Official LG XXLN5700 / XXLN5750 Owners' Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 176 Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ridgefamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the 42" version of this TV in my bedroom and am so glad I chose it instead of the 32". If your room can allow it, I suggest you look at the 42. I got a great deal from hhgregg just after Thanksgiving. Oh, and the wireless pickup from my router downstairs has been flawless. No range issues. YMMV
ridgefamus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 176 Old 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Newbie
 
jmonline11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just got this TV and am not quite sure whether its great or just okay. I have my settings at what consumer reports recommends, except that I can't turn on real cinema mode, without it automatically switching everything over to the preset cinema mode. Suggestions?

 

I also notice lines when an all black object is moving on the screen, any thoughts on improving that or is it specific to the movie I am watching?

 

Thanks.

jmonline11 is offline  
post #93 of 176 Old 01-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonline11 View Post

I just got this TV and am not quite sure whether its great or just okay. I have my settings at what consumer reports recommends, except that I can't turn on real cinema mode, without it automatically switching everything over to the preset cinema mode. Suggestions?

I also notice lines when an all black object is moving on the screen, any thoughts on improving that or is it specific to the movie I am watching?
Not at all sure what you're talking about, for either of those. What picture preset are you using, regarding the Real Cinema option? I use Standard, and have the option to toggle it on and off.

As for the lines... not sure what you're talking about. I haven't experienced that. Are you watching a DVD, Blu-ray, cable, etc...?
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #94 of 176 Old 01-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Has anyone used a 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive on this TV?

The instructions say that they don't recommend that we use larger than a 2TB external hard drive, or larger than a 32GB flash drive.

However, the instructions were written in the beginning of 2013, and most USB 3.0 flash drives that are larger than 32GB came out in the middle of last year (at least, all the ones I've been looking at on Amazon.

So, wondering if anyone has had any luck. I want to get a USB 3.0 flash drive, and would love to get a 64GB one, but I don't see the point if it will give the TV problems...
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #95 of 176 Old 01-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Slikkster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Dead Mike - I have to visit my dad and tweak/calibrate his 42" model of this series. I already know about LG service menu hacks as I have a 2012 LG. But do you happen to know what other service menu options are there, like Local Dimming, etc.?
Slikkster is offline  
post #96 of 176 Old 01-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey there. There are tons of other options (such as THX calibration, etc...), but I wouldn't mess with any of that. There's a chance his set could get bricked. A lot of these options are in the service menus for all of the LG TV's, but not all LG TV's can handle all of the options being turned on. And things like THX calibration might not even work well because these panels were never actually calibrated for THX mode. Local dimming wouldn't work, even when turned on, because these sets don't work with that. So, be very careful! I'd only switch the audio from PCM to DTS!
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #97 of 176 Old 02-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Howdy, just bought the 55" 5750 model from Costco ( Canada) . Have it set up now for a couple of days and so far so good. Got it on sale and glad I bought from Costco for their 90 return policy and their affordable extended warranty.

 

PQ is pretty darn good so far. Not much DSE or Clouding to speak of. I originally bought a 50" Sony edge lit and took it back due to the severe clouding issues it had. 

This led me to look at the back lit models out there and it was between this model and a Samsung 55" ( Samsung was cheaper, but not smart ).

 

Just playing around with the settings and trying to find the best for my eyes. Thx to people here posting what settings they are using. Using them as a baseline.

I have to agree that turning off True Motion is better than having it on. While it was on I was noticing studdering during a left to right camera pan . Turning it off I noticed these problems...things that "True Motion" is suppose to stop...vanished ...go figure. 

 

I am coming from an old 2006 Toshiba "flat panel" that had screen issues. It had a very good picture ( and I am still using it as a 2nd TV) but it was time for a change.

 

Have a PS3 and a Cable box hooked up to it via HDMI. Also have a cheap pair of rabbit ears bought from BB and get 5 HD channels.

Will hook up my surround sound via optical cable this weekend.

 

One thing about this TV that is not great is the sound no matter what setting. Sounds like its coming from a tin can. My old Toshiba is much better.

May look into a soundbar in the future.

 

Smart features are interesting and good to have.

I connect a small Acer Netbook to the TV using Servio ( free file share software). I have a Mac and will probable download Servio on that too. Was thinking to buy a 2TB hard drive but want to make sure it will work if I connect it directly to the TV. Anyone do this yet? Any brand that will work ie: Western Digital etc.??

 

One question I have is that I downloaded the LG TV remote from iTunes. It works on the antenna input and mostly on the Cable box input ( HDMI 1) except the channel buttons are grayed out and don't function. Anyone know why? Must have something to do with the cable box, cause everything works fine on Antenna, including the screen preview.

 

Magic remote is pretty cool and works well.

 

All in all, pretty pleased after 2 days.

chappy69 is offline  
post #98 of 176 Old 02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

...couple more questions:

 

I have an Airport extreme wireless router. I know I can hook up, say a 2TB hard drive to it and have wireless access from all the devices we have. Question is will the 5750 see the hard drive wirelessly? Will it just show up under the SmartShare menu?

 

Also, it has a headphone jack in the back of the TV... therefore, I should be able to hook up my computers after market 2.1, powered sound system using the headphone jack. Might give better sound than from the TV's tinny speakers.??

chappy69 is offline  
post #99 of 176 Old 02-07-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ridgefamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post

Will hook up my surround sound via optical cable this weekend.

One thing about this TV that is not great is the sound no matter what setting. Sounds like its coming from a tin can. My old Toshiba is much better.
May look into a soundbar in the future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post


Also, it has a headphone jack in the back of the TV... therefore, I should be able to hook up my computers after market 2.1, powered sound system using the headphone jack. Might give better sound than from the TV's tinny speakers.??

Congrats on your purchase. Just wondering that if you are hooking up your surround system to the optical out port why you are considering fiddling with a sound bar or the headphone jack to 2.1 powered system?
ridgefamus is offline  
post #100 of 176 Old 02-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgefamus View Post



Congrats on your purchase. Just wondering that if you are hooking up your surround system to the optical out port why you are considering fiddling with a sound bar or the headphone jack to 2.1 powered system?

 

Thx, so far so good...

 

I was thinking on using my 2.1 computer speakers via the TV's  headphone out ( if it works) just to improve the TV's speakers while watching normal cable TV. I have my PS3 hooked into my Sony AV receiver via optical for the moment and only use  for movies... watched The Wolverine last night...quite good...

 

Also found out today that Costco dropped the price of the 5750 $100. since I bought it. Called them and the 30 day price protection kicked in and will get a credit on my card. Nice...

chappy69 is offline  
post #101 of 176 Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Member
 
BombaytheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15

WIRELESS KEYBOARD options

 

I am looking for a wireless keyboard that can be used for the LG smart tvs.   Is anyone using a wireless keyboard?  If so, which one?

BombaytheGreat is offline  
post #102 of 176 Old 02-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Newbie
 
dweeezil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
trying to link an old Samsung GALAXY TAB 7.0 plus with a new LG 55LN5700. i believe the tablet uses Android 3.0: Honeycomb. i know with Samsung smartTVs, i can use the allshare app, but what do i use for the LG, and how do i configure it?
 
cheers!
dweeezil is offline  
post #103 of 176 Old 02-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeezil View Post
 
trying to link an old Samsung GALAXY TAB 7.0 plus with a new LG 55LN5700. i believe the tablet uses Android 3.0: Honeycomb. i know with Samsung smartTVs, i can use the allshare app, but what do i use for the LG, and how do i configure it?
 
cheers!

I have not tried, but this video from LG will help. Possibly you need to download some software for your Galaxy tab. Hope it helps.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZ7v7mK3Dg

chappy69 is offline  
post #104 of 176 Old 02-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Newbie
 
dweeezil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post
 

I have not tried, but this video from LG will help. Possibly you need to download some software for your Galaxy tab. Hope it helps.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZ7v7mK3Dg


thanks, but i viewed this video and others made by LG before posting, and found them unhelpful. is there a detailed tutorial somewhere?

dweeezil is offline  
post #105 of 176 Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeezil View Post
 


thanks, but i viewed this video and others made by LG before posting, and found them unhelpful. is there a detailed tutorial somewhere?

Not sure, I have an old iphone that I was trying to connect but can't use AirPlay with it so I can't connect to TV.

I have a Acer Netbook and use Serviio to connect to the TV. MAybe you can download that onto your tablet??

chappy69 is offline  
post #106 of 176 Old 02-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Member
 
_leech_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My LN5700 just prompted me with a new update. Anyone have any idea what's changed or fixed?
_leech_ is offline  
post #107 of 176 Old 02-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by _leech_ View Post

My LN5700 just prompted me with a new update. Anyone have any idea what's changed or fixed?
Just updated it. Can't really notice a difference. Menus look the same, and Netflix and YouTube look the same. Probably some minor bug fixes, or updates to apps I don't use.

Prior to the update, playing movies off the USB occasionally go out of sync. I wonder if that's been fixed.
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #108 of 176 Old 02-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Member
 
Howlrunner2070's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone have some really good settings for this set yet? I have the 55 inch model. Love it! Just looking for a really good set of settings. I have a 47 inch LM7600 set that I use the cnet settings for and the picture is great.

I find with those settings the picture on the 55 inch 5700 is not quite as vibrant as the other. I watch a ton of Hockey and looking for smoothness with as little blur as possible (But not adding the SOE)

Also for you gamers out there I have zero to very little input lag with this set and it's great for the PS4, BF4, and Ghosts look and play great.


Cheers.
Howlrunner2070 is offline  
post #109 of 176 Old 02-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlrunner2070 View Post

Anyone have some really good settings for this set yet? I have the 55 inch model. Love it! Just looking for a really good set of settings. I have a 47 inch LM7600 set that I use the cnet settings for and the picture is great.

I find with those settings the picture on the 55 inch 5700 is not quite as vibrant as the other. I watch a ton of Hockey and looking for smoothness with as little blur as possible (But not adding the SOE)

Also for you gamers out there I have zero to very little input lag with this set and it's great for the PS4, BF4, and Ghosts look and play great.
I use these:

Backlight: 30
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 60
Sharpness: 20
Color: 70
Tint: 0
Color Balance: 0

Advanced picture options:

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Low

Super Resolution: Medium
Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:

Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low (for your Game input, you'll want this to be High - as it will imitate a PC monitor's black levels, which are how games are encoded for. Just make sure you switch your PS4 to Full RGB to take advantage of this)
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye care: Off
TruMotion: Off

---

I mainly watch films (not sports or live action TV), so I tried to get my settings to give me good black levels (hence the low backlight number). With these settings, the black levels are as good as can hope for an LED. I also hate the Soap Opera Effect, so I had to turn off TruMotion completely. This being a 120hz set, I don't notice any motion blur without the setting on, anyway. If it appears to dark for you, you may like this a little more:

Backlight: 50
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 50

As for you not getting much to any input lag, have you named the HDMI input for your PS4 to 'Game' ans witched it to 'Game' AV mode? That was the only way I could eliminate input lag. When on my regular settings, there would be a noticeable 1-second delay from when I would press a button to when the actions were performed on screen.
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #110 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

I have the 55" 5750 model for about 1 month now and up till the last couple days things were pretty good and I was happy with this TV.

 

BUT, the last couple days I have noticed a problem. While watching TV shows( I'll use HGTV as an example but am noticing this on others too) the TV seems to be having problems handling the quick edits between scenes. Seems like it's lagging and not smooth. This happens in a milli second but visually  it looks like a glitch.

 

I thought that it has to be either the signal from the source, the Cable box or the TV. Switched out my new cable box to my old one and it still was happening. Then I took the cable box and hooked it into my older TV... and no problems between scene edits. Switched back to the LG and saw it again. Have not noticed this on movies as of yet.

 

So I am assuming its the LG TV. Now, I did try messing with the true motion etc but it didn't help anything.I wonder if the processor in the TV just can't keep up with the fast scene edits?? Anyone noticed this?? I guess if I can't find a solution I will be taking it back as it is an annoying issue.

 

Any suggestions??

 

Thx

chappy69 is offline  
post #111 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post

BUT, the last couple days I have noticed a problem. While watching TV shows( I'll use HGTV as an example but am noticing this on others too) the TV seems to be having problems handling the quick edits between scenes. Seems like it's lagging and not smooth. This happens in a milli second but visually  it looks like a glitch
Is this only happening with cable? Does it happen with Blu-rays? Netflix? Movies off of the USB stick?

What you're describing only happened to me once - with a particular movie off of the USB stick - for the first 10 minutes or so. I coughed it up to it being a problem with the file, as it never happened elsewhere.
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #112 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post


Is this only happening with cable? Does it happen with Blu-rays? Netflix? Movies off of the USB stick?

What you're describing only happened to me once - with a particular movie off of the USB stick - for the first 10 minutes or so. I coughed it up to it being a problem with the file, as it never happened elsewhere.

Thx for the reply...

 

I have not noticed it on the few movies I have watched through my PS3. Mostly just DVDs. Watched Pacific Rim last night and it was flawless.

I will try a bluray tonight.

 

Weird thing is I'll be watch a show with the problem, then when the commercials are on, there is nothing. ( commecials have really fast scene edits too)

Called Costco, then they sent me to LG. Lg said to try another HDMI port (duh). Basically I have tried everything from settings, changing ports/cables, swapping different cable boxes.

I then called my cable co. and they couldn't find anything on their end ( signal strength etc.)

 

I watched partial movies via USB stick and streaming from computers and have not noticed it.

 

Not sure what else I can do really except keep an eye on it.

 

Thankfully I still have 60+ days left to take back to Costco, though I am not sure what I would replace it with it it comes to that.

chappy69 is offline  
post #113 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post

Weird thing is I'll be watch a show with the problem, then when the commercials are on, there is nothing. ( commecials have really fast scene edits too)
No problem. So basically, only with cable - during shows, and not commercials? That's so weird. You would think that a movie like 'Pacific Rim,' of all movies, would cause the problem - if there was an issue with the TV's processor or something. Do me a favor, and try a different HDMI input. If it worked well with your PS3 - which I'm assuming is connected via a different HDMI port, can you confirm that the problem happens when the cable box is plugged into that same HDMI port?
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #114 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post


No problem. So basically, only with cable - during shows, and not commercials? That's so weird. You would think that a movie like 'Pacific Rim,' of all movies, would cause the problem - if there was an issue with the TV's processor or something. Do me a favor, and try a different HDMI input. If it worked well with your PS3 - which I'm assuming is connected via a different HDMI port, can you confirm that the problem happens when the cable box is plugged into that same HDMI port?

I tried moving from the first HDMi to the 3rd port...no difference. At the moment I am using my old cable box with component cables and it does the same thing. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try the HDMI 2 port where the PS3 is plugged into. I am watching HGTV now. The first show was fine, but now I am watching "house Hunters" and it is glitching something terrible...how much weirder is that. Could it be specific TV shows that are the problem? Or the tv is just warming up then the glitches start? ( only been on for the last hour or so.

 

My thought after testing everything I could think of that it was the processor not being able to keep up with the fast scene cuts, but then another show or commercial plays fine.

 

I wonder if I could record a video and post it?

chappy69 is offline  
post #115 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post

I tried moving from the first HDMi to the 3rd port...no difference. At the moment I am using my old cable box with component cables and it does the same thing. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try the HDMI 2 port where the PS3 is plugged into. I am watching HGTV now. The first show was fine, but now I am watching "house Hunters" and it is glitching something terrible...how much weirder is that. Could it be specific TV shows that are the problem? Or the tv is just warming up then the glitches start? ( only been on for the last hour or so.

My thought after testing everything I could think of that it was the processor not being able to keep up with the fast scene cuts, but then another show or commercial plays fine.
I just put on HG-TV (channel 98 on my Cablevision box) to take a look at this. The show is 'Hawaii Life' or something. Everything appears to be fine... I just can't imagine the problem being with the processor, if things like 'Pacific Rim' - where action is all over the place - looks fine. But, as you said - you tried the same cable box on a different TV and the problem wasn't there.

So this is happening while using either Component OR HDMI? This is super strange. It's got me extremely curious, though.

Not sure if this will make a difference, but is your cable box set to a 1080 output?
chappy69 likes this.
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #116 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post


I just put on HG-TV (channel 98 on my Cablevision box) to take a look at this. The show is 'Hawaii Life' or something. Everything appears to be fine... I just can't imagine the problem being with the processor, if things like 'Pacific Rim' - where action is all over the place - looks fine. But, as you said - you tried the same cable box on a different TV and the problem wasn't there.

So this is happening while using either Component OR HDMI? This is super strange. It's got me extremely curious, though.

Not sure if this will make a difference, but is your cable box set to a 1080 output?

As I write this I have my new (via HDMI) and old cable box (via component cables) hooked up to the LG. It happens on both cable boxes. It does not happen on my old Toshiba TV...which led me to believe its the LG TV. I tried adjusting the new cable box's resolution settings. First 1080P, then 1080i then 720 p...all the same result.

 

Pacific Rim is action packed, but remember this happens inbetween the quick scene edits and not fast action. Fast action is fine.Like I said, seems like the TV can't handle these quick scene/edits and is causing a visual glitch when transitioning from scene to scene. This is very quick and almost seems like a flash inbetween scenes. Indeed very strange!!!!

chappy69 is offline  
post #117 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
DeAd MiKe 187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post

Pacific Rim is action packed, but remember this happens inbetween the quick scene edits and not fast action. Fast action is fine.Like I said, seems like the TV can't handle these quick scene/edits and is causing a visual glitch when transitioning from scene to scene. This is very quick and almost seems like a flash inbetween scenes. Indeed very strange!!!!
I'd say it might be worth exchanging the set. I mean, let's see... It happens on your LG, but not your Toshiba. It doesn't happen on my LG. The only thing that makes me think it MAY not be the TV, is that it ONLY happens with cable. Could be something about the cable box that the TV doesn't like - but I suppose swapping out the sets would sort that out.

Any chance you could find an episode of whatever causes the problem - on YouTube - or to download - and playing that on the TV (just to see if it's the scenery or the cable box)?
chappy69 likes this.
DeAd MiKe 187 is offline  
post #118 of 176 Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Member
 
chappy69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post


I'd say it might be worth exchanging the set. I mean, let's see... It happens on your LG, but not your Toshiba. It doesn't happen on my LG. The only thing that makes me think it MAY not be the TV, is that it ONLY happens with cable. Could be something about the cable box that the TV doesn't like - but I suppose swapping out the sets would sort that out.

Any chance you could find an episode of whatever causes the problem - on YouTube - or to download - and playing that on the TV (just to see if it's the scenery or the cable box)?

Well guess I will monitor it for awhile and see if it gets worse or starts with movies too.

Its a hard thing to describe. It's like when one scene ends and goes into the next the original screen freezes for a milli-second causing a visual glitch and not a smooth edit from scene to scene. I think if this was happening after the return period they would think I was crazy and not send anybody out to check it out.

 

I will try other devices and content/different TV stations too. I did notice this on the History channel too.

 

Thx for the replies Mike.

 

oh I tried to take a movie of it with my iphone but didn't really work.

chappy69 is offline  
post #119 of 176 Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 AM
Member
 
Howlrunner2070's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Chappy,

Have you tried the following.




Howlrunner2070

offline
13 Posts. Joined 3/2013
Thumbs Up: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlrunner2070 View Post


I still saw a bit of a slow down issues on the face offs (not all the time) in the Hockey game last night as well as at certain times when the puck is moving really fast there seems to be a haze that shows up around it. Overall still love the TV though.

I find the picture fantastic on this thing really.



I have discovered what seems to be causing the slowdown I mentioned before while watching hockey games. I said it seemed to happen during face offs frequently. Well I now know it happens right after the Station does a static image of the logo "TSN" or "CBC" during the break in action when it shows the replay and then before going back to game it puts the logo up quickly then goes to face off where I see the slowdown for a few seconds.

Does anyone else notice this and is there a way to stop it from happening. I've seen it with Trumotion on and off.

Thanks for any help as always.
Watching the Blue Jays home opener tonight and the same issue after the logo flashes on screen.

Help.


Ok guys I seem to have finally fixed these issues. The blur on the puck when it's passed really hard, or the lag after static image before face offs. I also noticed the following in baseball where the ball would blur and in golf when the ball was coming into the green it would blur.

All I did to completely fix this was change my Picture mode to the Game setting ( Not renaming the Input to Game or PC). This took away all the issues I was having watching any sports. I'm so happy now. The only thing now is some of the options are grayed out for settings but to be honest the picture looks great to me as is. Does anyone have a really good setup for their Game mode settings?

Cheers.

I hope this helps out anyone that may have been having those same issues with the LG 7600 series.
Howlrunner2070 is offline  
post #120 of 176 Old 02-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Member
 
Howlrunner2070's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

I use these:

Backlight: 30
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 60
Sharpness: 20
Color: 70
Tint: 0
Color Balance: 0

Advanced picture options:

Dynamic Contrast: Off
Dynamic Color: Low

Super Resolution: Medium
Gamma: Medium

Picture Options:

Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Black Level: Low (for your Game input, you'll want this to be High - as it will imitate a PC monitor's black levels, which are how games are encoded for. Just make sure you switch your PS4 to Full RGB to take advantage of this)
Real Cinema: On
Motion Eye care: Off
TruMotion: Off

---

I mainly watch films (not sports or live action TV), so I tried to get my settings to give me good black levels (hence the low backlight number). With these settings, the black levels are as good as can hope for an LED. I also hate the Soap Opera Effect, so I had to turn off TruMotion completely. This being a 120hz set, I don't notice any motion blur without the setting on, anyway. If it appears to dark for you, you may like this a little more:

Backlight: 50
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 50

As for you not getting much to any input lag, have you named the HDMI input for your PS4 to 'Game' ans witched it to 'Game' AV mode? That was the only way I could eliminate input lag. When on my regular settings, there would be a noticeable 1-second delay from when I would press a button to when the actions were performed on screen.

Thanks Mike.I'll try the settings you use on expert 1. The PS4 HDMI input is set to the "Game" setting. The "Game AV" Just changes the sound to Game as well as the PIcture setting which I have already done. I really don't notice any lag at all with the PS4 or my Xbox 360 which is through HDMI 3 also set as Game Input.
Howlrunner2070 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 39ln5700 39 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Electronics 55ln5700 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Electronics 47ln5700 47 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Electronics 42ln5700 42 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 32ln5700 32 Inch Led Lit Smart Hdtv , Lg Electronics 50ln5700 50 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 47 Inch Led Smart 47ln5750 Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off