AVS Forum banner
787K views 6K replies 657 participants last post by  z0dd 
#1 ·
I just got his HDTV and I am loving it so far...excellent color, motion, black levels and solid resolution and uniformity.

HDTV INFORMATION:

Samsung XX-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV Sizes: 46'', 55'', 60'', 65'' and 75''.

Controlling your TV is easier than ever with the Ultra-Slim Samsung Smart TV F7100. You can talk to your TV in more natural ways such as asking, "What action movies are on", or you can perform all the basic commands such as "record", "last channel" and "turn on". Browse the new intuitive Smart Hub, a central, easy-to-navigate hub of all your favorite content. Discover how the new F7100 can evolve your TV experience.

LED F7100

Smart TV

The Samsung Smart TV finds the movies and TV shows you like - and more. Speak into the mic on the Smart Touch Remote to

get TV recommendations. Use gestures to swipe and navigate within the 5 Smart Hub content panels. Easily discover movies, shows, and social posts with less searching and more watching.

AllShare

Allows your TV to wirelessly access and stream content from any compatible device, like a PC or mobile device. Share movies, photos, and music all through a single device: your TV. And with cloud technology, you can access and even share content away from home.

Samsung Active 3D

Enjoy stunning Full HD 1080p in both 2D and 3D modes. With Samsung's 3D converter, turn 2D viewing into 3D for an amazing cinematic experience.

Smart Hub

Our new interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels: On TV, Movies and TV Shows, Social, Apps, and a panel for your Photos, Videos and Music.

Smart Touch Remote

The Smart Touch Remote Control features an innovative touch pad and built-in microphone allowing you to easily interact with your Smart TV.

Dual Core processor

Dual Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time. It also enables fast web browsing while playing apps or TV programs that you've recently opened through the Recent History feature.

Built-in WiFi

Enhance the connectivity capabilities of your TV with Built-in WiFi.

Full Web Browser

All the benefits of full web browsing, right on your TV. From social sites like Facebook and Twitter to news, weather, entertainment, blogs and more. Discover even more content possibilities with your Smart TV.

ENERGY STAR

ENERGY STAR qualified products meet strict energy efficiency specifications set by the government. This Samsung TV not only meets ENERGY STAR requirements; it exceeds them.

Clear Motion Rate 720

A Clear Motion Rate of 720 is an incredible level of motion-clarity. TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with impressive sharpness, clarity and contrast. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology.

Micro Dimming

Samsung's advanced picture contrast technology controls and enhances LED screen brightness, for even whiter whites and deeper blacks.

What's Included:

UNXXF7100 XX-Inch Ultra Slim 3D Smart LED HDTV, Smart Touch Remote, 4 Pairs of 3D Active Glasses, and Documentation.

I saw the other F7100 thread..but the traffic was low. The F8000 has two threads also- so why not?

Additional Features:

Ultraslim Bezel; Ultraslim design (1-1/4" deep)

Comes with a stand or can be mounted on a wall (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA 400mm x 400mm compliant.

Connect to the Internet

Samsung's Smart TV 2.0 features a Web browser, a dual-core processor and access to Netflix, Pandora, Skype, Facebook, YouTube, Hulu Plus, HBO GO, ESPN ScoreCenter and more.

1080p display

Provides a highly detailed picture and is ideal for 1080p-capable content, including Blu-ray movies.

DTS Premium Sound 5.1

Along with DTS Studio Sound processing creates an immersive listening experience. Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Pulse optimize sound playback from your compatible PC, mobile phone, tablet or other device.

Inputs

Include 4 HDMI, 1 component, 1 shared composite and 1 DVI audio.

3 USB ports

Smart Touch remote

With a built-in microphone allows easy voice interaction with your TV via S-Recommendation technology.

See less See more
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23267581

Do you notice much of an improvement in pic quality over the ES7100? And do you have a Samsung panel, which I believe is TD01 in the F series? And is the panel also clear/glossy?

The black level is darker, and the silver bezel gives a good contrast.

The colors are real accurate and still pop.

Yes, its a TD01 Panel Manufactured in April (first Time I had an HDTV made the same month).

Its a Ultra Clear Panel - but not too glossy.

Definitely an improvement in uniformity- but I need to wait for night fall to check for any issues.

#4 ·
Glad to finally see an official topic for this tv. I just purchased this tv over the weekend, I have yet to hook it up just wanted to purchase because of the sale. I will be moving in a couple of months so may hold off until then. One question I do have With this set is, Are you able to then micro dimming off?

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPunk  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23267737

Glad to finally see an official topic for this tv. I just purchased this tv over the weekend, I have yet to hook it up just wanted to purchase because of the sale. I will be moving in a couple of months so may hold off until then. One question I do have With this set is, Are you able to then micro dimming off?

No Micro-Dimming is automatic, yet Dynamic Contrast, Cinema Black, Black Tone and Motion Lighting can control the black levels.

The only one I will be using is Cinema Black to darken Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1 - Widescreen Movies.

#6 ·
The Speakers are definitely better than the ES7100, more depth and low end.

The Touch Pad remote is responsive and easy to use. It is difficult to remove the battery case.

#8 ·
This is Definitely the HDTV I dreamed about after losing my Samsung A850 last summer.

The Samsung F7100 has Zero Clouding, Zero Banding, and Mild Flashlighting in 3D.

The motion handling is excellent, though does still have rare stuttering/slowdown.

Motion looks best with Auto Motion Plus set to Off, Clear or Custom Blur 10 - Judder 0 - LED Clear Motion On.

I set up for DirecTV, Blu-rays and Xbox360 and all look stunning.

This HDTV really POPs - so much that its the first time Warm 2 Color Temp. looked right.

I really love how the Silver Bezel makes the dark black levels stand out.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookcloser  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23268424

Awesome! Mine is coming tomorrow... super excited!

You wouldn't happen to have any calibration settings yet, would ya?

I'm using these F8000 Movie Mode (2D) settings for reference:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/150#post_23141910

These for 3D:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/210#post_23145036

And this Update for the Movie Mode:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/300#post_23163014

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23268456

This is Definitely the HDTV I dreamed about after losing my Samsung A850 last summer.

The Samsung F7100 has Zero Clouding, Zero Banding, Mild Flashlighting (especially in 3D) and great motion handling (despite rare stuttering/slowdown).

I set up for DirecTV, Blu-rays and Xbox360 and all look stunning.

This HDTV really POPs - so much that its the first time Warm 2 Color Temp. looked right.

I really love how the Silver Bezel makes the dark black levels stand out.

Finally.......Success. biggrin.gif
Well this thread is getting off to the right start. My Tv is performing EXCELLENT as well and have started to watch several blu-rays I had viewed on my ES7100. All look better on the F series and I really didn't think it would be possible to achieve so much of an improvement. I also suggest to try 3D blu-ray movie and chech ouit the new feature for 3d light control. When set to high, the movie really does get that bright immage back. This one new feature makes 3D tons better for viwing pleasure.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23269589

Well this thread is getting off to the right start. My Tv is performing EXCELLENT as well and have started to watch several blu-rays I had viewed on my ES7100. All look better on the F series and I really didn't think it would be possible to achieve so much of an improvement. I also suggest to try 3D blu-ray movie and chech ouit the new feature for 3d light control. When set to high, the movie really does get that bright immage back. This one new feature makes 3D tons better for viwing pleasure.

+1, The 3D is so much better with no dark horizontal bands (like the ES on blue and white backgrounds).

The 3D Light Control set to High does makes the picture really bright- despite the glasses.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23269589

You notice any lag while gaming? Heard the f8000 was pretty high as far as input lag, curious about f7100

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23271689

Sorry but I havent used the TV for gaming as of yet. Hopefully someone who has can answer this for you.

Between today and the weekend I definitely test how the Xbox360 performs in Game Mode on the F7100.

First time in life I went from a "A" to an "F" and it was a good thing.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23267833

No Micro-Dimming is automatic, yet Dynamic Contrast, Cinema Black, Black Tone and Motion Lighting can control the black levels.

The only one I will be using is Cinema Black to darken Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1 - Widescreen Movies.
Cinema Black seems to have a negative effect on PQ causing the brightness to fluxuate quite a bit when turned On and set to Medium or High. The best solution is to just use the Low setting. This helps with the Wide Screen movies top and bottom black bars without causing this brightness fluxuation that occures during dark to light scene transitions. Hopefully, a future firmware update will correct this. I also saw this posted on the F8000 thread a while back but really could not appreciate the problem without seeing it in action. I also wish Samsung would turn this feature on for the 3D mode since there seems to be slighty more flashlighting than when in the 2D mode.

#16 ·
I am still trying to decide between the un60F7500 and the un60F7100. Best Buy's near me (long island NY) don't have the 7500's yet. The 60 inch F7100 that best buy has on display has a thicker bezel than the 65 inch F7100 and 55 inch F7100. Noticeably thicker. Picture looked excelent on the 65 inch F7100, not so great on the 60 inch.

Seems there are 2 threads going for the F7100 so I posted on this one also.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23273498

Cinema Black seems to have a negative effect on PQ causing the brightness to fluxuate quite a bit when turned On and set to Medium or High. The best solution is to just use the Low setting. This helps with the Wide Screen movies top and bottom black bars without causing this brightness fluxuation that occures during dark to light scene transitions. Hopefully, a future firmware update will correct this. I also saw this posted on the F8000 thread a while back but really could not appreciate the problem without seeing it in action. I also wish Samsung would turn this feature on for the 3D mode since there seems to be slighty more flashlighting than when in the 2D mode.

+1 , I have had Cinema Black set to Low and like it that way.

Eco Sensor On and Min. Backlight 6 with Backlight at 14 greatly reduces flashlighting for 2D.

3D seems to really bring out the flashlighting - especially with 3D Light Control set to High.

I can live with the flashlighting - my old Samsung A850 had it.

The ES7100 eventually became flashlight free over time so hopefully the F7100 will also.

I don't think I'll update the firmware anytime soon, I'm on ver. 1014.

Firmware ver.1102.1 is out, but the F8000 thread has accounts of new firmware issues.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinchmcg1  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23274980

The 60 inch F7100 that best buy has on display has a thicker bezel than the 65 inch F7100 and 55 inch F7100. Noticeably thicker. Picture looked excelent on the 65 inch F7100, not so great on the 60 inch.

+1, I also noticed the UN60F7100 had a larger bezel and softer picture.

I wonder if Best Buy has played with the settings to make the F8000 above it look better in comparison.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23272046

Between today and the weekend I definitely test how the Xbox360 performs in Game Mode on the F7100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPunk  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23275909

i tried game mode today, fixes input lag a lot.

I played Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Both looked fantastic and seemed responsive in Game Mode (Standard Mode).

The Micro-Dimming was really evident in both games in Standard Mode.

Looks like Micro-Dimming is not in Movie Mode again this year.

I'm using Movie Mode for DirecTv and Blu-rays and noticed no dimming so far.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23276914

I played Black Ops 2 and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Both looked fantastic and seemed responsive in Game Mode (Standard Mode).

The Micro-Dimming was really evident in both games in Standard Mode.

Looks like Micro-Dimming is not in Movie Mode again this year.

I'm using Movie Mode for DirecTv and Blu-rays and noticed no dimming so far.

So this probably isn't a good tv for gaming , considering the brightness changing . I was really considering this tv, as I'm looking for an upgrade in one of our family rooms, and was going to go away from plasma, but I may just be better of to stick with plasma and get a st60, and just a smaller lcd for gaming .

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23276895

+1 , I have had Cinema Black set to Low and like it that way.

Eco Sensor On and Min. Backlight 6 with Backlight at 14 greatly reduces flashlighting for 2D.

3D seems to really bring out the flashlighting - especially with 3D Light Control set to High.

I can live with the flashlighting - my old Samsung A850 had it.

The ES7100 eventually became flashlight free over time so hopefully the F7100 will also.

I don't think I'll update the firmware anytime soon, I'm on ver. 1014.

Firmware ver.1102.1 is out, but the F8000 thread has accounts of new firmware issues.
The Flashlighting on my TV has now diminished in 2D to the point where I cant see it at all until the TV has been on for over 30 minutes and then it shows but only very dim and not enough to effect the viewing experience. I do agree that 3D viewing is a bit more noticeable and especially when 3D light level is set to High. I love the brighter picture in 3D when on High so a little fIashlighting really isn't a big deal and really only shows up in a dark room. I have been running with the newest firmware 1102 for about a week or so and do not see any ovious firmware issues so far. Since my TV was so new at the time I had updated, I had not done any calibration yet so I did a full reset prior to the install. I can't say if the current settings got affected during the update as some reported on the F8000 thread. Does anybody know what is the proper method for the shipping position of the TV when being trucked. Mine was laying down flat on its panel on a pallet. Nothing was stacked on top but I guess the question is "Is the Tv supposed to be standing upright in it's box" or "laying flat on its panel face". I am really wondering if laying it flat cause any issues like induced flashlighting that can go away. This is only pure speculation though. I'm trying to cut some slack to Samsung for releasing these TV's with flashlighting. I have read that a F8000 was dissembled and the four corners of the internal panel screws were loosened about 1/2 turn and then no more flashlighting was visable. I may try this solution down the road if the flashlighting remains but the way it is looking, that may not be needed. Burn-in Time seems to be a partial cure fore sure.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26  /t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23278034

The Flashlighting on my TV has now diminished in 2D to the point where I cant see it at all until the TV has been on for over 30 minutes and then it shows but only very dim and not enough to effect the viewing experience. I have been running with the newest firmware 1102 for about a week or so and do not see any ovious firmware issues so far. Does anybody know what is the proper method for the shipping position of the TV when being trucked. Mine was laying down flat on its panel on a pallet. Nothing was stacked on top but I guess the question is "Is the Tv supposed to be standing upright in it's box" or "laying flat on its panel face". Burn-in Time seems to be a partial cure fore sure.

Good to hear, so far the only issues have been mild flashlighting and very rare stuttering/slowdown.

I have calibrated based on these settings:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470900/official-samsung-unxxf7100-owners-thread#post_23268513

My F7100 was transported upright, that's the way its supposed to be.

#25 ·
I updated to fw 1102 and the Picture Quality is identical (awesome!).

The Smart Hub 2.0 is really nice, yet I decided to disconnect.

In Menu> Smart Features> On TV Settings> On TV Setup> OPTIONS to Connect or Disconnect.

It showed me DirevTV programming and recommendations.

The firmware update slightly modified the Menu font and design.

Also I don't want to see all the Smart Hub options when I power up, so-

In Menu> Smart Features> On TV Settings> Auto Start and then set it to "Off."

Reactions: ser182
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.