay current with TV providers and other changing technologies. A few bugs may crop up but that just means that sombody didn't properly 100% test the firmware prior to release. You should NEVER expect to see update after update patching issues that are stilll being discovered and corrected so long after the date of release. These patches tend to fix these reported problems but somtimes creat an entirely set of new issues due to speedy release changes not being properly tested from a design verification standpoint. This requires going back and testing every function/feature/setting to ensure 100% perfection. This is really a coslty expence and I can understand why manufactures dont do it. That's why it's so important to GET IT RIGHT the first time. Instead, we the owners get to do all of the post testing and bug reporting for them. What a way to do business.... It sems that all of the TV manufactures operate this way.eek.gif One thing I can positively say is that when just using the TV as a TV without all of the smart hub stuff, the set plays GREAT without any of the older issues like power cycling or Cinema Black flicker that plaged the TV when first released. So there is hope that the Smart Hub will get cleaned up as well. Hopefully sooner than later!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 5204 Old 10-20-2013, 07:18 PM

Liked: 10
I think this thread might be more appropriate place to post since I have the UN55F7100AFXZA since I brought that model last week. I'm trying to figure out why the Samsung remote does turn on and off my Motorola box (FIOS) but refuses to change the channels? Am I missing something?
post #2793 of 5204 Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0x3r View Post

I think this thread might be more appropriate place to post since I have the UN55F7100AFXZA since I brought that model last week. I'm trying to figure out why the Samsung remote does turn on and off my Motorola box (FIOS) but refuses to change the channels? Am I missing something?
During the STB setup, there is a point where the channel is supposed to change. If you answer no to that question, you can then do a search for your exact Motorola model type of box. I had to do that also for my Cox box or my Info button on the remote acted like my Pre-CH button instead. It really bugged me and in my case it was not very aparent since the Power On/Off and channel buttons worked as it was supposed to. After selecting my model type and then finishing up the STB setup again, my Info button now works as it should along with the other functions that were already working. Hope this helps.
post #2794 of 5204 Old 10-21-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyLyons1977 View Post

Anything you suggest I change in settings? Turn off the wifi?

Sorry, I don't think any specific setting change would make a difference.
post #2795 of 5204 Old 10-21-2013, 10:05 PM

So I had a discovery about my 'On TV' issue (where searching for a provider gave no results regardless of the zip code), it turns on this only happens when selecting 'Antenna' as the source. If I select 'Set-top box' and use the same zip code I can see all the providers in my area, which would be fine if I had a STB...

Would anyone here be willing to test this themselves for me so I can try to figure out if this is specific to my TV or a possible problem with the 1113 firmware? To do it you need to navigate to Smart Features -> On TV Settings -> On TV Setup, and then run the setup with your source set to antenna. 

Edit: After 3 attempts I finally got passed tier 1 support; this is a confirmed bug with 1113. Guess I'll be waiting. :|

post #2796 of 5204 Old 10-22-2013, 04:28 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Its great for a bright room.

Its can push out a white level of 383.30 cd/m2 at 20% APL. Super-Bright....

http://televisions.reviewed.com/content/samsung-f7100-review/the-science

Thanks that's what I was looking for!
post #2797 of 5204 Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM

Liked: 11
Anybody have any Game settings ? i see a lot of banding on Ps3/360/and wii u games
post #2798 of 5204 Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Now I know that its essential to do a system reset after each firmware update...

This morning I turned on the F7100 and had no sound.

I played with the volume control and then the screen took on a magenta/ pink tint - crazy.

I turned the HDTV off and everything was okay, sound and picture back to normal.

After work I did the system reset, smart hub reset and re-entered all my settings.

It could have been from my DirecTV HD receiver- but I doubt it.

I feel like the F7100's Apocalypse Now like "never get out of the boat" quote could be "never update without a reset".
post #2799 of 5204 Old 10-23-2013, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebas Garcia View Post

Anybody have any Game settings ? i see a lot of banding on Ps3/360/and wii u games

Standard Mode (Game Mode - in General Settings)

Backlight 14
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharp 20
Color 44
Tint 50/50

Picture Size - Screen Fit or 16:9

Advanced Settings - Dynamic Contrast off, Black Tone off, Flesh Tone 0, and RGB Only off
Color Space - Auto
White Balance 25 26 26 16 25 25
Gamma 0

Picture Options
Color Temp Warm2
Dig Clean View – Off
Mpeg – Off
HDMI black level- Normal with Xbox360- Console Settings>
Display Ref. Levels: Expanded and Color Space: RGB
Film - [greyed out]
Auto Motion Plus – Off, Clear or Custom - Blur 10 - Judder 0 - LED Clear Motion On
Cinema Black Low, Medium or High

Apply Picture Source - Current Source
post #2800 of 5204 Old 10-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Now I know that its essential to do a system reset after each firmware update...

This morning I turned on the F7100 and had no sound.

I played with the volume control and then the screen took on a magenta/ pink tint - crazy.

I turned the HDTV off and everything was okay, sound and picture back to normal.

After work I did the system reset, smart hub reset and re-entered all my settings.

It could have been from my DirecTV HD receiver- but I doubt it.

I feel like the F7100's Apocalypse Now like "never get out of the boat" quote could be "never update without a reset".
Well Iv'e said it before... Another "WEIRD" issue that eventially shows after doing a firmware update. A Factory Reset magically fixes it never to return again (until mabye the next Firmware Update gets installed). I have to admit, this sound issue is a new one for the books for sure!!!! So far, no matter how hard I tried to avoid doing the Reset thing, I discovered a firmware issue showing up Each & Every Time shortly after doing a Firmware Update!eek.gif
post #2801 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:

Standard Mode (Game Mode - in General Settings)

Backlight 14
Contrast 100
Brightness 45
Sharp 20
Color 44
Tint 50/50

Picture Size - Screen Fit or 16:9

Advanced Settings - Dynamic Contrast off, Black Tone off, Flesh Tone 0, and RGB Only off
Color Space - Auto
White Balance 25 26 26 16 25 25
Gamma 0

Picture Options
Color Temp Warm2
Dig Clean View – Off
Mpeg – Off
HDMI black level- Normal with Xbox360- Console Settings>
Display Ref. Levels: Expanded and Color Space: RGB
Film - [greyed out]
Auto Motion Plus – Off, Clear or Custom - Blur 10 - Judder 0 - LED Clear Motion On
Cinema Black Low, Medium or High

Apply Picture Source - Current Source
forgot to mention i have the UN60f7100
post #2802 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 05:29 AM

I too have seen the "magenta/ pink tint" issue before. I agree about the reset after an update.
I just had to reset the smart hub a couple of weeks ago. when it started hanging up not sure if it was related to the Samsung App server update.

The only unresolved issue I have with 1113 now is that the universal remote set-up will not turn off my 8742HDC cable box
but it will send the IR signal when turning on the TV. So now I have to manually turn off the box each time.

Its like a new batch of bugs each update. the good news is I almost have all the settings, model numbers, ect memorized smile.gif
PiratesCove likes this.

Mad
post #2803 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 AM

In the last few days, my f7100 has developed a strange fault.

While watching any source, the voice mode activates randomly (dims screen, turns down volume and mic logo appears) I have no idea why, both remotes are flat on the table, so not pushing a button by accident.

Very odd - any one ever have this or any idea why?

I thought it maybe trigged by sound from the TV or us talking, but there seems to be no pattern.
post #2804 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbler77 View Post

While watching any source, the voice mode activates randomly (dims screen, turns down volume and mic logo appears) I have no idea why, both remotes are flat on the table, so not pushing a button by accident.

I thought it maybe trigged by sound from the TV or us talking, but there seems to be no pattern.

Been happening to me too, just thought i was going crazy. Have only noticed it when I change channels on my Directv genie box.
post #2805 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 AM

I just got off phone with Amazon and they will not price match Abe's of Maine. Bigboxsuperstore salesman claims it is authorized dealer of Samsung. Not true. Samsung said no and do not warranty unauthorized sets. Abe's of Maine did not answer phone and message 2 hrs ago not answered. I can't find phone # for Eastcoasttv and ask if they charge 8% for shipping insurance.

docic
post #2806 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madb View Post

I too have seen the "magenta/ pink tint" issue before. I agree about the reset after an update.
I just had to reset the smart hub a couple of weeks ago. when it started hanging up not sure if it was related to the Samsung App server update.

The only unresolved issue I have with 1113 now is that the universal remote set-up will not turn off my 8742HDC cable box
but it will send the IR signal when turning on the TV. So now I have to manually turn off the box each time.

Its like a new batch of bugs each update. the good news is I almost have all the settings, model numbers, ect memorized smile.gif

Good to know its not just me......I have the settings stored on my HP Laptop.
post #2807 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbler77 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall08fan View Post

Been happening to me too, just thought i was going crazy. Have only noticed it when I change channels on my Directv genie box.

Sounds like more firmware update bugs....with the F7100's Sounds.
post #2808 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

Well Iv'e said it before... Another "WEIRD" issue that eventially shows after doing a firmware update. A Factory Reset magically fixes it never to return again (until mabye the next Firmware Update gets installed). I have to admit, this sound issue is a new one for the books for sure!!!! So far, no matter how hard I tried to avoid doing the Reset thing, I discovered a firmware issue showing up Each & Every Time shortly after doing a Firmware Update!eek.gif

I had a sound issue way back with the Mute function from the remote.

Luckily the remote itself has worked great with Touch Sensitivity: Low.
post #2809 of 5204 Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:

I had a sound issue way back with the Mute function from the remote.

Luckily the remote itself has worked great with Touch Sensitivity: Low.
I thought I remembered you getting a new remote for some reason. Anyways back to the bugs in firmware... Tonight after using my mouse to select the Smart Hub, The cursor locked up and then the TV shut Off. WTF!!!! This firmware seemed very solid up until the supposed Samsung Server maintenance a while back. They didn't mention any software updates but being connected to the web full time, who knows what they really do. For some reason, there seems a lot more posting about having to do Factory Resets from sound issues, connection issues, the pink tint thing, STB functional problems, Etc. I think engineering is having to work double hard to come up with 2013 Smart Hub platform continuing to work with the 2012 EVO Kit ES7500/8000 TV'S. I'm just thinking back to the eairier versions seeming more responsive and very stable. The latest version is not bad but totally "CRASHY" at times. The at times part is a bit concerning to me. The picture itself is really amazing so I hate to think I will have to do anotther Firmware update in hopes of better stability once again. I can see all of my TV programming by just closing my eyes since I've done it so often it has burned itself inside my eye lids. Mabye I have my back light turned up to high....rolleyes.gif
post #2810 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:

Good to know its not just me......I have the settings stored on my HP Laptop.

If I need them I have my settings backed up on a couple pieces of paper that I printed from your settings wink.gif

Mad
post #2811 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 07:28 AM

Jus got 65 F7100 last night.  TV did not seem to be as great I thought it would be.  Theres a bit of motion blur.  I am thinking bout returning this TV and getting a Sony 70 R550A for the same price.  Even thought the samsung 7100 has a 240 hz rate and the R550A has a 120hz rate, at best buy I didnt really notice a difference.  Not sure if its their connection but when looking side by side, the samsung screen did look a bit brighter.  Is the R550A comparable to the 7100?  I dont really need the 3d features or the smart features. I just want a big tv with really good picture quality and low motion blur.

post #2812 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 AM

I have been living with a new UN65F7100 for a bout a week now. I have read pretty much all posts here, and thought I would share my experience so far.

I primarily bought this TV to watch movies 80% of the time. It has a dedicated media room, and the kids and wife watch tv in other rooms throughout the house.

I have tried most settings and have settle on the Movie setting with adjustments suggested here in the forum. I can say that Blu-Ray and Apple TV movies look amazing, I am very happy with the picture quality, definition, and motion (clear motion set to on)

I have two issues with this set that I have yet to resolve:

1. Cable TV picture quality. It seems that no matter what I do with the settings, the faces look like they have less detail than the rest of the picture, strange as I have a 3 year old Sony LED 60" TV that can render the faces quite well.
2. Smart TV - It is buggy, however I have no plans to use any of the apps\features, as my Apple TV more than takes care of my needs.

I have 3 weeks left to determine whether I will keep this TV or bring back. The problem is... what would I get if I did return it. Pretty much every TV on the market today has issues (both Plasma and LCD\LED) this may be the best option...

I would rate it very high if I could fix the face detail on HD cable. Funny as Bluray and AppleTV movies are rendered in extreme detail, very nice.
post #2813 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie12 View Post

I have two issues with this set that I have yet to resolve:

1. Cable TV picture quality. It seems that no matter what I do with the settings, the faces look like they have less detail than the rest of the picture, strange as I have a 3 year old Sony LED 60" TV that can render the faces quite well.
2. Smart TV - It is buggy, however I have no plans to use any of the apps\features, as my Apple TV more than takes care of my needs.

Willie 12. Who is your cable TV provider? I have Time Warner (NYC). I also got this TV (55" version) about a month ago, and while I love it, the close-ups of faces on certain shows on some cable channels do not look as crisp as they do on my 3 year old 42" LG LCD. Yet, other times, the picture blows me away. I have to believe that this is somehow an interaction between (Samsung) LED implementation and HD CATV. I am certainly satisfied thus far, and also do not use the smart hub. I use my Roku 3 instead.
post #2814 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM

Walkman666,

I have Bell FibreOp here in Canada. I haven't watched many tv shows on this TV as of yet. I am hopeful that your comments hold true for me as well, and it could be the content provider and not the TV.
post #2815 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 02:21 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
2. Smart TV - It is buggy, however I have no plans to use any of the apps\features, as my Apple TV more than takes care of my needs

For better HD cable, try setting your box to only output 1080i instead of giving it the option of sending 720p. These TV's don't do conversions as well as some brands (sony is good).
As for buggy smart TV, be sure and do a reset after updates (the one through the support menu).
post #2816 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

I thought I remembered you getting a new remote for some reason. Anyways back to the bugs in firmware... Tonight after using my mouse to select the Smart Hub, The cursor locked up and then the TV shut Off. WTF!!!! This firmware seemed very solid up until the supposed Samsung Server maintenance a while back. For some reason, there seems a lot more posting about having to do Factory Resets from sound issues, connection issues, the pink tint thing, STB functional problems, Etc. I think engineering is having to work double hard to come up with 2013 Smart Hub platform continuing to work with the 2012 EVO Kit ES7500/8000 TV'S. I'm just thinking back to the eairier versions seeming more responsive and very stable. The latest version is not bad but totally "CRASHY" at times. The picture itself is really amazing so I hate to think I will have to do anotther Firmware update in hopes of better stability once again.

+1, The only thing that keeps my piece of mind is to think of the F7100 as a computer.

I have had so many lives, deaths and resurrections on the very HP laptop I'm using to type this-

Its about appreciating the time everything is working.....knowing some issue could be just around the corner.

I'm all for a new firmware update, with the reset- but I'm not looking forward to re-entering all those settings.
post #2817 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post

For better HD cable, try setting your box to only output 1080i instead of giving it the option of sending 720p. These TV's don't do conversions as well as some brands (sony is good).
As for buggy smart TV, be sure and do a reset after updates (the one through the support menu).

+1, Film Mode: Auto 1 with Auto Motion Plus: Off also brings more natural detail to 1080i sources.
post #2818 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already had 1080i set on the STB. Will try the other suggestions to see how they impact the quality.

Thanks again for the quick responses, this is a great forum for sharing.
post #2819 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4top455 View Post

Firmware 1115 is out.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will try fw. ver. 1115 tonight or early tomorrow.

I guess Samsung figured out fw. ver. 1113 has some issues.
post #2820 of 5204 Old 10-25-2013, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Firmware roll-out must be regional.

There is no fw. ver. 1115 available as of 11:06 E.S.T..
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un60f7100 60 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page