Official LG 55ga7900 owners thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 358 Old 02-06-2014, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm having trouble changing a setting on this tv, can anyone help? When you push the HOME button on the remote the screen changes so that you can see a wide variety of apps and what-not. There's a tab marked PREMIUM APPS that I'd like to change. I've figured out how to move the entire tab around but I want to change the apps that are inside it. They're all marked with a "star" of some sort and I would like to switch some of them out with a different app. Does anyone know how to access this setting? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 358 Old 02-06-2014, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know now to get into the service menu?
post #333 of 358 Old 02-07-2014, 06:49 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercennarius View Post

FWIW make sure you are using the correct HDMI cable, only HDMI cables 1.4 and 2.0 currently support Audio Return Channel(ARC).

Do i need to eneble ARC in TV as well or is it enabled by default in google TV? if it has to be enabled then can you let me know how to enable in TV.. the video thats mentioned above seems to be good for non-google TV's
post #334 of 358 Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Liked: 10
Service menu is easy but have no idea what to do with it... details from others and no credit to me ....

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=61525458&postcount=131
post #335 of 358 Old 02-10-2014, 04:13 PM

There is no ARC on this TV. It would say ARC on the HDMI input if it were an offered feature.
post #336 of 358 Old 02-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn77 View Post

There is no ARC on this TV. It would say ARC on the HDMI input if it were an offered feature.

users here have claimed to have gotten the sound via ARC... strange
post #337 of 358 Old 02-11-2014, 07:11 PM

Can anyone tell me what I need in order to mirror my phone to the tv? for DLNA right now I use Avia and it is decent but I was never able to mirror my phone to the TV. l assume I need a something like Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter? Has anyone ever tried this and what was your experience?

post #338 of 358 Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 AM

Any word when 4.4 kitkat will come to this TV?
post #339 of 358 Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasa111 View Post

Can anyone tell me what I need in order to mirror my phone to the tv? for DLNA right now I use Avia and it is decent but I was never able to mirror my phone to the TV. l assume I need a something like Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter? Has anyone ever tried this and what was your experience?

This TV does not support Miracast.

It does not support Miracast, ARC, HDMI-CEC

Some of the apps like netflix and youtube are junk.

I am impressed by picture quality.. but i might have gotten it with similar level TV which would have supported above technologies. Dont know advantages of this TV.
post #340 of 358 Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by saudagar View Post

This TV does not support Miracast.

It does not support Miracast, ARC, HDMI-CEC

Some of the apps like netflix and youtube are junk.

I am impressed by picture quality.. but i might have gotten it with similar level TV which would have supported above technologies. Dont know advantages of this TV.

Love a lot of the Android features and apps,the voice search that comes on the remote is great. 240HZ, 3D, good PQ and ability to pass through DD and DTS. Its a great TV...best TV for the Money? I doubt it. Could it offer more features like Miracast, etc.? Sure. But its still a great TV.

post #341 of 358 Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 AM

Hey guys, I recently purchased LG GoogleTV 55" CLASS CINEMA 3D LED GOOGLE TV (55GA7900) from MicroCenter.

The TV package's carton is not sealed at the bottom like its sealed at the top.
Is this how this TV's package comes with? Notice the brown inner package box with no seal.

Its been 2 days since I bought this TV, didn't open it yet, and unable to contact local MicroCenter since Atlanta is covered in snow and all business are closed.

post #342 of 358 Old 02-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Are you trying to determine if the unit is previously used? My unit was wrapped with 3 nylon straps around it. Did yours?

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #343 of 358 Old 02-13-2014, 07:13 AM

yes, trying to determine if the product is used or not.

Mine came with just the nylon straps around the box.
post #344 of 358 Old 02-13-2014, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't recall any seal or tape at the bottom. Anyone else? I believe once you remove the straps you lift the outer box off. The stand is at the top of box.

Click For My Website - www.E55AMG.com

post #345 of 358 Old 02-13-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post

I don't recall any seal or tape at the bottom. Anyone else? I believe once you remove the straps you lift the outer box off. The stand is at the top of box.

yes there were no tapes in bottom.. as soon as you open the straps the bottom will come out
post #346 of 358 Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 PM

Liked: 11
From what I read it's supposed to be rolling out the 1st qtr of 2014. It probably depends on either the model number of your tv or the zip code you reside in?
post #347 of 358 Old 02-28-2014, 12:34 PM

I'm guessing their support for this TV (as little as there was) is probably about to disappear altogether.  It looks like they moved away from Google TVs toward Chromecast, which essentially will provide a google experience for any tv.  I do hear that there will likely be an increase in the number of available apps for this so this might indirectly work out in our favor.  I think it's safe to say that Google/LG has pulled almost all support for this TV.  

It's a good TV, no question.  Probably not worth the price tag though.  It's ok, I've learned my lesson from buying a nonstandard TV for bells and whistles.  Next time, I'll just buy a regular LG TV and save myself the money (and frustration).  

post #348 of 358 Old 03-04-2014, 05:18 AM

I got this TV to watch foreign TV like I do on my android tablet, however none of those apps are available so the app selection for this really TV sucks.

I used Apk Extract from Google play to extract some apps and convert them to apk and I was able to install them and play on TV. I didn't try to convert lot of apps but the ones I tried work so now I'm happy with the TV. maybe this can help some of you that are complaining about lack of apps on this TV just convert them to Apk and install them on the TV.

I only wish there will be the 4.4 update soon bc one app I use can only work on with kitkat.
post #349 of 358 Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 AM

Honestly, I just need to get flash working and I can be a lot happier with the TV (I get tired of hooking up my laptop to the TV via HDMI because they chose to use flash).  

Overall, the updates have just taken away functionality and it seems like instead of being PROVIDED with an awesome experience, we're having to fight Google/LG to find ways around to restore functionality (like flash) and apps that should already be included in the first place.  Support from that perspective has been truly awful and seems like a poor way to reward people for backing their products.  The takeaway I'm getting is they don't really care about the business so given an alternative, go elsewhere.  Just my thoughts.  

post #350 of 358 Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:

I got this TV to watch foreign TV like I do on my android tablet, however none of those apps are available so the app selection for this really TV sucks.

I used Apk Extract from Google play to extract some apps and convert them to apk and I was able to install them and play on TV. I didn't try to convert lot of apps but the ones I tried work so now I'm happy with the TV. maybe this can help some of you that are complaining about lack of apps on this TV just convert them to Apk and install them on the TV.

I only wish there will be the 4.4 update soon bc one app I use can only work on with kitkat.

Can you list which apps you use to watch foreign TV? I also use apkshare.. but my knowledge of good Android apps are limited. Also some apps which i knew starts in a portrait mode.. since they are meant for mobile so are unsable for the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradleinflames View Post

Honestly, I just need to get flash working and I can be a lot happier with the TV (I get tired of hooking up my laptop to the TV via HDMI because they chose to use flash).  

Overall, the updates have just taken away functionality and it seems like instead of being PROVIDED with an awesome experience, we're having to fight Google/LG to find ways around to restore functionality (like flash) and apps that should already be included in the first place.  Support from that perspective has been truly awful and seems like a poor way to reward people for backing their products.  The takeaway I'm getting is they don't really care about the business so given an alternative, go elsewhere.  Just my thoughts.  

People have discussed this. You can download the flash apk (google it) and install Mozilla apk and run flash. I have installed both but havent used it still..
post #351 of 358 Old 03-06-2014, 08:50 AM

@saudagar I used Balkanyum TV and ExYu tv, those are the apps from Former Yugoslavia TV stations for the 1st one you'd need to subscribe. I don't know where you're from but I'd try to extract apps that are from Google Play that are made for tablets they worked fine for me on the TV I'm not sure what kind of options you have.
post #352 of 358 Old 03-11-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudagar View Post

Can you list which apps you use to watch foreign TV? I also use apkshare.. but my knowledge of good Android apps are limited. Also some apps which i knew starts in a portrait mode.. since they are meant for mobile so are unsable for the TV.
People have discussed this. You can download the flash apk (google it) and install Mozilla apk and run flash. I have installed both but havent used it still..

What do you use to install APK's on the TV?  I haven't been able to find an APK installer on the TV.  

On a sidenote, my point is we shouldn't NEED to sideload anything, definitely not something that was initially included in the TV that they disabled over the course of the life of the TV (especially in the first year).  

post #353 of 358 Old 03-11-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradleinflames View Post

What do you use to install APK's on the TV?  I haven't been able to find an APK installer on the TV.  

On a sidenote, my point is we shouldn't NEED to sideload anything, definitely not something that was initially included in the TV that they disabled over the course of the life of the TV (especially in the first year).  

I use the "Apk Extractor" app from Google play...  1.  l extract the app from the tablet or phone, 2  "Share the app to my email. 3. l open my email on the TV using Firefox browser and I download and install the app. make sure you enable the tv to install apps from unknown sources and you'll be able to install lot of apps that way at least for me it worked. 

I get your point but I feel there is no support for the TV. Google Nexus phones and tablets get lot of support and latest updates this TV only got updated once and not even to the latest version. At least with this apk apps I can use the TV for what it was intended. 

post #354 of 358 Old 03-11-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:

I use the "Apk Extractor" app from Google play...  1.  l extract the app from the tablet or phone, 2  "Share the app to my email. 3. l open my email on the TV using Firefox browser and I download and install the app. make sure you enable the tv to install apps from unknown sources and you'll be able to install lot of apps that way at least for me it worked. 

I get your point but I feel there is no support for the TV. Google Nexus phones and tablets get lot of support and latest updates this TV only got updated once and not even to the latest version. At least with this apk apps I can use the TV for what it was intended. 

I place apks in dropbox and open it via dropbox app on tv... no need of email.
for dropbox app you do need to email first time smile.gif from android phone
post #355 of 358 Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 AM

I have a question.  If you can install APKs onto the TV, has anyone tried installing the Hulu Plus apk?  That would greatly increase the usefulness of the TV for me!  I might have to try that tonight . . . I was just curious to see if anyone else has tried this.  It USED to be installed on the TV (one of the reasons I bought the TV, along with Plex) but it was quickly uninstalled the same night I hooked it up thanks to the "update", which really just removed flash, hulu plus, and plex.  Did the update actually ADD any functionality or did it just limit things?

post #356 of 358 Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 AM

Also, is there a way/need to root your TV to get access to some additional functionality, such as APK installers and such?

post #357 of 358 Old 06-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Hope LG updates the TV to Android TV with "L" version announced today.
post #358 of 358 Old 06-26-2014, 07:23 AM

Android TV on Google TV v4

Check this YouTube video. http://goo.gl/4cUoMe GO to 7:45

What does it mean for us, owners of LG TVs, don't know. But is there hope? What do you think?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Electronics 55ga6400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page