post #151 of 177 Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick0415 View Post

I have the 50LN5750 connected to an HDPVR via HDMI. I have an optical from the PVR to my AVR. Would I get DTS if I didn't use the Optical to the AVR?
You'll get DTS either way as long as you enable it in the service menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 177 Old 04-08-2014, 10:26 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

You'll get DTS either way as long as you enable it in the service menu.

How do I get to the Service Menu to choose DTS?
post #153 of 177 Old 04-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick0415 View Post

How do I get to the Service Menu to choose DTS?
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Access_hidden_service_menus_/_modes
post #154 of 177 Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 AM

Liked: 12
Is anyone having a problem with the TV turning off and off, or should I say the picture disappears and comes back repeatedly and will do that for 2 to 4 minutes.
Usually does not do it at first, but after watching for 15 minutes it will go into that mode, and then come out of that mode. Later on it will do the same thing, and it repeats.
Have had the TV for a year now with no problems.....hope it does not have a major issue.
drrogera likes this.
post #155 of 177 Old 04-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokievol View Post

Is anyone having a problem with the TV turning off and off, or should I say the picture disappears and comes back repeatedly and will do that for 2 to 4 minutes.
Usually does not do it at first, but after watching for 15 minutes it will go into that mode, and then come out of that mode. Later on it will do the same thing, and it repeats.
Have had the TV for a year now with no problems.....hope it does not have a major issue.
Nope! Is it completely turning off, or is the screen shutting off (with the audio still going through)?
post #156 of 177 Old 04-21-2014, 02:41 PM

Don't think it is fully shutting down.
You do have a loss of sound and the remote is non responsive.
Does it watching TV from Direct and when watching Netflix.
post #157 of 177 Old 04-30-2014, 01:49 PM

Going a little crazy setting up my audio, and feeling like I'm missing something blatantly obvious here.

I have one HDMI cable connected to the HDMI 1 ARC port on my 47LN5700.  The other end is connected to my HDMI audio out port on my receiver.  

On my receiver, I have a Roku plugged in to HDMI 1.

When I set my input to HDMI 1 on my TV, I get my Roku picture, and sound works fine.  If I switch to the Smart TV section, I get no output, and have to use the tv speakers to hear anything.  

I've tried changing the settings for all inputs on the tv to digital/optical, but don't see anywhere to change the Smart TV sound output.  What am I missing here?!

post #158 of 177 Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatterbraind View Post

If I switch to the Smart TV section, I get no output, and have to use the tv speakers to hear anything.  
I've tried changing the settings for all inputs on the tv to digital/optical, but don't see anywhere to change the Smart TV sound output.  What am I missing here?!
Press the "My Apps" button on your remote when in a Smart TV app, and then you'll be able to switch the audio output (as well as edit Video settings).
post #159 of 177 Old 05-06-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Press the "My Apps" button on your remote when in a Smart TV app, and then you'll be able to switch the audio output (as well as edit Video settings).

No dice there . . . the audio output is shown as set to external / optical, and again, audio only works when I switch to the Roku app.  When I switch to My Apps, the sound doesn't work, and pressing any of the volume controls even results in a message on my TV showing that my output is set to external/optical.  Driving me nuts that I can't figure this out!  :)

post #160 of 177 Old 05-06-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

Going a little crazy setting up my audio, and feeling like I'm missing something blatantly obvious here.

I have one HDMI cable connected to the HDMI 1 ARC port on my 47LN5700.  The other end is connected to my HDMI audio out port on my receiver.  

On my receiver, I have a Roku plugged in to HDMI 1.

When I set my input to HDMI 1 on my TV, I get my Roku picture, and sound works fine.  If I switch to the Smart TV section, I get no output, and have to use the tv speakers to hear anything.  

Hi skatterbraind, what receiver model? Note that for ARC (Audio Return Channel) to work both TV and receiver has to support ARC.

On the TV you have to enable simplink and enable HDMI Control (depending on model) on the receiver.
post #161 of 177 Old 05-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi skatterbraind, what receiver model? Note that for ARC (Audio Return Channel) to work both TV and receiver has to support ARC.

On the TV you have to enable simplink and enable HDMI Control (depending on model) on the receiver.

It's a Yamaha RX-V465.  But with that logic, how am I hearing sound from that same HDMI cable when . . . ohhhhhh . . . not sure that I've enabled simplink.  I'll try that when I get home!

post #162 of 177 Old 05-06-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:

It's a Yamaha RX-V465.

The RX-V465 does not support Audio Return Channel (ARC), so you would still need optical cable from TV to receiver.
post #163 of 177 Old 05-06-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

The RX-V465 does not support Audio Return Channel (ARC), so you would still need optical cable from TV to receiver.

Interesting . . . I used to get sound from TV to receiver from my old TV with the same setup, are there different formats for sending audio over HDMI?

post #164 of 177 Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 PM

Liked: 11

The reboot and cycling is a problem I am having. It seems to me it happens when I am trying to access content over my wireless network. It loses the connection and then starts the reboot, cycle for a few minutes unless I turn it off. If I wait a bit then try again, some times it works sometimes it cycles again. 

Did you ever find a solution?

post #165 of 177 Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 AM

Hi I really need some help with this or I will have to return the TV
I just bought a 47LN5700-SB
I can not get any signal when I connect the HDMI from my Graphics card to any of the HDMI of the TV. Before this TV ,I had another LG LCD42 and the connection was working well.
I Test all the HDMI ports on the TV and they are working fine, I connect a PS3 and TV receiver. I use those cables to see if that was the problem, but I can not get a signal on the TV.
From windows and the NVIDIA drivers I can see that the TV is recognized (see the screenshot) NvidiaDrivers.png 53k .png file
I really have not idea what to do next, I even use a program to uninstall all the Nvidia drivers like it was the first time, but, nothing happen the issue still persist.
Please, please, I need some help.
Attached Images
File Type: png NvidiaDrivers.png (52.9 KB, 2 views)
post #166 of 177 Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 AM

For me this seems to start happening when I attempt to use any streams that require the network connection: Netflix, You Tube, Plex...

I contacted LG and the only suggestion I got was reinitialize. I would like to know that such a drastic step will do the trick. Getting all the passwords and settings the way I like them was no quick thing. If I have to I will but they have scheduled a tech to visit tomorrow so I am waiting to see how that goes

There are several posts about this issue but no one talks about how or if they solved it.

post #167 of 177 Old 05-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrogera View Post

I contacted LG and the only suggestion I got was reinitialize. I would like to know that such a drastic step will do the trick.
It solves most problems.
post #168 of 177 Old 05-20-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:

The reboot and cycling is a problem I am having. It seems to me it happens when I am trying to access content over my wireless network. It loses the connection and then starts the reboot, cycle for a few minutes unless I turn it off. If I wait a bit then try again, some times it works sometimes it cycles again. 

Did you ever find a solution?

I bought my TV at Costco, so I called them and they did some trouble shooting. I could not duplicate the problem while I had them on the phone.
They powered down TV and I forget the steps, but his goal was to reduce the energy in the capacitors.

No problems since then.

I had the problem while watching broadcast TV, not streaming.
post #169 of 177 Old 05-21-2014, 07:38 PM

So I bought the 55LN5700 from Target. It was a display model and it was $539 and it had a scratch on the edge so I got 10% off and got $54. Anyway there's some burn in where all TVs info was in the top left corner. Will that go away after awhile or is it permanent?

Here's a picture
post #170 of 177 Old 05-22-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:

It solves most problems.

I want it fixed not just masked by a reset. Something is wrong and reformatting the hard drive is a lazy answer on the part of LG.

post #171 of 177 Old 05-22-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokievol View Post

I bought my TV at Costco, so I called them and they did some trouble shooting. I could not duplicate the problem while I had them on the phone.
They powered down TV and I forget the steps, but his goal was to reduce the energy in the capacitors.

No problems since then.

I had the problem while watching broadcast TV, not streaming.

Our problem was first noticeable when streaming but now we cannot even watch regular TV if we watch a DVR'd show and hit fast forward.

LG sent out a tech. Here is what he said is the issue: Certain production runs of the LN5700 (and 5750) have a bad power connector inside. This not the power cord but a connector inside. When too much power is used (fast motion, fast forwarding, using the Internet) it triggers a failure and the set reboots. Re-initializing helps because it turns on the energy saver mode which lowers power consumption (what your Costco helper did) and reduces the trigger frequency. Unfortunately, the tech did not have the part and will be back today or tomorrow to replace it. In the meantime, we just turned on energy-saver mode minimum (dimmer picture) and reduced brightness (even dimmer picture) so that at least we can use the unit until it is properly repaired. 

So, as I figured from the start, and I told the jerk and his supervisor online, resetting is masking the issue and I would rather fix it while it is still under warranty. 

If you have your product code and serial number, and your unit is still under warranty, you might want to check with a local LG service company so that the unit is fixed and you are not just getting by. 

post #172 of 177 Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 AM

If it is what I was experiencing - the reboot and return to TV - then it is/was the power consumption causing the reset. The tech who came out said it is a bad internal power connector. The temporary solution is to use energy saver modes. This seems to have stopped the rebooting but it is not a repair. Since I am still waiting on the repair I can't promise that will fix anything but I am hopeful.

post #173 of 177 Old 05-22-2014, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the info drrogera, I'll have to do so follow up with Costco and see where that gets me.
The one plus with Costco, I have either 5 or 6 years of coverage for 59.99....no one can beat that.
drrogera likes this.
post #174 of 177 Old 05-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:

If it is what I was experiencing - the reboot and return to TV - then it is/was the power consumption causing the reset. The tech who came out said it is a bad internal power connector. The temporary solution is to use energy saver modes. This seems to have stopped the rebooting but it is not a repair. Since I am still waiting on the repair I can't promise that will fix anything but I am hopeful.

OK, it has been 5 days and everything is working fine now. So, to conclude, the internal power cable is the problem. The tech said it is a problem that was discovered after the early manufacturing runs. IT was a free fix so do not hesitate to get it checked out ASAP.

smokievol likes this.
post #175 of 177 Old 05-28-2014, 05:51 PM

LG kept going thru off an on at intermittent intervals, with direct TV, DVD, and Netflix.
Called Costco and went thru trouble shooting and after 58 minutes they will be sending a tech out to fix.

Will keep everyone posted.
post #176 of 177 Old 06-04-2014, 04:33 AM

Just purchased a 47LN5750, trying to set up my Polk Surroundbar 5000 with the Magic Remote. None of the listed remote options worked, so I called LG support. Rep advised me that the Magic Remote will only work with HDMI connected devices. ??? Is this correct?
post #177 of 177 Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 AM

I purchased the LN475750 from Sam's in Lantana, Florida on 6/16/14. Total price without taxes was $548.71. TV has really great features and the SMART features work very well. I have a ROKU unit which I have used as wireless access on my old 40"Sony, but the LG works fine without it. The only issue I have found is you cannot "pause" the download as with the ROKU unit.

I connected the digital output using optical cable to my receiver and set the unit on bypass and the sound is sync'd with no problems.

No problems with software downloads to date.

Picture settings took some time. I tried various settings others have used, but the best settings I found were from this website;

http://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-revi...eview/#!bf9cIa

I prefer the screen display to appear as normal as possible not heavily colored or high contrast or dark.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 39ln5700 39 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Electronics 55ln5700 55 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Electronics 47ln5700 47 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg Electronics 42ln5700 42 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 32ln5700 32 Inch Led Lit Smart Hdtv , Lg Electronics 50ln5700 50 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Lg 47 Inch Led Smart 47ln5750 Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page